Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh wow, this is bittersweet for me to tell you guys, but the time is approaching…..There are only 3 more chapters of Spoiled left. I can’t believe it and I’m a little sad about it, but it’s been a great ride. I absolutely love and am so grateful for all the support you’ve all given me. Especially since this was my first fic ever. You guys have been awesome. Thank you so much! : *

Okay the end may be near, but its not here yet so as for this chapter, I just wanted to make some things about the time frame clear. Last chapter took place in like early to mid November 2006. In this chapter the beginning flashes back to October 2006 and then picks back up in the present “ December/January 2006.

This was one of my favorite chapters to write so I'd really like to know what you think of it. Enjoy!

All Hallows’ Eve

 

In the midst of all the changes in Justin, Kiki and Cheyenne’s lives, there were holidays that needed to be celebrated. The season was kicked off with Halloween and it was the first time Cheyenne would actually be participating. Kiki didn’t think she was old enough to trick or treat last year so they stayed home and passed out candy. This year Cheyenne would be getting candy of her own and she was so excited about finally getting the yell “trick or treat” like all the people said to her. She ever practiced with her mother the night before.

 

As opposed to the gated community and the apartment building they lived in, Justin and Kiki decided her parents’ neighborhood was the more ideal, not the mention safer, place to take Cheyenne trick or treating. Almost every house in the two block radius handed out candy and Kiki had known most of the people all her life.

 

Joining Nina and Frederick, Lynn and Paul came over to the house to see their grandbaby go trick or treating for the firs time. Boy, were they all surprised and fully amused at the sight of the trio in full costume.

 

Getting into the spirit and to appease Cheyenne’s request, Justin and Kiki were also dressed up to compliment the theme of her Dora the Explorer costume. With her hair straightened and wearing an exact replica of the outfit she wore, Cheyenne could easily pass for a longer haired version of the cartoon character.

 

Combining a pair of red Uggs, gray tights, a vintage washed skirt, a yellow tank top with a gray shrug over it and gray monkey ears and a tail, Kiki was clearly Dora’s trusted sidekick Boots. Sporting navy shorts, a cargo vest over a light blue tee and an orange messenger bag with a stuffed jaguar hanging out of it, Justin was none other than Dora’s cousin Diego.

 

“Oh my gosh, ya’ll are just the cutest things I have ever seen.” Lynn gushed upon seeing them at the door.

 

“Get in here right now so we can take pictures.” Nina ordered excitedly and the two mothers ushered them inside.

 

“Oh joy. I’m never living this one down.” Justin muttered to Kiki once Cheyenne was out of ear shot.

 

“Probably not.” Kiki teased. “But you love it.”

 

He shrugged. She was right. Not only was he reliving one of the best parts of his childhood, but Cheyenne was so thrilled about them dressing up with her. And regardless of how stupid he may look, making her happy was the only thing that mattered.

 

After a series of cute and funny pictures, the trio headed out to fill their bags with some candy.

 

Many in the neighborhood had lived in their houses since Kiki was little, so they all recognized her right off. Some of them even remembered Cheyenne when she was an infant and fawned over how big she had gotten. Now when it came to Justin and his introduction to her life long neighbors, they all got that “ah ha” look on their faces.

 

At the time Kiki was the talk of the block when she showed up pregnant with no father for her baby and then again when it was revealed that the mystery father was a celebrity.

 

Oblivious to the adult melodrama around her, Cheyenne was having the time of her little life. Being the chocolate addict that she was, every time her bookbag got fuller and fuller, she got giddier and giddier. Her parents were being even goofier though. They both had bags of candy, but they were still arguing over each other’s and stealing. They better not steal any of hers.

 

“She is not keeping all of that candy.” Kiki commented to Justin as they watched Cheyenne run up to the next house with a group of kids also trick or treating in the area. “We’re hiding at least half of it.”

 

“Yeah.” Justin agreed weakly.

 

She leered at him. “Don’t even think about sneaking her any extra candy.” He was notorious for spoiling Cheyenne with sweets behind her back.

 

“Fine.” He huffed at being caught scheming in his head. “I call first dibs on all her extra Butterfingers and Sweetarts then.”

 

Kiki inhaled sharply, outraged by his underhandedness. “That’s not fair.”

 

He shrugged. “You snooze, you lose.”

 

Growling, she thrust her hand into the open pocket of his bag and pulled out a handful of candy before he could stop her. “Right back at ya.” She taunted him.

 

He lunged at her and the two began a tug of war over the candy.

 

“Stop fighting!” Cheyenne yelled at her parents when she found them with their arms all tangled up, trying to get the upper hand. “You have to share.” She ordered, pointing her little finger with one hand, the other propped on her hip.

 

Surrounding them, the other parents were either looking at the scene pitifully or humorously.

 

Straightening up, yanking whatever candy they could from each other, they composed themselves back into their supposed adult roles.

 

“You’re right baby. We’re sorry.” Justin amended.

 

“Good cause you don’t want to go to time out.” She warned as if she’d had the experience before and in no way enjoyed it.

