I stared at myself in the mirror and began to wonder if I could really pull this off. The mirrors in the store had made the dress seem much more flattering, then again this mirror could pretty much make JC look like he weighed two-hundred pounds if he looked in it the right way. I should really get a new one. Doesn’t Cosmo always say to have a mirror that makes you look really thin?
 
I adjusted the hair that was hanging over my eye, yeah I do the whole emo hair, it cuts down on the roundness of my face and touched the red lipstick I was wearing to make sure my lip sealant was holding it in place.
 
"You look amazing."
 
I jumped a little when I heard JC's voice behind me. He had offered to drive me to work so that I wouldn't have to worry about my car. He was dressed in a pair of dark denim jeans and a black t-shirt that clung in all the right places, and I do mean all.


"You're looking pretty sexy your self there stud."
 
Oh crap, I'm actually blushing.
 
"Who's that pin-up model you like?" JC asked as he stepped closer, "Bettie Page right?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"You're definitely giving her a run for her money."
 
I rolled my eyes but thanked him anyway. If there's one thing that I've learned about JC he hates to hear someone argue against him or put themselves down. He's one of those men that can make you feel gorgeous on your worst days.
 
"Thanks." I said, noticing that he was hiding something behind his back, "Whatcha got?"
 
JC grinned and produced a bouquet of Lilies from his back. I had a feeling that he could probably see my molars because my smile was so big. I loved lilies, actually I like any flowers, but lilies are my favourite.
 
"I remembered you said that roses tended to be over done."
 
This man is amazing.
 
"Thank you JC, you didn't have to do that." I said as I took them from him and went in search for a vase.

"Well it is your birthday!" He laughed as he followed me.

"Yeah but you already bought me the dress." I told him as I filled my vase with water and began to fuss with the flowers.
 
"When was this taken?"
 
I turned away from the vase and looked at the picture he was holding up. It was of me and Justin and we were both making kissy faces at the camera. "Oh man, probably a few months ago. We have a lot like that."
 
"Yeah I noticed that you have a lot of pictures of Justin around."
 
Alright, there was a tone there.  


“What’s with the tone?”

  

“What tone?” JC said, putting the picture back on my fridge. “There’s no tone.”

  

“There was too.” Why did I suddenly feel like I was arguing with my niece and nephew?

  

“You’re hearing things.”

  

I rolled my eyes, scratch that, my niece and nephew are more mature. “Fine, let’s get going.”

  

JC waited while I grabbed my purse and slipped my shoes on. He took my keys and locked my door for me before leading me down to his car and holding the door open. Isn’t he a gentleman?

  

We made small talk on the way to the bar. JC was still irritated and I was a little annoyed that he was acting the way he was.

  

“Did Justin say what the meeting was about?” JC asked as we pulled up to Onyx.

  

Oh, now he was going to be civil. “No, he’s probably going of tour or recording or something. He tends to call a meeting like this when he’s handing the reins over to Jessica or Trace.”

  

I was really hoping it was going to be Trace. The only problem is that since Trace is Justin’s personal assistant he hardly ever took care of the bar. Don’t get me wrong, Jessica is really cool, but the last time she was left in charge Onyx turned into a gong show. That was the reason Justin put me in charge of guest lists when he’s away. Last time Jessica made up a guest list there were too many celebrity parties booked and we got a fine for being over capacity.

  

I sighed as I stared up at the building, “Is it wrong that I want to throttle Justin for this?”

  

JC laughed and began climbing out of the car. I watched him as he came around to open my door and let him pull me out of the car.

  

“It’s a very natural feeling, believe me.” JC laughed, “The bodyguards used to want to do that on a regular basis.”

  

"Well at least I have plenty of people that I can point the finger at after I do it." I sighed.

"Hey cheer up, you only have to work for a few hours and then you get to party with your boss's credit card."

I hadn't thought of it that way. We stepped into the bar and as I was about to say some smart ass comment to JC everyone jumped out at me and screamed surprise.

I have to admit, I am one of the easiest people to scare like that. Justin sneaks up on me all the time and slowly brings his face into my line of vision and it scares the crap out of me every time he does it. So when all of my co-workers and several of my friends screamed surprise I felt like I jumped out of my skin. I could hear JC snort beside me after I jumped and shot him a look.

