"I kind of don't want to go anywhere now," says JC. He is sprawled along the length of the couch, his legs, clad in a pair of the fleece lounge pants that I'd bought him for Christmas, crossed at the ankles.  His head is in my lap and I am trapped by the heft of his body. I don't really mind.  "I'm tired. Could use a nap."


"Well, it was someone's idea to get up at ass-thirty this morning and take a trip to the other side of the lake." My tone is nonchalant but my eyes glisten and dance as I lift my hand-- again-- and stare at the ring on my finger. The sheer weight of it, its brilliance and shine and gorgeous detail impress me over and over again.


JC angles his head up, as if he sensed I was staring at the ring again. His smile confirms that his suspicious is correct. "At least you got something out of it."


"You're gonna get something, too," I mumble, wiggling my finger so the diamond glints in the light of the fire and the tree. "Just, in order to get it, you have to get through the day and be a good boy."


He groans.  "I'm not good at being a good boy."


"I know. That's why the reward will be worth it."


JC grins and wiggles in my lap. "I like rewards." He yawns again, giving a sidelong glance to the tree and the wads of wrapping paper piled up around it. "It was a good Christmas, honey."


I stretch my legs as best I can and prop my feet up on the coffee table, taking in my own view of the living room-- the tree, the now empty stockings and unwrapped boxes stacked around it.  JC has always liked to show off his buying power and impeccable taste, so gifts are his specialty. This Christmas was no exception; my stocking was stuffed with trinkets like my favorite brands of lip gloss, a bottle of perfume and a few pairs of earrings-- sterling silver and glossy, shiny gold. Under the tree were lots of little boxes for me-- a new ipod and an expensive pair of Bose noise canceling earbuds, a pair of running shoes, a Marc Jacobs watch with matching bangle and the piece I cherished the most: a gleaming, dark wood desk set for my new office, complete with an engraved brass plate. Evangeline N. Blake, Attorney At Law.


 I didn't have room on my desk at F&R for much more than my files, let alone a name plate. At Chasez Law Group I have an entire office, with room for guests to sit. I'm giddy all over again at the prospect of a new start.


I didn't know what to get JC. I hadn't had to think about what to get him for a gift giving holiday in a very long time. I about drove Tyler crazy trying to pump him for ideas but I finally settled on a few creature comforts like soft, fleece lined pants to lounge around the house in, new t-shirts, a bottle of his favorite cologne and aftershave, a selection of designer ties and a few sets of cufflinks with matching tie clips.


I never imagined that he would outdo me but I'm so glad he did.


I tap JC on the chest a few times. His eyes flutter open, even though he'd only closed them for a few seconds. "We'd better get moving. We have to be at your parent's place in an hour."


He grumbles but begins to sit up, freeing me from my spot on the couch. I stand and stretch and kick a ball of festive wrapping paper out of the way. "You can clean this mess up later."


"Me? I've already worked so hard today." JC begins to climb the stairs with me right on his heels.


"Oh, geez. I can already tell you're going to try to get out of stuff because you gave me a ring."


"Of course I am. Gonna drag that out as long as possible."


*


"They're here!" I hear Karen yelp from inside the house, seconds before the front door flies open and she bounds down the steps. "Merry Christmas!" she exclaims, wrapping first me and then JC in warm hugs.


"Hi, mom," says JC, bending so she can hug him and plant a kiss on his cheek. He returns the kiss and straightens.  "You act like we weren't just here twelve hours ago."


She smiles, clearly giddy. "You weren't engaged twelve hours ago. Let's see that ring!"


I lift my hand and smirk at JC, who rolls his eyes and walks around her into the house, toting gift bags containing presents for his family.


"It's beautiful," she gushes, staring. "Just perfect. He wouldn't say anything to me about it because he didn't want me to tip off Donna. You know she wouldn't have been able to resist saying something."