 

At the next house and from that point on, Justin and Kiki played nice. But then again, that was just the battle; the war was later tonight when they got home.

 

Once they cleared two blocks, Kiki made the call to head back home. Cheyenne had more than enough candy and it was getting late. They got back to find that Nina and Lynn had cooked dinner. Everyone sat together to eat and when they were done, the table was cleared so Justin and Kiki could go through Cheyenne’s candy. When it was all deemed safe, she was allowed a few pieces before bed. Since Justin and Kiki were going to the Halloween party that Pharrell was hosting at Villa, Cheyenne was staying with Nina and Frederick for the night. So she finished her candy, Kiki gave her a bath and from all the excitement, she was fast asleep the minute her head hit the pillow in her mother’s old bedroom.

 

Getting back to Justin’s place, he and Kiki had just enough time to change into their alternate costumes. Sticking with the cartoon theme, they had decided to go to the party as their own version of GI Joes.

 

“Ya know, my Barbie was always a Ken kind of girl, but if GI Joe looked anything like you, she would have dropped his punk ass a long time ago.” Kiki said as she leaned against the bathroom doorway watching Justin put a fake GI Joe tattoo on his bare upper arm.

 

Smirking, he turned around and getting a good head to toe look at her, he replied. “Well I can tell you this GI Joe would definitely enjoy having you keeping him warm out in the trenches.” Pleased by the response, Kiki sauntered over to him ready to show her appreciation until he blew it. “And Barbie waiting to give me a nice welcome home.”

 

Scowling, she whipped one of the toy 9 mms out of her thigh holster and stuck it under his chin. “Hey! You go anywhere near that plastic bimbo and I’ll take your kneecaps out.”

 

“Mmm.” He hummed and ran his hands down her body to sensuously squeeze her hips. “Ma’am, yes Ma’am.” He mumbled huskily.

 

Easing the gun down to her side, she grabbed the dog tags around his neck and pulled him down until their lips were almost touching. “Very good Private.” She breathed and they crashed their lips together.

 

Eventually untangling themselves from the heated kiss, Justin proposed. “So are you gonna be my superior tonight and order me around?”

 

She jumped at the chance. “Hell yeah. Now hurry up and finished dressing Timberlake.” She ordered with a slap on his butt.

 

“Ooh. Ma’am, yes Ma’am.” He replied suggestively and wiggled his butt back at her.

 

Kiki laughed out loud, “you are such a freak,” and went back into the bedroom to finish getting ready herself.

 

In the end, Justin’s whole look was made up of a tight black wife beater, baggy fatigues, combat boots and he accessorized with the dog tags, aviator glasses, and the fake tattoo. Kiki’s get up consisted of a razorback army green tank, fatigue short shorts, a fatigue cap, combat boots, dog tags and a fake tat as well. Furthermore, they both were packing “ Justin had 2 two 9 mm in a shoulder holster and Kiki had her 9s strapped to her thighs “ ala Lara Croft. They were lethal force to be reckoned with as they stepped out that Halloween night.

 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 

This Christmas

 

Since Cheyenne’s birth, if everyone was in town for Thanksgiving and Christmas, they all spent at least one of those holiday dinners together. The parentals of their bunch always hosted both events at their house and this year was Lynn and Paul’s turn.

 

Thanksgiving was fairly small and quiet since the non-locals went home to visit their families, taking their significant other with them. Christmas on the other hand was being anticipated as the main event with more people planning on coming into town to visit rather than leaving. Although, above all the others, no one was looking forward to a great Christmas more than Justin, Kiki and Cheyenne.

 

This would be their first Christmas together and not in a hospital coping with a heartbreaking crisis. Being the child out of the three of them, one would assume Cheyenne was the most anxious, but Justin’s excitement had hers beat. As with all the holidays this year, he was experiencing Christmas in a whole different perspective; that of a parent and it made the celebration more special.

 

He was introduced, first, to the wonderful world of decorating the house with Kiki and Cheyenne, including picking out their Christmas tree as opposed to having someone else do it. They were both traditions of Kiki and Cheyenne’s, started during Kiki’s childhood and carried on into Cheyenne’s. He was honored to be a part of it now.

 

“This is fun.” He said to Kiki as they strung white lights around the tree.

 

“What? Decorating?” She asked standing on her knees below him.

 

“Decorating….Just being a dad.” He’d never really thought about how freeing and innocent it could be being a parent in moments like this. “I like it.”

 

Kiki smiled up at his, understanding the ease he was feeling when you stepped into the innocent world of your child.

 

“Mommy, can we put the popsicles on the tree now?”

 

Both her parents chuckled at her mix up and Kiki answered. “We have to put the bulbs and your ornaments up first.”

 

She gushed excitedly. “Daddy you get to put your nornament on the tree.”

 

In addition to a monogrammed stocking to go up on the fireplace mantle with theirs, Kiki and Cheyenne also got Justin a matching name ornament in his favorite color. When they presented the two items to him plus the fact that this time a year ago, he had just come back into their lives, it was like they’d come full circle. Their family was finally together and they’d never let anything pull them apart again.

