Chapter 6: Dolce and Gabbana, The Village, and A Kiss

"Justin Timberlake, put that shirt down right now." I order, pressing a hanger into his back. He stops mid movement and allows the shirt in his hands to drop so that only one hand is holding the garment. I giggle as he raises his to surrender. He playfully makes his knees quake and pretends to start crying.

"Please, don't hurt me." He begs. "I've got a family to think of. My wife," he sniffs. "She just had twins and my dog just died yesterday. Please!"

I can't contain my laughter anymore. I drop the hanger to my side and have to clutch the display table with one hand to keep myself from falling to the floor. I pinch Justin's side and he squirms around to face me with a large grin on his face.

"You're a Madwoman you know that?" He laughs and I only smile back at him. "What the hell is wrong with this shirt?"

"What color is it?"

"Blue?" He answers unsurely as if that's the stupidest question he's ever heard.

"Exactly. Everything you own is blue. You need to branch out man." I answer, taking the shirt from his grasp and tossing it to the display table. "You have like a gazillion shirts that look exactly like that."

"And everyone thinks I look damn fine in ‘em so why not add to the collection?" He answers cockily, pretending to dust off his shoulders. I roll my eyes and scoff at his comment. Could he be any fuller of himself?

I grasp my chest and bend at the waist as I gasp dramatically for air. Justin moves closer to me with a concerned look adorning his face and rubs my back soothingly asking if I'm okay.

"You're," I gasp, "ego is sucking all the oxygen out of the room."

He's eyes narrow at me as I bein laughing hysterically. That was good-ya'll gotta admit that. Oh man, I crack myself up. He's just too easy to pick on sometimes. He just leaves himself wide open.

"That was mean." He pouts childishly stomping away from me towards the dressing room area. I follow, still laughing and grab some of the clothes he forgot to take with him.

Having lost track of him along the way I peek under the stalls in search of feet. I don't have to worry about going to the wrong stall because we're the only people in here besides Justin's friend Trace and his girlfriend Elisha, oh and Tiny-that's Justin security guy. Justin had the whole store shut down so that we could ‘shop in peace.' I couldn't believe it. My sister never did that-at least that I know of. It's really nice though to not have to deal with the crowds. I only wish that I could actually afford this stuff.

"Justin," I call out after spotting his sock covered feet. "You forgot some of your stuff."

I expect some smart remark but he instead he just swings open the dressing room door to take the clothes from me. Upon seeing his bare and very toned chest my jaw literally drops open and the clothing I was holding falls to the floor. Okay now let me tell all you ladies who have seen the pictures of Justin's body and lust after it-they don't do him justice. I never imagined that a man's body could look so perfect...so....yummy.

"Like what you see?" His smooth yet taunting voice breaks me from my lust induced haze. I scoff at his raised brow and quickly pick up the clothes I dropped and throw them at his chest. I mumble a ‘hurry up' before turning around to leave. He grabs my arm and pulls me back to stand in front of him.

"What?" I ask with a hand on my hip and all the attitude I can muster with him standing in front of me the way that he is.

"You might as well just stay in here. I'm gonna need your opinion."

I can't stay in here with him. I seriously think I would pass out. I'm not just saying that, I really think that I would. It's hard enough for me to look at him without his shirt on right now, but he has to try on pants too. Oh Lordy!

"Why don't you just move down to this dressing room at the end and I'll sit in the chair down there?" I suggest, but don't really give him a chance to answer. I grab as much as his clothing as I can carry and race down the opposite end of the dressing area and toss his clothes into one of the stalls before plopping down in one of the chairs to catch my breath.

"Do either of you need anything?" Lucy, our sales person asks. I jump at her voice hoping that she did not witness me making a fool of myself just seconds ago. This woman has been amazing. She even offered us drinks and food when we came in. She already knew Justin's sizes and mine and had racks ready for us to look at. I was blown away. I can't believe that my sister actually shops like this. Whenever we go shopping together we go to Target or the mall so that I can afford to by stuff too-I know nothing of these luxuries.

"No, thank you Lucy." I smile courteously. "We're fine."

"Okay well just holler if you need anything at all."

"Will do."

"Will do?" Justin echoes in a taunting tone as soon as Lucy is out of sight.

"Shut up!"

"Hey," He says as his laugher begins to fade. "How come you're not trying on anything?"

I shrug, signifying that I don't have an answer for his question. I can't really tell him that I can't afford to buy even a pair of socks from this place. He thinks I'm loaded just like him. I don't want to try something on and fall in love with it and then have to pretend that I don't like it just because I can't afford it.

