Author's Chapter Notes:
again, many, many thanks to creativechaos and ladyx. smooches. (and unchecked mistakes are mine, not theirs!)

Reese

He stands, reaches his hand out to help me up and I take it. He asks me if I want to go back down to the main dancefloor but I tell him no. Right where we are is just fine. There are a few other people, including Stella and Eli, dancing in this section. Honestly though, it wouldn't matter to me if we were the only two here. I just want his hands on me.

I'm praying he has at least a little bit of rhythm.

I think it's a myth that the way a man dances is automatically indicative of how he moves in bed (or, you know, against a wall...whatever). But still, it is infinitely sexy when a man can hold his own on the dancefloor. And I'll admit that I'm little skeptical because, although JC is really sexy, he's still...well, white. And my experience with white men in dance clubs, particularly after they've had a little to drink, is that most of them can't dance.

I suppose it ultimately doesn't matter to me, though. I've already made up my mind that I'm taking him home. But if he can dance, we can just chalk this whole thing up to foreplay. And that's kind of the point anyway, right? One song fades into a new one and I'm still praying--not to God, because there's absolutely nothing pure or holy about the thoughts and images running through my mind--that he can move at least moderately well.

He still has one of my hands in one of his, and now he's spinning me around so that my back is to him. He releases the hand he's holding, only to grab my hip and pull me closer. Ok. So that's how we're doing this. I'm down.

He's behind me, one hand on my hip, the fingers of his other hand trailing down my arm. It tickles and tingles and feels so good. And now, we're moving, together, and it's good. He. Is. Good.

He's guiding me, leading me, and my prayers were clearly answered because he is perfectly in synch with the beat. My jeans are sitting low and my tank has raised a little and his fingertips are deliciously hot against my skin. I relax against him and he feels so solid, and I can't tell if I'm feeling his heartbeat or if it's mine, or if it's both of us together in time with the pulsating rhythm of the music.

I'm not normally a fan of EDM, but this song, right now, is perfect. I don't know if it's the music, if it's the alcohol, if it's just him, or if it's a combination of everything, but I feel...like I'm flying.


Is your head spinning?

Is your heart racing?

Is that fire in your veins?

Are your bones burning?

Is your skin yearning?

Cause you're driving me insane.



I don't believe in fate or destiny or anything like that. I think life is full of strange coincidences, not everything means something, and sometimes things...just happen. And yet. There's something about him, and me, in this place, together, that just feels...it feels right.

Fuck. That sounds so ridiculous. I know it sounds ridiculous. I'm not a naive teenager. I'm a fully experienced, grown ass woman. And I don't believe that any two people are particularly meant to be. Especially not when one of those people stumbles into the other, coming out of a bathroom drunk and unable to stand upright on a pair of way-too-high stilettos.

So maybe it's the liquor. And maybe it's that I've been in a bad place emotionally. And maybe it's that it's been a couple of months since someone I wanted to pay attention to me, has paid attention to me. Someone that I'm extremely physically attracted to.

But the thing is, in all honesty, I don't think that's it. I'm not especially sentimental. And as emotional as I can be, and have been lately, I don't generally make decisions out of that.

There's something about him in this time, and in this space, and it feels like something that's just supposed to happen.

Fuck. Maybe I'm just drunk.  

He's turning me around to face him now, and he's looking at me in this way and I just...I can't. I cannot even. He's holding my hands now, fingers interlaced, and he's not smiling but he's still dancing and the way he's looking at me? I can feel it. Physically.

His eyes are...amazing. And it's not the color. I mean, they're pretty in color, but it's not just that. There's just...so much in his eyes. I've never met anyone with this kind of intensity before. Looking at him looking back at me makes me feel...dizzy. But in the best, sexiest kind of way.

I am so beyond ready to leave.

"Um," I begin, feeling nervous and anxious and a hundred other things all at once. "Are you ready to get out of here? Because I am."

 

JC

She's in front of me and I've got one hand on her hip and the other one running down her arm. And her skin is so soft and she feels so good against me. Her shirt's risen up just a little bit so now it's my skin on her skin and touching her is like holding a live wire. I feel electricity coursing through me and completely out of control. Only that's not quite accurate.

I know exactly what I'm doing.

I am dancing with a beautiful, sexy woman and when she's ready to go, I'm leaving with her.

I know how that sounds. How it makes me sound. Because I have a girlfriend. But the thing is, I just think that some things are kismet, you know? You're in a situation, you meet a certain person and it's just meant to be.

The fact that I didn't want to come to Chicago, but I did. The fact that Tia was already supposed to be here, but she's not. The fact that on this night, in this club, Reese literally just fell into me... That can't all be coincidence, right?

I'm not the kind of person who goes around looking for signs that aren't there. But the way she smiles and the way she laughs, and the way I feel her presence--her...essence--like a physical force that I just want to lose myself in...that has to mean something, right?

I sound like a lovesick kid. And let me just make it clear that I don't think this is love or anything. But it's a kind of connection that I haven't felt with anyone for a very long time. And it's physical, but it's not just physical. And maybe that sounds like an excuse to do something I know I really shouldn't do but it's not.

She's got her body pressed right up against mine and we're moving perfectly with the music. I like EDM in general, and something about this song, specifically, is perfect right now. Another one of those things that just seems like fate.

 

Do you feel the lightning inside of you?

Will you follow through if I fall for you?

Don't look down.

Up this high, we'll never hit the ground.

 

I spin her around to face me and I'm holding her hands and I'm looking in her eyes and I'm really wanting to pull her right up against me and let my hands and my mouth wander all over her.

But I don't.

Because even though the alcohol in my blood has me feeling a little cloudy, I'm not so liquored up that I don't know how bad an idea that would be. There aren't a lot of people around us just now, but we're in public. And with the immediacy of social media these days...well, I'm still a pretty private person. So everything I want to do with her, I'll do in private.

I like the way she moves. She's letting me lead but I can tell she knows her way around a beat. She moves like a dancer. There's a fluidity and natural grace in her body that not everyone has. I'm about to tell her so when she's suddenly saying something that I can't quite hear over the music.

I move my ear to her lips and get another whiff of that almost-but-not-quite familiar smell that's mixed with something else.

"Um," she's saying and she's kind of laughing nervously. "Are you ready to get out of here? Because I am."

A shiver runs down my spine. Hell yeah, I want to say. I'm past ready.

"Yeah," I say with a relaxed smile. "Definitely."

Chapter End Notes:
lyrics--taken from "don't look down" by martin garrix feat. usher--belong to the copyright holders.  no infringment intended. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc jc producerjc cheaterjc