Chapter 1: Granny Panties in The Club

I have a confession to make and it's like really bad. I know that we don't know each other that well yet, but I really need to get this off my chest. So here it goes.... I have a crush on my sister's boyfriend. Whoosh, man do I feel better now. I've been holding that in for what feels like forever.

I'm assuming that you now want to know a little bit about me, my sister, and her boyfriend. Well, first off I should tell you that I'm a twin-identical. Another important point that I need to share with you is that my sister is Madison Thomas...as in the famous actress Madison Thomas. Also, her boyfriend is just really hot. His name is Patrick and they've been dating since the eight grade. I didn't develop the crush until my junior year in high school. Yeah, so I think that about sums up the high points.

Well, I should tell you that I'm not an actress nor am I even close to being famous besides the fact that I have a famous sister. I'm actually and OB nurse at County Hospital in New York City-not exactly a glamorous profession, but it's very rewarding. The first time I met Patrick, as I've mentioned, was in the eight grade and he and Madison had only been dating for a couple weeks prior. She likes to put her boyfriends through these weird tests, one of which she forgets to mention to them that she has a twin so she can freak him out. I'm not quite sure how you pass that test exactly, but she claims to be able to tell a great deal about a guy by the way he reacts. I don't get it.

Anyway, the crush just sort of happened one day. He's always been super nice and sweet to me and I told you he was hot. I guess I just finally put it all together.

I'm so jealous.

"Hey sis!" Madison greets, having let herself into my modestly sized apartment. By modestly sized I mean very small with just a single bedroom, bathroom, and living/kitchen area. Madison's house is like twelve of mine or shall I say each of her houses are like twelve of mine. "What ya doin'?"

"Just paying some bills." You know something you've never had to deal with, I can't help but add to myself.

"That's never fun." A chill runs down my spine at the mere sound of his voice. I peer over the top of my glasses at him as he leans against the entryway to my kitchen with a playful smirk covering his gorgeous face. I smile shyly and quickly swipe my glasses off my face. I hate how I look in glasses. I don't know how it happened but I was cursed with having to wear reading glasses while Madison's eyesight was perfect. I swear she got all the really good genes.

I shrug my shoulders at his comment and suddenly remember what I'm wearing. As I look down at my sweatshirt and lounge around pants I silently wish that they had given me a bit of warning before just showing up like this. My hair isn't even combed. Patrick's probably looking at me and wondering how I could possibly be related to Madison let alone her twin. We really do look exactly alike-that is when I'm dressed and well groomed and put together. It's kind of cool to know that I could pass as a movie star, not that I would ever trade places with her. I'm not outgoing enough to be an actress and I just plain can't act.

"I'll be right back," Madison announces, pecking Patrick on the lips quickly before hopping off towards my room-I don't even want to know. "Entertain Pat for me while I'm gone," She calls over her shoulder. Oh I could think a few ways to entertain him....

"You need some help with those?" Patrick asks politely walking to my kitchen table and taking a seat next to me. I roll my eyes automatically at that. He's probably never had to pay a bill in his life-just like Madison. Did I forget to mention that he's filthy rich too? "I saw that."

"What?"

He leans his elbow on the table and points an accusatory finger my way. "You rolled you're eyes at me." I gasp. "I pay my own bills and do my own taxes for your information." He says with a Cheshire grin spreading over his handsome features.

"Sorry," I laugh lamely.

"So is this what you do for fun when you're not helping to deliver babies?"

"Pretty much," I answer coyly, staring back down at the scattered papers in front of me. I pick up one of the bills and pretend to examine it. I can't see a damn thing without my glasses but I don't want to put them on. I look like such a dweeb with glasses on. I squint at the writing trying to make out something on the paper to possibly be able to write down or comment to Patrick about-something.

"It might help if you put your glasses on." Patrick's voice breaks my thoughts. I look over at him with an impish smile and quickly reach for my glasses and raise them to perch on my nose. "You look cute in glasses."

My head shoots up at that comment. Did he just call me cute? Ugh, I definitely should not have looked up that fast with my glasses on. Things get all blurry and I feel like I'm going to fall out of my chair. My eyes finally focus on him and I open my mouth to say something-what, I don't know but I should say something.