I nod. Mom is not the best secret keeper, especially when the news is good. She gets too excited and things she isn't supposed to say just fall out of her mouth. I stopped telling her things a long time ago, preferring to surprise her along with everyone else.


Karen and I admire the ring for a few minutes before heading into the house.  "Whose car is that?" I ask, nodding at the black BMW in the driveway.


"Oh," says Karen, her face brightening even more if possible. "You're about to meet your new boss, my brother in law, Peter Chasez."


No pressure. I wonder if JC knew about this and just didn't tell me. I feel my chest tighten and I find it a little hard to breathe as Karen practically pulls me into the house behind her. That is, until I round the corner and get a good look at the man who would run my professional world for the foreseeable future.


Uncle Pete looks nothing like I imagined he would.


I thought a high powered Wall Street attorney would be tall and svelte, smarmy like a used car salesman and swaddled head to toe in everything designer from hair gel to shoe polish. Dark hair, light eyes, language full of 25-cent words. Pretentious and obnoxious.  Sort of how JC used to be. I assumed he modeled himself after his wildly successful uncle.


On the contrary, Pete is more like Tyler than JC. Average height, a little on the overweight side with thinning wisps of blonde hair, warm brown eyes and a charming smile. His shiny black BMW M5  sits in the driveway and I heard he was buying a sprawling multimillion dollar home a mile or so away from Nick and Morgan in the swanky Vizcaya neighborhood. He obviously does well, but to look at him you'd never know it. He is as friendly as if he owned a chain of pet stores, welcoming me with a bear hug and pats on the back.


"I hear great things about you, Angie. Is it Angie or Evangeline?" He stands back and crosses his arms over his chest. He's dressed casually in slacks and a polo shirt, open at the collar. The high end watch he wears seems like an afterthought.


"It's Angie unless I'm in court. And thank you. I've heard a lot about you as well."


"All good, I'm sure. My nephews wouldn't dare say anything bad about their favorite uncle. And new boss."


"Course not, Uncle Pete." JC laughs, arriving at my side and pulling me to him. "We're both looking forward to starting the New Year off right. New job, new office, helping people. And having fun doing it. Right, baby?"


I nod, firmly. "I can't thank you enough for taking me-us... on."


He waves me off, chuckling. "Don't thank me. Bring good cases and win them. That should be easy for you. Josh speaks highly of you. Frankly, Tyler is the one who needs to be worried." With merriment in his eyes, he turns to point at his nephew.


Tyler's brow furrows and he scowls. "Why am I the one always getting picked on?"


"Comes with being the baby of the family. Are we eating, or what?" JC heads to the kitchen, where seconds later I hear Karen fussing about him lifting lids and looking in the oven.


Brunch is delicious, loud and fun. Pete loves to tell stories and Marlena, who must be used to hearing them, looks on lovingly, laughing along with the rest of us. I expected a bimbo, a pretty young thing that hooked her claws into a successful attorney, but I'm as pleasantly surprised by her as I am by Pete. She is a blonde with big hair, big boobs and shiny red nails but that's where the dumb young chick act stops. She's a law professor and ran a small women's centered clinic in New York. She'll have an office at Chasez Law Group, offering her expertise on case law as needed.


Every day I am more excited about leaving Flanning and Rourke behind and stepping into a new life with JC by my side. As my husband. And my partner. His office will be down the hall from mine. I suppress a sigh at this sudden realization. Oh boy.


Full from brunch, we gather in the cozy living room. I'm snuggled up to JC on the couch watching A Christmas Story, a holiday tradition since we were kids. In a corner of the room is a giant spruce whose branches are weighted down with too many strands of lights and what must be every ornament the Chasez family owns, from the chintzy homemade ones to the ornate gold and silver heirlooms. Karen really gets into decorating-there's garland and tinsel and snowmen and Santa in every available space. JC says it looks like Christmas threw up in the house.


"Well, so..." Tyler sits up, then stands. Roy mutes the TV and everyone perks to attention. "I have one more gift. For Jade. Baby?"


