Lani

 

I know what you’re thinking, I shouldn’t have been so tongue tied and I should have just told him I wanted to be with him. I couldn’t do that though, something about Justin made me want to be with him so bad but at that point I wasn’t ready for a relationship, at least the kind he was looking for.

The rest of the week up in the Hamptons was fantastic. My dad really got to know Justin a lot better and he even took a big liking to Trace, which was really crucial for Trace because my dad is basically like Rae’s second father. Justin even started to prove to me that he could be a good boyfriend through out the whole week; one night we went out to dinner, just the two of us and he went all out to make it really romantic, and another night we went out with Rae and Trace to the movies which I guess you can look at as a double date.

There was one night in particular that I’ll never forget because it really made me view Justin in a different way. Everyone had gone out onto the beach to just relax and eat and I decided to stay in the house because I was feeling a little sick from being out in the sun all day; Trace came into the house to check on me and we got to talking.

 

“Your friend told me that he wanted to be with me the other day when we went shopping.”

“I know, he told me” He laid down on the couch with his head in my lap and smiled. Trace and I had gotten a lot closer over the week and it felt really good to be able to talk to someone other than Rae about Justin.

“I don’t know what to do though T.”

“Then wait until you figure it out. Justin’s not trying to rush you into anything you’re not ready to do, trust me, that’s the last thing he wants. He’s gonna be 27 in January though, and he knows that it’s time for him to stop bullshitting around with girls the way he has the past two years. He really likes you, why do you think he tried so hard from the start to get you to stop being a bitch?” The both of us laughed as I grabbed at his hair, pretending to braid it.

“I figured he wanted to get in my pants and then leave.”

“For one, he couldn’t have left even if he wanted to. I know I’m dating Rae and everything Lani, but seriously you’re one of the most gorgeous girls, inside and out, that I’ve come across in a while. I know for a fact that if I wasn’t falling for your best friend and if Justin wasn’t madly attracted to you I’d try to tap that ass myself.” Now I knew he was joking.

“I like him Trace. I’m just not ready.”

“No one says you have to be ready right now babe.” Before I could respond we heard Gianni calling us from outside so I sucked up all the nausea I was feeling and pushed Trace out of my lap and pulled him outside onto the deck where everyone was just coming in from the beach.

 

Getting back to the city meant getting back to work and living a boring ass life, fun fun fun right? A few days after we got back I was going to meet Justin for lunch to tell him that I wanted to attempt to deepen our relationship, but was met with one of his coworkers as soon as I stepped off the elevator.

 

“Lani right?”

“Yep, that’s me.”

“Justin’s not around.”

“That’s strange, I just called and the secretary told me that he’s still in the office.”

“He just left for lunch actually, if you take the elevator down you may be able to catch him before he leaves.”

“Thanks…” I couldn’t remember his name for the life of me.

“Scott.”

“Right, Scott. I knew that.” When I got off the elevator in the lobby I saw Justin, standing with a tall brunette, looking very comfortable. I went to walk towards them but stopped when I saw him lean down and kiss her. Nice right? I didn’t stay any longer and on my way out I made it a point to be seen by him. I shouldn’t have fallen into his bullshit, I had a feeling that he didn’t really change and I was right. When I walked past the two love birds I turned my head back and saw Justin staring in disbelief. Idiot. He liked me a lot though, yeah right Trace.

 


Justin

 

There are no words to describe how stupid I felt when I saw Lani storm past Nina and I. I had no idea that she was going to show up to my job. I’m sure she thought that something was going on between Nina and me because of the kiss I gave her before she left, but the truth is she wouldn’t leave me alone about kissing her.

 

I don’t know you if you remember, but Nina was basically the girl I called when I needed a release (if you know what I mean). I stopped calling her altogether and she started to question why I didn’t come around, and that turned into showing up at my job and questioning me, needy little bitch. She wouldn’t leave until I kissed her one last time, and I’m guessing Lani saw the kiss. I knew I fucked up my chance with her and I didn’t think anything would be able to gain it back.

 

She didn’t return any of my phone calls, she wouldn’t respond back to my IMs or texts that I sent her; Lani wanted nothing to do with me and I don’t blame her. If the situation were reversed and I saw her kissing all up on Dominic I wouldn’t speak to her either. Things were awkward when we’d all get together for our weekly take out and a movie and I even thought about leaving their apartment the night after it happened so she would feel more comfortable, but I knew Trace and Rae wouldn’t have it.

I’m not surprised that when Friday came around we went to party at the club she worked at, hell she gave us free drinks all night why wouldn’t we go there? After all, the only person she was mad at was me. I definitely had one too many drinks by the time 2 AM rolled around, I should have stopped at 3 when Rae told me to but I was in mourning of my lost relationship with Lani (dramatic I know). I was sitting across the room from the bar when I noticed the boy band wannabe make his way over to her with that annoying ass smile he always had on his face. I felt my face get hot and my blood boil when I saw her lean over the bar and meet his lips with hers. The next thing I knew I was walking over to the bar to confront her about kissing Dominic and there was nothing anyone could say or do to stop me.

 

“Ayo, Melania.” I heard her suck her teeth even over the loud ass music thumping. She ignored me and continued to talk to Dominic. I wasn’t having it, so I kept trying to get her attention, and finally she acknowledged me.

“Justin you’re very drunk, go find Trace or Rae for me so I can tell them to bring you home before you make a fool of yourself.

“I’m only going home if it’s with you. When are you going to let me hit that Lani, stop being such a cock tease.” Alcohol mixed with anger makes me really irrational and turns me into an asshole. I noticed her Backstreet Boy reject tighten his jaw before turning to say something to me but Lani grabbed his arm to stop him. He kissed her again, slowly as if he knew why I was mad in the first place, and then told her he’d see her in a little while before turning around to leave. Typical of a pansy to run away when problems arise. She didn’t need a man that wasn’t going to protect her anyways…

 

“Poor little Lani, all alone now. Don’t worry man, I’m not out to use her to get to her dad like everyone else, you don’t need to be so protective. She won’t be in danger if you leave her. Although, I won’t be mad if you stay because the only time she takes that dildo out of her ass is when you’re around. Tell me Lani, are you such a cold hearted bitch to people because of who you’re dad is or is that just natural for you to be so fucking tight?”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story