Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay this chapter is a litte bit longer then the rest but then agian it's been in the works for almost a month. I am deeply sorry for the delay but i've had a pretty busy month, well both Kaylyn an i have. But with out further adue here is Chapter 2. Feed back is always welcome!

 

Edit: I just fixed a few errors in the second Justin part!!

Chapter 2 - The Job

As the annoying beep of the alarm went off next to his ear, Nick rolled over and blindly searched for the alarm. He gave a silent curse when he knocked his phone off the nightstand.

"Okay you little fucker your going down." He said into the pillow as he continued to swipe his hand looking for the alarm. "Hmm gotcha"

Then he unceremoniously fell back to sleep. Ten minutes later it went off again. "Fine, I get it. I'm getting up." Nick threw the covers off and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. After making sure the alarm wouldn't go of again, he walked towards the bathroom, after splashing cold water on his face to get his brain working again, he started to think.

Thinking back to the old days in Miami where he and Rachel-Lynn grew up. As he got in the shower he thought about the great times they had. Going to the beach with there moms, having barbeques on the weekends, the whole works.

He could remember when Rachel-Lynn was born, as a three year old boy he was fascinated with her. Then she grew older and they became best friends. In elementary school they stuck together making friends along the way. Even in junior high they were inseparable. The more she grew up, the more protective he became. The more he grew the fewer guys started to hang around her. With her pitch-black hair and striking green-eyes, she was what the boy s considered hot. Yet never obtained the personality that normally comes with the looks.

School had just let out and Nick couldn't be more excited for the summer. His and Rachel-lynn's family were taking a vacation to Aruba, the first in years. He had been upstairs helping Rachel, pack for the week long trip, when the call that would shatter both their worlds came. They didn't think there was anything wrong, since phone calls were normal.

As teenagers it was a normal sound. Then they heard Rachel's mother scream. They ran for the stairs and towards the phone. Her mother was curled in a ball with the phone clutched in her hand.

"They're dead, they're dead." Was all that she would say.

"Who mom, who's dead?" Rachel asked but in the back of her mind she knew who it was.

"You're dad, you're dad and Joe are dead. They're gone."


He would always remember the way her voice had cracked, and the way his heart had stopped if only for a second, when those would were uttered through the broken cries of a cops-wife.

"Dad? No there must be a something else. Maybe he's just hurt, that's it mom, you just heard it wrong."

"No baby, he's gone." She reached up and dragged Rachel down wrapping her arms around her and held her sobbing daughter.

Without even a backwards glance, Nick ran out the door and sprinted towards home as the cries of his best friend echoed in the back of his mind. All he could remember thinking was he had to get to his mother, before she got the news.

Shaking his head to rid his mind of the horrible memory he walked down the hall and towards his bedroom to take on the task of waking up his best friend.

He stood at the threshold of the room leaning on the door jam. As he got a good look at how she spread herself across his king size bed he had to smile. You could never beat seeing a woman using your sheets the way Rachel-Lynn was. And somehow through the night, they had ended up bunched up between her legs.

If he felt anything non-brotherly about it he would shoot himself with his own gun. And as he saw the fading bruise on her upper thigh that was exposed by the shirt he let her borrow, he was about to use the same gun on the bastard who claimed to love her.

He was tempted to let her sleep, remembering from her teenage years, she wasn't a good morning person. Yet they had a lot to do so she could get on with her new life. So she could put the past in the past. Now all he had to do was wake her up. Too bad he left his riot gear at the station. He braced himself, and walked across the room.

"Rach, Rach, honey it's time to get up." Nick said slightly shaking her shoulder.

The only sign she gave him that she acknowledged him was a incoherent mumble followed by her rolling away from him. Growling softly under his breath he pulled the covers from her body causing her to curl up in a ball to preserve the warmth.

"C'mon Rach, we need to get things done." Nick said tossing the blanket on the floor and plopping down on the bed next to her. "Don't make me get mean."

"Alright, alright already, I'm up." Rachel groaned as she rolled over and stretched her arms above her head. "What time is it?"