The next thing I know Lucy is back over with us, holding an armful of clothes for me to try on. Ugh! I smile politely and take the garments for the kind young woman and stomp into the dressing stall next to Justin's. After nearly an hour of trying on and modeling and making up some sort of excuse as to why I don't like whatever I was trying on, I'm finally on the last one. Yay!

Hmm...I don't know about this one. This dress in a little...uh...not me. It's like an evening gown. I mean it's gorgeous, but...I don't even know what to say. It's a little red dress with an off-center slit, back pleated detail and sexy straps that cross at the back. It's utterly sensual and sexy. Lucy teamed the dress with high heel strappy sandals. I love it. I can't freakin' afford a Dolce and Gabbana dress, but I love it. I twirl around in the dressing room reveling in the feeling of wearing a dress so exquisite and expensive. My hand catches on the tag and upon looking down at it I nearly have a conniption. It's over twelve hundred dollars!

"Hey Madwoman," Justin calls rapping his knuckles against the door. "Get you're ass out here woman!"

"So now you're calling me Madwoman?" I laugh as I step out of the dressing stall and into his view as well as the view of Trace, Elisha, and Lucy. I didn't realize I had an audience out here or I wouldn't have come out. Just as I'm about to slink back into hiding and change back into my normal close Elisha speaks.

"Wow, girl you look hot!" She giggles walking to me and lifting my hand to twirl me around in a circle. "You have to get that dress. It looks like it was made for you."

"Damn." Both Elisha and I turn to Trace. I'm wearing an amused but more embarrassed smile while Elisha looks a little upset. She smiles warmly at me telling me again I should get the dress before sitting back down on Trace's lap and making sure he keeps his eyes off of me.

"You're getting poor Trace in trouble with his girl." Justin laughs, drawing my attention from the couple. I roll my eyes and walk back around the corner to the dressing area to change. Justin, however follows me. "You're gonna get that right?"

"No." I answer simply.

"Why not? You look fantastic in it."

I bite my lip to suppress my growing smile at his comment and fiddle with the silky fabric of the dress. "I wouldn't ever have any reason to wear it."

"You're a celebrity Mads, you'll have plenty of chances to wear it." Justin scoffs. "And if you don't then I guess I'll just have to take you out sometime."

With that said I head into the dressing room and change back into my normal clothes. I'm going to buy this dress and then hopefully return it tomorrow. I gather my things and head to the checkout counter just as Justin walks away with his numerous bags. He tosses me a playful wink and I smile back not really knowing what else to do.

"Is everything here returnable?" I whisper, looking back to make sure Justin didn't overhear me. "You know, just in case I change my mind about the dress later."

"Of course Ms. Thomas, but I can't see why would change your mine about this one." Lucy smiles. I smile back and wait impatiently, biting my nails, as she tallies up my total. I just need to remind myself that no matter how much this costs I can return it tomorrow....I can return it.....I can return it. "That'll be twelve forty seven ninety two."

Oh my gah! twelve...oh my...I think I'm gonna pass out. I swallow thickly and shakily pull my check book out of my purse. My hand shakes the entire time I writing out the check and I'm barely able to hand it to Lucy. I feel like I'm going to be sick-I've never spent this much money in my life.

~*~*~*~

"What movie are we watching?"

"The Village," Justin smiles evilly. He knows that I don't like scary movies. I bet he picked this one himself just for that reason. One of my friends saw this one and she said she nearly wet her pants when she went to leave the theater because she lives out in the middle of nowhere, you know in the woods. At least I don't have that problem. I tuck my feet up under myself and cross my arms over my chest and glare at Justin. "What? I wasn't the one that picked the movie. You can thank Trace for that sweetheart."

"Don't call me that." I pout.

"Trace you know I don't like scary movies." Elisha scolds her boyfriend smacking him with the back of her hand. Trace silently apologizes and pulls her closer to press his lips to her exposed neck a few times. I laugh at the two. Trace and Elisha are really cute together. I mean just look at them all snuggled up together in that big armchair with a blanket draped over them. I sigh, watching the two longingly.

"What are you sighing about?" Justin whispers as the opening credits of the movie starts.

"Nothing," I sigh again turning to look at him as he shoves a handful of popcorn into his mouth. "They're just so cute together. It's sweet."

Justin's eyes flick to his friends and then back to me again. He nods after thoughtful consideration of my words. I laugh lowly at him and turn my head to the television. This movie is probably going to keep me up all night long. Thank you Trace. What is it with guys and wanting to watch scary movies with girls? If Justin thinks that I'm going to act all scared and want to cuddle up with him for safety, he's got another thing coming. I don't care how freaking scared I get; I will not let it show.

