It's like you're a drug
It's like you're a demon I can't face down
It's like I'm stuck
It's like I'm running from you all the time
And I know I let you have all the power
It's like the only company I seek is misery all around
It's like you're a leech
Sucking the life from me
It's like I can't breathe
Without you inside of me
And I know I let you have all the power
And I realize I'm never gonna quit you over time
Kelly Clarkson- Addicted

"Di, we need to call Rolling Stone and confirm the interview for next month. And I need to get an appointment with Barney's for the YSL for the tour, all of the outfits need to be taken care of. Dancers, backups, etc. You can do this, right?"

After making notes of all of my chores today in the Blackberry that Justin shoved into my hand the first day I met him. I respond with a quiet "Yes" and head out the door. Making the phone calls isn't the problem, and confirming appointments doesn't really bother me, but when my job requires me to associate with the dancers and backup singers on the tour, my life goes sour.

You see, Justin has this habit, every new female dancer or singer he hires, he usually starts a relationship with. Take, for example, his last fling, Jessica. He loved her, and I mean he fell head over heels in love with the girl in a matter of minutes. And you can never tell a man to calm down his feelings, especially Justin. But when Jess started her new movie, and Justin decided that he couldn't wait three months for some attention, he looked for love from other sources.

That's where she comes in. Five foot eight, blue eyes, gorgeous Giselle hair, Macy was that girl in high school that you hated because no matter how hard you tried, you could never compete with her. And I was the 'other' girl, the one in high school that was barely noticed, just there because she had to be.

In all fairness, I had warned Justin. I had told him many times that giving up a relationship as good as the one he had with Jess for a girl whose only talent-besides beauty-was shaking her ass was such a big mistake.

"You just don't get her Di, she's deep. Like we can hold a conversation, something Jess and I just can't do anymore," he pleaded with me.

"Look," I started, "I really shouldn't have any involvement in this, being that I'm just the hired help, but Jess, Jess is a good person, somebody that wouldn't cheat on you because she wasn't getting attention. And here you are, falling for a girl that can't spell my name, let alone her own."

"She's smart, damnit! Diana, don't you get it, she's awesome."

"Justin, she's like every other girl besides Jess, no substance, no talent, no desire in her life to be anything more than your groupie."

He hadn't listened then, and he still doesn't listen now. Times like these tend to prove that. Because as soon as I walked into the dance studio, ready to ask all the girls about sizes and such, Macy was sitting there bragging about her newfound glory. All of the other girls stood in awe, as if getting into Justin Timberlake's bed was some sort of Grammy award winning achievement. I just didn't get it. I couldn't get it.

"Alright girls," I clapped my hands together, "today I need to find out sizes and such for the upcoming tour. Then I'll be going over your schedule with Marty. Along with that, there will be a discussion about rules on the tour. With your cooperation, I can hope to get you all out of here in about two hours."

Just as I'm about to begin helping out Dana, the costume director, my cellphone begins to ring.

"Diana Knight speaking" I greet.

"Don't forget, we've got that charity event this weekend and we need to finalize that guest list. I also need you to get in touch with my Mom and see if she's willing to come up for the weekend and be my escort of sorts for the event. Thanks." He hangs up, without so much as a "goodbye". I quickly scan through the speed dial list and dial Lynn's number.

"Hello" the middle aged woman says in a southern drawl.

"Lynn, hi, it's Diana."

"Oh, hi honey! How are you?" She questions. Lynn seems to be the only one that actually cares about my feelings right now.

"I'm good. I'm calling regarding the charity event this weekend, Justin needs a date of sorts, and since the recent fallout between him and the other girl, he was wondering if you could come with him."

She sighs on line, "Honey, he's known for weeks that I'm going on vacation this weekend. I feel bad, but I just don't know what to do."

Shit, there goes my job. I'm so incapable that I can't even get his own mother to go out with him.

"Wait!" she says, "why don't you go with him, Diana?"

"Lynn, honestly, do you think your son would want to be seen with me in public?"

"Oh shush, honey, I'll knock some sense into him. Plus, I saw you two at the Laker's game, don't lie."

"Strictly business, Lynn. But I gotta go, I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye honey, take care of him."

I get back to the dancers and continue to help Dana with the girls and I then hand them out papers discussing the rules.

"These are your schedules, there's a lot going on, so be careful to read carefully. And these," I say, holding up the pieces of paper," are your contracts. By signing these contracts, you've agreed that you will, in no way, have a personal relationship with Justin. Friends is fine, but it goes no farther than that. As your boss, he is to be respected. There will be points in time when press will ask you questions about what happens on the tour, you respond in truth but in no way will you hurt his character or image in the press. If you have any issues, I'll be more than willing to talk to you. As always, if you have any major problems on tour, you all have my number and should feel free to contact me. Thanks guys, you're free to go."

I finally finish talking to Marty and get into the car when he calls again.

"Did you finish everything?" he inquires.

"Yup, it's all done, I'm just on my way home now." I reply.

"Uh, cool. So Mom called me." He chuckles in a shy way.

"And?" I say.

"Well she thinks it would be a good idea for you to come to this event with me. Why? I don't know. So I guess you can come with me as my date. Feel free to head over to Zac Posen or something and grab yourself a dress, use my account. Then head back over here and we'll go over the seating arrangements."

"Alright, I'll see ya soon."

"Bye Diana"

I look in the mirror, acknowledging the fact that my face is full fledged blushing and start the engine. I begin to wonder if all it takes is just a few words from his mom to straighten him up. I wonder what people with think after this. Maybe this is my chance, my big break, I could finally be recognized.....

Yeah, as Justin's girlfriend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant cheaterj