Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow I'm on a roll this month. I don't know maybe this chapter was inspired by a certain someone's b-day being tomorrow : D

Feedback is beloved. Enjoy!

It had been a long week of work for Kiki. Marissa was out of town visiting Trent’s family back in Denver so she had to teach extra classes all week. Thankfully her parents had offered to take Cheyenne for the weekend to give her a little break so she had a nice quiet house to herself for the next couple of days. Settling on the couch in the den with a bowl of popcorn, she started looking for a good movie to watch. Suddenly the phone started ringing and she wondered who the hell was calling her at 9 o’clock at night. She wasn’t about to pick it up though so she just waited until the answering machine did.

 

“Kiki its Justin. Answer the phone.” He paused to give her time to get to the phone, but to no avail. “Come on pick up.” The sound of his lips smacking echoed from the recording, “fine,” and he hung up.

 

Kiki knew that wasn’t the end of it and sure enough the phone started ringing again.

 

“Pick up the phone I know you’re in there all alone.”

 

She wasn’t going to put a finger on that phone, but she did respond to him. “How do you know what’s going on in my damn house?”

 

“Cheyenne’s with your parents tonight and you have the weekend off.” How the hell does he know my schedule, Kiki started. “You have no excuse and if you won’t pick up I’ll just come over. I have a key so you can’t keep me out.”

 

Picking up the phone finally, she exclaimed. “Just because I’m home doesn’t mean I don’t have plans to go out. I could be getting ready for a date for all you know.”

 

He snorted. “Yeah okay. Didn’t we have this conversation? I spoiled you for anyone else.”

 

At the reminder of that night, she snapped. “Fuck you Justin.”

 

He ignored her irritation and continued to tease. “Don’t tempt me baby.”

 

“What do you want?” She huffed.

 

“Why have you been avoiding me?”

 

“I haven’t been avoiding you. I talked to you on the phone a few days ago.”

 

That was a bold face lie, she had been avoiding him. Ever since Orlando and Atlanta she felt apprehensive about being around him. Things were too intense between them and they needed some space to get their heads together, especially Justin who was on a pointless mission to get back with her. No matter how many times he called, texted or emailed her, that was not going to happen. She figured eventually he’d get over it. Yeah right. Justin was the most persistent person she knew. The only thing her avoidance would do was piss him off and give him more drive to get what he wanted. Evidently, given the irritation is his voice as he called her bluff, he was at that point now.

 

“Yeah all you said was ‘hi’ and then you gave the phone to Cheyenne.”

 

“I was busy.” She fired back.

 

“Mmhmm. Well you’re not busy now so come over. I’m having a party.”

 

Due to scheduling he’d be on the road for the 4th of July, so he decided to throw an impromptu pre-game party. It had been a while since he hosted a party anyway and what better way to get Kiki in the same place as him?

 

She immediately shot him down. “No thanks.”

 

“She said no thanks ladies.” He called out to his co-conspirators in the background before flicking on the speaker phone and Kiki easily identified the responding voices.

 

“Oh fuck that Kik. You are free on a Friday night. Get your ass out of the house and come over here!” Tami yelled over the line.

 

“Yeah come on chica!” Eva tacked on.

 

“Don’t start turning into a boring stay at home mom who’s getting all dried up.” Maya spoke up and they all started cackling at her over the speaker.

 

“We’re gonna start call her Kik the Geek if she doesn’t come over.” Justin lamely taunted.

 

But the girls ran with it and collectively replied with a rousing chant of, “yeah.”

 

Growling and huffing, knowing they wouldn’t let up; Kiki gave in. “Fine I’ll be there in 30.” And she hung up not giving them the chance to respond. This was probably a bad decision, but shit peer pressure was still a bitch.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Reaching Justin’s house, Kiki had to go through the usual security at the community’s gate, but then the unexpected security at his private gate. However this new guard had been told by Justin to expect her arrival and to let her in immediately. It was VIP treatment that Kiki really wasn’t all over the moon about considering how bad of an idea she felt her presence here was. Still she kept driving right through the wooden gate and up the red brick laid drive.

 

It was apparent fairly quickly that this party was pretty big with the many cars parked on the street, on the side of the drive and in front of the house. At first she thought she had found the perfect excuse to turn around and go home. There was no place to park. But then she was flagged down by another member of the extra security detail Justin had hired. Again, when she gave her name, she was quickly told to head towards the garage. There she found another guy standing in front of the blocked off area. At the call of the first guard, he let her pass. Pulling into a spot, she notice all the cars parked here were very familiar and surmised this area had been set aside for her and their friends.

