Author's Chapter Notes:

I realize that I am the most horrible updater in the world. But here is the last chapter to Addicted. It's been a fun first story and I cannot thank you all enough for the reviews and the love you've shown towards the story! I hope you all enjoy and I promise, something is in the works ;)

“Flowers?” I enquire over the cellular phone that has sealed itself to my ear.

 

“Of course, Mrs. Timberlake,” responds Carson, the newest member of my PR team. 

 

I sigh, “Carson, how many times do I have to tell you?”

“Ok, Di-an-a. Is there anything else that needs done before the show tonight?” 

 

“Not that I know of,” I respond. 

 

“Alright, well I’ll talk to you later, best of luck to you.” 

 

“Thanks,” I responded, “I’ll need it.”

Hanging up the phone, I get up from the kitchen table and manage to make my way into the family room where my husband has decided to take one of the very few moments he has in the day and rest. I try my best not to disturb the sleeping figure as I make my way to the couch, attempting to sit next to him. Justin shifts, accommodating the new figure that lays a top his lap.

He inhales deeply, yawns and smiles at me. “I’m excited,” he says.

“There’s nothing to be excited about yet, baby,” I respond.

 

I shift back up and his arm moves in a fluid motion to lay itself atop my shoulder. His face shows nothing but anticipation and excitement for what is soon to come. We’ve waited years since sitting in the office on that fateful day that made everything turn around. I’ll admit, we’ve had our fair share of ups and downs and there was even a chance that I wasn’t going to walk down the aisle but the way he smiles at me when he knows I need reassurance, or the way his laugh just makes me want to laugh and even just the fact that I know my best friend will always be there until my dying day makes this crazy mess all worth while.

 

He leans in as if there are a ton of people in the empty room and whispers softly, “I love you, Diana Timberlake.” I lean in to kiss him but my body’s reaction suddenly stops me and causes me to look bewildered and frightened.

 

“What baby?” he enquires. “Something happen?”

 

“I’m ready. We’re ready.”

 

With that, he grabs the luggage that’s been waiting at the door for the past couple of weeks,‘just in case’ something were to happen. He twirls his fingers around on the key table, looking for the ‘safe car’ that he purchased to make sure we’d be safe and prepared should the moment ever come to be.

Grabbing my hand, leading me out to the car, he looks back at me grinning from ear to ear. He opens the car door for me, throws the luggage in the back seat and immediately we’re on our way to the hospital.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He enquires as we head into the room he had set aside. 

 

“It. Just. Hurts.” And with that, I scream out in pain as another contraction comes over me. The only thing I want at this point, is an epidural. Pulling on his shirt, “get me that fucking pain medication, Justin.”

 

“Baby, hold on, just breathe. They’re coming with it, I promise.”

 

The doctor arrives with a pleasant look on her face. “Well, Mrs. Timberlake, are you ready to have this baby?”

 

I scream out in pain again, and attempt to nod my head. 

 

“Just a couple of more minutes and we should be ready to go,” she says while leaving the room, preparing for the baby that is about to arrive.

 

“If it’s a boy?” Justin asks.

 

 “Cole, and if it’s a girl?” I inquire back.

 

“Ugh, you know I don’t want my daughter to be called Tracy.”

 

“I was thinking more along the lines of something else.”

 

“And what’s that?” I sigh heavily as the doctor comes back in.

 

“Lets have this baby, Diana.”

 

With that, it seems like the whole world aligns at that point and everything is the way it should be. My husbands hand grasping onto mine, kissing my forehead as I continue to give my all. The first signs of life causes me to cry as the little girl’s cry echos throughout the room.

 

Well, she was precious like a flower

 

The doctor hands my baby to me and I look up to see Justin with tears in his eyes. I look into the little girl’s sparkling blue eyes and gently put my finger on her dimples that accentuate her cheeks. Slowly, Justin sits on the bed, and I hand her to him.

 

“You know,” he says to her, “I already know you’re the most perfect thing in the world. I know you’ll never disappoint me and I’ll never disappoint you. I know that at some point you’re going to get hurt but you’re a Timberlake and you’re going to get back up. I know you’re going to be as gorgeous as your mom is and you’ll have the biggest heart. You’re not even an hour old, and you’ve already changed my life in more ways than you could ever imagine.”

 

She grew wild, wild but innocent

 

Tears flow freely down my face as I look at the interaction between father and daughter. 

 

“Justin,” I say, “What about Harmony?”

“And her middle name?” He asks.

 

“Grace.” 

 

A perfect prayer in a desperate hour

 

“It’s perfect,” he says looking down at her again, “Harmony Grace Timberlake. It’s absolutely perfect.”

 

And it’s at that point that I realize all I need to do is freeze time and stop things from changing. Because right here, right now, my life has finally aligned into a sense of perfection. All of the drama, the chaos, the sleepless nights that I suffered, all of it was worth it to see the look on my daughter’s face. A being that through everything was created because of a love between two people that no matter what, would bend but not break, falter but not be destroyed. That alone has made me the happiest person in the world.

 

She was everything beautiful and different

Keith Urban- Stupid Boy


Incomplete
courtney is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked Addicted also liked 608 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant cheaterj