Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay real life sucks...but I'm finally back on the writing track.

I'm conscious, I'm conscious, oh God I wish I was unconscious.  

My head is pounding, my mouth is dry and I'm shivering despite the warm blanket and the warm body beside me.  

Wait a minute.  

I glanced over my shoulder and saw that JC had quite happily wrapped himself around me. While normally I would practically be rejoicing over this, the fact that I could feel his legs pressed against mine, it made me completely panic.  

I lifted the blanket and looked down my body. I was wearing a tank top and a pair of underwear, my normal sleeping attire....when I sleep alone. Okay, I could deal with this, I just have to get out of bed and into some jogging pants or something and pray that he didn't see too much last night.

Step one was getting away from him without waking him up.

 

Second, find some pants; third, ogle JC while he sleeps. Okay yeah sure it's a cheap thrill and a little creepy, but honestly, can ya blame me?

 

I slid out of bed carefully; don't ask me why considering you can apparently jump on the bed and he doesn't notice unless he's bounced out. Hey I didn't do it; Trace and Justin apparently did back in the NSYNC days. I do have to admit the mental image of it makes me giggle.

 

Okay, fourth, I need my tooth brush to get rid of this old alcohol taste and then fifth will be coffee and breakfast.

 

I dug through my closet and found a pair of jogging pants, catching sight of my tattoo in the mirror. I really needed to get this one finished, but with working my two jobs it just wasn't possible.

 

"So that's where the other one is." JC's voice floated over to me.

 

Alright, I'll admit it; I may have slightly over reacted when I practically threw myself into my closet.  

I turned and looked at him and I literally had to catch myself from falling back into my closet. The man looked far too tempting.  

JC was leaning on one elbow, his eyes were still droopy from sleep, his hair was messed and he was shirtless. If he still had his long hair I would have been violating him in the most sensuous ways by now. Oh crap he's sitting up and his boxers are riding low...hello thumb slots.  

Okay, Robyne....cold...shower...now!!!  

"I gotta go shower." I squeaked out and practically ran for my bathroom. 

Think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts. Why does that never work the way you want it to? 

I started my shower, peeled off my clothes and jumped in before the water temperature dropped. Nothing like cold water to jar those thoughts from your brain. 

I showered quickly since being in almost freezing water wasn't feeling too good. Once I was done I quickly pulled my sweats and tank top back on and squeezed the moisture from my hair. The smell of coffee was drifting up from the kitchen and I could hear pots and pans banging together. I quickly put on some foundation and mascara and made my way down stairs.  

My eyes widened at the sight of JC wearing his jeans low on his hips, mixing something in a large bowl. It almost distracted me from the fact that my kitchen looked like a hurricane had hit it.  

"Should I prepare my self for a notice from the city telling me that my kitchen is condemned?" I asked.  

JC shot a glare at me, "Most people have their kitchen set up in very similar fashions. Yours is fucked."  

I smirked at him and nodded, "I planned it like that just to confuse you."   

In all actuality my kitchen has an obscene amount of cupboard space so everything I have is well spread out and in no particular order. For me it's fine since I know where everything is, but everyone else hates cooking in it unless I'm there to grab everything for them.  

"I hope you like waffles." JC said as he measured out some milk.  

"Love them." I told him, "Do you want me to take anything out for you?"  

"No it's fine."  

"It could take you several hours to actually make them." I pointed out.  

"Would you let me do this?" JC snapped playfully.  

"Fine!" I laughed, "You can't say I didn't warn you though." 

I hopped up onto my counter and watched him as he made the batter. I ran conversation possibilities through my head, each time deciding that they were stupid and opting to stay silent.   

The problem with that is that I have this horrible habit of playing with the little roll of my stomach when I get bored or nervous. Justin's caught me thousands of times poking or shaking it in my hands. I don't know how it started or why I do it, but it's something that I try to control in front of company because, really, no one needs to see that. Problem was I caught JC staring at me out of the corner of his eye and realized that I was currently drumming on it and nodding my head to a beat that was playing for my ears alone.  

"Sorry, habit." I muttered, dropping my hands.  

"Why don't you put some music on?" JC suggested, motioning to my I-Pod doc.  

I nodded and reached over to turn it on. "If any of your songs come on, it's not my fault."  

JC laughed and continued measuring out his ingredients, "Can I ask you something?"  

Oh God, I hope he doesn't ask me about that horrible habit of playing with my belly, "Sure."  

"I've been trying to figure out my set list, luckily when I changed record companies I was able to take all of my songs with me, but I don't know which ones I want in there from Schizo."  

Okay, I was not expecting that.  

"You want my opinion?"  

JC shrugged, "Why not? I just can't figure out which ones fans would want to hear the most."  

"Yeah, but my opinion might be different from the general consensus." I reminded him.  

"Just give me five songs and stop being difficult."  I had to laugh at that. Here JC Chasez was in my kitchen, demanding I pick five songs for him to perform and he was standing with his hands on his hips and his face was covered flour. I almost wish I had my camera on me.  

"Fine, come to me, All day long, 100 ways, some girls and everything you want."  

JC stared at me and blinked, "That was fast.”

I laughed, “You asked my opinion on it, so I gave it. Those are the songs that I would want to see you perform.”  

 

"Fair enough." He said, "Justin said that you've never seen either one of us perform before."  

 

 

"Well I saw you once when NSYNC was still together." I told him, "I met you guys back stage once with my cousin."  

 

 

"Right, I remember Chris getting all excited when you told him that you were the 'fan girl'."  

 

Yeah, you know those teeny-boppers that we all used to see at concerts? The ones that were crying so hysterically that you had to wonder if they were even enjoying themselves. Or how about the ones that at 11 years old they were in outfits, hairstyles and make up that should be on a nineteen year old? Yeah I have an impression of those girls.  

 

 

When I met the boys back when I was a young impressionable girl of 18 who got all worked up over little hip thrusts, I performed my little skit. Chris had loved it and when he spotted me doing it to Justin one night at the club he got all excited and asked if I had been the one from the celebrity tour that had done that to him in the dressing room. I was embarrassed that Chris would remember that, but Justin assured me that he hadn't stopped talking about it for weeks after I had done it and would burst into fits of hysterical laughter when ever he saw one of the mentioned girls backstage.  

 

Before I could say anything back to him my favourite song came through the speaker. I sighed, I couldn't help it, this song was morbidly romantic.  

 

JC's eyes shifted to look at me, "What was that for?"  

 

 

I shrugged and hummed along with the song, "I love the lyrics."  

 

JC stayed silent as the song played, "I don't think I've ever heard that song before."  

 

 

I had zoned out listening to my song and it took me a minute to process what he had said. "That doesn't surprise me. The band is from Finland, and they're not exactly your type of music."  

 

 

"It was a good song, really deep lyrics."  

 

 

"It's one of my favourites." I said softly, "I would kill to have a guy sing this to me."  

 

 

I felt my eyes practically pop from my head as I realized what I had said. I wonder if hitting me over the head with a sledge hammer would get that switch to work for me.   

 

Luckily JC said nothing and continued on with his waffle batter. Maybe for once Murphy was working in my favour.  

 

 

"I'll have to keep that in mind."

 

 

Then again, maybe not. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles jc justin