Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

" ... That night I knew that I had to have him ... "

The second I stepped foot into work that night I knew that I had to have him. He was young, by looking at him, one would think he was seventeen maybe eighteen at the most. Either way he was far too young to be in a bar and I wondered just how he had gotten in but what did it really matter? The point was the young man was in fact in my bar and therefore I could no doubt find myself close to him before the night was over.

As I headed towards the back, my eyes never left his form. He looked as if he were new to this world, not just the harsh streets of New York either mind you but he held an aura of one that didn’t even belong in the outside world. He seemed too innocent and he seemed to naïve, both of which made him all the more intriguing to me and as I was to find out later, it was also, what attracted countless others to him as well.

Over the course of the next few hours, I watched him with whom I assumed were a few friends of his. It was odd to see a small group of guys hanging out on a Tuesday night but as I recognized his company, I quickly understood it was because their Friday and Saturday nights were normally filled with work, which required them on their backs for the better part of each hour.

He was whore, a prostitute, and he hung around with those that were like himself. Playing pool on one of the tables each male took his turn buying a round for the rest. By the ten o’clock had come and pasted, the prize of the night was pulling out his wallet. As he approached me, I played it off as if I hadn’t seen him at all when in fact I couldn’t take my eyes off him all night. He waited politely at the end of the bar and offered a soft smile and it was then that I was sure he was in fact new to this game …

I made small talk with him as I poured as I poured his drink and then went on to the rest of the orders. He was watchful of me and his eyes moved about the bar whenever someone would come towards the two of us or even leave their seat. This told me he wasn’t so new but there was still that small fire in his eyes and that meant the world, it really did. It meant that he was still fresh enough to kill.

He seemed uncomfortable with the conversation I was attempting to hold with him but he didn’t become rude at all. He knew where his place was it seemed and this was a good thing. At some point, after just a few minutes, an older gentleman, if one could call him that, came just behind the unnamed boy wrapping his arm around the teen’s waist and whispering something into his ear. The unknown seemed startled at first but soon enough his eyes took on a realization … He knew this man and so did I.

A lot boys on out avenue had been with him because he liked to explore just about everyone at least once and he paid well. After the first time however he hardly bothered with most of them, he was very picky. The man slipped a twenty into the kid’s waistband as he whispered something into his ear before walking away. The little blond just looked down and without his eyes on me; I was able to fully take him in.

He had a baby face, with piecing and dare I say beautiful blue eyes. His lips and his feature were almost famine like but this was thanks to his young age. I was sure the parts in which were covered up were much more mature. He was tall, and his light colored hair gave off the illusion that he was hairless from the neck down. The rest of his body was thin but well cut; his tight shirt and pants showed all this off nicely. Such a boy … He still had some growing to do.

Soon enough he had regained some composer and I raised my eyes to meet his. “What?” He asked trying to sound unemotional and unbothered. “You don’t what that kid.” I stated motioning towards the twenty still sticking out from his waistband. “That guy isn’t worth it.” I had the feeling though that this kid had indeed been with that customer before so I could predict his response. “I’ve been with him before.” He stated in a matter of fact tone and this was music to my ears, he could handle some pain then.

I raised my hand in defense. “I feel sorry for you then kid, I know how he is.” Now I really didn’t, least not from personal experience. “He’s everyone on this block first mistake.” I went on wiping the counter and lowering my eyes some. I wanted him to think I was bothered by the past he would assume I had and in turn, he would trust me in time, which was just what I wanted.

“How so?” He asked and I smiled to myself.

“Like I said.” I started. “He is everyone’s first mistake. Trust me no one here gets to start out on top, we all dealt with the same shit, accept the customers.” Now if you haven’t guessed by this point, our area wasn’t the best and our bar was in fact the “hotspot” for pick up and drop off of whatever little male bitch that you had that night. “I’m Porter by the way.” I told him sticking out my hand to shake his. “And you are?”

He licked his lips and hesitated a moment before taking my hand and pulling back quickly. “Shadow.” He told me; just then, his buddies started getting a little impatient. We both looked over at the three other guys trying had to get Shadow’s attention I smirked some towards him before grabbing a tray and putting the drink for each guy on them and leaning closer to him. “It’s on me tonight kid.” I whispered. “You’ll earn it later on tonight I know.” My voice was empathic and kind. I felt his pain or at least he thought I did which I believed is what would soon bring him back …

Chapter End Notes:

More to come.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story