 

“You gonna help me?” Justin asked her.

 

“Sho you right.” She cheekily responded.

 

Justin darted a taunting look at Kiki and through that cackling laugh of his, he proclaimed. “Ha ha! She said it again.”

 

Kiki rolled her eyes. Much to her chagrin, he’d been teaching Cheyenne to answer questions with that saying because for some reason he found it amusing. She was definitely going to have to deprogram her baby.

 

“That’s my girl. You get a brownie for that one. Come on.”

 

“I beat you.” Cheyenne challenged and took off towards the kitchen. Her father was right on her heels.

 

Despite the shake of her head over how silly that pair of hers could be, Kiki smiled as she listened to their loud and happy laughter echoing through the house.

 

After Justin and Cheyenne finished making a mess while competing to see who could throw the most tinsel on their side of the tree the fastest, the three of them had pizza and wings for dinner and settled down to partake in another Christmas tradition “ watching The Grinch That Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

In addition to old traditions, Justin and Kiki decided to start a new one “ a Christmas house party. They planned and sent out invites to all their friends for the party the weekend before the actual holiday. The night of, Lynn and Paul were at the house, hanging out before they took Cheyenne home with them until tomorrow.

 

Holding onto the rail Cheyenne hurried down the stairs after retrieving the almost forgotten Duke, crazy excited about sleeping over at her grandparents’ house. She didn’t even say bye to her parents as she skipped over to the door and moved to open it.

 

“Hey, don’t me and Daddy get a goodbye hug or kiss or something?” Kiki asked incredulously.

 

She huffed, very reminiscent of her mother. “Mom-mmy. I haf to go to Nonnie and Pop Pop’s house now.”

 

“Alright then go ahead and ditch us without a goodbye.” Kiki guilted her and it worked. Cheyenne walked back to her parents, bent her head back, squeezed her eyes shut and pursed her lips. Kiki leaned down to kiss her. “Thank you.”

 

She turned to Justin and gave him a kiss too. “Muwah. Be good.”

 

“I will.” She went back to the door as Paul opened it for her, sending a last goodbye to the couple.

 

Chuckling at her granddaughter’s antics, Lynn said. “You guys have fun.” She kissed her son and Kiki on the cheek before following her companions for the night out to the car.

 

Already dressed, Kiki and Justin pit patted around the house, making sure last minute things were in order. It wasn’t long before the caterers showed up to drop off the finger foods. They were soon followed by the bartenders and lastly the DJ. While they were all setting up, as usual, their circle of friends started trickling in before the party was to start.

 

This year, Alex and Reed were spending Christmas in LA with Alex’s family, stay with Tami and Joey, so they were front and center to help kick off this new tradition for the holiday festivities.  Especially seeing as back in the day, with Kiki being the ringleader, they used to throw some pretty good house parties when Nima and Freddy were out of town.

 

Their circle of friend also expanded a little on this night when Rachel arrived with her new boyfriend, Jake. He meshed in well with them, of course with the exception of an overprotective Justin. Kiki kept him in check though, making sure he didn’t try to intimidate Jake too much. But Jake held his over just fine and it earned him Justin’s respect.

 

While the music and bars were being set up, the group hung out in the kitchen talking; some of them even picking at the food.

 

“The next person who eats anything off that counter is going to get smacked.” Kiki warned.

 

“You’re first party and you’re already shooting for hostess of the year. Nice job Kik.” Trent teased.

 

“Shut up.” She casually shot back.

 

“Aaw baby don’t be grumpy.” Justin cooed and came up to hug her from behind. “Look what I got. I’ll make it all better.” He said holding a sprig of mistletoe over their heads.

 

“I’m not grumpy and I don’t want to kiss you.” She arched away from him, but he continued his pursuit.

 

“You always wanna kiss me. Now come here.” Shaking her head, Kiki mushed his face away until he licked her palm and she yanked her hand back in disgust. “Okay fine, what if I put it here.” He tucked the mistletoe in his belt, grinning like an idiot.

 

Joey, JC and Trace stood on the across the room giggling like a bunch of idiots. Kiki looked at them suspiciously and then back at Justin, particularly, the lusty haze in his eyes. Suddenly she knew why they were acting so goofy, trying to eat up all the food and what they were up to while she was giving Alex and Reed a tour of the house.

 

“You fuckin’ potheads. Ya’ll were outside smoking weren’t you?” With the exception of Eva, Bianca, Rachel, Rhea and Jake they all were completely fried.

 

“Mad cause we didn’t save you any?” Maya teased.

 

“Oh yeah I’m totally jealous that your head’s gonna feel like it’s about to explode tomorrow morning.” Kiki said saucily, reminding her sister of the hangover pot gave her.

 

Maya pouted when that realization made it through her cloudy mind. “Why didn’t one of you stop me?” She berated Sage and Tami, and stomped over to the fridge to get some water.

 

“If you don’t get that mistletoe away from me.” Kiki warned Justin.

 

“It’s a tradition Baby Doll. Now give me a kiss.” He demanded.