"8:30 am, and before you kill me just remember I am an officer of the law, and you could go to prison for a very long time." He said jumping off the bed and backing up a few steps as she glared at him.

"They'd have to find you first. But killing you ain't worth my time." She shrugged throwing her legs over the side of the bed. "So what's for breakfast? And you better have made some coffee."

"I was thinking I could make either some French toast or pancakes."

"Pancakes sound good." She said once again stretching her arms above her head then hoisting herself up off the bed.

"I'll go get them started." Nick said giving her a quick peck on the cheek then strolling out of the room.

Yawning softly she made the short trek to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and throwing cold water on her face to wake up she walked out of the bathroom, and on down to the kitchen where Nick was mixing pancake batter in bowl. She sat down at the table and smiled softly when she noticed the hot cup of coffee sitting before her. Taking a small sip she groaned in satisfaction.

"I'm taking that groan as it's good right?"

"Yep." She replied hovering over the cup like she was a predator stalking her prey. "It's damn good."

"I set out the newspaper on the table next to you so you can take a look at it." Nick said pouring the batter into a pan.

"Okay." She replied grabbing the paper and opening it up. She scanned over the numerous articles till one caught her attention. As she read the article a small smile graced her features. "Oo nick did you hear about the new club that opened up last night?"

"I heard rumors that a new one was opening up."

"Listen to this Nick." Rachel said "One of Pebbles beaches finest men has opened up a new club on the strip. The grand opening was last night and it was a success but what can you expect from a local celebrity. Justin Timberlake's blaze has been scheduled to open for 2 months but due to miscellaneous problems the opening was postponed.

Justin and his business partner Trace Ayala in the picture above posed for pictures with bright smiles on there faces. Who can blame them the opening was a success bringing in, an estimated half million with the entrance fee alone that doesn't include the drinks. There were also many A-list celebrities that attended from the many groups of Hollywood."

"Sounds like it's a pretty good club, we'll have to check it out." Nick smiled walking over to her and putting a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun. Oh look at this there job openings." Rachel said scanning the many openings. "Whoa"

"What?" Nick asked raising a single eyebrow in her direction.

"There hot" Rachel shrugged and in return received a groan from nick.

"That's something I so did not want to hear."

"Well you asked."

"All I said was what, you could have said nothing." Nick argued pulling out a chair and sitting down across from her. "Let's eat so we can get you a new identity before I have to be at work."

"Alright." She agreed forking a mouthful of pancakes into her a mouth. The way the conversation ended caused her to laugh softly.

Blaze

Running a hand down his face Justin blinked his eyes open and stared down at the review sitting on the bar in front of him. A slow smile spread across his features, and sigh of relief escaped his lips. He knew the club was a hit, but critics could be nasty when it came to things like this. The words in front of him could make or break his new place.

"Shit dude this article has nothing but raves about the new place." His best friend and business partner Trace Ayala spoke with the same smile gracing his features..

"So does this one." Justin said folding back up the paper and setting it aside.

"This calls for a celebratory drink" Trace cheered getting up off his stool and making his way around the bar. After searching around for the right type of liquor, he came up with a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

"Ah good old Jack. Whether sorrow or happiness he's always there to assist you in any way."

He twisted off the top and without the use of a glass, he held the bottle in the air. "To the new place."

He tipped the bottle back, and took a hearty gulp. Then handed the bottle to Justin. After passing the bottle back and forth a few times the phone rang. Trace answered it.

"Blaze. This is Trace speaking. How may I service you?" He slurred

"Uh I'm calling about the job openings that were posted in the newspaper." The voice on the other end enquired.

"Uh what?" Trace said confusion laced his features, then as if something hit him in the back of his head he remembered the paper. "Oh yeah, the job openings, now I remember."

"Are they still available? If not I can always call back when there is an opening."

"No, no there still open. Let me just check the times that are available for an interview. Can you hold on for one second?"

"Sure."

