Author's Chapter Notes:

This is another story I had posted at the old site.  I'm in the process of editing and rewriting a lot of this story so for those of you have already read this you might want to check it out again.  The ending is definatly going to change due the fact that he last one thoroughly stunk.  Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this one.

Thanks!

Prologue: My Sister

Hey girl, it's me, I just called to tell you hi
Call me when you get this
Haven't talked lately, so hard to find the time
Give the boys a big kiss
Tell them that I miss them
By the way, I miss you too

Being a twin is way overrated. I mean everyone, all my life has told me how lucky I am to be a twin and how they wish that were a twin too. I don't get what the appeal is. I think people just watch too much TV.

I was thinking just today
About how we used to play
Barbie dolls and make-up
Tea parties, dress up
I remember how we'd fight,
make up, and laugh all night
Wish we were kids again
My sister, my friend

Being a twin leaves me to ponder questions like, am I the original or the copy version of my sister? Is my name really my name or did my parents get me confused with my sister one afternoon and I was suddenly renamed? People always ask the most ridiculous questions and just can't accept that we don't dress alike or always finish each other's sentences. Don't even get me started on the constant comparisons; they're beyond annoying. Everyone thinks that just because we look the same, we act and think the same. I cannot read my sister's mind nor are we able to communicate telepathically-weren't not circus freaks.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I met someone
I think I relly like him
I was just wondering if I'm jumping the gun
By going out on a limb
And invite him home for Christmas
To meet the family

Don't get me wrong, there are upsides to being a twin too. My sister and I did used to change places a lot during school. I was always better at science and history than my sister and she was better at the math and science courses so we would switch off for test a lot. Teachers never figured it out but we did get caught once thanks to one of our friends. Close friends can always tell us apart which really sucks sometimes. We did switch on a guy once when my sister got this monster zit on her chin. I subbed for her just that one time but that was it. We were never ones to mess with their heads. Plus sharing a guy would just be weird and has to break some sister code of some kind.

Seems like just yesterday
You brought home oh, whats his name
He had been drinkin'
What were you thinkin'
After dinner he passed out
We can laugh about it now

And speaking of guys, they all seem to have this sick lesbian fantasy of the two of us going at it or participating in some threesome. I just don't get that. I mean we're sisters. That's just nasty but all guys think and dream about it.

We've learned a lot since then
My sister, my friend

Anyway, I would say that I love having a sister I just don't care too much to have a twin. Really, the only thing we have in common is our DNA. Our personalities are complete opposites when it comes to just about everything. She's really loud and outgoing and I'm quiet until I get to know you and never really outgoing. We're just different.

Do you think you could come and see me sometime soon?
We could just hang out like we used to

Overall I wouldn't ever give up being a twin because I love my sister despite her many faults and I can't imagine not having her around. I guess the pros outweigh the cons, but you'll just have to make that judgment that for yourself.

It's late, and I should go
But I can't hang up the phone
Until I tell you
What I don't tell you enough
Even though at times it seemed
We were more like enemies
I'd do it all again
My sister, my friend



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story