 

“Get away.” She squealed and hopped off her seat on the stool to put some space between them.

 

It didn’t deter Justin, instead it provoked him to take chase. Kiki could see that in his eyes and booked it out of the room, giggling the whole way. He caught her right as her foot hit the first step on the front stairs.

 

Whipping her around, he held her in a bear hug and growled. “Give me my kiss.” He dove in for the kill and this time she didn’t fight him and simply basked in the pleasure. That was until the ringing of the doorbell interrupted them.

 

Justin pulled away and with playful wide eyes, he gasped. “Our first guest is here.”

 

“Yeah and you look fucked up.” She taunted in a sing song.

 

“So what?” He volleyed back in the same melodic tone. “Go answer the door.” He pushed her back and strolled to the side hall where the front guest bathroom was to splash some water in his face.

 

Kiki answered the door and found that Kevin and his wife Chase were their first guests. It was like opening the floodgates after that. Friends and their guests started pouring in and the party was on.

 

With practically everyone boozed up and the carefree-ness of a private house party, inhibitions were way down and some good ol’ old school fun was had by all. At one point, the Soul Train line was busted out on the dance floor. The first go around everyone brought their A-game, but the second round was pure silliness. The Worm, Re-run imitations, the Butterfly, Roger Rabbit, the Kid N Play, you name it, someone did it down the line.

 

Things got even better when the karaoke machine was fired up.

 

“Hello. Helloooo.” Kiki tapped the wind screen on the mic a few times, but she barely got a response from the room. The DJ had cut the music, but the people were socializing so loud it made up the difference. Raising her voice she tried again. “Hey! You’re hostess is talking damn it! Pay attention!” All head whipped towards her and the talking dimmed all the way to a peep. “Good. That’s more like it. Now where was I?” Her Santa hat, that had been placed there who knows when by who knows who, drooped to the side. Giggling, she pushed it back up to sit on the crown of her head. “Oh right. Are you guys having a good time?!” She shouted, wearing a perky smile.

 

There was a boisterous collective response and out of the corner of the room where a lot of their circle was stationed, she heard Joey yell.

 

“Boo get off the stage!”

 

“Hey hey.” She pointed unsteadily out to the crowd. “Shut the hell up. It’s Christmas time. Don’t make me get violent and kick your ass all the way back to the manger Joseph.” They snarled at each other as the room laughed and catcalled some more. “Now as I was saying “ I’m in a very festive mood, more importantly, I am very drunk so I’m going to do something that I normally wouldn’t do in front of the likes of you people.”

 

“You people? What the hell do you mean ‘you people’?” Derek jokingly barked.

 

Kiki flipped him the bird and continued her speech.

 

“But to hell with it, it is Christmas. All I ask is that my chicas come up here and help me out.”

 

“Oh hell yeah.” Marissa drunkenly hollered and grabbing Bianca, they bounced up to the make-shift stage, quickly followed by the other three ladies.

 

As Justin watched Kiki sway over to the karaoke machine to start it up, he grinned thinking he’d finally get to see her shed her inhibitions and sing in front of an audience.

 

Getting in a huddle, Kiki let the girls in on her song selection and they all let out a titter of agreement. They turned back to the crowd to encircle the second mic stand and taking the lead, Kiki stood in the middle, her mic and the remote in her hands, ready to queue the music.

 

“Ok you guys ready?”

 

“Yeah! Take it off!” Someone yelled out.

 

Smiles dropped of all the girls’ faces and they scowled out at the crowd. Maya spotted Trace laughing and get props from some of the people around him and she grabbed the mic.

 

“Keep dreamin’, Hermy the Elf.”

 

“Hey! Stop picking on my boyfriend.” Bianca butted in. “I love you baby.” She blew him a kiss.

 

“Excuse me. Can you all pay attention so we can do this.” Kiki snapped, ready to kick them all off her stage and do this herself.

 

“Wait! Me and Evie have something to say.” Tami announced with Eva standing beside her. They looked at each other and giggled madly before they started singing and bopping their head to the silent beat.

 

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas

 

At this point the rest of the girls had caught on and they all finished it off with:

 

Happy Holidays!

 

They barely got through the line before being consumed by their laughing and it was so fierce that a couple of them almost toppled over. Their audience was also in a roar over the whole act.

 

JC, Joey and Justin were reluctantly amused, by now, used to the girls ragging on them about their boy band days.

 

“That was awesome ladies.” Kiki complimented as she, Tami and Eva slapped five. “Now that’s enough. Let’s do our thang please.” She called for order and when they all were composed, she pressed play on the remote.

 

The classic “ding, ding, ding” of the beginning melody sounded through the speakers and as the lyrics popped on the bottom of the TV screen, Kiki started off with a solo.

 

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true...
All I want for Christmas
Is you...

 

The girls joined in and even though most of them didn’t have the best singing voices, as a group, they sounded pretty good.

 

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you...
You baby

 

Sticking close to the mics, they danced around, waving and calling their guys closer to the stage. Said guys were eating up the attention each of the girls personally put on them. The most theatrical of the bunch was Joey and Tami, with Joey’s high pitched girly scream of “I love you Tami!”