Taking the phone away from his ear he looked at Justin and wiggled his eyesbrows. "Dude this chicks voice is hot!!" he exclaimed motioning for Justin to put his ear next to his. "Okay, we got an opening for noon, three and midnight tomorrow."

"Midnight?"

"Oh yeah, it's the perfect time to come by get a drink, get loose, and have some fun."

"Uhm I uh.."

"Moron" Justin said smacking Trace upside the head then grabbed the phone and put it up against his ear. "Sorry about him, he's a little tipsy. There's time available for noon and three if you're still interested."

"Yeah I really am interested. How about I come in at three?" she asked

"That would be great, just walk up to the bar and ask for Justin."

"Thanks see you tomorrow."

After Justin hung up he shot a glare at trace and shook his head. "You keep acting like that you going to cause our future employees to run away screaming sexual harassment."

"Dude, you have to hire her, or some sex phone operator company will." Trace exclaimed grabbing on to Justin's shoulders and shaking him. "I don't care if she looks like a donkey, you can put her behind a curtain and have her talk to the customers, just her voice is enough."

"Whatever Trace there you go again thinking with your dick." Justin said brushing him off and walking back towards the office. " We'll see what kind of experience she has then I will decide if she makes the cut."

"But.."

"I have stuff to do, I will talk to you later." Justin said before he closed the door and sat down at his desk. As he shuffled through his papers going through the inventory reports he thought back to the way her voice sounded and smiled softly. Even though Trace was 99.9% of the time a horn dog he had to admit she did have a hot voice, and it affected him in more ways than he wanted it to.

Nicks Apartment

As she hung up the phone she did a little snoopy dance into the living room. "I got the interview, I got the interview." She sang dancing around the coffee table then proceeded to jump in Nicks lap.

Grunting softly at the force of the jump, he wrapped his arms around her back and gave her a big smile. "That's awesome, if you don't get the job as a waitress you should ask for a job as a stripper."

After smacking him upside the head she slid off his lap and sat down next to him on the couch. She gazed at the contents on the coffee table and picked up a slip of paper that was her new birth certificate. "Do we have everything I need?"

"Yep, it's all there. Your birth certificate, your drivers license, social security card, the works. You're all set, Nikiea."

"That's going to take some time to get use to." She said studying her new identity. It was all so surreal to her, she was finally safe, but it was a hard concept to get used to. She'd been fearing for her life for so long that it had become second nature to her, and now she could do what she wanted, work where she wanted even act like she wanted to without someone lurking in the background to strike out at her. "How'd you come up with the name?"

"It seemed like the kind of thing close sisters would do. Name their children similar names."

"Yeah it sounds great. Like an exotic name. I would have gone for Shanika or something that sounds like what a stripper would have."

Nick nudged his elbow in her side and made her laugh. Her laugh sounded so great and he was relieved that she still could.

"So your interview is tomorrow? At three?" He asked

"Yeah, but I have nothing to wear. All I have is a pair of jeans and a t-shirt." Nikiea complained

With a devious smile on his face, he grabbed one of the objects off the table. As he held it up the smile on his face grew bigger.

"We can go shopping and charge it all on your new Master Card."

Blaze: The Next Day

It always amazed Justin, the way a club could look so different during the day. It never really looked as appealing. The dark walls and dim lights made it look like some sex joint in the bad part of town. And when the voice from the phone came in for her interview she would no doubt think the same.

It was nearing three and Justin was getting antsy, he kept thinking about her voice trying to find a face to go with it, but he couldn’t’ and that didn’t make him happy.

The night before was nothing but restless sleep, counting down the minutes, which made his attitude suffer horribly, he was irritable with anything it seemed like. The smallest things were getting on his nerves.

He had noticed all day everyone had steered clear of him, but he couldn’t blame him he looked like shit run over twice. When he had stared into the mirror this morning  and grimaced at his own reflection, dark bags under his eyes, and his hair was starting to grow out again.