 

“Oh joy.” Kiki muttered to herself now that her last excuse to vacate was squashed.

 

She could see the backyard was hoppin’ so she walked to the front of the house hoping to avoid some of the crowd. She passed the two guards, thanking them, and then a couple of clusters of smokers hanging around the front steps. Ignoring their examining stares, she entered the house to see even more huddles of people in the foyer and the front rooms. Nothing drastic, but definitely plenty of people to give her enough of a task looking for her friends.

 

Starting in the dinning room which had been turned into a dance floor; dark lighting, a DJ and all, she did a quick sweep coming up empty. The den and sitting room were always closed off during parties, so she skipped to the entertainment room where she could make out a bunch of people lounging around. The flat screen was on despite the music playing throughout the house and the bar had a duo of bartenders serving up drinks. Again she found none of her friends, but she did notice a few famous faces mingling with friends of their own.

 

Her next promising stop was most likely the backyard but in light of how many people she glimpsed out there it would be pointless to even try so she opted to call someone. She was headed over to an empty spot near the staircase only to be bumped into a wall by a passing partier. At least she thought it was a wall until a set of hands stopped her from falling.

 

“Whoa ho Kik. You alright?”

 

She looked up to see she had really bumped into Lonnie and smiled, relieved to find a familiar face.

 

“Hey Lonnie.” Now that she had her footing right, she reached up to hug him welcomely. “Thanks for the save. On second floor guard shift?”

 

“You know it.” He replied. “Since I saw you looking lost before our collision, I’m guessing you don’t know where anyone is.”

 

“Not a clue.”

 

“They’re down in the game room. J’s been waiting for you, told us to keep an eye out for you, but don’t tell him I told you that.” He winked and she rolled her eyes.

 

“He’s hosting a party. Doesn’t he have better things to do than keeping tabs on me?” Lonnie chuckled. “Ugh. I better go before he sends you guys out to hunt me down.” She quipped. “Is everyone else down there?” One of her stipulations for coming tonight was never let herself be alone with Justin.

 

“Oh yeah everyone’s down there.”

 

“Cool beans. Hey, you’re not working all night are you?” When he responded “no,” she said. “Then come have a shot with me when you’re off duty.” She patted him on the shoulder as she started to move around him.

 

“You got a date.” He agreed and with a flash of a smile, she gave him a departing wave, making her way back towards the front of the house where the basement door was located.

 

The basement was like the entertainment hub of the house. Besides the two spare bedrooms with a connecting full bath, there was the game room and lounge, the home theater, a gym, and Justin’s personal Mecca, his studio. The game room was where she found another big chunk of people milling around. No surprise there since Justin and the guys was in the room. People were, of course, flocking around them, but then again there were a lot of things to do in the game room. There were four different tables “ poker, pool, foosball, and air hockey; video games “ a couple of racing cars, Pinball, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter, and a basketball shot alley. With the joint lounge that had a bar, high rise tables along the perimeter, and a semicircular sectional in front of a big screen that had every gaming system available to play, it was like being trapped in a male’s wet dream. Add in the hoochified girls prancing around and Kiki knew the guys were eating it up, in all likelihood acting like a bunch of high rollin’ pimps.

 

Well now that she was here, it was time to bust some balls and piss off some wannabe groupies, two of her favorite pass times.

 

First she needed a drink so she went to the bar and ordered an Appletini. Being drunk around Justin was never a good thing so she decided to take it easy tonight, not to mention she had to drive home later.

 

Drink in hand, she headed through the groups of people standing around and reaching a clearing, she found that two of the game tables were commandeered by her friends. With the exception of Marissa and Trent, Derek who was in New York for an AT conference and Rhea who had tagged along to visit Alex and Reed, everyone was there. She smiled with a mix of excitement that she usually felt whenever she was in for a fun night with friends, and relief to have plenty of people to play interference if necessary.

 

She had only taken a few steps towards the tables when she was spotted.

 

“It’s about time you showed up.” Eva called out as she straightened after taking a shot.

 

All heads turned in her direction and welcomings resounded from everyone as she weaved into the thick with a sarcastic smile. Out the corner of her eyes she saw Justin watching her so to spite him, she skipped the poker table and drifted to the pool table. She was sharing a hug with Bianca, Eva and Tami when Sage, sitting at the wall bar with JC, said.