 

Justin was the quietest viewer, but his stare was intense and focused on Kiki alone. Watching her dance in front of an audience was one thing, but seeing her perform like this was so enthralling. She definitely had stage presence all around. If only she wasn’t so chicken shit about using her voice and didn’t need liquid courage to get up there.

 

The girls finished their set to a standing ovation, loud whistling and clapping. They each curtsied and beamed under the praise.

 

Once things quieted down enough for him to be heard, JC spoke up. “Ladies you already got us. That means we can take back all your gifts right?” He grinned devilishly with all the guys surrounding him, egging him on.

 

But he was quickly shut down with a joint resounding shout of, “NO!!!”

 

A few more acts hit the stage after them, but the girls definitely stole the show for the night.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

It was well pass 3 AM when the party came to an end and with the exception of their circle of friends, all of Justin and Kiki’s guests went home. Having everyone tell them how much fun they had on their way out, solidified the night as a success and guaranteed a next year for the new tradition.

 

Not staying too much longer, Marissa and Trent, Derek and Rhea, and then JC and Eva were the next the leave since each couple had at least one person sober enough the drive. Everyone else, on the other hand, was way too wasted and had found some place in the house to crash for the night.

 

Only slightly buzzed, but completely exhausted Kiki managed to complete her hosting duties and saw JC and Eva out, the last two to leave. Locking up behind them, she turned back to the foyer to see that it thankfully hadn’t been trashed. In fact most of the house was in pretty good shape. The kitchen was the only real disaster area, but some their friends had helped her make it presentable. A cleaning crew was scheduled to come through tomorrow afternoon and give the whole place a thorough scrub down.

 

Going through the first floor turning off all the lights, Kiki bumped into Lonnie and Eric who were on their way out after securing the property. Thanking them and saying goodnight, Kiki headed down to the basement, the last place she saw Justin.

 

She found him and Sage in the game room, wide wake in front of the TV, playing GTA. Maya was on the adjacent love seat, completely knocked out. Kiki decided to follow in her sister’s footsteps and take a little nap herself until they were finished. She climbed on the couch next to Justin and squeezed herself between him and the back cushion. With her legs cradling his body, she laid on his back, let out a yawn and got comfortable with her head pillowed between his shoulder blades.

 

Justin barely noticed until the game ended and he felt the warmth of her body on him. “Hey baby.” He cooed and rubbed the outside of her thighs. She didn’t answer and glancing back he saw that she was gone.

 

Next to him, Sage let out a loud yawn and stretched. “Shit it’s late. I better get us out of here.”

 

“You know you guys can stay right?” Justin offered.

 

“Nah. Thanks though. I got a shoot early tomorrow.” He answered while gathering up his girlfriend.

 

“On a fuckin’ Sunday?”

 

“Some bored, rich housewife who has nothing better to do with herself.” H shrugged. “I charge double for Sunday shoots so I’m not complaining.” He laughed and headed to the stairs.

 

Justin shut down the game room, picked Kiki up and followed him up.

 

Passing the entertainment room, he chuckled to himself and shook his head pitifully at het sight on one of the couches. Apparently Joey and Tami hadn’t made it upstairs to a guest room because she was passed out on his chest as he laid sprawled out snoring loudly.

 

Reaching the door, Sage realized her couldn’t open it with the hold he had on Maya. “Screw it. Don’t tell her I did this.” He lowered her for a minute before tossing her over his shoulder. “Better.” Both men chuckled at how she just flopped into place, staying dead to the world the entire time. With his hands free now, Sage opened the front door and stepped out on the porch. “Okay man, I’ll catch you later this week at your Mom’s.”

 

“Yeah you two have a good night and drive safe.”

 

“Peace.” He said and closed the front door behind him.

 

The sound of the closing door woke Kiki a bit and Justin used the opportunity to put her down for a minute. “Baby stand up for a sec I gotta lock up.”

 

Her feet were steady on the ground, but all her body weight was leaning on him in her half conscious state. He kept one arm around her as he locked the door and set the alarm.

 

“Alright baby, let’s go to bed.”

 

He scooped her back up in his arms and carried her off to bed.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

The next morning Kiki was the first to wake and after cleaning up, she went downstairs to start on breakfast for everyone. To her pleasant surprise, she got half way down the steps and smelt someone already cooking. Walking into the kitchen she found Alex and Reed moving around the room making breakfast; Bianca and Tami sitting at the table drinking coffee and chatting with them.

 

“Good morning all.” She said, passing into the room.

 

They all turned their attention to the entryway and cheerfully greeted her.

 

“Hey there Mariah.” Alex teased.

 

Kiki rolled her eyes. “Don’t start, it’s too early.” She approached the island counter and found fixings for what looked like a buffet’s worth of food. “You know you two are guests, you didn’t have to cook.” She reminded them, despite being grateful the job was taken out of her hands. She had enough hosting last night.

