Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn't stay away, my creative juices were flowing tonight. Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to let me know what you think! Thanks!

Lani

He was really starting to piss me off with his drunken ass, but I couldn’t make a bigger scene than was already being made because my bosses would have my ass. I was ready to explode when he started to call me a bitch though, I wasn’t the one who did anything and there I was getting the shit end of the stick.

 

“What the hell did you just say?” I couldn’t believe the words that just came out of his mouth. I had to pause and let his words register before I could even speak.

“If I don’t tell you are you going to put a hit out on me? I don’t understand why you’re such a bitch Lani. Where did that come from? We all aren’t like you.” All I could do was stare in shock at Dom as he shook his head and walked away. I was at a loss for words too. How the fuck did he find out about my dad? And who the hell was we?

 

 

Have you ever thought you had done the best job in the world at hiding something? For example, have you ever scratched the hell out of your mom’s hardwood floor and thought you did the best job at covering it from her only to find out she knew all along? That’s how I felt that night as I laid in bed trying to sleep. I had no idea how Justin could have figured out about my dad. I had never been so restless in my life, and there I was losing sleep over a guy that I pretty much hated at that point. He was right though, I had never been so shut off to people the way I had been towards him. I glanced at Dom who was lying on his back with his arm securely around my body and figured maybe he could answer my questions; he’s known me for a long time, he knew how I used to be.

 

 

“Dominic am I a bitch?” I knew he would hear me, like I said before he’s a light sleeper. I felt him stir underneath me before he rolled onto his side and moved me so my back was flush against his chest.

“Melania you need to sleep. Don’t let what that prick said get to you.”

“He had a point sorta. The only time I really open to people is if it’s with family or you, don’t you think that’s a bad thing? And I mean, maybe Daddy wanted to name me Melania for a reason; it does mean black. Maybe he knew I was going to turn out like him; black hearted.”

“I doubt he named you Melania because he wanted you to be a bitch. And with the way your life is it’s not a bad thing to be a bitch to people you don’t know. Fuck him Lani, seriously.” I could tell all he wanted to do was sleep so I shut up, but not before letting out one last thought.

“How do you think he found out about Daddy?”

“Honestly I don’t know. Maybe Rae let is slip by accident, she was pretty drunk when she came in tonight.”

“No, I asked her right after you left if she said anything. And she knows better, her dad would kick her ass if she ever let anyone know about our families. “

“Then I don’t know Lani. Come on baby can we please sleep?” He kissed the back of my neck and wrapped his arms tightly around me as I turned around to face him. It felt like I was just dozing off when I heard a cell phone vibrating loudly on the nightstand on Dominic’s side of my bed. He groaned loudly (no one told him to drink as much as he did out with his friends) and reluctantly let go of me and turned around and picked up whatever phone was ringing.

 

“I can’t catch a fucking break when I stay here, someone better be dying. Calling me at 5:30 like they have no fucking sense.” He whispered as he pressed the send button on the phone.

 

“Yeah?” I heard a male’s voice on the other line of the phone before he handed me his phone, “You’re phone is off so your goonies called me next, good job asshole.” Once I had a hold of his EnV Dom turned his back to me and fell right back asleep.

 

“Ciao?” I knew it had to be someone in my family, no one else I hang out with really knows Dom that well.

“Melania there’s been an accident.” That’s all I had to hear to fully wake myself up. I satup straight in bed at the sound of one of my dad’s men. I had no idea that my dad was handling business that night, was he? He wouldn’t handle business without telling me that he was going first. Would he?


Justin

It was like 6 in the morning and I had just barely gotten to bed when mine and Trace’s house line started to blare its annoying ass ring throughout our condo. It just so happened that Trace and Rae were knocked out in his room so I was stuck getting up to get the phone.

 

“Seriously this better be fucking good.” I’m not the type of person who likes to be woken up by annoyances, especially when I have a lot on my mind.

“Uh Justin?” Was this guy serious?

“What the fuck do you want Connor?” I knew that voice anywhere; it was my dad’s brother who I definitely wasn’t too keen on. I still hadn’t forgiven him for the shit he pulled on Lani.

“I think you may want to get Lisa and the boys and come to Jersey City.”

“For what? Don’t bullshit me man, if this has anything to do with Dad and whatever mess he’s gotten into I’m not getting my ass outta bed at 6 to go down there..” I guess Trace was awake because I saw the hallway light turn on outside my door and heard footsteps go downstairs.

“Shut the hell up for two seconds kid. Damn you are your father’s kid. Randy’s been shot.”

“He’s been what?” Was I hearing right? Had my father really been shot?

“You know all that bullshit that’s been going on with some of his men and whatnot?”

Yes…

“Shit went down between him and a few other guys in the business because of it. Shots got fired and your father and one of the other men got hit by a few rounds.”

“Is it bad?”

