I wake up, feeling a sense of wanting to get the hell out of LA and a strong sudden urge to move to the area around Fitchburg, Massachusetts. I have no clue where it is exactly or the area around it, but I do know what company I'm looking for in that area. Something is just calling for me to move there, but I don't know what quite yet. I research and apply to the company, hoping that they will take me soon.

I pick up the phone and call Chris, knowing he'll get the other three of our friends over to my place after I tell him my plan of moving to someplace I didn't even know existed on a whim. "Hey, man. I was just thinking about you and how we used to be so close," he answers the phone. 

"Well, you came across my mind when I decided to move to someplace called Fitchburg, Massachusetts without a clue as to why." 

"What? That sounds insane, even to me. Are you feeling okay?" 

"Yeah, man. I just woke up and that place came to my mind, calling for me to move out there ASAP." 

He sighs, clearly annoyed by the thought. "I know I'm crazy, but, man, you're fucking tapped. Let me call the other guys and we'll meet at your place in the next couple hours. You're supposed to be the one with all the sense," he rambles in less than ten seconds, hanging up right after. 

I look at my left wrist, making mental note of the time. I go about my next hour of peace and quiet, tracking down a place to live, and a place to get a beater car. I hop on my private Facebook and track down an old acquaintance of mine from near there (Worcester, specifically) and he tells me that he lives in Westminster now. He says it's closer to the town I'm hoping to get into and his cousin has a place for rent or buy out near him. He mentions that he has contacts in the company I want to get into, telling me to look out for a girl on second shift and that she goes by Sam. He comments on the sly about her friend, Dan. He describes them to me, detail for detail, and even says not to piss this chick off. I tell him I want the place and that's the same company that I was looking to get into, but he reiterates the info about Sam and Dan. He warns me that they went to high school together and that her man isn't what I should be concerned about. 

My hour is up; Justin slamming on my door like LAPD or the feds. I fling it open just moments after I finished making all the employment and living arrangements final. "What do you want?"

Justin groans and Chris motions to me, telling Joey and Lance 'see? I told you so' silently. "JC, please tell us that you aren't moving across the country to a blip on the map town and getting a normal person job?" Lance demands as I park my ass on the couch with a smirk. 

I nod. "As a matter of fact, I just procured the house and my contact from Worcester just said he'd make sure I get the job at TRW in Westminster. I'm going no matter what you have to say."

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for how short it is. This is just to see how it’s responded to. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story