"Melony Thomas!" Madison shouts, stomping her way back into the room. "What is this?"

I gasp audibly when I realize that she's holding up a pair of my underwear. My not-so-attractive-plain-white-cotton-some-might-say-grandma-underwear. My eyes flick to Patrick and back to Madison. Pushing back my chair I quickly stand and swat at the undergarment. Madison pulls it behind her back, cackling the whole time.

"I can't believe you actually own a pair of these!" She laughs as I chase her around the room. "You're still young Mel, you should have a drawer filled with thongs and lacey black things, not grandma underwear."

"Maddy!" I scream, now on the verge of tears. She is so not funny right now. Normally I would just laugh this off considering that this is just how our relationship is, however Patrick is sitting in my kitchen right now laughing....at me.

"Okay," She relents, allowing me to snatch the underwear from her grasp. With a loud huff I quickly stuff the panties into one of the pockets of my sweat pants and stalk back to the table. "Sorry Mel. I didn't mean to piss you off. When did you get so sensitive?"

I let out an annoyed breath and lower my head to concentrate on the bills sprawled out before me and not the two sets of eyes boring into me. I can't believe she did that-God, my face feels like it's on fire I'm blushing so badly.

"We're taking you out tonight."

"Madison, I am not in the mood okay." I sigh in annoyance. Right now I would really prefer to go dig a hole, jump into it, cover myself, and die.

"You're never in the mood." She pouts. "I want to spend some time with my favorite sister."

"I'm you're only sister." I grunt.

"All you ever do is work and pay bills and sit around your apartment. Come out and have some fun with us tonight. We're going to a new club and one of Patrick's friends is coming with us. He's really cute." She tries to persuade as she takes a seat on her boyfriend's lap. Oh great, not only do I get to go to a club where people will find out that I have no rhythm and cannot dance, but I also get to get set up with some desperate loser. I know I'm excited, how about you? "I'll let you borrow some of my clothes."

Oh, then I'll definitely go now-not. If I borrow some of Madison's clothes I'll look like a hooker, I'm sure. Not that I'm calling my sister a hooker. She's just more comfortable showing skin then I am. I don't think I have a terrible body or anything, I just don't feel comfortable walking around half naked. I think I look strange when I try to dress like that. Madison looks good and natural like that because that's just how she is. I am not like that at all.

"Maybe another time." By that I mean I don't want to go now nor will I ever want to.

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Baby, if she doesn't want to go don't force her to." Patrick comments. See why I like him so much. I like that he doesn't pressure me to do thing I don't like.

"But what about Trace?" Madison whines somewhat unattractively. I hope I don't look like that when I don't get my way. Although it would be a pretty good guess to assume that I do.

"He'll be fine," Patrick assures, his hands massaging my sister's lower back. I can't stop myself from glaring as his hands slip beneath her shirt. Do they have to act like this in front of me? "He can find someone once we get there."

Madison pretty blatantly ignores Patrick and looks towards me again. "Just go for Nathan so that he doesn't have go alone. I promise that if you go with us this one time I won't ever ask you again."

I sigh and drop my pencil to the table in frustration. She won't let this go until I agree to go out with them; she's just naturally persistent like that. I know that the only reason she's doing this is because she thinks I'm never going to find someone. Maybe I am destined to live alone for the rest of my life or become an old cat woman that all the neighborhood children will be afraid of. Who really knows?

"Mel, pleeeaaseee?"

I'm not going to look at her. If I do I'll give in. I just know she's giving me that sad, pouty face that I just can't say no to. I am not going out with them tonight if it kills me; absolutely not.

~*~*~*~

I can't believe I let Madison talk me into this. I hate clubs. I hate everything about them. The music is too loud, they never play anything I have ever heard before, the guys in the place are like vultures just looking for an unsuspecting woman to feed on, and they are way too crowded. Because it's so crowded all these people have to dace right on top of one another, not that I would really call what they are doing dancing. They're just rubbing and grinding and bumping up against each other. I know that's popular, but I just don't think I could ever do that-especially with a stranger. I'm not virginal or anything I just don't let people that close unless I know them very well.