About thirty minutes into the movie I've nearly wet my pants three times and almost screamed I can't even count how many times. Unable to take it anymore, I quietly excuse myself and walk out to the kitchen to collect myself. Justin doesn't have wood out by his house or rather big loft-like apartment thing. Those....things....only live in the woods so I'm safe here. Plus it's just a movie, it's not real. It is not real.

I lean over on the counter, pressing my palms into the expensive marble as I prepare myself to go back out there. I push off the counter and turn around and nearly jump right out of my skin. I scream louder then I think I've ever screamed in my life and fall to my knees in my freight. I grasp my chest as Justin removes the scary mask from his face and begins laughing hysterically at me. Trace and Elisha are both standing on the opposite side of the kitchen laughing as well. I stand and grab the mask from Justin's hand and proceed to beat him with it. He yelps through my blows and eventually is able to grab me by my waist and spin me around so that my back is pressed against him and I can no longer hit him.

"You're such a jerk!"

"Oh come on," He laughs, "It was funny. You should have seen the look on your face when you saw me and you jumped like three feet off the floor!"

I struggle against him until he finally lets me go. I scoff and glare angrily at him. "That was not funny." I scold, pointing a finger in his face. "You could have given me a heart attack."

"Madison," He calls after me as I stomp out of the kitchen and towards the front door. "It was just a joke!"

"Where's my jacket?"

"Come on Mads," He says holding both of my hands in his. "I was just playin' I didn't mean to upset you."

I'm not really mad at him. This is just payback for scaring me like that. Who says Madison is the only one with acting talent?

"Come watch the rest of the movie with us." He pleads. "I promise I'll be nice."

I roll my eyes and pull away from him and start walking back to the living room with a smile on my face. That was too easy. I feel him behind me as I sit down in the seat he was previously occupying. He nudges me over and sits down a little too close to me and offers me the popcorn as a kind of peace offering. I smile and take the bowl. I wedge my feet under his thigh to keep warm and make myself comfortable.

"Let's start the movie."

~*~*~*~

So I made it all the way through the stupid movie without showing how scary I really thought it was. I did jump a few times I know that Justin noticed because I could see him holding in his laughter out of the corner of my eye. I'm defiantly glad that he came to pick me up today so that I didn't have to drive home in the dark. I did watch like a hawk out to window the entire ride home though. I'm a dork, I know. I'm like the only person on the planet that was scared during and after watching this movie. I blame it on my overly vivid imagination.

The slamming of the car door breaks me from my thoughts. I watch Justin walk around the front of his gorgeous BMW and come open my door for me. I told him before that this really wasn't necessary, but he insists on doing it-I find it rather sweet actually. I step out of the car and grab my purse and shopping bag and follow him to my doorstep. Something about tonight feels different then the other times we've gone out together. I mean I've been hanging out with Justin nearly every night for weeks now, basically whenever I'm not working and he always opens doors for me and walks me to my door-this just feels different. I guess because Trace and Elisha were there it kind of felt like today was a double date. I don't know, but I need to stop thinking and just get inside already before I do something I'll regret later.

"You gonna be okay tonight?" Justin asks with a smirk. "You need me to come in a check under your bed for monsters?"

"Ha, ha very funny Timberlake." I answer sarcastically after unlocking my door. I turn back to him, jingling my keys in my hand-nervous gesture.

"You know I'm just playin." He winks running his fingertips down one of my arms affectionately. "You're not really scared are you?"

"No." I shoot back defensively probably revealing just how much the movie really did get to me.

"Alright," He chuckles leaning in to press his warm lips against my cheek. He linger for a few seconds before pulling back to speak again. "I guess I'll see you after Thanksgiving?"

I nod, feeling very lightheaded from such a simple yet sensual kiss. Justin's going home to Memphis for Thanksgiving and I'm going to visit my parents in Oklahoma. We're both leaving at different times tomorrow and I won't be back until Sunday, but he'll be gone even longer-he comes home next Wednesday.

He wishes me a goodnight and starts back towards his car. Normally I would already be inside cursing myself for still not tell him the truth, but something holds me back from leaving the porch. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel like complicating things tonight.

"Justin!" I call after him. He turns back and I can just barely make out his raised brows in the moons light. I walk the short distance to him and simply stand before him not really knowing what I'm doing. I look up at him with confusion in my eyes and he looks back seeming to understand something I don't. His head dips and the next thing I know his lips are on mine and I'm kissing him back and reaching for the back of his head to pull him even closer. We pull apart after only a few seconds and we're both breathless. I take his hand shyly and pull him back towards my apartment and inside.

Yeah, I definitely just complicated things.

 

 

TBC...


Incomplete
Mattison30 is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked My Sister also liked 307 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story