 

“Time to get it started, our party girl has arrived. I knew you couldn’t resist.”

 

She snorted. “Like you all gave me a choice.” She glared at them and then over to Justin who was still watching her with a small pout on his face now. Without a doubt, he was mad that she was ignoring him and it was only a matter of time until he acted out because of it so she appeased him, but with plenty of attitude. “Hi Justin.” He grinned in delight and she rolled her eyes before cutely greeting the others at the table. “Hiya guys. Way to go My.” She complimented her sister, the only woman at the table who, taking in the stack of chips in front of her, was wiping the floor with the guys.

 

A new, but at the same time familiar voice answered back. “Hey Kiki.”

 

Since she had only scanned the table, assuming who else was there, she missed the two surprise guests.

 

“Oh my gawh Marty, P! Long time no see.” She walked right past Justin and gave both guys a hug. “It’s so good to see you. How have you been?”

 

Pharrell muttered a quick “good, good,” too involved in trying to win his money back, while Marty said. “I’ve been good, but uh shouldn’t we should be asking you that. A baby?” He arched his eyebrows at her.

 

Kiki playful scrunched her nose and said. “I know right. What was my dumbass thinking?”

 

“Oh I don’t know, maybe that you’re a golddigger and you got pregnant so you could milk Justin for everything he’s worth.” Trace joked with a smartass smirk as the guys laughed and Maya shot a chip at him.

 

Not at all phase, since it was the farthest thing from the truth, Kiki didn’t jump over the table. No one got angry actually if anything they put all their attention on the two, this was nothing but another round of the dozens for the duo.

 

Cocking her head to the side, Kiki squinted her eyes at him in a glare. “Shouldn’t you be in a tree somewhere making cookies, little man? And I mean that in more ways than one.”

 

Loud guffaws and cackles bellowed from the surrounding audience and as a newbie to Kiki’s viper tongue, Tim, both impressed and amused, exclaimed. “Damn.”

 

Kiki wasn’t done though and with a shrug, she followed through with, “and you wonder why I call you Tracey.”

 

His ego bruised by her taunts and the now boisterous laughter coming from their friends, Trace was getting heated, turning all red in the face. Kiki’s plastered with arrogance and triumph only got under his skin more, so he lashed back.

 

“You’re lucky I don’t hit girls. But it’s cool cause you talk so much shit one of these days somebody’s gonna beat your ass.”

 

Ignoring his sad comeback, she chose to just shut him down. “Oh don’t pout Juan. It’s not my fault you haven’t learned to keep you mouth shut around me. But I bet you won’t open it for the rest of the night, will ya?”

 

Watching them was hilarious, but seeing his best friend ire rise, Justin decided to step in and call the match before the playful taunting turned ugly. “Alright you two quit it. It’s done, this round goes to Kik.” He chuckled at Trace’s perturbed look and Kiki’s victorious giggling.

 

“Hey Kik, come play with us. We can team up.” Bianca called her back over to the pool table and the four girls started up a new game while the poker players got back into it.

 

Kiki was actually having a blast, playing around, chatting with everyone around her, but most importantly successfully ignoring Justin. And that was definitely a hard task to accomplish seeing as she could feel every one of his consistent bouts of staring. He was starting to get to her and it wasn’t long before she couldn’t stop herself from taking a few peeks herself. Whenever she was on the side of the table facing him and he wasn’t paying attention to her, she’d use the opportunity to check him out.

 

Unfortunately it only made the situation worse for Kiki. Instead of relieving some of the tension he was causing her, it intensified. For the first time since she got here, she really took note of what his appearance and “ oh God “ he was dress casually, but he still look incredibly good in just a pair of jean shorts, a slightly baggy vintage tee and some sneakers. But it wasn’t just what he was wearing, he always looked good in whatever he wore, it was the happy spirits he was obviously in that really got to her. He just looked so cute when he was happy even with that big goofy smile and loud ass cackle. Kiki couldn’t deny that, as with Cheyenne, his happiness always brightened things up for her.

 

After momentarily coming out of her daydreaming to take her turn, Kiki went back to watching Justin. She could hear bits and pieces of the conversation they were having at the other table and when she heard the barb her sister threw out at someone, she couldn’t control the big smile on her face as she watched Justin crack up and then dap fists with Maya.

