Author's Chapter Notes:
I must have wrote, rewrote, changed back and rewrote again about seven times, not to mention all the changes I did to the Once In a Lifetime chapter I'm working on. Muses are such a pain in the ass when they throw curveballs at you.

I am drunk. Wait, I think I’m beyond drunk, I’m starting to see multiples of JC, okay, that’s not really a bad thing.

  

“How are you feeling?” JC asked.

  

“I can’t tell if I have to puke or pee.” I told him.

  

Ha-ha, ten points for making JC Chasez spit beer all over himself.

  

“Oh that’s hott.” JC laughed.

  

“I do what I can, Paris.” I told him.

  

I earned the Chasez glare. He hates the fact that Paris Hilton includes him on her guest lists to all her parties and events. It’s not that he has a serious dislike for her, it more the fact that she uses him to get back at girls that she doesn’t like by flirting with him. That and JC and Nikki Hilton do not get along at all. Now whenever we tease him for using any Paris-slang, he tends to get pissed off at us.

  

“So how come you haven’t danced?”

  

The man is good at changing the subject and he also apparently thinks that he’s funny. Liz showed up like an hour ago and there is no way I’m even going to try dancing. You know how there’s always that one person who looks like a complete moron in a group of people dancing? I’m that moron.

  

“I don’t dance.” I told him, “The music I listen to isn’t of the dancing nature.”

  

That wasn’t a complete lie. My music is meant to be jumped to, screamed to, head banged to. Sure you can dance to it, but you kind of thrash instead of move to a rhythm. Now that’s not to say I don’t have “normal” music as Justin calls it. My I-Pod is a good collection of all types of music. It ranges from Justin’s music to Slayer…see it’s eclectic.

  

"I've seen you dance."

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. What JC saw was me on a very drunk night dancing next to Liz on the speakers. Justin has yet to let me live it down, mostly because I was on the speakers dancing to Sexy Back.
 
"That wasn't dancing, that was a momentary lapse in good and sober judgement." I told him.

"Come on, come and dance with me."
 
"You're hilarious."
 
"Come on Robyne!" JC said, leaning forward so that I could see the pout he had on his face.
 
I know it's crazy to try and turn down dancing with this man, but I'm completely blitzed and I haven’t danced with a guy for at least a year.


"JC, no."
 
JC crossed his arms over his chest and his lip came out further, "Fine." 
 
Whew, crisis averted. I looked up at the projection screens as screaming and cheering filled the club. "Justin's going to kill someone." 
 
Ayo Technology was playing, a big no-no in the club. There was an unspoken rule that Justin's songs weren't to be played when he was there, he thought it was embarrassing and hated seeing his videos playing. Granted the odd one has slipped through, usually only if there were a lot of requests or Justin was in a mood to show off.
 
"Nah, he's letting them play what they want tonight since it's your birthday and he knows you like some of his songs."
 
I watched the video playing on the screen since I hadn't really seen the video yet. I sighed and sat back as Justin approached the doorframe and slowly ran his fingers down it.
 
"What I wouldn't give to be that doorframe right now."
 
Okay so not the smartest thing to say about your boss while sitting next to the man that you would give your left arm to be with, but come on! Justin being my boss aside, he is a sexy man. Between the good looks the amazing body and the way he knows how to use his body language, it's enough to make any girl want to be with him. He's that clichéd, women want to be with him and men want to be him.
 
I glanced at JC and he was giving me a look that sober I would have brushed off, but since I was in the condition I was in, he was getting called on it.
 
"What?"
 
"What do you mean what?"
 
"What's with the look?" I demanded, "And don't tell me nothing."
 
"You're just drunk."
 
Alright, that pissed me off, "You know what JC, fuck you."
 
He looked shocked, can't figure out why, he's heard me say that to Justin hundreds of times. Then again it could be because it was directed at him. 
 
"What the hell?" JC snapped, "What was that for?"
 
"Because I'm tired of this. I talk to Justin, I make a comment about Justin or you see pictures of me and Justin and you act like I'm ripping your heart out. Justin's my friend and I can't thank him enough for everything that he has done for me so as of this point he's pretty damn important to me."

  

Okay the drunken babbling was starting, what did Lindsay Lohan call it in Mean Girls, word vomit? Yeah that's what was happening right now.

  

"Every time I see you I have to watch you with other women and I have to help you figure out how to fix it when you screw up, but then the minute I show interest in any guy aside from you, you start getting pissy and I'm sick of it because you have no right to!"
 
JC grabbed my hand and I realized I had been poking him in the chest the whole time I was telling him off.
 
"Are you done trying to bruise my chest?"
 
"Trust me JC if I wanted to leave bruises on you I'd be making sure they were visible."
 
I swivelled my chair and hopped off of it. This whole storming away thing would have been more effective if my skirt hadn't gotten caught in the chair. Having to stop and detangle yourself isn't dignified and the fact that I could see JC trying not to laugh was irritating me even more. 
 
"Problems?"
 
Oh wonderful, now I had to deal with both of them. "I'm fine Justin."
 
"How much has she had to drink?" He asked, looking over my shoulder at JC.
 
"I'm standing right here Justin, and I haven't had much."
 
"She's had about twelve doubles." JC told him, "And lord only knows how many shots."
 
Wow was it that many? No wonder I could barely stand. 
 
