Story Notes:

I had this story posted on the old site, but I've fixed it up a bit and brought it back.  It's just a fun story that was inspired by the song "Under My Tree".  I find the song funny and thought it made a great story.  So here you go!  Please let me know what you think!  

(an update should be coming soon for my other story too).  

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
The song "Under My Tree" was written by Shelly Peiken.

It's that time of year

Christmas is here
Everybody's back together again

Spreading the joy
Spreading the cheer
Toasting to another year's end

So thankful for
All of my friends
Oh.



Robyn felt a cold blast across her calves as she was hanging another coat in the hall closet.  Joey had opened the door once again to allow more of their guests to enter.  He had been excited all day at the prospect of having all the gang together again.  It had been a few months since all five guys had been in town at the same time.  Robyn laughed as she watched the men embrace each other in "tough guy" hugs and immediately start joshing with each other as if no time had passed at all.

Chris came towards her with a huge smile on his face, "He-hey!  Robbie's under the mistletoe!"  Before she realized it, Chris had her wrapped in his arms and he dipped her dramatically.  He gave her a big smooch on the lips, exaggerating it intentionally for Joey's benefit.  "Mwah!"

"Well, hello, Chris, it's nice to see you too!"  Robyn held tightly to his arms and laughed.                      

Joey glared at Chris while he returned Robyn to her feet. "Chris, keep your hands (and your lips) off my wife!"

Chris thought about it for a minute before replying in a stage whisper, "Rob, he didn't say anything about my feet.  Meet me by the couch in ten for a game of footsies!"

Robyn chuckled and shook her head as Chris wandered off to another part of the house.  The door was closed now and she and Joey were the only ones left in the entryway.

"Stay right there, Rob," Joey gave her a sexy smile as he came towards her.  "It's my turn with you under the mistletoe."

He held her face in both his hands.  "Merry Christmas, Baby," he whispered before kissing her gently and lovingly.

"Hey, I found them!  They're making out in the hallway!"  Justin called over his shoulder.

"Justin," Robyn said, without breaking the kiss, "Get lost!"

Justin just laughed at her and grabbed her arm to lead her away.  "What do you think you two are?  Newlyweds or something?"  

Joey and Robyn joined the party. They both mingled with all of their guests and everyone shared laughter over stories of the years gone by.

When the party is over
The night's just begun
I promise the best part is
Yet to come
Slow dance together
Two become one
That's what we've waited all day for


Joey talked with JC in a corner, or rather, JC talked to Joey.  JC realized that Joey was not listening to a word he said.  From the look on Joey's face, and the direction of his gaze, it was obvious to all that Joey was content just watching his wife.  It was a great thing to see.  Robyn and Joey may not have gotten together in the most conventional way, but they were head over heels, crazy in love with each other and it was obvious to everyone who met them.

JC nudged Joey with his elbow.  "She's a great girl, Joe."

Joey turned to JC and smiled, "She's the best."

"I'm happy for you, man," JC gave Joey's shoulder a squeeze and left him to his musings.

No one else but me and you
Nothin' I would rather do
Than hold you all through the night under my tree
Bring along the mistletoe
Keep the music nice and low
I'll show how good it could be
I wish that Santa could be here to see
It's beautiful under my tree


Robyn was laughing at something that her sister-in-law told her when she looked up to see Joey.  She smiled at him and gave him a half wave before turning her attention back to Janine.  It was clichéd, but she still couldn't believe that she and Joey were together.  Everything had happened so fast and for someone who always waited for the other shoe to drop, being this happy seemed to be tempting fate.  It was Joey's fault really, he made her feel so alive, so happy, so loved.  

The fire's aglow
We've got Nat King Cole
Singing us a song from his heart
Sleigh bells and snow
Make us feel close
To the stars

When the carols are sung
And the fire has died
The ember stills burns with the love in our eyes
Cherish the moment
Savor the night
That's what we've waited all day for


In true Fatone style, the festivities continued late into the night.  Robyn and Joey stood together at the door as they watched their friends drive away.  It had been a great night.  Most of their family members had made their way to bed earlier.  The few stragglers tried to help tidy up, but Robyn and Joey shooed them away.  They did a quick clean up together.

Robyn scanned the room quickly to make sure that all the stockings and gifts were ready for morning.  Joey bent down to poke at the fire.

"Rob, there's a present for you on our bed.  Will you put it on for me?"  He gave her a hopeful smile.

"You don't honestly think I'm going to answer that question until I know what it is, do you?"  She laughed.

"Please, Baby?" he pouted.

