Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone! First, thank you all so much for your reviews. You have no idea how much I appreciate them and I'm so glad you're enjoying this story. Second, I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been really busy lately with work, holidays, wedding stuff...crazyness. But good news...here's another update and I hope to get another one out soon! Hope you enjoy it and please keep the reviews coming!! Thank you all!!!
I’ve been at the studio for almost a half hour now, warming up and running through the choreography without Justin. That ass thinks he’s always going to be here before me…ha, I’ll show him what’s up. He challenged me last night and I wasn’t about to turn it down, it’s the competitive side of me coming out.

We’ve been rehearsing everyday since I agreed to join his tour and we’re almost done with all the choreography. We’re planning on running through the last two songs today and then I’ll join the rest of his dancers for a full dress rehearsal. I’m not going to lie and say I’m totally comfortable with all of this because I am the new girl coming into an already well established group but that hasn’t stopped me before. I have a lot to prove and I’m ready to put it all on the line to show these people I’m worth all this extra effort.

Suddenly, the door opens and in walks a ragged looking Justin. He gives me a nod and throws his Nike bag on the floor. Discarding his sweatshirt, he quickly laces his shoes up and walks towards me. The bags under his eyes are frightening and his eyes are almost completely bloodshot.

“Whoa…you look like hell!” I say when he gets close to me.

A small smile plays across his lips. “Thanks Addison…” He responds sarcastically.

“Well you do…if you looked up raccoon eyes in the dictionary, your picture would be there. Not to mention your hair…did you even shower this morning Justin?”

“You really know how to make a guy feel good.” He says with a hint of playfulness to his voice.

“Sorry.” I say while shrugging my shoulders. “I just wasn’t expecting you to come here looking like that. Is everything all right?” I ask. Now, I’m not one to get involved in anyone’s business because I hate it when people shove their nose in mine. I just feel like maybe it’s the polite thing to ask.

“Yeah, I’m fine…just a late night.”

“All right…well I’ll have you know, I did beat your ass here today. In case you forgot, you’re a half hour late.” I point out.

“Yeah whatever…everyone’s entitled to a day off. So you ready to get these last few songs done?” Justin asks while stretching out his arms.

“Yeah.” I say as I clear all my things off the floor and slide my bag over next to his.

“All right, let’s go over Summer Love.” Justin says before starting to run through the opening of the song. “This number relies heavily on the interaction between you and I. Everyone starts on the top level of the stage and then we branch off as the song moves along.” Justin explains and starts to go over the choreography.
I know I give Justin a hard time but when it comes to learning his choreography I give him my full attention. As a dancer it’s important to prove you’re ability to master choreography and quickly. So when it’s time to get serious…I can turn that switch on immediately.

“All right…you got that?” He asks after going through the first half of the song.

“Yeah, I’m good.” I say while pulling my hair up and putting it in a messy bun on top of my head.

“Ok the next part is…umm…going to be a little weird at first but understand that it’s all a show.”

I give him a weird look and nod for him to continue. Why did he get shy all of a sudden?

“When I sing “we could have some fun” you’re actually suppose to lick my finger.” Justin says nervously as he runs his hand across the back of his neck.

I feel my mouth practically fall open. What the fuck?

“It’s all for show Addison…” He quickly explains before I interrupt him.

“You’re fucking crazy Justin if you think I’m putting your fingers anywhere near my mouth or any other part of my body.”

Justin smiles slightly before explaining there’s more. “There’s a part after that, which umm you’re completely bent over and I come up behind you and…”

I put my hand up to stop him. I seriously don’t need a detailed play by play anymore. “You’re insane if you think I’m going to let you molest me on stage. Justin that’s fucking creepy.

“Addison…” He calls out. “I understand your hesitations. Trust me I’ll do whatever you need to make you feel more comfortable.” He says trying to ease my uncertainties.

I feel a blush start to creep into my cheeks and a laugh escapes my lips. “You owe me big time, Justin. First, I bail you out and join your tour and now I’m going to let you feel me up on stage in front of tens of thousands of people each night.”