Jade blinks, then stands to join him in front of the tree. She's blushing and wringing her hands. Tyler is smiling so hard that his dimples are deep indents in his cheek. He's also blushing, his face tomato red and beads of sweat dotting his bald head.


"This is crazy, I know. Everyone's been telling me this is crazy, but when you know, you know. I met you and I knew right away we'd be together the rest of our lives. And maybe I'm out of my mind to be doing this, but I want the rest of our lives to start right now. So..."


For the second time that day, a Chasez man sinks to one knee; flips open a velvet box and presents a gorgeous ring to a woman so in love with him she can't see straight.


"Oh my...God..." Jade is barely audible and visibly shaking.


"I'm so... in love with you and...I just..." Tyler swallows and coughs. He looks like he's having trouble getting a breath.


"Just relax, buddy." JC mutters. "She can't say yes if you pass out before you pop the question."


Tyler glares at JC, but his chest expands with the deep breath he takes. "Okay. I uhm... I love you and I'm asking you to marry me."


Tears streaking each cheek, one hand over her mouth, Jade doesn't move or say a word. Then, slowly, she starts to nod. A sob escapes from behind her hand. She's shaking like a leaf and sobbing but nodding so hard I'm sure her head is going to pop off.


"I think that's called a yes, bro." 


I shush JC, waiting for the emotional moment to pass. Jade deserves a chance to say the word. Finally, she begins to breathe normally. Karen passes her a Kleenex, which she uses to wipe her face while she composes herself.


"I knew it was coming," she warbles. "The words just made me so happy. So yes!"


With cheers and claps in the background, Tyler grunts as he pushes himself up off of the floor. Jade grabs the box holding the ring and plucks it out of its cushioned slot. She gives it to Tyler and holds out her hand. He slips the ring on and grins as she wiggles and waves her fingers. I know the feeling. I know it very well.


I push myself up from the couch and offer Jade a hug. "Next year is going to be crazy with two weddings in this family. I'm really happy for you guys."


"Thank you," she says, her cheeks turning pink. "I'm so glad things worked out the way they did. I can't imagine..." Her eyes drift over to JC, who is congratulating Tyler with loud slaps on the back and serious ribbing about almost choking.


"Yeah, well. You wouldn't have lasted long with him. He's kind of an asshole." Jade laughs as if I've just told the most hilarious joke. I chuckle along but I couldn't be more serious.


"I guess we should share the other surprise with the newlyweds... well the newest set anyway." Pete is standing next to Tyler and Jade with an envelope in his hands. He hands it to Tyler, who looks confused but rips it open anyway.  


Jade leans in. They both stare at the enclosed document, mouths open. "This is the deed to your condo downtown." Tyler glances at Pete. Pete slips both hands into his pockets and shrugs. "This says you put it in my name. You're giving it to me?"


"It's not brand new or anything, but it's all updated, thanks to your brother."  Pete turns to grin at JC, who happens to be shoving a chip loaded with dip into his mouth. He waves off the smiles and chews, brushing chip dust from his hands. "He took care of all  the details. You guys have new flooring, new appliances, new paint-the whole nine yards. I knew I was going to give the lake house to Josh, so I decided it was only fair. Plus it gives me a break on my taxes."


Tyler and Jade are dumbfounded, huddled together and reading the short document over and over until it finally sinks in. "Whoa," he says, looking again like he's having trouble catching a breath. "This is... thanks, Uncle Pete. We've been saving for a place, so we really appreciate it." He folds the document and slides it back into the envelope. He still looks dazed. Happy, but dazed.


JC produces a key ring and presses a set of keys into Tyler's palm. The younger pulls the older into a hug. The exchange between brothers is brief but meaningful and heartwarming.


"Congrats on everything," says JC, his voice gruff, betraying his emotion about the moment. "You're crazy... but if you're happy, I'm happy. Just don't get comfortable; you're definitely going to work for it."