She squeezed his cheeks in her hand and kissed his upturned pout.  "We'll see," she answered as she started up the stairs to their room.


No one else but me and you
Nothin' I would rather do
Than hold you all through the night under my tree
Bring along the mistletoe
Keep the music nice and low
I'll show you how good it could be
I wish that Santa could be here to see
It's beautiful under my tree

Joey lit a few strategically placed candles and turned off the lights all the lights except for those on the tree.  He brought a thick fluffy comforter and some pillows out from where he had stashed them earlier and laid them in front of the fireplace.  He put on some music to play quietly.  Joey took a quick look around the room.  Something was missing...a look of pure inspiration lit his face and he ran out to the hallway to move the mistletoe to a more advantageous position.

No one but me
No one but you
Sweet rendezvous
Under my tree
No one but me
No one but you


Robyn was a little nervous when she entered their bedroom.  She never knew exactly what to expect from Joey.  She gasped when she saw the elegant cream coloured peignoir and robe lying out on the bed.  She wondered when Joey had the chance to lay it out without her seeing it, but realized that not knowing was part of the thrill.  Joey was always finding simple gestures like this to show her that he loved her and each time he did, she was blown away.  She couldn't believe that he loved her the way that he did.


When the party is over
The night's just begun
I promise the best part is
Yet to come
Slow dance together
Two become one
That's what we've waited all day for


Joey had just added a log to the fire when he heard Robyn on the stairs.  She was taking her time, he knew, to ensure no one else in the house heard her come down.

His breath caught in his throat when he saw her.  "Damn!  That looks even better on you than I imagined!"

Robyn gave him a soft smile and reached out to take the hand he extended towards her.  Joey changed tactics and scooped her off the steps and into his arms.  Robyn giggled and snuggled her head into Joey's shoulder.  "Don't you dare drop me!"

"Mmm, Baby, I won't," he nuzzled her neck as he carried her into the living room.

No one else but me and you
Nothin' I would rather do
Than hold you all through the night under my tree
Bring along the mistletoe
Keep the music nice and low
I'll show you how good it could be
I wish that Santa could be here to see
I wish that Santa could be here to see

Joey put Robyn on her feet right under the mistletoe.  He pointed up, and then went in for a kiss.  Robyn happily complied, putting her arms around his neck while she did.

Robyn broke away first.  "You know, Honey, I would have kissed you without the mistletoe."

Joey laughed, "I should hope so, but this seemed more festive!"  He leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Dance with me."

Joey's hot breath on her ear sent a delicious shiver down her spine.  She bit her lip and nodded, "I'd love to."

No one else but me and you
Nothin I would rather do
Than make all your dreams come true
Under my tree
Such a cozy rendezvous
Just relax, enjoy the view
I'll show you how good it could be
I wish that Santa could be here to see
It's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Under my tree


They danced slowly by the flickering firelight.  There was no hurry.  They took their time, enjoying each caress, each kiss.  

"Hey," Joey whispered, "Can I unwrap my present now?"

"Joseph!  Is this an elaborate scheme to get your gift early?"  Robyn pretended to be shocked.

Joey laughed.  "No!  I can wait for my gift, but I can't wait much longer for you."  His voice changed from one of amusement to one of desire, "I need you."  

He kissed her until she started to feel dizzy.  He loosened the tie on her robe and slipped it off her shoulders.  Joey stepped back to stare appreciatively at the peignoir.  Robyn looked away in embarrassment as his gaze ran over her.  

Joey raised her face to meet his eyes, "What are you worried about?" he questioned softly.  "You are so beautiful!  You take my breath away."

"Oh, Joe!" she reached up and cupped his face in her hands.  "I love you!"

"And I love you," he smiled.

She worked on the buttons on his shirt while he lowered her to the blanket.  They took their time loving each other thoroughly.  

It's that time of year
Christmas is here
Christmas is here
Under my tree


Robyn stirred awake when she heard laughter.  She and Joey were snuggled together under the big comforter.  She had her head on his chest and his arms tight around her.  It took her a minute to locate the source of the laughter.  When she saw her mother and father-in-law, Robyn blushed from the top of her head to the tips of her toes.  She pulled the comforter up over her head and nudged Joey awake.

"Merry Christmas, lovebirds!"  His dad called.

"So, Joey, did you show her how good it could be under your tree?"  Steve hollered.

Joey pulled Robyn closer to him under the blanket while he laughed.  "I swear, you guys are all staying at a hotel next year!"



Completed
PopDiva is the author of 17 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Under My Tree also liked 13 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: christmas joey