Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm driving fast now
Don't think I know how to go slow
Where you at now
I feel around
There you are

Cool these engines
Calm these jets
I ask you how hot can it get
And as you wipe off beads of sweat
Slowly you say "I'm not there yet!"
 - Maroon 5 "Secret"

Rylee grabbed her book and sat on the bed.  She could hear Justin in the shower singing one of the songs they’d recently produced and she had to smile.  He wasn’t bad at all, but what made it even better was that the song he was singing was quite girly.

 

A few minutes later the water stopped and Justin emerged from the bathroom in a cloud of steam, a towel around his waist and water glistening on his chest.

 

“Hey.”

 

Rylee looked up at him over her book and smiled, “Hey yourself.”

 

She watched Justin move around the room, admiring the view.  The towel left little to the imagination and she almost started blushing at the thoughts that had found their way into her head.  He disappeared into the bathroom for a moment and emerged clad in some sweatpants.

 

“I think I liked the towel better.”  Justin stopped for a second and stared at Rylee before letting out a chuckle.

 

“I can go put it back on, if you’d like.”  He climbed onto the bed next to her and took the book from her hands.

 

She grinned, “It would just be coming off again.”  Justin’s eyebrow’s rose close to his hairline and she laughed at the look on his face.  “Am I being too forward for you, Mr. Timberlake?”

 

“Not at all, Ms. Anderson, not at all.”  He threw her book onto the bedside table and climbed on top of her, tickling her sides and loving the laughter that was pouring from her lips.

 

A few moments later, Rylee had Justin’s hands firmly grasped in her own as she struggled to catch her breath.  She stared up at the man hovering above her and she couldn’t help but match his grin with one of her own.

 

“Thank you.”  She whispered.  Justin sat back so he was on his knees, his weight shifting off of Rylee’s legs.

 

“For what?”

 

“For not giving up, and for not letting me give up.”  She let her eyes drift over his frame before returning them to meet his gaze.  “I don’t think I’ve done a very good job at showing it, but what you’ve done for me means a lot, and despite all the crap that’s going on, I’m really happy we’re together.”

 

Justin moved so he was no longer on top of Rylee, instead, he stretched out beside her and pulled her into him.

 

“Rylee Jean…” He licked his lips, a small smile gracing his face.  “I think I’ve been falling in love with you from the moment you walked into my studio, as horribly cliché as that sounds.  I know that all of this has been really hard on you, and I know that I’ve basically asked you to give up your best friend for me, so being there for you is the least that I could do.”

 

Rylee couldn’t really think of anything to say, so she leaned in and captured his lips.  The kiss was soft and slow and it ended after a moment.

 

“I’m sorry I’ve been making things so difficult.”  When she dropped her head, Justin gently grabbed her chin and brought her eyes back up to meet his.

 

“Don’t apologize, please.  I don’t want to think about any of that this weekend, okay?  I just want to enjoy being with you and not worry about anything else but us.  Can you do that for me?”

 

She smiled at him and shook her head.  “Yeah, I can.”

 

“Good. Now, let’s talk about you taking off my towel…or whatever it is you were going to do to me.”

 

Rylee let out a loud laugh as Justin wiggled his eyebrows.  He made an effort to look offended before rolling over and silencing Rylee’s giggles with his mouth.

 

~*~

 

The sun broke softly through the blinds and crept across the covers until it touched the forms of the two sleeping bodies.

 

Rylee smiled as she felt a hand slid up the back of her thigh, over her hips, and along her spine.  Justin’s fingers stopped to trace over the tattoo on her back before continuing up and over her shoulder.

 

“Morning.”  Rylee opened her eyes to see his smiling face and she grinned back, letting out a sleepy yawn.

 

“Mornin’ to you too.”  She stretched out, her arms going above her head before dropping down and sliding around Justin’s shoulders.  “What do you want to do today?”

 

Justin rolled over on his back, taking Rylee with him.  Her naked body pressed up against his and he was tempted to keep her in bed all day, but he knew that she wanted to spend time with her brother.  Justin liked Ben and he figured Ben wouldn’t appreciate it much if Justin hogged Rylee to himself all day.

 

“I was thinking that we could go surfing.  I saw Ben’s board down stairs and I know he mentioned something about getting out sometime.”  He watched as Rylee’s nose crinkled and her mouth formed into a pout.

 

“I don’t know how to surf, and the last time Ben tried to teach me I ended up with a mouthful of seaweed.”  Justin laughed, eliciting another pout from Rylee.

 

“I’ll show you how, and I promise I won’t let you eat seaweed this time.”  He could see the apprehension on her face, so he pulled his best puppy dog face and pleaded.  “C’mon, you’ll have lots of fun.  And you’ll get to walk around in that little red bikini I saw in your bag earlier.”

 

Rylee’s jaw dropped slightly and she chuckled.  “I’m pretty sure that you’ll enjoy the bikini more than I will.”

 

Justin shrugged. “Possibly.  But I still think we should go surfing.  You can spend some quality time with Ben.”

 

“All right, all right.  As long as you stop giving me that pathetic look, I’ll go.”  Justin grinned and planted a smacking kiss on her lips before jumping out of the bed to start getting ready.  Rylee blushed a little as she watched Justin walk around the room unashamedly naked.  This was certainly something else.