"I figured that," Tyler says, laughing, twisting the key ring around his index finger. He still looks so incredulous.  "Thanks man,  for setting us up, all the way around. New job, new place to live. You didn't happen to buy me a new car, did you?"


"Think I'll leave that up to you. You gotta do something for yourself, kid."


*


After a few hours of lying around the Chasez house, I head down the street to help my mom finish dinner. Everyone is due at six o'clock and she'd sounded frazzled when I'd checked in earlier that day. 


My mom is too flustered-and covered in mashed potatoes to notice my new hardware but my dad's eyes are keen as anything. "So he finally took the leap, huh? Good boy."


I grin at dad, sitting comfortably in his wheelchair in a sweatshirt and flannel pants. He's wearing his Christmas socks- red and fuzzy with green trees printed on them, and his slippers.


"Can't get anything past David Blake."


"What? What's going on?" Mom calls from the kitchen. I lean down to hug my dad and drop a kiss on his cheek. He rolls himself to the living room. I take my coat off and roll up the sleeves of my sweater, ready to dig in and help.


"What's your dad talking about?" she asks, vigorously whisking a pot of gravy on the stove. My mouth is already watering at the aroma from the simmering pot. Mom does a prime rib with all of the trimmings for Christmas. We always have the Chasez family over and, in years past, JC would jockey to sit next to me so he could harass me the entire time.


"Oh nothing," I answer, giving her a nonchalant wave. "Just some jewelry JC gave me for Christmas."


"Oh, really? What did he-" She lifts her head in time to catch a glint of sparkle from the ring. "EVANGELINE NICOLE!" Her eyes are wide open, as is her mouth. She grabs my hand and pulls it to her to study the ring up close, so distracted that she drops the whisk she's been using to stir the gravy.


I pick up the whisk and keep stirring with my right. She has a death grip on my left hand. "Mom, can't let your gravy stick."


"Fuck the gravy. David! Come see this ring! It must be two carats!"


I hear the wheels of his chair roll gracefully along the hardwoods before I see dad. He stops in the entryway to the kitchen. He's smiling, seeming proud.  "He was real nervous about it. I told him to just do it; it's not like you were going to say no."


I'm pretty sure I'm beaming.  Mom swipes a tear from each cheek before taking her whisk back and turning down the burner under the pot. "So, tell me how he proposed! What did he say? Where did he do it? Get used to telling this story, by the way. Everyone will want to hear about it."


I launch into the proposal story and help mom finish dinner. Just as I am getting ready to set the table, the front door bursts open. JC is loud and festive as he greets my dad and then my mom. She calls him her ‘son in law for real', then hugs and kisses him on both cheeks. He's grinning like a fool. Tyler is on his heels, pulling Jade along behind him.


"Oh, mom! Ty has news too!" With a smirk, I wave them over. Tyler is beet red but proudly shows off Jade's ring.


"What in the world?" Her gaze bounces from JC to Tyler and back. "Two engagements? On the same day? Are you boys trying to kill your mother? Karen must be beside herself!"


"She's a tough cookie," says JC. He moves to my side and drapes an arm across my shoulders. "Dad's just happy because the bride's family pays for the wedding. Both of them."


I hear dad playfully groaning from the living room.  Mom rolls her eyes before returning to the kitchen. "Well, this calls for a toast. I'm going to get some sparkling wine to put in the chiller and we'll toast the two happy couples at dinner."


I hand JC a stack of plates and grab the good silverware from mom's china hutch. "Get to work, future husband.  We're setting the table."


JC grumbles something about rewards but begins to move around the table, setting a plate at each seat. I follow him with silverware. Mom hands Jade a stack of cloth napkins and she places one at each setting. Tyler is on glass duty and ordered not to break any of them, under penalty of death. Gingerly, he places a water glass and a wine glass at each place.


Mom stands back to inspect the elegant dinner table, nodding appreciatively.  "I'll be ready to put the food out in just a minute. Boys," Mom says, commanding attention from JC and Tyler. "Call your parents. Tell them to come on down."


