Author's Chapter Notes:
My sincerest apologies for not updating. I just got back from vacation and finally got on a computer. Let me know what you think :)

Thinking back on my mistakes,
I can't undo all the days that I misused.
I thought you that you would always stay.
Its hard to face the simple truth,
That time brings no relief,
And time is all you need you said,
Had to go clear out your head.
While you're trying to decide if you'll come back to me.
Nick Lachey- Shades of Blue

So here I've been for the past few hours, wondering if what I did was really the right thing to do. Begging a girl to forgive me, it's just really not my style. I didn't beg Cameron, Jess, or Britney for that matter to ever come back to me. I left that all in the past because that's where I honestly felt that they belonged. But there's just something about her, I can't explain it. And it's not that I haven't tried to rack my brain to figure out why she's so different, because I have, and I've come up with nothing.

I begin to put the suit on and think about the possibility of her showing up tonight, what will I say? How will I react? Seeing the dress woke me up to the fact that she is gorgeous and her taste is classy, but seeing her in it, I don't know if I can control myself in that situation.

"Dude," Trace bellows from the hallway, "dude, we have to go. We're late, again!"

He complains while trying to talk to his girlfriend on the phone. "Yes, yes baby, I know. I'll see you there, promise. Ok, love you."

"We are not going to be late, Trace. The host is never late." I reply back as I continue getting ready. Finally tying my shoes I make my way out of my bedroom and downstairs to the awaiting car.

I really hope she decides to show up, it would be fantastic.

"Starting to feel a little less shitty?" Trace questions.

"Oh yeah, because apparently what I did wasn't so bad." I sarcastically reply back.

Trace continues fiddling with his phone, "You know, she might show up, man. Anything's possible."

I sigh, "I hope so, Trace, I hope so."
______________________________________________
After having a crash course makeover from Ken and his entourage, I finally feel as though I can actually roll with the celebrities tonight. I make my way out of the limo and onto the red carpet to where he is answering questions.

"So, Justin, any new flames in your life?" The naseating reporter asks.

"Actually-"

"Actually, Justin it's time you get inside. They're waiting for you," I interrupt.

His face is stunned, as though he doesn't know what to say, if he should put an arm around me or if he should just kneel down and beg for more forgiveness. I had hoped it would work out this way, I just couldn't be to sure.

"Wow," he says, "you look absolutely amazing."

"Thanks," I say, "you're not off the hook yet though."

We make our way into the ballroom and take our respective seats. Justin knows its time to make his speech. He gets up slowly and makes his way over to the podium.

"You know," he starts, "I thought the real reason that I started this charity for kids with depression was because it pained me to see younger people than myself go through more than I could ever imagine. I now realize that the real reason is not just for the children, it's for everyone. There isn't one person sitting amongst you that hasn't gone through a hard moment in his or her own life. And generally, you all have people out there to help you, console you, others don't really have that chance or that oppurtunity. I, however, happen to be a lucky one. I've surrounded myself with amazing people that do everything they can to support me, even if they don't necessarily want to at times. I honestly think that without those people closest to me, I wouldn't be able to continue on with life. Which is why I think, now more than ever, other people should feel the same way. We all need help sometimes, and that's the goal of this event. To help another. Thank you, enjoy your night."

He walks back down to the table and extends his hand as the music starts to play.

"Dance with me," he begins.

"But, what about everyone here?" I say. Suggesting that he might not want to be seen with me that close yet.

Baby tell me where'd you ever learn 
To fight without saying word 
Then waltz back into my life 
Like it's all gonna be alright 
Don't you know how much it hurts
 

"Forget them," he takes me out on the floor.

We begin to dance, the only couple actually on the floor, and he pulls me closer, whispering so that I'm the only one that can hear.

"I'm sorry. I really am. But I've got to tell you this, I need you in my life."

When we don't talk 
When we don't touch 
When it doesn't feel like we're even in love 
It matters to me 
When I don't know what to say 
Don't know what to do 
Don't know if it really even matters to you 
How can I make you see 
It matters to me 

"And I know that it won't be easy, and that this is fast. But you mean the world to me, and I only realized that when you left me by myself to figure it out. It's not easy without you, I won't even pretend it is but I do need you and I will do anything to make you feel the same way, I promise you that," he says.

Maybe I still don't understand 
The distance between a woman and a man 
So tell me how far it is 
And how you can love like this 
'Cause I'm not sure I can 

I look back into his piercing blue eyes and realize that this is safe.

"I know that, but I can't deal with your mood swings, I can't sit here and pretend that you don't irk me and make me think that you hate me. You have to stop that."

When we don't talk 
When we don't touch 
When it doesn't feel like we're even in love 
It matters to me 
When I don't know what to say 
Don't know what to do 
Don't know if it really even matters to you 
How can I make you see 
It matters to me 

"I promise," he says and pulls me closer than ever, "I love you, Diana."

"Still not off the hook, Timberlake." I reply

"I can think of a few things to change your mind," he winks.

 

Faith Hill- It Matters to Me



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant cheaterj