Glancing down at his watch he noted the time. “2:50 you can do it buddy, just ten more minutes, then you can finally meet the voice.  Finally see if she’s as sexy as her voice or as ugly as a cow.” He said giving himself a little pep talk. “Man I’m an ass.” He concluded after thinking about what he had just said.

He walked up the stairs to his office, upon opening the door he scanned his second home through the door and felt the butterflies take flight in his stomach, as he noticed the petite figure sitting in front of his desk.

This must be her, the girl on the phone. Or voice as Trace had called her. When did she get here? What am I doing? Stop! Walk through the door! Go ahead do it. What in the hell is the matter with me? I’m normally Joe Cool around women. Why is she any different? She’s not. See watch this.

Taking a quick deep breath he began to prepare himself, because he knew this was going to be the longest interview of his life.

Nikeia sat in the office, as she had been directed to and waited. Then she had been told it would take Mr. Timberlake a couple of minutes to make his way up to his office, but it had been nearly fifteen minutes when she finally heard footsteps behind her. When they stopped she figured that it was someone else, but she still felt a presence behind her.

After two days of working on self-defense with Nick, it had gotten her senses in super mode. She no longer needed to look over her shoulder to see if someone was there, she was now able to tell without looking. As the presence behind her stayed she worried.

“Is the suit too much? Nick said that it looked fine, hell he was nearly salivating. That’s kind of gross, he’s practically my brother. That’s not the point Rach, I mean Nikeia. Get back on track. The suits fine. A little too sexy but I need to sexy for this job.

Is my make-up to much ? Maybe I should have done a redder blush. Oh never mind it’s too late now, forget about my appearance. Nick said that we needed to change my personality. I’m not some sweet girl next door, anymore I’m supposed to be a chick from the wrong side of town. A badass. Sarcastic. I can do this, I really can.”

When she heard the footsteps start again, and move towards her chair she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She leaned forward to stand up, and in the process wiping her sweaty hands on her thighs.

“Oh god here goes nothing.”

Justin took a deep breath and walked into the office. As he got closer to the woman sitting in front of his desk, she began to move. He watched her stand up and just barely move her head so he could get a good look at her profile. “Shit” he thought

As she turned around he got his first real good look at her. “Oh my… Damn. I was wrong she is different.” Justin said to himself. Clearing his throat he stuck out his hand. “Hi, I’m Justin Timberlake.”

“I’m  Nikeia Taylor.” She said taking his hand in hers an shaking it. As there hands connected they both felt the jolt of electricity that ran up there arms and through there bodies, but neither dared to comment on it.

As they stood there shaking hands Justin mentally tried to calm his self down. I need to make a good impression on her. Man this is going to be hard. Her voice. I could just pay her to talk. She’d be a millionaire in a week. She has red hair . I’m sucker for red hair and blue eyes. FUCK! I’m so dead. She got the suit from Victoria’s Secret, I’d recognize it any where since I bought the exact same one for my last girlfriend. But damn it looks a million times better on her. Fuck me shoes. I might just do that.

When he didn’t let her hand go she began to become a little worried.

“Mr. Timberlake? Sir?... Justin?” She said letting go of his hand.

Shaking his head to get rid of the trance he had been in he gave her a small smile. “Oh I’m sorry about that. It’s been a rough couple of weeks. I haven’t slept that much.” And if I died right now, I’d die a happy man.

She nodded slightly trying her hardest to fall in to her new personality, the strong silent type. She watched as he walked around the desk and took a seat then motioned for her to do the same. Damn he looks like some powerful god sitting on his throne. Ceiling to floor glass windows, with a picturesque view of the private beach.

“Let’s get started shall we?” He asked shuffling the papers on his desk then moving them to one side. “Did you happen to bring a resume with you?”

“Yes.” She said reaching into the briefcase by her feet and pulling out a single sheet of paper. Sliding it across the desk she gave him a small smile. She watched as he scanned over the sheet. This gave her a chance to really study him, he had short brown hair that was beginning to curl a the edges, his face was clean shaven and he had the prettiest blue eyes she had ever seen in her life.

“So you’re twenty-three and never had a job?”