“Your father isn’t in bad condition but the other guy is pretty fucked up. You might want to get down here though, he’s been asking for you guys.” I was already out of bed and packing a bag before he even said that.

“I’ll call Lisa and get down there as soon as I can man.” I hung up before saying anything else and was already calling Lisa while I was making my way out of the door of the condo.

 

The ride down to the hospital in Jersey my dad was at was dead silent, none of us really knew what to say to each other, was there really anything to say? The only sounds that were heard throughout my BMW were the sounds of Lisa’s sobs.

 

“I’m looking for Randy Timberlake.”

“I’m sorry we’re only letting family back there.”

“I’m his son, Justin Harless.” The old ass nurse looked at me strangely and then pointed to a room close by.

 

I’m not a fan of hospitals and I don’t know of anyone who is. Seeing my dad laid up in a hospital bed with cords and monitors hooked up to him wasn’t a pretty sight, even if he was in stable condition. I always knew that my dad had a dangerous life, but it wasn’t until that moment that I realized just how dangerous it was.

 

“Hey guys.” My dad glanced over at the four of us and forced a half ass smile. Immediately Stephen walked over to him and sat on the bed, Daddy’s boy.

“Randy are you fucking stupid coming here? Do you know how much those guys hate you right now? You could have died.” Lisa started to panic and yell like she always does. I don’t know how my dad lives with her, I’d have to smack her around if she were my wife.

“I know now…” They started to talk about how long he had to be in for and Jon asked where he got shot (thinking it was the coolest thing) when I heard sobbing coming from the hallway. Ignoring my family I made my way back down the hall to go grab something from the vending machine when I saw them.

 

“You have got to be fucking kidding me.” She managed to get out through her uncontrollable tears.

“Everything okay here?” I had my answer as to who my dad got into it with.

“What are you doing here?” I was beginning to think that she and Dominic really were an item, great there goes my chance.

“Do I really need to answer that question brainiac?” Before anyone could respond to what I said a few of her father’s men stepped off the elevator, followed by Gianni.

 

“I think you should leave them be man. You know I can’t stand your ass, but I really think it’s not safe for you to be here.” Dominic walked me to the elevator and followed me down to the cafeteria.

“Why are you following me?”

“You knew about who Melania’s father is. How?”

“I saw the pictures in her room.” Again he tensed up. Somebody needed to get this guy a massage; every time we came in contact with each other he was tensing up.

“It’s cool, I wasn’t in her room doing anything you wouldn’t approve of.” Lately at least.

“You don’t have to lie to me, I know what’s been going on. Lani tells me everything, have you forgotten that? Anyways, do you know what this means now though?”

“No, sorry I’m new to this mob bullshit.” Even though sarcasm dripped from my voice I was being serious. We sat down at a table in the café and sipped on our coffee.

“Your life is about to get real complicated Justin. Whatever you were trying to do with Lani has to stop; if anyone in either family find out you guys are associated they way you are there will be hell to pay. If you care about her like I think you do, you’ll listen and lay low.”

“My family is well aware of what’s been going on with her.”

“Yeah they’re aware and they haven’t backed off have they? That whole incident at her apartment I’m assuming was from your dad?” All I could do was nod. How the hell did this asshole know so much?

“What if I don’t?” I, Justin Timberlake-Harless, am not a quitter. No siree.

“You see those two men that got off the elevator with Gianni,” I nodded, of course I knew Tony and Sal, and he continued, “they don’t play. It took me four years to get them to like me and I have no ties in the mob. Your father just attempted to kill not only the don of their business but their brother, trust me pretty boy they will never like you.” Was I supposed to be scared?

“How the fuck do you know my dad tried to kill her father, what if it was the other way around?”

“You weren’t kidding when you said you’re new. Damn. Look, I’ll break it down to you. It doesn’t matter who shot who first, point blank is two people were shot because of something your father’s men did; there’s about to be an all out war. I don’t know about your father, but Giovanni has men in places you wouldn’t imagine; they aren’t just going to let this slide just because it was your dad’s first misdemeanor.”

“You talk like you know Dominic.”

“Do you see this?” He cocked his head to the side to reveal a large tattoo on his neck that I’ve never noticed before.

“What’s that have to do with this situation?”

“Fedeltà, and it means loyalty. The Violanos live by this among other things, as well as most families in the industry. Keep that in mind when you make your decision about staying away.”

“I don’t understand why you have that tattooed if you have no ties.” He was almost out of the door by the time I responded to everything he was saying, somewhat.

“I’m part of the family brother, whether Lani and I are together or not. Dominic Giordano isn’t going anywhere, so get used to it if you’re sticking around.” What the fuck did Lani see in that guy?

 

I knew that night was going to make everything so much harder to get through to Lani, my life is amazing, seriously. I don’t understand what I ever did to deserve the bumps in the road that have been thrown at me.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story