This is the first year in a long time that I have truly enjoyed Christmas. Dad loves his presents-a thick, warm blanket, some arm pads for his wheelchair and a boxed set collection of Pink Floyd, his favorite band. Mom loves anything to do with cooking, so a heavy Dutch oven from Le Crueset and a gift card to spend to her heart's content at William Sonoma made her eyes sparkle. The diamond solitaire necklace from her future son in law didn't hurt.


I don't mind sitting next to JC at dinner this year. More than once, his hand creeps over my lap and his fingers intertwine with mine. He'd give me a quick squeeze before letting go, then a wink and a smile before jumping back into conversation.


"So, Angie..." Karen begins, half a roll in one hand, a buttered knife in the other. Already with the wedding questions, I think. "Have you thought about what kind of ceremony you want? Maybe you'll go away like Morgan?"


"Or maybe we'll elope like Jackie," JC says, to a rousing chorus of no's.


"Don't even think about it," says mom. "I've been putting up with the two of you dancing around each other long enough to reap the reward of watching you walk down the aisle. I don't care where you get married, just so long as dad and I are there."


"Hear, hear!" says Karen, lifting her nearly empty wine glass.


"And maybe I'll walk her down the aisle," says dad. My eyes shoot over to him, then mom. She frowns and excuses herself to the kitchen.


"What do you mean, dad? How would you walk me?"


"I'm calling my doc next week. I'm going to tell him I want to get in on one of these medical trials. There's a lotta good drugs in the pipe for Parkinson's. Maybe try that shock therapy they told me about."


"But... mom said-"


He flops a hand at me and shakes his head. "She doesn't want me to. She's scared something will happen. I'm in a wheelchair, I can barely walk, some days I can't talk. How much worse can it get?"


"It could get a lot worse." Mom is lingering in the entryway between the kitchen and the dining room. "Something could happen and you could die. All because you want to walk for thirty seconds."


"Donna, honey... don't be so dramatic. And besides, I'm the one living this life. I think I get to decide if I want to try something different."


"And the rest of us just have to deal with it?"


"That's right," says dad. "The rest of you just deal with it."


This ripple in the holiday atmosphere is awkward. Roy and Karen stare into their wine glasses. My parents glare at each other from opposite ends of the table. I feel guilty. All this talk of walking is my fault, my idea. JC must sense it; under the table, he grabs my hand and brings it to his lap.  


"Dad, I don't want you to do this-these experimental things-if mom doesn't want it. She's right. Something could happen. And she's the one that has to take care of you if it does. I'll still be married if you don't walk me down the aisle-"


"Dammit, I said I want to walk you down the aisle and I'm going to walk you! Now you two set a date so I know how much time I have to work with." He moves his wheelchair out of lock position and backs up, rolling himself away from the table and down the hall.


"I'm so sorry," Mom whispers as she takes her seat again. "We've been arguing about it lately and he just won't listen."


"I've never known David to back down from a fight," says Roy. "You know it, too. He sets his mind to something, and that's it. He's going to do it."


"I just..."


"Oh honey, I know it must be tough on you." Karen stands and walks over to mom, wrapping an around her shoulder as fresh tears fall. "You're worried and he knows it, but David wouldn't do anything to seriously harm himself or put a burden on you. You have to believe that."


"Yeah, mom. It'll be okay. Trust him. He knows his limit."


Mom nods, brushing tears from her cheeks. "Well, this is a somber Christmas, isn't it? Everything will be fine." She pastes a wan smile onto her lips and taps the table, then gets up and heads back into the kitchen. Donna Blake solves every problem with food.


"Let's put on some music! Who's ready for dessert? JC, I know you want some of these cookies I made. I even packed up some for you to take home."


 


 


A few hours later, loaded down with what must be five pounds of prime rib, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole and mom's famous chocolate chunk cookies, JC and I are finally home.


