Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is about domestic violence, if you have any problems reading about it then i suggest you do not read it.
Prologue

She could hear him panting like he had run a couple of miles, but in reality he was panting in anger. With the rage that was displayed all over her battered body, she was hiding in the closet that was in the guest bedroom, praying he wouldn't find her, but she knew in her gut he would, he always did.

The only sounds that could be heard in the house was the echo of his footsteps as they grew near. She curled up into a ball in an attempt to hide herself and stop the trembling of her body. She flinched when the echo of a door slam met her ears.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." Drake taunted walking briskly across the room. "I know you're here somewhere, you know I will find you." He wrapped his hand around the doorknob and let a triumphant grin spread across his lips. "Let's see what's behind door number 1."

Silently getting to her feet, she grabbed the door handle and slowly turned it, and then pulled it open a sliver to peer out into the room. She let her gaze sweep the room and breathed a small sigh of relief when he was by the closet door. Inhaling a deep breath, she pulled open the door and was just about step out when he turned around and glared at her.

"Don't think you can get away that easy." He said watching as her eyes widened to the size of saucers.

She watched him as he stood there just staring at her, she knew he was waiting for her to make a move, and try to get away. Her leg muscles tensed as prepared to dash for the bedroom door, while she judged the distance through the corner of her eyes. Bending her knees in preparation to run towards the door she looked at him once more before making a mad dash for it.

He had seen it coming before she had tried to run. By the time she reached the door he had leaped over the bed and was slamming her into the wall.

Bolting up in her seat she let her eyes flick around the bus making sure he wasn't there. Her eyes gazed around the bus in a nervous gesture making sure he wasn't there ready and willing to strike at her, when the coast was clear in her mind she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "It was just a dream." She mumbled.

Leaning her head against the window of the bus she let the tears run freely down her cheeks. She'd only been gone a couple of hours and she could feel the huge weight lifted off her shoulders. She was on a mission to start a new life without him in it, without the abuse she had endured the past year an half.

The only bad part about her new life, is she couldn't include her family they had to stay to keep up appearances, so she could completely disappear and have a chance at living to see her next birthday. If she hadn't of left she would probably be dead by now.

So she had packed up her stuff told her family what she was doing and left. Left to save her life. To start over in California, where her best friend was waiting to ship her off to his place and give her a second chance at life.

Smiling slightly she imagined what it would feel like to be free, she'd been so cooped up for the past year, due to the anger of someone who she thought had loved her but in all reality he'd loved the idea of someone staying home to take care of him, and meeting his every demand. He wanted a wife that would sacrifice her happiness for his own. And if she didn't she would meet the palm of his hand.

She wiped away the tears that seemed to continuously fall from her eyes and sighed softly, her eyes stayed glued to the scenery that passed by. It was so odd because that's what she thought her life had been doing for the past couple of years, just passing her by. She had so much she had wanted to do when she graduated high school but hadn't had the chance because of the one person she was running away from.

But that all stopped now, she was going to follow her dreams and do the things she had been wanting to do. Like go to school where she wanted, live her life the way she wanted to, and anything else that happened would be for who she is, and who she wants to be.

Smiling to herself she leaned her head back against the seat and closed her eyes. It was time to start thinking about the future and all the possibilities that were at her fingertips.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: abusiveex