Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone!! Wow, thank you all sooo much for reading and reviewing. I'm so excited you're all enjoying this story as much as I am. I have another update in the works so I hope you enjoy this one and please keep the reviews coming!! I love to read the feedback!! Have a good night!!
The bass pumps through the speakers strategically placed on the walls surrounding the small room; causing the mirrors to vibrate slightly at the pulsating sound and I can feel my body start to move to the beat. The music flows through my limbs and soon my legs are gliding across the floor. As the tempo increases, my movements start to run together before abruptly stopping and switching into a popping routine.

The lyrics fill the room and I find myself becoming more charged up by the song. I’ve taken this song very literal and it’s sort of been my anthem before I head out on tour. Every morning before getting on the buses, I will head to the studio and dance all by myself to “All or Nothing” by Athena Cage. This song helped me get through some of the worst times in my life and always reminds me that I made it here on my own. It gives me an inner strength and helps me prepare for each new journey.

The song starts to fade into the background before I fall to the floor in a heap. My breathing is labored and a thin layer of sweat has started to form on my forehead. I let myself just lie there taking it all in when my phone starts to ring. I have no idea why anyone would be calling right now, I’m not late and I still have an hour before the buses leave. Crawling towards my bag, I open it and answer the annoying sound.

“Hello?”

“Hi…I’m looking for Addison Miller.” A strong, masculine voice bellows into the phone.

A hint of confusion flashes across my face before I answer, “This is she.”

“Hi Addison…my name’s Johnny Wright and I’m one of Justin Timberlake’s tour managers. I hear you’re getting ready to head out on Christina’s tour…”

“Yeah…actually I’m heading to the buses right now.” I say as I gather my belongings up and start to walk for the door.

“Well, I’m glad I caught you…listen the reason I’m calling was we have an opening on Justin’s tour. One of our dancers recently got injured and we’re looking to fill it as soon as possible. We’re wondering if you’d be interested.”

“Umm…” I say while zipping up my sweatshirt. “I appreciate the offer but I don’t think I can.” I explain while getting into my car and heading towards the busses. There are definitely two reasons why I’d rather not join Justin’s tour. One, I’ve already signed up to be on Christina’s and I’d royally fuck them over if I backed out the night the tour started. Two, Justin and I have a bit of a past…you see I went to middle school with Justin back in Memphis and the last thing I need to do is head back down that path. I enjoy my anonymity out here in Los Angeles and I’d like to keep it that way.

“I understand your hesitation, especially being that you’re about to start a tour tonight. But we’d be willing to accommodate the schedule and let you work for Christina while you learn the choreography for Justin’s tour. Also because it is short notice, there’s the possibility of a bonus for coming on board.” Johnny persuades and he’s definitely got my attention with the bonus talk but the thought of being on Justin’s tour is enough to make me hurl.

“I’m flattered but I already have a tour. Thank you.” I say as I pull up to where the buses are being loaded.

“All right…well Addison, please keep this opportunity in mind. If you change your mind, please give me a call back. We’d really love to have you on board.”

“Thanks again Mr. Wright…have a good tour.” I say before closing my phone and pushing it into my pocket. That was probably one of the weirdest conversations I’ve ever had. I mean, I am literally an hour away from leaving Los Angeles to start touring with Christina and he wants me to jump ship…just like that. It definitely takes balls to try and recruit other artists’ dancers and I can respect that.

________________________________________________________________________

Johnny called me last night, saying he’d found a dancer with a vast amount of experience in the business but that she was about to join Christina’s tour. I’d be surprised if Johnny’s able to convince her to join my tour because from what I’ve heard no one treats their dancers better than Christina. I told him to give her a call and see what he could come up with; I wasn’t surprised when he told me she had turned him down. Oh well, the search continues.

Speaking of dancers, I’m actually on my way to the studio right now. Being that Krystal broke her ankle last week, we need to re-organize the show for the time being until we find a replacement. I’m not really looking forward to re-vamping the show because it’s hard enough to remember all the choreography and placements on stage as it is; now we’re switching it up again and it gets extremely confusing. I really wouldn’t be surprised if I completely botch the first show back.

Walking into the studio, clad in a pair of navy rip away’s and a white t-shirt, I’m immediately greeted by my choreographer Marty. Knowing him, he’s been at the studio for a couple hours already going through new routines. Don’t get me wrong I love the guy and he’s a great choreographer but sometimes he needs to take a break.

“Justin…how are ya feeling?” He asks before coming up and shaking my hand.

“I’m well…how have you been man?” I ask.

“Busy…” He responds. “Did Johnny talk to you about a replacement for Krystal?”