 

Alex and Reed blew her off and went back to cooking. Getting a cup of coffee, Kiki joined the girls at the kitchen table.

 

“How ya feeling this morning?” Bianca asked.

 

Swallowing her mouthful, she said. “I’m fine. How about you?”

 

“Well considering we’re the only ones awake. I think were all pretty good.” Bianca responded.

 

“I think it’s the guys and Rachel we should worry about.” Tami added.

 

Kiki scooped some more sugar into her coffee and said. “Rachel’s not here.”

 

“I thought I saw her go to the pool house last night.” Tami furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

 

Kiki shrugged. “She might have, but she went back to her place cause she’s going home for Christmas and her flight was early this morning.”

 

“So no in-laws in town this year?” Reed quipped.

 

“After Christmas.” Kiki said, clearly relieved over the reprieve of not having to house at least a few of them until after the big day.

 

“Ugh.” Trace groaned as he stumbled into the room, straight to the empty chair next to his girlfriend where he miserably dropped his head into her lap.

 

“Aw honey.” Bianca cooed and petted him. “I told you not to mix Jack and beer.”

 

Tami snorted. “Stupid.”

 

“Fuck you.” He mumbled back.

 

Chortling, Kiki got up to go to the junk drawer and pulled out a bottle of Ibuprofen.

 

“What’s this? A hangover Baby Doll? You turned into a lightweight?” Justin said in mocking outrage upon stepping down the back stairs next to her. Joey suddenly appearing in the doorway on the other side of her, almost scaring her to death.

 

“Not me.” She pointed out his best friend across the room.

 

“Yo what up T!” Joey bellowed and he and Justin cracked up laughing when they saw him flinch in pain. After all these years, terrorizing a hungover Trace was still fun.

 

“You guys are so mean. You’re just mad he’s not an alcoholic and can’t drink himself stupid like you two.” Bianca playfully chided them while catching the bottle of med Kiki tossed at her.

 

“Exactly.” Kiki agreed and walking past Justin, she was quickly pulled back for a good morning kiss. Separating herself from him, she headed back to her seat, stopping to grab some water from the fridge. Trace was now sitting up in his chair, his head buried in his crossed arms on the table. “Drink up.” She suggested and placed the bottle in front of him next to the two pills Bianca had put out.

 

“You’re such a mom, Kik.” Reed stated and she playful nodded to his expected recognition.

 

“Okay grubs up.” Alex announced and everyone standing flocked to the table, bringing a platter of food with them.

 

Grace was said and with the exception of Trace, who didn’t think he could keep anything down, they all dug in.

 

As they ate, they talked about any and everything, but hear Bianca mention the marathon her “crazy” brother was running in for the New Year, Kiki was reminded of something.

 

“Oh before I forget.” She got up from her seat and went back to the side stand, grabbing a stack of papers on top, placing them in the middle of the kitchen table. “Everyone take one. You can donate something and/or plan on participating.”

 

Earlier this month at Cheyenne’s oncology appointment, Dr. Sabine told them about the annual St. Jude fundraising walk. They quickly decided to participate. It was a cause that they unfortunately knew too well, but luckily they could count their daughter as a survivor and they wouldn’t pass up the chance to help those who were still fighting.

 

Reading the heading on the forms, everyone eagerly took one.

 

Trace came out of his burrow again and squinting as he looked at the form, he asked. “When’s the walk?”

 

“February 5th.” Justin replied. “So clear your schedules as soon as you can.”

 

Without hesitation they all made plans to do just that.

 

“I can’t believe it’s almost been a year.” Alex mused.

 

For a moment they all went silent as they thought about how time hadn’t changed how deeply Cheyenne’s illness still affected them. Thankfully before anyone could get too caught up in the bad memories, Joey brought light back into the room.

 

“We havin’ a party?” He grinned knowingly.

 

“Hells yeah man.” Justin exclaimed and everyone laughed.

 

This “anniversary” of Cheyenne’s recovery was not going to be a time to mope. Justin and Kiki were determined to always spend it celebrating their daughter’s resilience and the blessing of still having her here with them.

 

With her baby on her mind, Kiki looked up at the wall clock and decided that stealing Cheyenne away from her grandparents a little earlier than planned wouldn’t be that bad. Dropping her used napkin into her empty plate, she retorted. “Well people it’s been a peach, but I have someone better to hang with today.”

 

“Like who?” Alex ticked his neck at her.

 

“None other than Ms. Cheyenne Timberlake.”

 

“Aww. Are you guys gonna have a Mmommy/daughter day?” Tami asked.

 

“Mmhmm. We’re going to go get our hair done, mannies and peds, go to the museum and then have lunch.” Not only was she feeling particularly clingy with her baby lately considering everything, but it had been awhile since they had a day together, just the two of them.

 

“You guys are so cute.” Bianca complimented. “I can’t wait to have a baby girl of my own that I can pamper like that.”

 

“You’re gonna be waiting awhile cause I ain’t havin’ any kids anytime soon.” Trace made clear to her.

 

Eying him up and down, she sassed. “When did I say you would be my baby’s daddy?’

 

Trace shot a glare at her as everyone laughed at them.

 

Kiki got up from her seat to put her plate in the sink and Justin grabbed the hem of her t-shirt before she could get too far. “How about I cook dinner for you guys?” He offered, in the mood for spoiling his girls when they got home.

 

“Oh that’d be nice.” She smiled and bent to give his a kiss. She then disappeared up the stairs to shower and change. On her way out the house, she sent out a quick goodbye to everyone as she passed through the kitchen, hopped in her car and headed over to Lynn and Paul’s.

 

The day went on to become all about Cheyenne. After having a great time with her mommy, she came home and got to go swimming with her daddy. Later, she and Kiki were treated to a full service dinner from Justin on the deck. It was the perfect end to the perfect weekend.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“Daddy, you ready? I got the milk and cookies.” Cheyenne announced, carefully carrying a plate of the fresh baked cookies they made for Santa. Kiki was walking behind her carrying the glass of milk.

 

“Yeah I think it looks pretty good.” Justin said in reference to the bowl of carrots he was assigned to set out for Rudolph and the other reindeers.

 

Putting the plate down at the bottom fireplace, Cheyenne inspected his work and deemed it a “good job.”

 

“I’d say you’re all set kiddo. You got your cookies and milk, carrots and your thank you letter to Santa.” Kiki noted as she and Justin looked over the set up Cheyenne created for Ol’ St. Nick.

 

This whole process of making treats and helping her write a letter was so weird since it was essentially all for them.

 

“Hey what do you think you’re doing?” Justin exclaimed and jumped into action, scooping Cheyenne up when she tried to climb into the fireplace.

 

Looking up at her father over her shoulder, Cheyenne asked. “How Santa fit in there? He fat.”

 

Her parents laughed and Justin explained. “He has magical powers that help him slide down the chimney. Little pixies like you don’t have those types of powers though, so don’t even think about trying to get up there.” He playfully minded her and gave her an Eskimo kiss.

 

“You know what else Santa can do? He can tell when good little boys and girls are sleeping so he can put their presents under the tree.” Kiki hinted. It was bedtime for Cheyenne. She needed plenty of sleep for the long day tomorrow, plus she and Justin had to get to work setting out her gifts.

 

Cheyenne’s eyes widened and she began to squirm in her father’s arms. “Daddy put me down. I haf to go to sleep.”

 

He sat her on the ground and she moved to take off, but hesitated and looked up at her parents precociously. “I still get a story right?”

 

Justin laughed out loud and Kiki could only sigh amusedly. She was just too cute some times.

 

“Yes you do. Now get your little booty up those stairs.” Kiki told her and when she turned to head out of the room, Justin lightly kicked her bottom. She squealed in delight and raced up to her bedroom, making noise the entire way.

 

“Your kid’s nuts Kik.” Justin said as they both started after their child.

 

“I’m sorry, but that little bundle of crazy is courtesy of the Timberlake genes, not the Lewis’s.” She jabbed and he tried to hip check her, but missed, making Kiki laugh tauntingly.

 

Midway through her story, Cheyenne was out like a light. Quiet and stealthily, Justin and Kiki crept back down to the den to play Santa.

 

Munching on one of the cookies while looking over the rest of the treats, Justin asked. “Do we really have to eat all this?”

 

Finished bringing the wrapping supplies out of the closet, Kiki puffed. “No. Put the carrots back in the fridge, the cookies in the jar and dump the milk. She’ll never know the difference.”

 

Shock and awe on his face, Justin surmised. “That’s how are parents pulled it off isn’t it?”

 

“Yup. Now come on, let’s go get her stuff from the guest house.” They had started hiding her gifts there just in case she turned out to be a little peeker. “We only have a few more things to wrap and put together, but she’ll be up at the crack of dawn.”

 

Justin frowned, finishing another cookie and followed her out the patio door. “Yeah right. Cheyenne likes to sleep too much.”

 

How wrong he was……….

 

“Merry Christmas!!” Cheyenne yelled as she jumped on their bed, giggling and having a ball.

 

“Oh God you were right.” Justin groaned painfully. It felt like they’d just gone to bed.

 

“Yup.” Kiki yawned, slowly waking herself up.

 

He whined and pouted, flopping back under the comforter. Cheyenne wasn’t having that though.

 

“Come on Mommy and Daddy. You have to get up now.” She stopped jumping and dropped down on the bed, pulling at the bedding to coax her parents up.

 

“What time is it?” Justin asked Kiki.

 

“Time to open presents.” Cheyenne squealed.

 

“You heard her.” Kiki answered and warily climbed out of bed.

 

“Uhh. Five more minutes.” Justin begged.

 

“No more minutes.” Cheyenne crawled up to the head of the bed and started digging through the burrow he had made under the covers.

 

At that point he was reluctantly awake and just laying in wait for her to get closer. Once she was in reaching distance, he pounced, grabbing her and tickling her like crazy.

 

Leaving them to play fight, Kiki went to take advantage of the free bathroom. Coming back, she saw that they were still at it and cracked up when Cheyenne clothes-lined Justin.