 

~*~

 

“Now just stand up!  Stand up!”  Justin yelled over to Rylee as he watched her struggle on the surf board.  She was half standing and she looked absolutely terrified as the wave carried her toward shore.  She ended up falling off the board and her head disappeared for a moment before she popped back up looking thoroughly upset.

 

“I don’t like this game.”  She grabbed a hold of her board and flailed for a moment before she was able to climb back up on it.

 

“You almost had it that time, Sis.  You’re getting better.”  Ben was seated on his board next to Justin and the two men had been trying to teach Rylee to surf for the last half hour.

 

“That’s because Justin is a much better teacher than you are, Benji.”  He managed to look a little offended at her comment, but it was diffused by the chuckle that came from his mouth.

 

“Apparently.  I think he’s just got more patience with you than I do.”  Ben noticed an oncoming wave, so he got ready and Rylee and Justin watched as he successfully rode the wave back to shore.

 

“He makes it look so damn easy.”  Rylee grumbled as she paddled her board over to Justin and floated next to him.

 

“You’ll get it, Babe, you’re almost there.”  He leaned over to give her a small kiss and sat back up on his board.  “Just don’t be afraid to stand up, that’s all.  You’ve got everything else down.”

 

“I think that I’ll try one more time and then call it a day.  Basking in the sun sounds like a wonderful idea right now.”

 

Justin laughed.  He was having a lot of fun, and despite Rylee’s complaining, she looked like she was really enjoying herself too.  Getting out with Ben was a lot more entertaining that Justin would’ve first thought, and he was beginning to like being around the older man.

 

“Hey, here comes a good wave, are you ready?”  Rylee looked over at the sound of his voice and nodded.  She looked terrified.  “You’ll do fine, OK?”

 

They couple set up and watched as the wave rolled in behind them.  Justin coached Rylee along, giving instructions as she prepared to take the wave.  She paddled in and threw all her weight into standing up.  She got excited for a second as her feet made contact with the board and she was completely standing up.

 

She could hear Justin’s cheer from the other side of her, but when she turned to look at him she lost her balance and felt herself tumbling into the water.  After a few seconds of being tossed around under water, Rylee surfaced, sputtering and spitting out salty ocean.

 

“That was not cool.”  She could feel the ankle strap tugging on her leg, so she paddled back to her board and went to climb back on it so she could swim back to shore.  She suddenly realized that something was missing.  She was topless.

 

Rylee’s eyes frantically searched the water around her but all she could see was the blue of the ocean.

 

“Hey!”  Justin’s voice came from her left and she turned and watched as he swam toward her.  “That was really good, Ry!”

 

“Justin…”  He stopped grinning at her when he noticed the look on her face.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“I lost my top.”

 

“You what?”

 

“My bathing suit top, I lost it.  It fell off.”  Justin noticed for the first time that she was indeed naked from the waist up and he had to try really hard to hold in his laughter.  “Don’t even start, Timberlake.”

 

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry.”  He turned around so she couldn’t see him laughing, and he attempted to search for her top.  “I don’t see it anywhere.”

 

“What am I going to do?  I can’t get out of the water topless! There are other people on this beach!”  The look on her face was enough to make Justin start laughing again, but he managed to hold it in.

 

“Calm down, OK?  I’ll swim back to shore and grab your t-shirt and bring it back out to you.  Why don’t you start making your way in toward shore.”

 

She nodded and did as he had said, watching as he swam ahead of her.  Rylee made it so she could reach the bottom with her toes, but she didn’t dare go in too far because she didn’t need anyone getting a free show, especially her brother, who was now laughing hysterically as Justin retrieved her t-shirt and told him what happened.

 

A few moments later she had her shirt over her head.  It clung to her body as she climbed out of the water and on to the beach, and Rylee felt almost as naked.

 

“Hey, Ryles…looking for something?”  She turned to see Ben pointing at a piece of red cloth floating just off the shore, swaying back and fourth in the waves.  His face was red with laughter as Rylee rushed over and snatched up the top, her hands shaking with embarrassment.

 

Rylee looked like she was ready to bolt off the beach, but Justin called her over.

 

“Hey, come here.”  He held up a towel.  “I’ll hold this up and you can change, no one will see, I promise.”

 

She carefully made her way over to him, her eyes scanning the beach around them to make sure no one was watching.  She stepped into the circle that Justin’s arms made and started to remove her shirt when he lifted the towel.  He grinned as he watched her change.

 

“Wipe that grin off your face, mister.”  Her cheeks were still red with embarrassment.

 

“Oh chill out, you’ll be laughing about this later, I promise.”  When she finished tying her top, he pulled her into him with the towel and planted a long, lingering kiss on her mouth.

 

“You’re supposed to do that when she has her top off, not after she’s put it back on!”  Ben yelled over to them and Justin laughed as Rylee buried her head in his shoulder.

 

“Surfing was a horrible idea.”  She mumbled.  He laughed even harder at her comment and pushed her gently to get her moving.

 

“Come on, the sooner you face him the sooner the teasing will be over.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story