 

Oh God, I’m hopeless. She whined dejectedly to herself. I love seeing him happy, I love being with him. My friends, my family like having him around even after everything that happened. He’s gorgeous and sweet and charming. He makes me laugh and smile. He absolutely adores our daughter. He loves me….He’s perfect for me…..

 

That last notion flashed through her, but something inside her revolved against it.

 

He’s not perfect. He hurt you and he could do it again.

 

Conflicting thoughts began to war within her, totally distracting her from the fact that she was in the middle of a game and staring at Justin. She was bounded to get caught, she knew that, but she couldn’t stop. Reality did eventually snapped back on her when Justin, the worse possibly candidate, was the one to catch her in her daze.

 

Prior to this, his focus was actually on his hand as opposed to Kiki for a change until he felt someone staring at him. He was going to ignoring it, thinking it was just one of the circling women in the room, but curiosity got the best of him and surprise, surprise Kiki was the culprit. Even better she had this dreamy little look on her face directed all on him. He would love to know what she was thinking. He’d bet it was something beneficial to his cause. Like maybe a hot little fantasy about us going upstairs and knockin’ my headboard off the frame, he thought lecherously. He sure as hell had no problem fulfilling that for her. Whatever the case may be, his plan was obviously working and he intended on collecting. Tonight.

 

Suddenly that dreamy look of Kiki’s faltered, to be replaced by an edge of confusion then panic as she realized she was caught and being watched too, by Justin of all people. Furthermore, when their eyes connected, she still couldn’t turn away despite that conceit ass smirk curling his lips.

 

Conceit turned to a deep smoldering glare and Kiki knew instantly that all her hard work over the past weeks was now moot. Once again she was trapped by Justin and the intense effect he had on her. Besides that, she knew now how big of a mistake coming here was and that it was probably too late to get out.

 

Justin could read her like a book and was elated inside knowing that this time he had her. No matter how much she obviously wanted to, she wasn’t going to run this time. Not unless she wanted to draw attention to them because he damn sure planned on going after her this time. Using this party as a trap was the perfect plan, all he had left to do was give her a little push and she’d fall.

 

In that moment, looking into Justin’s eyes, seeing that self assurance flare in him, Kiki knew exactly what he was going to do and acting on instinct, she lowered her cue stick, ready to drop it and bolt. But the trap was set and unbeknownst to them; Justin had helpers who stopped her.

 

“Kiki, hey Kiki. You can put your stick back on the rack. You lost.” Tami gloated.

 

“Huh? What?” Blinking her fog away, she looked over to her pouting partner.

 

“We lost.” Bianca lamented.

 

Nodding reflexively, Kiki muttered. “It’s okay.”

 

“Are you okay?” Eva asked. She seemed really out of it right now.

 

Realizing she was raising suspicions about herself, Kiki really pulled it together, enough to put on one of her beaming smiles that always worked as a good distraction. “Oh I’m good. I’m fine. A little tired, but whatever.” She moved over to the bar where her drink was sitting. She took a healthy swallow to calm her nerves before turning to face her friends, ready to play pretend again. “So this is a pretty big party. I didn’t expect all these people.”

 

Sitting next to her on a stool with Eva standing between his legs, her back leaning against his chest, JC shrugged. “J’s weird about his parties sometimes. He’s usually all about small intimate deals, but once and awhile he’ll throw these blow outs. I don’t get it.”

 

“Of course you don’t Mr. Antisocial.” Tami teased. “All I know is we’re all here so it’s bound to be a good time.” She proclaimed and clinked glasses with Bianca.

 

Very true, Kiki thought, other than a few of their own being absent, everyone else in the group was here ready to turn another one out…….

 

“Wait a minute, where’s Cameron?” She asked, noticing she wasn’t around as she scanned the room.

 

“She’s not here. I think Justin said she was in London or somewhere.  I don’t know.” JC answered nonchalantly before switching the topic of conversation between the quartet.

 

Kiki, on the other hand, was still stuck on this new disturbing development. Cameron was her last hope against Justin. She was still holding out for her to show up and completely foil Justin’s plan. Now her best option was to just stick close to her friends and make sure he didn’t catch her alone. Yeah, she could still have a good time hang out with their mutual friends and not have to alienate herself. Actually, she’d be damned if she let Justin ruin her fun. No, she was staying right here, she just wouldn’t give into him.

 

Her resolve solid, this time Kiki genuinely smiled and engaged in the conversation. “Oh well. It’s too bad she had to miss this.”

 

Generic “mmhmm”s and “yeah”s floated around the huddle before they returned to more interest-grabbing topics.