 Alone, in pajamas in front of the fire, basking in the glow of the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree. Snuggled up next to JC, I sip from a thick mug of spiked hot cocoa and munch on the chocolate covered popcorn and nut mix that mom sent home with us-along with other sugar laden goodies that won't make it past the next couple of days.


"Thanks for cleaning up the mess, sweetheart."


JC shrugs, lifting a mug to his lips. "It was just some paper. Besides, I heard I get a reward for being good."


I giggle and sip more cocoa. I'm so warm. And happy. "It was... an interesting day."


"Hm. That it was," he agrees, slurping another sip. "What do you think about that stuff with your dad?"


I shake my head and sigh. My heart is nearly broken over it. "I don't want my parents fighting because of me. Because of what I want. I've never been one to pit my parents against each other. I should have never mentioned walking me down the aisle. Now he's going to kill himself trying to do it."


"You need to take your own advice, Angie. What you told your mom? Trust him? You should do that too. He knows what he's doing. And truthfully, he's been talking about it for awhile. He made me promise not to say anything."


I sit up and twist around to face JC. "He has? What did he say?"


JC pulls me back toward to him. I settle back into my spot. "Way before you were thinking about walking down any aisle, he was talking about it. He's sick of the chair. He's sick of looking and feeling like an invalid. Not being able to work. The guys at the dealership looking at him like he's a charity case. He's not, you know."


"Yeah, I know-"


"So you and Donna have to stop treating him like he doesn't get an opinion. He gets the only opinion."


"And the rest of us get to deal," I mutter.


"Like the man said..." JC leans forward, setting his nearly empty mug on the coffee table. "I think that's enough talk about your parents. I want to talk about you."


"Me?"


"Yeah, you. And me and all that money I spent on that ring." I giggle. And stare at it again.  "And us and getting married..."


"And you spending your life getting on my nerves."


"All day long."


I pause, thinking about that sentence, letting it wash over me, once again, that JC is going to be my husband and my coworker. We will literally be together all day. I smile and stretch so my lips meet his.


"I'm nervous about practicing law with you. More than that, I'm happy that I'm about to be your wife."


"Hmmm."JC hums as he shifts on the couch. He takes my cup from me and sets it on the coffee table before dipping his head toward me. He presses his lips gently against mine in a kiss much too brief. "Just happy?"


"What other emotion would you have me feel?"


"I mean, something more exciting. Ecstatic, maybe."


"Ecstatic? To be marrying you?"


He shrugs, grinning."Yeah. Do you know how many women you beat out?"


I pretend to ponder this question. "Uhmmm... enlighten me."


"Remember when you asked me if I had slept with every woman in Orlando? Well..."


Playful, I smack his bicep and laugh. "Tease. Trying to make me jealous again?"


"Is it working?"


I shake my head, reaching for him so I can snake an arm around his neck and bring his face to mine. I pull, gently, until I am laying against the cushions and he sinks his weight onto me. Through the thin cotton of his pants-and mine, I feel him. Warm. Rigid. Already throbbing. He's not the only one.


"Jealous isn't the word that comes to mind, right now."


"Oh?" He mutters against my lips, then drops feather light kisses down my neck, brushes over my lips and travels back down the other side. "What uh...what's the word that comes to mind?"


"I think you have an idea."


He nods, chuckling softly. His torso begins to move in a slow, grinding circle. It's enough to make my eyes roll back into my head. "Maybe I want to hear the word, Evangeline."


"Horny. That's the word."


"Mmmmm...horny. That's what you feel?" His hips pick up a rhythm, a more forceful thrust. I lock my limbs around him and grind against him.


"Yes." I pant with each movement. "Very."


"Very? Hmmm. Sounds like you might want me to do something about that."


"Yes." I'm close to whimpering-and he knows I'm not above begging. JC rests his forehead on mine, the better to stare at me with those ice cold blue eyes.


"Tell me what you want. Say it."


"I want to end this day the way I wanted to start it."


He chuckles, a sound and sensation that sends an electrified pulse through me. "And how is that?"


