Author's Chapter Notes:

" ... Made me want to have one of my own and the reality was, I’d just bought one ..."

A night or two went by, maybe more; I am hardly one to pay attention to detail anymore. Anyway, he did finally show up again and this time much to my delight, he was alone. Looking up from the bar when I heard the bell ring I noticed just how bad he looked. He wasn’t really beaten up pre-say but he looked like he had been through the ringer a few times in the past few hours.

Biting my bottom lip, I looked down quickly enough so that he didn’t catch me eyeing him. Instead of offering him any sort of attention, I just went about my work and waited for him to come to me. He stood just inside the main door for what had been at least five or more minutes. I knew he was working it over in his head if he should be here or not, it was after all a weekend night and yes it was late but … That hardly mattered in the type of business he was in.

If his boss knew that he were taking some time off well, let us just say the night would no doubt turn much worse for him then it had been already. After a while, he finally decided to approach the bar and have a seat at the end. I looked up and over at him, not allowing my face to show any concern or emotion, in fact I gave off no reaction, as if I didn’t even recognize him at first. As I set the towel in my hand down, I walked towards where he sat and offered a friendly smile. “What can I get you kid?” I asked my voice warm and even welcoming.

Shadow looked towards the door a moment and then back at me. He was worried someone would walk in and catch him. I had to wonder why he’d take such a risk if he was so worried but that was his concern, not mine. In time, the answers would come.

“Just a beer.” He said softly pulling a five out his back pocket and placing it on the counter. Taking the money I replaced it with a drink as I pretend to study him a moment. Now that I was closer, I could see the faint bruising just over his left eye as well as the ones around his neck. “Hey weren’t you the kid that was here a few nights ago …” I pretend to think a moment as his eyes grew slightly. “Shadow right?”

The teen just nodded his head. “Yeah.” He answered. “Who are you anyway?”

“Like I told you kid, Porter.” I answered and he looked at me a second. “Yeah, well it’s about as real to me as Shadow is to you I’m sure.” No one around that place gave real names, it was for protection, most of our boys were hiding from something or more likely someone. Now, if they’d rather turn tricks on the street you know some of their stories had to have been bad. Protection from the past was only a part of it though … Each and everyone one of them gave everything to any asshole they had each night, but not their names, that was the one and only piece of their soul that remained their’s. If someone didn’t know your name, they didn’t know you and therefore, they weren’t abusing or fucking you.

I drew just slightly closer to him, and allowed my eyes to travel over his face. “Rough night there?” I him asked gently. He just shrugged at the question but instinctively touched the fresh black and blue mark that was forming. “Hey, you know the old son of a bitch don’t you?” He asked referring to the man who had approached him just a few nights before and I merely nodded. “We all know him kid.” I informed him. “He has his way with every boy that comes on the Avenue and the unlucky ones see him more then once. He is picky though, you must he something special. I was only with him once …” I trailed off. Just then, my eye caught someone outside. “Get behind the bar.” I instructed him and he nearly jumped out off his stool in alarm looking towards the main windows where my eyes were seemingly plastered.

As his eyes grew wide, he realized it was best to just do as I said seeing as his beloved boss was on his way in. As Shadow did as he was told the bell once again rang and I offered a smile to the older man, whom even I knew only as … Wait, did I even know his name? Dismissing the thought, I awaited him, before he could speak however, my eyes noticeably averted to the floor behind the bar and a smiled touched my lips. That was all that was needed and a simple nod was enough to make an even agreement.

“I’m looking for one of my boys.” He started out taking a seat. “Goes by Shadow, I heard he seems to like it around here. Kind of small and thin, blue eyes … Blond hair. Seen him?” I just shook my head and in that moment felt Shadow shift nervously just at my feet, I smile touched my lips a second time. “Can’t say that I have, but I’ll be sure to send your bitch home the moment I see him.” My voice was bitter, sarcastic, all a part of the act. Shadow didn’t move further, out of fear I was sure and his boss just let out a laugh. “Right, be sure you do cause if I find out you’re fuckin with me again …” Trailing off he rose to his feet and within moments was gone.

The boy at my feet didn’t move, not at first and not at all. He was terrified to and I didn’t blame him. Pissing your pimp off was never a good idea, not only did the guy hold your balls in a glass jar on his mantel but when it came to that one … He’d ripped up the boys worse then any client did. A few times, he had found one of his playing around in the bar instead of working, he taught them a lesson, right here, and in front of whoever would watch.

He was pretty cruel, he beat them, rape them, cut them, whatever it took to get them begging for forgiveness, I of course enjoyed these times and looked forward to them whenever possible. There was just something about seeing a helpless boy bent over and shown his boss that made me want to have one of my own and the reality was, I’d just bought one and in time, he would come to learn this as well.

Kneeling down some, I was soon eye level with him. I pulled out a few twenties from my pocket and handed it over to him. “Don’t ask questions, just get back and give that to him. He’ll be happy enough.” I touched his cheek affectionately and ran my thumb over the bruise. “Might what to take care of that too.” I whispered. I moved my hand just slightly so he would feel the back of it over his cheek and his eyes closed as I did this. A look of confusion quickly faded form his face and I knew this was the first time someone had taken care of him in a long time.

Chapter End Notes:
Still, more to come.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story