Upon reaching this club, the name of which I don't remember, I was introduced to Patrick's best friend Nathan Durst. My first impression of him-he's really short. He's short and looks sort of "thuggish." I know I shouldn't judge just based on his appearance, but it's just really hard to get past his height and the whole baseball cap turned sideways and the "bling-bling" and the scruffy beard. Facial hair isn't really all that attractive to me....even on Patrick. Nathan seems nice enough though. We've been talking for a few minutes and we get along fine, but there's just no attraction there.

"So was it Madison or Pat that forced you to come out tonight?" Nathan asks with a crooked smile. I'm forced to lean in closer to him at the table so that we can actually hear each other over the music.

"Madison." I laugh. "You?"

"I got the both of them, but it was definitely more your sister."

"I figured." I smile politely, before raising my glass to sip on my drink that Nathan bought only a mere two minutes ago. I don't even know what it is, but it sure does taste damn good. "What is this?" I ask, pointing to my glass.

"F**k Me Hard." He yells back and I nearly choke. If I had had a mouth full of my drink I surly would have spit it out and all over him. I'm heard of that drink before but never had the guts to order one-at least when I was sober. Isn't it a bit forward of him to order me something like that? "Your sister said you liked them."

My sister, riiight. Of course she would tell him that. My eyes leave Nathan and flicker around the dance floor for any sight of that dear old sister of mine. It takes a few moments, looking through the various bodies moving on the dance floor and the blinding strobe light, before I'm able to spot her. She has her arms wrapped around Patrick's neck and one knee between his legs and the two are grinding like there's no tomorrow.

"You wanna dance?"

"Uh, I don't think so." I answer Nathan, finally peeling my eyes from the couple on the dance floor. "You can go though. It won't bother me. I prefer to just watch."

"Oh come one," He persists with a cute smile that almost makes me want to give in-the key word there being almost. "One dance won't kill ya."

"I really have like no rhythm whatsoever." I laugh, gulping down some more of my drink. He continues to stare at me and then pulls out the pouty lip. It's the same pouty look my sister gives me that I just can't possibly say no to. Raising my glass to my lips, I quickly down the drink hoping it will help to calm my nerves. "One dance."

He smiles brightly and stands, offering his hand to help me up. What a gentleman. I grasp his hand tightly as he leads me out to the dance floor. I could easily get lost out here. I could get separated from Nathan and some guy could just grab me and take me out to the alley behind the club and rape and kill me. This is why I don't like clubs.

Nathan stops somewhere near Patrick and Madison and pulls me closer to him. As I'm looking over his shoulder at my sister and her boyfriend making out, he leans towards my ear so that I can hear him. He tells me to relax and to just start moving with the music. I think I should have gotten a few more drinks in me before I came out here with him. Luckily, before I really even have a chance to get into the song, a slower one comes on. I can slow dance, that's just a lot of swaying.

I rest both of my hands on Nathan's shoulders while his attach to my waist comfortably. It's a little odd to be dancing with someone shorter than me, but I can block that out. As we sway to the beat I try to block out the overly sexual lyrics of the song playing and I find my mind drifting back to Patrick-wishing that I were dancing with him right now. To be so close to him would be heaven.

"I should tell you something." Nathan says, interrupting my foolish fantasy. I pull back enough to look down at his face and motion with my eyes for him to continue. "I have a girlfriend."

For a slit second I'm upset and feel like slapping him in the face for leading me on like this, but then I remember that lack of chemistry between us. It's not like I'm really attracted to him-physically at least. But still, what is he doing out at a club like this, dancing with me when he has a girlfriend waiting for him at home?

"We're on a ‘break' right now." He explains. "We just get into it sometimes and we take these little breathers for a while. I'm sure we'll be back together by the end of the weekend."

I don't know if I should buy that or not. I don't really know Nathan well enough yet to gauge him. Either he really does have a girlfriend and he's out looking to score while she's away or the girl dumped him and he just hasn't accepted it yet so he made that story about the "break" up. Or I guess he could be telling the truth. I guess it doesn't really matter. What he does in his personal life is his business and I'm not one to judge.

So I simply nod my head and go right on back to swaying with the music and pretending that it's Patrick's arms that are wrapped around me and not his best friends'.

 

TBC.....



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story