"I think you know."


He laughs again, tipping his head back a little. "Humor me, honey.  I like to hear the words. How did you want to start today?"


"Naked. In bed with you."


"That's it? You want us to go upstairs, get naked and get in the bed."


"No..." I stroke his chest, dragging my fingernails through the soft hair.


"So what else, then? Naked, in bed and..." His voice trails and the question lingers in the air.


"Naked. In bed..." I flick my eyes up to meet his and let the rest come. "And you, balls deep inside me."


The smile that spreads across his face stirs any lustful thoughts that might have been languishing in the corners of my mind. Suddenly, I want him. Right now.


I tip my head up so that our lips meet, trapping his tongue in a frantic kiss. My hands claw at him, at his clothes, pulling his t- shirt up, his pants down. While JC kicks his pile of discarded clothing off of the edge of the couch, I pull my t-shirt over my head and shimmy out of my pants.


"Wait, wait, wait..." says JC. Much to my disappointment, he's sitting up. "You said naked in the bed."


"We can do it there, too." I grab him by the shoulders and pull him back down to me. Without arguing, he settles his body onto mine and resumes driving me out of my mind, lightly nipping at my skin with his teeth.


He moves down my body, taking first one nipple, then the other into his mouth, whipping them both into stiff, pointed frenzy. Moving further down, he licks a trail from between my breasts, down my stomach to my warm, pulsing core.


"Holy fuck," I sigh as I feel the rough texture of his tongue rasp over my clit. My hips buck; I reach for his head and press him into me. He closes his mouth around me and rolls his eyes up to mine so he can watch me fall over the brink. It doesn't take long. He licks and sucks me to hip jerking, thigh shaking, sore-throat-from-screaming orgasm.


As if it were nothing at all, he kisses his way back up my trembling body. With all of my strength I wrap my limbs around him as I feel him push into me with a muffled grunt.


"Fuck, Angie..."


I giggle because I tell him that's the first thing he says when we have sex. He says he can't help it; I feel so good to him. Though I'm sure he heard me, he ignores me. Instead he reaches between us and grabs my outside leg, pressing it so that my legs open wider.


His thrusts set a rhythm quickly, his strokes deep. "Is this what you want?"


I can only smile and grunt in approval, clinging to him as his hips buck into mine, our skin slapping together in a most erotic chorus. He glistens with sweat; drops fall from his forehead and his back is slippery. His breath is hot as struggles to keep time with his thrusts.


With no warning, he stops and pulls back, then sits up, pulling me up with him.


I feel like I've been knocked out of orbit. All of his warmth, his heaviness, even his sweat is gone. "Wha... what happened? What's wrong?"


"Upstairs." His voice is gritty, his chest heaving.


I obey without another word, heading for the staircase. As soon as I make it across the threshold of our bedroom, I feel JC behind me, pulling me back toward him. He walks me over to the edge of the bed and gently tips me forward. "Up," he orders. I climb up onto the bed on my hands and knees and turn my head to look back at him.


At least it seems like I'm looking at back at him, but as he grips my hips and slips inside me, I'm watching us in the mirror over the bureau behind him. It's an erotic view-- JC with his feet apart, every muscle standing out, glowing with sweat, my thighs on the outside of his, feet hanging over the edge of the bed. The sight of his hips working as he plunges into me, the sound of his grunts and moans, the feel of his hands pulling me tightly up against him. I could watch us fuck all night.


But I can't, because I'm about to come. I want to wait for JC though and that means I need to help him along.


"You close?" I egg him on, pushing back against him, clenching him inside me. He grunts. His eyes are closed and his face bears evidence of extreme concentration. "I want you to come with me, baby."


"Not... yet. Wait." He speeds up his rhythm, increases the pressure. His grip on my hips tightens and very soon, his skin takes on a pinkish blush. "Close," he mumbles. His eyes open slightly and his gaze locks onto mine. I recognize a flash in his eyes and I know before he does it that he's going to pull out, push me forward onto the bed and flip me over.