Justin laughs loudly at my outburst. “I’m not feeling you up Addison. It’s just a part of the song. We’re both professionals and we’ll keep it on that level.

“Remember that Justin…cause I swear I will break your hand off if you try and cop a feel anywhere else.”

He shakes his head at me before we start to practice the infamous moves. Do I really need to explain how awkward it is to have your boss’s fingers in your mouth and act like you’re having sex with him? I mean seriously, if he was trying to rattle me…he’s definitely done it.

________________________________________________________________________

I’m not going to lie and say that I haven’t gotten a little bit of enjoyment out of watching Addison squirm today. She’s always very well put together and doesn’t like to let anyone see her flustered so this change in attitude is fun for me.

After getting through the initial awkwardness, she put a smile on her face and the performer came out in her. I promised her I wouldn’t tease her or make it anymore weird than it already was; so for her benefit I let it go.

But we’ve been cramped up in the studio for hours now and we’re both practically soaking wet from head to toe. Surprisingly, it’s only been five days since we started the choreography and I’ve gone through almost everything with Addison. We’re way ahead of schedule. She still has a week before she technically will join my tour and only two more shows with Christina.

Deciding to call it a day, I turn the music off and start to gather all of my stuff. Addison follows suit, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her neck. I turn around and walk towards her, when I notice she’s busy checking something on her cell phone. A sour expression crosses her features before she shuts her phone and jams it in her pocket.

“Everything ok?” I ask as I throw my sweatshirt on.

“Don’t worry about it…listen, I need to go.” She says while slipping her bag over her shoulder and flipping her hoodie up over her head, shielding herself from my view.

“All right…well that’s really all the choreography that we needed to go over one-on-one. The next step is pulling it all together with everyone else.”

“OK…just call me later and we’ll work everything out for next week. I really need to go though, Justin.” She explains before walking towards the door.

“Wait up…” I call out and jog to catch up to her. “What’s the hurry?”

“I told you…nothing, don’t worry about it. I’ll catch ya later.” Addison says before turning out the door and practically running back towards the hotel. Whatever message she just read on her phone must’ve been something serious because I’ve never seen someone bolt like that.

Figuring it’d be best to let her be, I pull out my phone and dial the familiar numbers for Jessica. I’ll call Addison later, but for now I’m more concerned with my sexy brunette on the other line.
________________________________________________________________________

I don’t really even know why that stupid text message made me so upset. My mom or maybe I should say my adoptive mother, sends them practically every day and normally I just erase them. But today for some reason it hit me differently. I’m chalking it up to the fact that I’m a little worn down and my guards are a little lower. I didn’t want Justin to see me that way and that’s why I left the minute I felt the tears stinging the back of my eyes.

Why is it those three little words cut me so deep? “I Love You.” I don’t even understand the meaning of them. What does it mean to love somebody anyways? Because the people who “love” me have lied to me continually for most of my life and now I question if I’ve ever even felt love.

Drying myself off from my shower, I slip my sweatpants on and throw a big California State sweatshirt over my head. I snuggle into its warmth and slip on a pair of shoes. Knowing the rest of Christina’s dancers will be arriving back at the hotel soon, I grab my iPod and key before opening the door and walking out towards the busy streets below. I need some time to just gather myself and build my walls back up. The non-stop dancing, Justin’s constant questions and prodding and my mother’s incessant texting are cracking my walls and I need to repair it all. I need to lock this shit deep inside because I’m not about to let anyone see any weakness. I’m stronger than this and I’m going to prove it. Pushing the door open, I put my iPod on before walking down the street and allowing myself to get completely lost in my thoughts.
_______________________________________________________________________

I couldn’t even tell you why I was looking out the window of the hotel at that moment, but the last person I thought I’d see was Addison walking on the street. She looked deep in thought and her sweatshirt practically encased her whole being but there was something different about her this time. Her head was hanging a little lower and her shoulders were slumped forwards. Her whole being reflected a woman deep in thought; she looked defeated. The idea of following after her crossed my mind but her body told the story that she wanted to be alone. Instead, I watched her cross the streets and disappear out of view. It was the first time, I’d seen Addison saddened and it intrigued me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story