“Yes sir.”

“Please call me Justin. Now tell me why I should hire you, what kind of skills do you have?”

“Well I used to be a trust child, who loved to party. My Dad used to own a bar so I know all the mixtures for drinks and such.”

“You used to be a trust fund child?” Justin asked with a raised eyebrow.

“The year I graduated my mom died of cancer. So my dad remarried and I became best friends with my brother. So for the past four years I’ve lived with him, so I haven’t needed a job. I don’t get the money my mom left me for another two years, but it’s tiring just partying all the time.”

“So what you are is a spoiled rich kid looking for a way to prove to dad that you are responsible?” Justin asked

Laughing softly she nodded her head. “Yeah and I’m beginning to get tired of living off my brother, I want to be on my own.”

He remained silent for second studying her and going over her answers in his head. “She’s got the job. With that face I could never turn her down.” Letting a bright smile play over his lips. “You got the job.”

“Excuse me?” She asked

Shaking his head he mentally chastised himself for letting what he was thinking known. “We still have to do some background checks, and make sure you aren’t a some ax murderer waiting to kill me and my customers.”

“Oh well, I don’t think I am. I mean maybe and ex ax murdered, one in remission.”

When Trace stormed into the room they were both laughing over what was said.

“Dude I know you’re busy and all, but she never showed.” Trace exclaimed

Swallowing a laugh Justin gave his best friend a questioning look. “Who?” oh he knew exactly who he was talking about but it was fun to witness Trace in a freak.

“The Voice! Who else could I be talking about?” He said throwing his hands up in the air. “The voice that’s who I’m talking about. I posted Bruce the bouncer at the door and he was supposed to tell me when a hot chick arrived but she never did.” Trace pouted throwing himself into the chair next to Nikeia without even a one glance in her direction.

“Are you sure she never arrived? I mean there are other entrances.” Justin said

“She never showed. Maybe she knows that her voice can give a guy a boner, so she calls people just to put them in pain. Just thinking about it makes me hard.” Trace moaned

“Excuse my friend, he is trying celibacy, and it’s not turning out so well.” Justin told Nikeia shooting a glare in his friend direction.

“No problem.” She said covering her mouth to hold in the giggle that was threatening to escape.

Trace slowly turned toward her with his jaw dropped and his finger pointing at her. “It’s you, the voice. I’m Trace Ayala.” Trace jumped up grabbed her hand and started to shake it enthusiastically.

“I’m Nikeia Taylor.” She replied

“I was just joking about the whole boner thing. Damn you’re hot. We’re glad to have you on board.” He looked over at Justin. “She got the job right.” He turned back to Nikeia when Justin nodded. “We’re glad to have you on board. If you have any problems just come to me, and I mean any problems.” He said with pure lust in his eyes.

“Uh. I’m sure I will be fine.” She said then directed her gaze towards Justin. “When do I start?”

As he opened his mouth to answer his office door opened with a bang and one is his managers walked through with frustration clearly written on his face. “Sorry to interrupt but two of our floor employees called in sick.”

“What? Who?” Justin exclaimed popping up out of his chair. He had specifically told everyone they had to work tonight seeing as the whole club was booked for a massive party.

“Doug the bartender and Stacy one of our cocktails.” He said watching his bosses face intently he had known Justin for along while and knew the man was about to freak in two point two seconds.

Before Justin could reply Trace decided to throw out his suggestion. “Well then call someone to work for them.?”

Shaking his head Justin mentally counted down from ten then shot a glare towards his friend. “The Gallagher party is tonight, and I told everyone they needed to work tonight. There is no one to call.” He said through clenched teeth.

Wincing slightly Trace got up from his position and walked around the desk next to his best friend. “Calm down man, we’ll figure it out. We’ll just call in some favors, all we really need is one person , there’s got to be someone.”

“I guess we could make a call to one of the other clubs and see who isn’t working.” Justin said then as if something hit him in the back of his head he turned his head towards Nikeia and smiled softly at her. “How would like to start tonight?”