When he sinks into me again, I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on. "Fuck, baby. I need you to come."


"Working on it," he says, smirking. "Was I a good boy today?"


I grin and buck my hips into his. "You were the very best boy today. I love you so much. I'm so happy with you."


He smiles back, a wide and happy grin. "That's all I needed to hear. Come for me."


"Are you--"


"Angie. Don't kill the vibe. Do it."


My legs lock around his torso, tying us together and making it so that he can't thrust as deeply. This makes him grind on my clit. It doesn't take more than a few seconds before my hips are convulsing and my body spasms.  


"Fuuuuccckk......." I groan, my head tossed back, not caring if every owner on the lake heard me. 


"Mmmmmm....." I feel him pulse and then his entire body stiffens as his breath catches in his throat. "Angie..... fuck. Oh my God..." His hips jerk against mine as he moans, his movements growing slower until he grinds to a stop and nearly collapses on top of me.


This was always my favorite part of sex with him. When he's exhausted and I wrap him in my arms and legs and we just lay together and catch our breath and revel in the moment. It's been nice to have these moments with him again.


I tip my head to brush my lips against his sweaty temple. I feel the cool air of the room on our bodies as we come down from our high.


"Baby..." JC grunts in response, not even bothering to open his eyes. "You realize that marriage is like... forever, right?  Richer or poorer, in sickness and in health and all that jazz?"


"We're leaving obey in our vows," he mumbles.


"We'll talk about that. But I'm just saying... maybe you shouldn't tire yourself out, sex-wise. We have a lot of years together. Don't want to wear yourself out."


JC yawns, long and loud, before lifting himself up and tossing his body over onto the bed next to me. "I know it totally doesn't seem like it right now, because I gave you everything I've got..." He rolls his head toward me and makes sure I'm paying attention. The glint in his eye amuses me.


"I've got so much more where that came from. I just hope you can keep up."


It takes everything in me to not laugh. I almost make it. "I'd like to see you try to wear me out."


"Game on, baby," he says, before another yawn overtakes him. "Right after I get some sleep."


We should get up and shower, as is our habit before bedtime, but neither of us make a move. Instead we lay next to each other and watch the ceiling fan make revolutions above us.


"So, Tyler was surprised with the condo."


"Yeah."


"Did you try to talk him out of proposing to Jade?"


"Nope." He shakes his head, pursing his lips. "That kid had his mind made up a long time ago. I could no more talk him out of proposing than anyone could talk me out of proposing to you. He says she's right for him." He shrugs. "It's like with your dad; we all just decided to treat Tyler like he knows what he's doing and trust that he does. And if it's a mistake, it's his to make and we'll be there to help if he needs it."


I nod slowly. Understanding. Seeing the whole picture. "Well in that case I hope they have a long and happy marriage."


"He better. He's gotta compete with me and not for nothin' but..." He finally finds the strength to sit up, his bones creaking in protest. "My marriage is gonna be longer and happier."


"You think so?"


He's already scooting to the edge of the bed, but he looks back at me over his shoulder. "You know it, baby. Come on. Let's hit the showers."


I sit up, feeling a little energized. "Round two?"


He stalks toward the bathroom and flips the light switch, bathing the tiled room in light. "That would be round three, and despite all my big talk, I'm mostly dead right now." His eyes twinkle and the edges of his lips twitch as if they want to turn up into a smile.


"Oh. Well, how about we wake up tomorrow like I wanted to wake up today?"


"You know what, Evangeline?" JC starts the shower and pulls the curtain back. The room is starting to fill with warmth and steam. He pulls me to him, tucking me tightly up against him. Curiously, I feel him stir between us.


"That ring I gave you? It means we can wake up that way every single morning, for the rest of our lives, if you want to." 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers oral girlontop love firsttime hotel boyfriendjc jc teenagelove time alternateuniverse lawyerjc