"It's not funny."
 
"If you had seen your face you'd be laughing too." Justin said as he came towards me.
 
"Get away from me you bastard love child of Satan and a brillo pad." I muttered, pushing at his chest as he tried to hug me.
 
I'm sure you've started to notice that I have a lot of names for Justin. My favourite is Chia-Pet, but that unfortunately only works when his curls are growing in. You see when his curls start to come back, it happens every couple months because he thinks he misses them, his head gets really frizzy. Well if they get wet they easily double in size and it's like watching a Chia-pet grow.
 
"You just had to go for the curls didn't you?" He muttered as he stood back.
 
Truth be told, I hated Justin's hair the way it was right now. He's going for the faux-hawk again, don't ask me why since I was really hoping that they had died out. His hair is in that stage of being in-between curly and shaved so it's really just a styled frizz and he hasn't shaved so he looks like a hermit.
 
"Justin you look like you belong in a cabin in the woods."
 
I really need to get that switch fixed before I get myself fired or something.
 
"You know it's not nice to make fun of the person who went through all this trouble to throwing you a birthday party." Justin said, his bottom lip sliding out.
 
I rolled my eyes, "Put the lip away before you trip on it."
 
Justin laughed and grabbed my arm, finally hugging me and dropping a kiss on the top of my head. "Come here, I have a present for you."
 
"I swear if it's your dick in a box I will smack you."
 
I could feel everyone's eyes on me, looking at me curiously, JC and Justin's among them.
 
"I can't believe you said that." Justin said, his cheeks actually turning pink.
 
"I can't believe you didn't expect it when you agreed to sing that song." I shot back.
 
"I'm going to remember that at Christmas." Justin muttered handing me a large envelope.
 
"Okay, I know that you suck at wrapping presents and all, but come on man, you could have at least put a bow on it." I teased.
 
"Shut up and open it smart ass." Justin snapped.
 
I ripped open the top and slid my hand in, grabbing the first thing my fingers came into contact with. I dangled the lanyard from my fingers and looked up at Justin.
 
"A backstage pass to your concert." I said dryly, "You're such a big spender."
 
"Would you read what it says?" Justin sighed with a grin.

That wasn't a good sign, the Timbergrin never ended well.
 
"Crew pass?" I asked looking up at him, "I don't get it."
 
Justin motioned for me to follow him away from the prying eyes of my co-workers. I sat down on the corner of his desk and took the papers he handed to me.
 
"I need a new make-up artist for my next tour." Justin said, "And I think you'd be perfect for it. What you're looking at is a contract for this tour with an offer to do any future work for me should I decide to keep you."

 

I knew that I was staring at him like another head had burst from his shoulder, but I really couldn't help it, I was in shock. Here was a man who had known me for a little under a year and he was handing me an opportunity that would open doors that I never dreamt would be open for me. I felt the papers fall from my fingers as I practically launched off the desk, hugging him tightly. Yeah okay, it wasn't the most professional thing to do but I
couldn't help it.
 
This was something that I was desperately ready for. Not only would I be making a lot more money and seeing places that I had no hope of seeing except in movies, but it would give me a chance to get away from JC and figure out my feelings for him.
 
"I take it she said yes?"
 
I released Justin and turned to look at JC, "You knew about all of this?"
 
"Of course, I don't trust just anyone to make me look pretty on stage."
 
Wait, what?
 
"Huh?" Oh brilliant Robyne.
 
"See not only do you get to deal with my pretty face, you have to deal with JC's ugly one."
 
Oh, great, so much for the time away from JC to figure out my feelings.
 
"It'll be fun." JC said, hugging me tightly.

  

"Yeah, sounds like a party.” I said, pulling away from JC.

  

“You don’t sound too happy.” Justin said.

  

“I’m just in shock.” I told him, “Wait, does this mean I don’t actually have to work tonight?”

  

Justin laughed, “No, I figured that telling you that you had to work was the only way to get you down here. But I have set up a bar tab for you at each of the bars, it’s pretty much unlimited.”

  

“Sweet, let’s party!” I said, making the boys laugh.

  

Oh tonight could be interesting.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles jc justin