Justin's finger lifted my chin as his free hand got my skirt untangled from the chair. "What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing." I muttered, looking away from him.
 
"Robyne, don't bullshit me."
 
"Just leave it alone Justin." I told him, "JC and I had a bit of a disagreement."
 
I watched Justin look over my shoulder and shoot a glare at JC. "Come on, let's go dance."
 
Why did everyone want me to do that? "I don't dance."
 
Justin grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the dance floor, "And I say that you do."
 
I rolled my eyes, he could drag me out there all he wanted, didn't mean that I had to move. I made a face as he dragged me into the crowd of bodies, he knew that if given the chance I'd run as fast as possible so he was making sure I couldn't escape. I arched my eyebrow at him as he wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled my body close to his.
 
"This isn't funny Justin." I told him, "Whatever point you're trying to prove, I think you've done it."

“I just want you to have a good time on your birthday, that’s all.” Justin told me, his breath warm against my ear.

  

“Then let me go back to not dancing.” I told him.

  

“I don’t think so.” Justin said, his lips now right against my ear.

  

“Justin that’s my ear.” I told him as his lips actually pressed against my ear.

  

I gasped as his lips moved along my jaw, down to my neck, resting against my pulse point. I knew he was saying something since I could feel his lips moving against my neck. Alright this was crazy. I was either passed out on the floor of the bathroom and having drunken delusions or he was really drunk.

  

I pushed Justin away from me, which was quite a feat since he’s a lot stronger then I am and he was holding tight. I looked around Justin and could see JC standing at the edge of the floor. He was being bumped and jostled by people coming and going from the floor. I looked at him pleadingly and felt my heart drop to my stomach when he walked away.

  

“Justin, please stop.” I said, pushing at his chest. “I need to get some water.”

  

Justin looked down at me, and oh boy was he drunk. I’m not just saying that because I’m plastered off my tree, but I know what Justin looks like when he’s hit the booze too much, I’m usually the lucky one who has to take him home and throw him on his bed, take off his shoes and make sure that he won’t choke on his own vomit. Oh how I love my job.

  

“I think you need some too.” I muttered to myself.

  

“Come on Justin, let her go.” I heard JC shout over the music. “Let’s get you some water J.”

  

I took the opportunity to get away from both men and make my way to the bathroom. I groaned as I saw Liz hop of the speakers where she had been dancing. I stepped up to an empty sink, listening to the arguments and conversations of the women behind me. I heard a low moan from the stall behind me followed by a higher one and rolled my eyes. At least someone was getting a piece of ass on my birthday.

  

“So, you going to tell me what that was all about?” Liz asked as she entered the bathroom.

  

“Which part of it?”

  

“Well for starters, why you ran away.” Liz said, “Cause Lord knows that if I had Justin Timberlake make a meal out of my pulse point I sure as hell wouldn’t be pushing him away.”

  

“He was drunk Liz, he didn’t know what he was doing.”

  

Uh oh, Liz is giving me the look o’ doom. It’s the one that means she’s either going to be hoarse after this and I’ll be really mad at her or I’ll be kicking myself when I realize that she’s right.

  

I groaned as Liz grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bathroom and towards the back. Some of the bouncers smirked, thoroughly enjoying the fact that I could actually be ordered around.

  

“May I point out that you have had the opportunity of a lifetime handed to you today, then you have not one, but two of the most eligible bachelors of the world treating you on your birthday and showering you with attention and you’re having the biggest pity party of your life.”

  

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that Liz Hassain, Expert Guilt Tripper, has entered the building. Seriously, mothers could take lessons from this woman.

  

“You are in a position that most women, including myself, would kill to be in Robyne!” Liz said as I tried to tune her out, “Don’t throw it away because you’re insecure.”

  

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, congratulations Liz, you have just pissed me off.

  

“I don’t need this.” I snapped, shoving past her.

  

“Where are you going?”

  

“As far away from you and your perfect life as I can get right now.” I shouted back, practically kicking the door open.

  

I felt ill, and as much as I knew that Liz was just trying to look out for me, I really didn’t feel like listening to another one of her lectures. I was drunk, I was pissed off and all I wanted right now was my bed, unfortunately, Liz was my way home.

  

“You alright?”

  

I jumped as JC’s voice sounded in my ear. I hadn’t even realized that I had stopped just outside of the staff entrance since I was so busy ranting about things in my head.

  

“Could you help me get a cab?”

  

JC was studying me, and I couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing. “What happened?”

  

“Nothing, I’ve just had way too much to drink and it’s catching up with me.” I told him, it wasn’t exactly a lie, “And on top of that I just had a fight with Liz so I don’t really have any way of getting home.”

  

JC held out his hand, “Well I’ve arranged for Justin to get home, so I’ll catch a cab with you, I’ve had more to drink then I planned on it and I don’t want to risk getting into an accident or something.”

  

I nodded and took JC’s hand, at least I was so drunk that I didn’t get the tingles that I got almost every time I touched him. Of course being drunk allowed me to say things that I probably never would have had the balls to say to him if I was sober.

  

“Why don’t you just crash at my place, that way you won’t have to pay a small fortune to get home and I can bring you to your car tomorrow.”

  

Oh God, did I really just invite him back to my place? Say no JC, just say no.

  

“Sure that sounds awesome, let’s get out of here.”

  

Oh Murphy, one day I’ll hunt you down and either kill you or kiss you.

 

       



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles jc justin