 

While chatting, Kiki finished off her drink and decided to get one more before she stuck to water for the rest of the night. She excused herself and headed for the bar, passing the poker table in the process. Next thing she knew a hand was wrapped around her wrist and she was being yanked back.

 

“Ey!” She yelped and turned around to see Justin grinning up at her. What timing he had, just when she was settling into her defense against him, there he was looking at her like she was his fantasy girl come to life, one he planned on making his own by any means necessary.

 

“What?” She said trying to sound impatient.

 

“Where you going?”

 

“To get a drink. Is that okay Daddy?” Shit! Bad word choice. She growled at herself.

 

Justin’s smug grin grew. “That’s fine baby as long as you get Daddy something too.”

 

She wasn’t about to let him start anything so she didn’t volley back a smart remark and just relented.

 

“Jack and Coke?”

 

He nodded and started stroking the inside of her wrist in an attempt to tease her even more, but Kiki managed to deflect him, twisting her arm out of his grip. She grinned down at him proudly and moved to strut away, but Tim stopped her.

 

“Hey can you get me another beer please Kiki?”

 

“Do I look like a waitress to you?” She retorted sassily. He recoiled, not expecting the attitude since he hadn’t done anything to her, but then she winked and he knew she was only kidding. “Just make sure I don’t come back to a cat fighting between you and Pharrell over Justin.” She cracked, he and Pharrell immediately frowned, and everyone else laughed out loud or catcalled. This time without interruption Kiki ambled away, giggling when she heard Pharrell howl, “yo! She seriously just played us” and Joey respond with a “welcome to the club gentlemen.”

 

At the bar, Kiki ordered the guys’ drinks before deciding on her own. She was originally planning on playing it safe, but she had friends around for cover and a ride, so she figured “what the hell”, it would help her relax anyway.

 

“So what will it be for you?” The bartender asked.

 

“A double Shirley Temple with Grey Goose.” The bartender gave her a dubious look and she snapped. “What?! I like them.” He put his hands up in surrender and went about making her drink.

 

Returning to the table and resting her drink on top, she passed Tim his beer then set Justin’s next to him. “Here you go.” Before she could make a move to walk away, he hooked his hand into her back pocket and pulled her down into his lap.

 

“Thank you.” He breathed into her ear while rubbing her thigh with his free hand, inching up her skirt.

 

“What number drink is this one Justin?” She tapped the side of the glass in question. “Maybe I should take it back.” His hand had traveled far enough and now he was nibbling on her earlobe. It was all feeling really good so she knew it had to stop. She grabbed his wandering hand and started wiggling out of his grasp. “Hands to yourself buddy. You got plenty of ready and willings around here for you to feel up.”

 

“Yeah but none of them got your ass Kik.” He slapped and grabbed it firmly as she was climbing out of his lap. He released her when she pounded him in the arm. “You know you like it.” He got a single finger salute to which made him laugh harder. “Time and place baby. Time and place.” He winked at her and went back to the game.

 

Fuming Kiki picked her drink back up, tempted to throw it on him and stomped over to the wall bar.

 

“Ok what was that all about?” Tami popped the question.

 

For that brief moment, Justin and Kiki had been the main event for all their friends. It was exactly what most of them had been suspicious of lately and they all shared glances while the two bickered. Something was definitely up, but had it gotten to a point where a little intervention was necessary? As a whole, the inner circle thought a reunion between Justin and Kiki would be great, but not without a lot of serious drama. Was it worth it, did they know what they were getting into?

 

“It was nothing. Just Justin being an ass.” Kiki answered vaguely while sipping her drink and glaring at him.

 

At the poker table, Justin’s face was all a glow especially since he could feel her eyes burning into him. But that smile wavered when Trace decided he had to make a comment.

 

Shaking his head, he said lowly, hoping only Justin would hear. “You need to leave that alone man.”

 

“Mind your business.” He snapped back in a growl. “Kiki’s my concern, not yours.”

 

Most of the conversation was heard by the others at the table and it was enough to hush any other comments. At least for the time being where Maya was concerned. She wanted to protect her baby sister from potentially making a major mistake with Justin, but at the same time she wasn’t positive how serious things were between them. Kiki hadn’t actually said anything to her or anyone else and she didn’t want to look like a paranoid meddler. For now she’d wait and see before she spoke up or made a move. She could only hope along with all the other bystanders that a big ol’ mess wasn’t fast approaching.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj