Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone!! Well thank you for the reviews...I'm so glad you're all still enjoying this story!! Thank you for sticking with me! I hope you like the new update and please keep the reviews coming!! Have a good one!!
________________________________________________________________
I miss him…

Ok, I said it…I admit it…I miss Justin freaking Timberlake…

That’s sick right?

I don’t know how it happened…

But I miss his incessant phone calls, unexpected visits and annoying questions…I haven’t had any kind of contact with him since the arrival of Jessica last week. Other than seeing him at the fashion show, he has been completely MIA around the tour. I suppose I understand the reason for his absence, he hasn’t seen Jessica in almost a month. So who can really blame him? Besides he doesn’t owe me anything…I guess I just got used to having him around and now that he’s not…well, I sort of miss the goober.

Speaking of the fashion show, the performance went great. Marty and Justin really worked hard on transitioning between My Love and SexyBack and everyone seemed to be rocking out with all of us. That’s the true test of a performance anyways, how well the crowd responds to it. So on that aspect, it was a complete success. But on the other hand, if I never have to be at a fashion how ever again in my life…I’ll be ok with that. For one, I don’t care about fashion trends and making sure my clothes are current. I’m sure most of those designers would have a heart attack knowing my wardrobe centers around jeans and hoodies and that’s about it. Oh well, I don’t really care. Secondly, I have never been surrounded by so many fake people in one area, all just kissing each other’s asses and then talking smack the minute they were out of ear shot. It was nauseating.

Justin spent a majority of the night being that ass-kisser as well. Since Trace was not at the show, Justin had the honor of schmoozing the big execs for his new clothing line. I think most of the people were in awe that Justin Timberlake is actually a designer that cares about his work. He’s not just another celebrity to attach his name to a bunch of random products. So I didn’t even hear anyone bash him all night long. I suppose that’s a good thing for him but seeing the business side of his life made me appreciate the real Justin more. I mean to me, he’s the guy who wears rip-aways on his days off and would rather lounge around playing video games than put on a suit and tie to attend some cocktail party. In fact, that’s the guy I miss now…

Thankfully now that the fashion show is done, I can just focus on the tour and enjoy my favorite time of year. Today is opening kickoff for the National Football League. Oh yes, I’m the biggest football fan, you’ll ever meet. Even though dancing is my passion, football definitely comes in a close second. There’s nothing better than sitting in front of the TV on a Sunday afternoon watching the action-packed games.

Besides, this year I have a vested interest in the Green Bay Packers now that Brett Favre’s pansy ass decided to join the New York Jets. I mean seriously, the Pack gave him his start and now he’s just going to jump ship on his home team…that’s just wrong. So I am proudly sporting my new white, green and gold Greg Jennings jersey in honor of my team and I plan to plant my ass in front of the hotel’s big screen TV for the rest of the day.

Grabbing my cell phone, I open my hotel room door and step out into the hallway. Latching the door behind me, I make my way down the hall and catch an elevator to the first floor. The doors part and I quickly make a sharp left, heading in the direction of one of the TV rooms. My steps are almost immediately halted when I hear my name being called.

“Addison…wait up…”

I spin around and catch sight of Justin jogging towards me.

“I’m glad I found you…” Justin says with a hint of excitement in his voice, as he comes to stand in front of me. “I like your jersey…85 huh…that’s Jennings, right?”

I let a crooked smile overtake my face at his knowledge about the Pack. “Yeah, I have to support my team today.”

“I thought you were a die hard Brett Favre fan?” He asks as his head tilts slightly to the right.

“Oh I am, but after all of that crap with Thompson, McCarthy and Favre…I think it’s only fitting to be supporting the true players for the Packers now.”

Justin lets out a chuckle at my explanation. “I never knew you were that big of a Packer fan.”

I shrug my shoulders and shift my weight. “Yeah…I guess I am.”

“Well then I’m glad I caught you…I rented the penthouse for everyone to get together and watch the games. A bunch of people are already up there hanging out but I came to find you.”

“Oh…” I can feel my body practically being pulled in two directions. Part of me wants to be there because it’s opening kickoff…the other part…oh screw it. This is the best damn day of the fall. “Yeah, let’s go…”

Justin’s face practically lights up and he starts to lead the way back towards the elevator. He quickly darts through the doors and pulls me in behind him. The silence swiftly takes over the small room and I realize how long it’s been since I’ve actually spent any time with Justin. I glance sideways, letting my eyes wander up his body from his white puma’s, loose fitting faded jeans, the black belt around his waist up to the tucked in baby blue San Diego Chargers, LaDainian Tomlinson, jersey.

Justin notices my wandering eyes and smiles crookedly at me. “Are you checking me out Addi?”

The heat floods all the way from my toes up to my cheeks at his question because I realize that was exactly what I was doing. “Oh please, you wish I was checking you out…” I try to deny and divert the attention away from the obvious.

A hearty chuckle escapes his lips just as the elevator dings and the doors open. “Whatever you say Addison…”

Immediately, I’m hit with hollering, clapping and cheering from practically the entire crew all packed into the penthouse. There’s a table set up with a hundred different appetizers and coolers packed full of beer. The centerpiece of the entire room is the gigantic flat screen that has the pre-game show already playing. Already lined with people, the couches are plush full of different colored jerseys and a few footballs being tossed around.

Justin returns quickly with a couple beers and hands me one. “Thanks.”

“No problem…let’s grab a spot…” Justin leads the way to an open couch and sits down. I follow behind and tuck myself into the opposite corner while my eyes immediately attach to the TV with the mention of the upcoming Packer/Viking game. This is a monumental game for the Packers…it is Aaron Rodgers first chance to prove he can lead the Pack to the Super Bowl.

My attention is completely diverted to the pre-game show that I don’t even realize Justin has been analyzing my face the entire time since we’ve sat down. Suddenly, a laugh breaks through my concentration and I peer over my beer at him.

“What?” I ask as my eyebrows lift in confusion.

Justin smiles broadly at me before he crosses his leg casually over the other. “I just never knew you were such a die hard fan of football…in fact, most girls would rather be out shopping than sitting at home watching the games. I don’t think I’ve ever known any girl who shares my enthusiasm for football

“Oh trust me, there’s nothing that would keep me from watching the games. I’ve never understood why people don’t enjoy football…the hits, the deep passes, the touchdowns…it’s so exciting. What can I say? I love it…”

“Well, you’ve just become my favorite person to hang out with on Sunday’s…” Justin states matter-of-factly.

I tuck my legs up underneath me as I turn my body towards him. “Doesn’t Jessica like to watch football?”

Justin’s face tightens slightly at my comment and I realize maybe it’s not a good topic to talk about. “Nah, in fact she’s out shopping as we speak. There’s no way she would sit here and watch the football games with me.”

A frown plays across my face at that fact. “I’m sorry, that sucks…”

Justin tries to brush off it off before answering. “Yeah, well what can you do? I guess, I’ve just gotten used to it…”

Suddenly, the cheers roar over the TV and everyone around us has found a spot on the surrounding couches and chairs as the Packer game gets ready for kick off. “Oh, it’s starting…I swear to God, if Aaron Rodgers blows this game…I’m heading straight to Lambeau field to give Ted Thompson a piece of my mind.”

Justin’s laugh echoes through the room at my words and a true smile overtakes his face. “Oh, I’m sure he’d be really scared of you, Addison..”

Even though it makes me feel like a two year old, I stick my tongue out at Justin and let my eyes focus back on the game. Did I mention another reason why I love football so much? The player’s butts in those pants!!!

________________________________________________________________________

“OH COME ON REF!!!! THAT’S A BULLSHIT CALL!!!!!” Addison yells at the TV and everyone’s eyes shift towards her. I just laugh at the picture she makes…I’ve never seen a girl get so involved in the game. Her outbursts have been getting louder as the game nears a close and the Packers are just barely holding onto the lead.

One of her knees is pulled up to her chest and her body is leaning closer to the TV. Her eyes are completely glued to the action that’s unfolding with only two minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Suddenly, Aaron Rodgers unloads a deep ball down the right side line and into the wide open arms of Greg Jennings. Addison pops straight up onto her feet, her arms stretched above her head. “GO, GO, GOOOO!!!” She’s yelling at the TV and everyone’s cheering just as wildly. The room erupts into a sea of clapping hands and Addison is practically exploding out of her skin in enthusiasm.

“DID YOU SEE THAT?” She yells over to me.

“Yeah…that was an awesome throw!!”

“Take that Brett Favre…Aaron Rodgers is the man!!!” She exclaims and with that touchdown, the Packers have secured their first win of the season.

“You’re something else, you know that right?” I tell her.

A look of skepticism flows over her face and a timid smile pulls at her lips. “Uhh…thanks, I think.”

“It’s not bad…I just think you’re hilarious when you watch the Packers…in fact, we have a date every Sunday from here on out to watch the games together. You provide enough entertainment that I don’t even have to pay attention to the game to know what’s going on.”

“Well, I’m glad I amuse you Mr. Timberlake…” She teases and takes another sip of her beer.

Suddenly, a sharp ring from my cell cuts through the room and I reach into my pocket to grab it. “Hey Jess…how’s the shopping going?” I ask and Addison quickly excuses herself to get another drink. A couple seconds later, Addison returns with two beers and hands me one as I flip my phone closed.

“Thanks for the beer, but I actually have to head out…Jess just got back from shopping and we’re going to hang out before I take her to the airport tonight.”

“Oh, all right.” Addison says.

“Well, it’s been…interesting to say the least…I’ll see you tomorrow though for the show…” I say as I make my way around the couch back towards the door. I slap hands with Marty on my way out and he quickly claims my spot next to Addison on the couch.

Addison shifts her weight and leans back. “Yeah, definitely…thanks for the room, the beer and food…”

I wave it off as no big deal and reach for the door. “I’ll talk to you later…have a good time everyone…” I yell over the TV and a chorus of thank-you’s fill the room.

Before I walk through the door, Addison catches my eye one last time and smiles brightly. And for the first time it's not forced, but of genuine happiness…


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story