Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to those who've been reviewing! Here's the next chapter, let me know whatcha think!

Lani

So I learned at lunch with Dominic that he and Susan weren’t really anything serious and they had only gone out on a few dates. He basically told me that wasn’t really interested her because of the jealousy card she started early on when she saw a lot of the pictures of me with his family that were taken over the years hung up around his house. I wasn’t really surprised to be honest, I knew by the way he looked at me and ignored the fact that she was sucking her teeth that Sunday that there would never be another girl that will amount to Melania Renee Violano in his eyes.

 

Justin never answered his phone that night when I called him to bring me to work. The last I saw of him was when he left with his stuff to go back to work and no matter how many times I called him (23, but who’s counting) he never answered so I had to resort to walking to work. If I could pick any word to describe my 15 minute walk I would pick paranoid; every two seconds I was turning my head in every direction looking for people that may try to fuck with me. When I finally made it to work, twenty minutes late, the club was packed and people were all over the place (nothing out of the ordinary).

After a while of serving drinks and pretending to flirt with the scumbags who tried to get my number (my boss told me I needed to be more approachable even if I didn’t want to be) I saw the familiar crowd of people make their way to the back of the club, Justin and Trace liked to make entrances like they were somebody. I smirked to myself and continued to work, even though I was pissed that he didn’t answer his phone I knew that night was definitely going to be a fun one; Justin and Trace may seem like the type that are serious about work, and they are, but the two of them and alcohol make a hilarious mix and Justin can dance his ass off and usually I got to dance a few times with them during the night, which made my job a little more enjoyable. Even though I hate bartending at Marquee it took my mind off of the worrying I was doing about my family and the dirt they were getting into.

 

“Hey Lani, what’s going on?” I glanced up and was met with Trace.

“Hey Midget, nothing really, I’m just working as you can see. What can I get for you?”

“Uhm can I get rum and coke and Justin said keep the Hurricanes coming.” I made a face at the drink Justin was ordering.

“Is he trying to get himself fucked up tonight for a reason?” I handed Trace the rum and coke he ordered and started to mix Justin’s drink.

“No idea. But I’m gonna get back out there, I’m sure I’ll be seeing you in a little while again. If you get a chance to get away I’ll save you dance.” He winked as he walked away with the drinks in hand. I’m glad Rae found someone who makes her happy; Trace is really a funny guy, I know I don’t talk about him much but he’s great.

 

 

By 3:30 I was ready to go home, but had a ½ hour left; my feet were killing me from being in 3 inch stilettos all night and my head was pounding from Dave’s annoying ass music. Before I knew it I saw DJ David making his way over to me to ‘order a drink’.

 

“Hey sexy lady.” Was he serious? Just because he’s a DJ it doesn’t mean that he’s going to musically inclined, and even if he could sing it wouldn’t make my panties melt like he wanted them to when he came around.

“Young Berg would be offended to know that you’re using his song to try to hit on me.”

“Worth a try, right Principessa?” Yuck.

“Try again Dave. Do you need something?”

“I saw you standing over here looking lonely and was wondering if you needed some company.”

“I wasn’t lonely, I was working. You want a drink? Don’t you have a DJ booth you need to attend?”

“Can I just get a Coke? And maybe a date with you? Say breakfast after closing? We can hit up a diner and get to know each other. I know everyone else that works here on a friendly basis except for your pretty little self. It’s been what, a year since you’ve been here?”

“I’ve got plans after let out.”

“You have plans at 4 in the morning? Damn you’re a busy girl. Who’s the lucky person you have plans with?”

“She’s going home with me man. So you should stop trying so hard and make your way back over there.” I looked next to Dave at Justin who was relying on the bar to hold him upright.

“You’re goin home with him Lani?”

“Yeah Dave, that a problem?”

“I just didn’t know you were into his type. Suit yourself though.” He grabbed his Coke and walked to the other side of the club and continued to do what he’s paid to do.

 

“Thanks, he’s been bothering me about going out with him for a while.”

“Like you would.” I could hear the hostility in his voice.

“Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?”

“I didn’t expect you to give him the time of day, why would you? I mean you haven’t given anyone the time of day other than Dominic.” So that’s what this was about.

“You’re drunk.”

“I’m just tipsy. I know what I’m talking about though Lani.”

“Whatever. I have a job to do.” He stood there for the next 15 minutes while I cleaned up the bar and made sure everything was in its place for the next night.

 

“How are you getting home?” I looked sideways at him as he followed me out of the front door.

“I’m walking like I usually do.”

“Trace went to pick up Rae and they went back to your place.” Great, now I get to listen to them fuck each other all night.

“I’ll just put the TV on loud.”

“Why don’t you come to my place and stay there?” I glanced over at his car and scoffed.

“I’m not getting in the car with you after the drinks you’ve had.” Justin reached into his jean pocket and pulled out the keys to his BMW.

“Maybe you aren’t aware, but I’m not a big fan of driving.”

“Alright, fine. I’ll just get behind the wheel intoxicated.”

“Don’t do it. Give me your damn keys. I’ll stay over there but I’m sleeping on the couch, I don’t trust you when you drink.” I noticed the grin form on his face as I got into the drivers seat of his car and drove away from the curb in the direction of his condo.


Justin

I wasn’t nauseas before I got in the car with her, but I sure as hell was green in the face when we parked in the garage of my building. She wasn’t lying when she said she didn’t like to drive; I’ve never seen someone so tense behind the wheel in their life and I was scared for my own safety at the way she kept stopping and going in the NYC traffic (not the smartest idea when people are driving way over the speed limit).