With her eyes widened slightly she looked between Trace, Justin and the new guy in the office they all had a pleading look on there faces. “What time and what’s the dress code?” was all she asked.

“You’d need to be here about 8ish because the club opens up at 9. And the there is no dress code, you can wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Just be sure it’s sexy that is how you get you’re tips.”

“Okay that works.” She said tossing them both a smile and standing up. “I’m sure you both have a lot to do till tonight I will be one my way and see you there tonight.”

“Thank you Nikeia you really saved our assess tonight.” Justin said walking around the desk and standing in front of her. When she stuck out her hand he shook softly, offering her a friendly smile. “We’ll see you tonight.”

“Yep.” She replied shaking Traces hand then turning on her heel and proceeded to exit the building.

All three men watched her leave and when she was out of site they turned back to each other. “Jt where the hell did you find that girl?”

“She called in looking for a job a couple of days ago. So I didn’t find her anywhere. You could say she found me.” Justin winked sitting back down at his desk and leaning back in the chair.

“Well she’s a keeper, can’t go wrong with a women like that.” Steve said licking his lips.

Shaking his head Justin began to focus on the papers in front of him. “If you gentlemen don’t mind I have work to do, so please take this discussion somewhere else.”

“Sure man.” Trace said directing Steve out the door. “If ya need me you know where I’ll be.”

Dismissing him with a wave Justin sat back when the door was closed and sighed softly. “It’s going to a long night.” He mumbled looking down at his lap and groaned softly. “Great” he chuckled.

Couples Minutes Later

As she walked out of the club she couldn't hold back the amusement she felt at the antics of the two people who she would now call boss. She was amazed she had gotten the job so easy she figured she would have to grovel and beg, well not exactly just sweet talk her way into the job.

Smiling to her self she hopped into Nicks car and put the key into the ignition. She had a lot of work to do before she had to be at work. The first thing she needed to do was to tell nick about her getting the job. With that thought in mind she turned the key and listened as the engine purred to life.

Putting the car into reverse she backed out of the parking space and drove towards home.

When she arrived home she dashed out of the car and up the steps. Bursting through the door she scanned the living room for nick. "Nick?" She called out.

"In the kitchen." He replied

With a bounce to her step she made her way across the living area and through the kitchen door. She spotted nick leaning against the counter eating out a Tupperware container. Walking up to him she grabbed the container and put it down on the counter. "Guess what?"

"What?" nick asked with a raised eyebrow at her then looked down at his food.

Jumping up in his arms she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. "I got the job!" she exclaimed

"That's awesome Nik." Nick said wrapping his own arms around her waist and hugging her to his chest. "When do you start?"

Sliding down his chest she pulled back from the embrace and gave him a cheesy smile. "Tonight I have to be there at 8. I guess two of there employees called in and they need to me to start as soon as possible."

"That's cool, I'm happy for you." Nick said picking up his forgotten foot and forking some into his mouth. When she just stood there staring at him he raised his eyebrow and talked around his food. "What's wrong?"

"You called me Nik?"

"Yeah I figured I'd try it one for size ya know, see if it rings or not. Do you not like it?"

"I like it, I guess it's just going to take some time to get used to. Hah when I introduced my self I almost said Rachel-Lynn." She with a shake of newly colored red hair.

"Yeah it will, but you'll pull it off. I have faith in you."

"Yeah I will. And plus my boss is smoking hot." She said with a wink in his direction, and when he groaned audibly she smiled. "Yeah I figure I would get you with that one. But I'm going to go get ready for tonight so if you need me I'll be in the bathroom."

"Okay Nik." He said pecking her forehead and watched his exit the room. He couldn't put in to words how good it was to see her smile, in the past couple of days she had smiled a little bit but they weren't the Rachel-Lynn smiles he was use to.

Shaking his head he put his food down and padded out of the kitchen towards his room. "I guess I better get ready for work" he mumbled.

Chapter End Notes:
I should have a new update to the story soon!! So keep on the look out for it.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: abusiveex