“Yeah, he called earlier and gave me the update…I hope we can find someone of Krystal’s caliber and soon.”

“Same here…I have a few people in mind and we’ll see what I can come up with. But I’m going to give my buddy Jon a call and see if he has any options for me too. He’s been working on some big tours lately…”

“That sounds good…” I say while nodding towards my other dancers who have started to filter into the room.

“Well, we should probably get going…we have a lot to cover in the next couple of hours…” Marty says to me but also loud enough for everyone else to hear. I guess the small talk is over and it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty.

_______________________________________________________________________

Two hours, twenty-one minutes and some odd seconds, I’ve been cramped up on this bus with 3 other girls. Honestly, I’ve been sitting with my iPod on trying to block out their immature and idiotic conversations about shopping, boyfriends and what it’s like to be working for Christina Aguilera. I’m so over these conversations…I’ve been touring for the last five years and even though I love it; I’m not going to bow down and kiss the artists’ feet for the opportunity. They need the dancers just as much as we need the tours so really who owes who?

I shift uncomfortably in my seat and stare out the window at the scenery flying by. The conversation from earlier continues to replay in my mind. Even though I already told Johnny I wasn’t interested, I’m still weighing the options. I’d be able to stay on Christina’s tour while they found a replacement for me but I’d have the option of earning more money and who knows maybe I won’t be stuck in a small bus with three other annoying girls.

“Addison…come on. Take your iPod off and hang out with us…” Brooke pleads, as she sits next to me on the couch.

I put on a fake smile and prepare for the familiar talk. “No thanks…I’m not in the mood.” I respond, hoping they will just drop it.

“We’ve been rehearsing for this tour for over a month now and I still don’t know anything about you other than your name’s Addison Miller and you’re twenty-three years old.” I feel the eye roll coming on and I do my best to suppress it. Every tour, I go through the same bull shit. I’m so tired of it, why don’t people just stop and think that maybe I’m not a sociable, out-going girl. I like my alone time and I don’t need to change who I am to be well liked by the other dancers.

Standing up from the couch, I turn to walk back towards the bunks. “I’m going to take a nap before the show tonight…” I announce, completely ignoring Brooke’s request. The other girls turn to look at me but barely even acknowledge my departure, not that I even wanted them too. At least, I’ll get away from the prying eyes and questions for a little while.

Crawling into my bunk, I pull out a Nicholas Sparks book and allow myself to get wrapped up in the story. It wasn’t long before sleep came and covered my entire body. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do because it’s a time I’ve never been chastised for who I am. But since all good things come to an end, I was awoken by the jerking of the bus as it pulled into the arena. Stashing my belongings into my bag, I emerge from my bunk and head towards the front. As I open the doors, I realize all of the other dancers have already departed from the bus and I walk out by myself.

I’m not even halfway towards the arena doors when someone calling my name, halts my movement. Turning around, I see our choreographer Jon running towards me.

“Addison…I’m glad I caught you…”

“Hey Jon…” I say, trying to muster up the same encouragement. I guess that little nap took a bigger toll on me than I previously thought.

Jon begins to fall into step next to me and a slight nervousness starts to pool in my stomach. “I heard Johnny called you…” He says as we walk towards the doors.

“Who?” I ask when the name doesn’t draw up any connections and then suddenly I remember the call from this morning. “Oh, Mr. Wright…”

Jon laughs slightly at my confusions before continuing, “Yeah…Johnny Wright.”

“How’d you know?” I ask when I remember that I never told anyone.

“My friend Marty called about an hour ago asking about you. Marty is the choreographer on Justin’s tour and he wanted to know what I thought of you and whether I’d be willing to let you leave Christina’s tour for his.”

Jon opens the door to the backstage area and we walk further down the twisty hallways. “I already told Mr. Wright that I wasn’t interested…” I affirm.

“I know, but I’d really recommend that you think this over Addison. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’d hate to lose you because you’ve been the most consistent dancer I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. But Justin’s tour is considerably bigger and you’d gain a hell of a lot more exposure being one of his dancers. I really think it’d be a great opportunity for you…so take some time and really think it over. I’d love for you to stay but I understand either way.” Jon insists before we part ways.

I stand in the hallway a little while, recalling our conversation and now I’m even more confused than I was before. I want to be on Christina’s tour but part of me screams that I’m passing up a major opportunity to further my career. However, it suddenly clicks and I understand why I’m so hesitant to switch tours. It has nothing to do with loyalty to Christina, the other dancers or even Jon. It has everything to do with the headliner himself, Justin Timberlake.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story