 

“God damn do you have your license?” We were finally getting onto the elevator to ride up to my condo when I was able to hold down the vomit from spewing out.

“I told you I don’t like driving” I went into my room to change into baggy sweatpants and a beater while she went into the kitchen to do whatever it was she wanted. When I was done changing I followed her into the kitchen, which was still pitch black, and waited on the other side of the fridge for her to finish getting whatever she was looking for.

 

“Shit Justin.”

“Sorry, I figured you’d see me, but I guess you’re blind as fuck.” I grabbed the two bottles of water from her hand and placed them on the counter adjacent from us.

“It’s hard to see someone when they’re standing the dark. I wasn’t born with night vision like you. Sorry.” Lani joked and hopped up on the island as I turned on the light and rummaged through the cabinets to grab more junk.

“So you and Dominic aren’t together?”

“No.”

“Why was he there this afternoon then? You two looked together to me.”

“We had lunch and I was telling him about the guy from the kitchen and I got emotional, that’s all.”

“So you guys aren’t fucking anymore?” Her mouth gaped open and then closed because she was speechless.

“No Justin, we’re no longer fucking.” I don’t know what came over me but I made my way from across the kitchen and stood in front of her and parted her legs so I could stand in between them.

“Getting kinda close to me, don’t you think?”

“Am I making you nervous or something?” Shit, I was making myself nervous.

“No.” Typical Lani, always being too stubborn to admit to stuff; I knew she was nervous, she kept grabbing at her wrist.

“Good. Because I’ve been wanting to do this ever since I met you a few months back.” I let my hand ran up and down her exposed thigh and reached my other hand up to push the fallen strands of hair out of her face.

“Do what? Get me on your counter?” Oh damn, bad sentence. I tried to hide the truth so I laughed at her indirect reference and shook my head.

“In more ways than one.”

“You’re drunk Justin, we can’t do this. I doubt you’ll remember any of this tomorrow.”

“I know what I’m doing. I thought you weren’t uncomfortable Lani?”

“I’m not.” She managed to choke out through her nervousness. This was going to feel great, and I knew it.


Lani

 

“Stop me if I’m crossing the line then.” His previously icy blue eyes I noticed were a darker blue as he stared at me and waited for me to object to what he was about to do next. After waiting a minute to see if I would say I was uncomfortable Justin leaned down and finally met his lips with mine. Before that night I had never really thought about kissing him and I was stupid for not letting him do it earlier; kissing Justin for that first time was seriously amazing and intense. I hate to say this but I hadn’t had sex in a while and that kiss made me want to let him take me right there on his counter (and I’m not one who has sex with guys easily).

I hadn’t realized that after about a minute Justin’s hand was inching its way up my skirt until I felt it rest firmly against my inner thigh so I pushed it away. “That’s crossing the line,” I mumbled against his lips and then continued kissing him.

 

Within seconds he picked me up by the bottom of my thighs and carried me up the stairs carefully and into his bedroom. Justin laid me down on his big ass bed and closed the door, like someone would be coming in, before crawling on top of me and continuing our little make out session. Just as he started to take off my shirt we heard annoying laughter throughout the condo and both froze mid-kiss.

 

“Who the fuck is that?” I whispered harshly.

“Who do you think it is? I don’t know of anyone with a laugh like that other than Trace.”

“I thought you said he was at my place.”

“I thought he was too. I’m sorry.” Why the hell was I so disappointed? I shouldn’t have even let it get that far, but I was enjoying his touch.

 

 

“Justin? Are you up there?” He glanced down at me and gave me an apologetic look then climbed from on top of me.

“Yeah I’m in my room. What’s up?” He climbed out of the bed and opened the door just a little so Trace couldn’t see who was in the room.

“Rae and I were sitting around and realized Lani never came home from work and now Rae is just about shitting her pants because of what happened the other day. Did you see her leave the club?” Great, knowing Rae she called my dad and he sent out a search party looking for me.

“I’m in here.” I got out of Justin’s bed and pulled open the door so Trace could see it was me.

“Oh, wow. Sorry to interrupt, I’ll let Rae know she can call off the dogs. You two enjoy, I’ll be downstairs in my room if you need anything, not that you would.” The little bastard winked at Justin and gave him two thumbs up like I wasn't right there and couldn't see what he did.

 

“I should get going.”

“Don’t be stupid Melania, it’s 5:30 in the morning. You aren’t walking home at this hour alone.” I watched as he walked back over to his bed and got underneath the covers, that were now messed up. “You can sleep in here, I promise I won’t try anything else with you. Get in.” It seemed that as soon as his head hit the pillow he was drifting off to sleep so I didn’t want to ask him to take me home. At that point asking Trace for a ride home was out of the picture; my embarrassment got the best of me and wouldn’t let me resort to him so I stayed.

 

“Night Justin.” I knew he didn’t really hear me. I slipped out of my skirt and went searching through his drawers to look for a pair of basketball shorts and one of his beaters before getting into bed next to him. Even though I tried to scoot as far over as I could somehow his body found its way next to mine and his arms made their way around my body. I will not feed into temptation; I will not let my morals lose in the battle against my hormones.

 

Who the hell was I kidding? I wanted that man so bad at that point that I don't know how I didn't fuck him right then and there in his sleep. What did I get myself into?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story