 

She pinned him and started counting. “1, 2, 3! I win.” She cheered and climbed to her feet to celebrate.

 

“Alright John Cena. Come go potty and brush your teeth.”

 

Before she could launch herself off the edge of the bed and possibly break her neck, Justin grabbed her arm and gently lowered her to the floor. When she disappeared into the bathroom with Kiki, he collapsed back down on his pillow to get a few more minutes of sleep in.

 

When everyone was out of bed and fresh faced, they headed down to the den. Leading the way, Cheyenne pried the French sliding doors open and when she saw all the gifts waiting for her under the tree, her little jaw practically unhinged itself. Her parents could see she was clearly overwhelmed and couldn’t decide where to start.

 

“How about you go see what’s in your stocking first?” Kiki suggested.

 

Just like that Cheyenne was off and she didn’t come up for air until she was half way through her presents. And that was only because her parents made her take a break for a little gift giving and to have a chance to exchange gifts themselves. During which Kiki hesitated before opening her first boxed present from Justin and gave him a suspicious eye.

 

“You can open that box later tonight when we’re upstairs alone baby.” Justin teased, knowing exactly what she was thinking about. Giggling Kiki proceeded to open her gifts from him.

 

By the end of the unveil, Cheyenne had enough new toys, clothes, books and puzzles, and movies to keep her entertained for quite some time. Both Kiki and Justin had some new bling to show off and an array of other sweet and thoughtful gifts from each other. After all the trash was picked up and the den put into some semblance of order, Justin and Kiki both passed out on the couch while Cheyenne watched one of her movies and played with her new toys.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Later in the day, they arrived at Lynn and Paul’s, bags in hand for the Secret Santa gift exchange before dinner. Once everyone was at the house, they all convened in the living room to start the exchange. Despite not always drawing each other’s names, Kiki and Tami still gave one another a gift every year. A gag gift.

 

“Wait. Hold up.” Maya stopped Tami before she could open her gift first. “You two have to open them at the same time.”

 

“She showed you what she got me too?” Tami questioned.

 

Maya nodded giddily. “And I’ve been dying for this moment so the both of you hurry up and open them.”

 

Simultaneously, the two unwrapped their packages. As soon as they recognized what they had, they busted out laughing, leaning into each other as tears of hilarity fell from their eyes.

 

“Oh my gawh. This is the best Christmas ever!” Kiki exclaimed. “We are so having a movie night.”

 

“What is it?” Eva asked, just as curious and anxious to be let in on the joke as everyone else.

 

“Show everyone.” Maya cajoled having set her camera to video mode. This moment was going to be priceless.

 

With wide grins, the girls held up their presents for all to see. It was quiet as they all read the titles of the DVDs and soundtracks. When it sunk in, laughter exploded in the room.

 

“You two are bad.” Lynn giggled.

 

In one of Kiki’s hands, she held a DVD and soundtrack of Model Behavior. Tami held the DVD and soundtrack to On the Line in hers.

 

“Two classic gems of cinema. How luck we are.” Tami quipped and Kiki snickered.

 

“Oh man am I glad I never did one of those movies.” JC managed through his chuckling that he still was trying to get under control.

 

“Dude there’s like years worth of Mickey Mouse Club footage of you online.” Maya teasingly reminded and he butted her shoulder with his foot.

 

“That’s it!” Joey barked suddenly. “You’re both getting cut off.” He was sick of being the butt of the joke with these two.

 

“Ey man! Speak for yourself.” Justin defended. “I’d rather have her watch that shit on a loop.”

 

Laughter continued to fill the room while Kiki and Tami ignored their boyfriends as they went about examining their gifts, giggling like teenyboppers over this favorite *NSync member.

 

The exchange ended with Cheyenne being the biggest receiver, of course, collecting another stockpile of gifts. A lot of them would have to go back to their respective givers’ houses for when she visited because their house was about ready to overflow with toys and such.

 

Dinner was the best as Christmas dinner always was and after helping with the clean up, everyone went home to enjoy the rest of the holiday night with their own families.

 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 

Felices Año Nuevo

 

“5…4…3…2…1. Happy New Years!” Justin, Kiki and Cheyenne cheered together as they sat on the floor watching the ball in Time Square drop for 2007.

 

“Kisses.” Cheyenne shouted and they all took turns give each other celebratory pecks.

 

In the middle of their passionate kiss, Justin and Kiki’s attention was pulled away to watch Cheyenne running around yelling Happy New Years. She galloped around the den in a wide circle with her New Years hat on and a noise maker. Sitting back, they contently watched their daughter celebrate.

 

First the first time in years, the two of them had decided to stay in for New Years’ Eve. Both passing off invites to parties and suggestion to through a party themselves in favor of a quiet night at home. There was always next year and the truth of the matter was that they just wanted to be alone with each other. Some might say they were turning into two boring old fogies, but so what. This was the time for new beginnings and new memories with the people that meant the most to them in the world.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Song Credits:

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays: *NSync

All I Want For Christmas: Mariah Carey



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj