Chapter 26


Sunday morning was probably Ellie's favorite time of the whole week. For one, she never did anything business related on Sunday. That was her own personal rule. And on Sunday mornings she liked to relax with her coffee--in her pajamas of course--and read or watch a good movie--and typically check in with her mom to get updates on how her family was doing back home.


This Sunday was no different except for the fact that JC was in her kitchen cooking breakfast while she lounged in bed with her coffee--that he had also made and brought to her.


It was a routine she could easily get accustomed to, especially as she took in a deep breath of bacon aroma. Her stomach growled in consent.


A few days had passed since they'd shared their intimate stories with each other. She couldn't help but realize that their connection just seemed to grow stronger and more intense everyday. It was an amazing feeling.  


She was beginning to realize just how much she'd changed who she was during her marriage to James. JC was right. James had conditioned her to come across as poised and proper at all times, and in turn Ellie had closed off her more free and adventurous side. It saddened her to think how she'd lost five years of her live, living as a bad version of herself, just to please a husband who probably never even truly loved her.


Did James actually know how to love anyone?


JC definitely knew how to love--and love with all of his heart and soul. He showed her that part of him more and more everyday.  She was dazzled by just how much he truly did love her and truly loved her for the real person she was inside.


When she made way to the kitchen a few moments later, she found him standing in front of the stove wearing her green and yellow floral apron and only a pair of black 2xist boxer briefs. For a moment she just stood there and died a little inside. THIS was the man she was in love with. She couldn't have been more happier with that fact.


He was the hottest goofball she'd ever met.


He turned then, probably at the feel of her eyes boring into his backside, and she headed straight for him.


"Hi," he said goofily.


"Hi," she giggled.


Once she was within reach she found herself peeking into the side of his (hers, actually) apron to get a good look at his lean torso underneath. "I like your cooking ensemble," she chuckled, bringing her eyes up to his. His hair was a mess--total bed head--she loved that too.


"I thought you might." He turned quickly on his heels to tend to the bacon. Her eyes drifted automatically down the lean curvature of his back and spine. Before she could think about it, she'd pulled the little green tie that was holding the apron together.


He turned again sharply--tongs in one hand--and slung his free arm around her waist. "You are disarming my grease splattering protection."


She smirked and pressed a sloppy kiss to his lips. "Dork," she called him playfully.


"You love it," he teased.


"I do."


Then she watched as he moved toward a cutting board topped with fresh veggies for an omelet--mushrooms and green onion and avocado. She was hungry just thinking about it.


But she was also feeling a little spontaneous and was in need of an adventure.


She topped off her coffee mug and took a seat at the island, still eyeballing him as he beat eggs in a glass bowl.  His ass didn't jiggle much--that requires a certain amount of body fat--but it did have a nice shake to it!


She took a long sip of her black coffee. "So what's your schedule like this week?"


He turned to glance at her for a brief moment. "It's pretty flexible actually. No outside commitments just some stuff I want to get done for myself."


"Would you be up for putting that stuff off for a few days?"


He stopped completely then and turned to give her his full attention.


Ellie continued. "I'd like to head up north for a few days. Visit my family and maybe spend a couple days in San Francisco.  I thought a road trip might be fun."


The corner of his mouth smoothed upward just a fraction. "Hmmm. I like that idea. When do we leave?"


"After breakfast?"




Two hours later they climbed into JC's Porsche with a small suitcase and headed toward the freeway.


As nice as JC's luxury sports car was, it was a few years old and for the first time Ellie found her money burning a hole in her pocket.


She wanted a new car.


"It would be fun to make this trip in a brand new Maserati."  She was sort of thinking out loud. "How quickly do you think I could do that?"


"Seriously?" He shot her a curious glance. He was wearing a dark baseball cap (although it had no emblem on it) that shaded his face, but still she could see his brow raise on his right side.


"Is that frivolous?"





His first response was yes, but then realized he'd probably already have bought a new car if he'd come into a cool $50 million like she had. She'd held out for nearly a month and really hadn't bought anything.


Besides, he wouldn't mind driving a brand new car across the state. So instead of answering her question he said, "a Maserati?"


"Yeah. Nice but not ridiculously over the top."


"Some might argue that. Did you want to go see what's in stock?"


"Let's. We have no time schedule."


"Alright. Maserati of Beverly Hills here we come."


And that's exactly where they went. Ellie made a phone call on the way, to who he was guessing was her financial advisor. And by the time they arrived at the luxury auto dealer they were greeted as if their presence had been expected.


He listened as Ellie explained what she was looking for. She wanted all the bells and whistles, no black paint, and preferably under $100 grand.


Watching her talk business was a huge turn on. She knew exactly what she wanted and she knew what she was talking about. The fact that she knew a thing or two about cars was uber sexy. Most guys would have been drooling over the luxury vehicles but he was too fascinated with his girlfriend at the moment.  The cars could wait. She was far more enticing.


The older gray haired gentleman with the not quite placeable accent showed them to the vehicles that matched Ellie's criteria.  JC watched as her body automatically drifted toward a pearl white Granturismo. it was beautiful, with a sleek sexy silhouette.  The interior was downright hot--red leather with charcoal accents.


This car did not meet the $100 grand requirement she'd given the dealer, but he was afraid by the look on Ellie's face that she really didn't care. And why should she? She could definitely afford it.


Ellie would look amazing driving this beautiful car. He was sold, but he wasn't the one buying it!


Next thing he knew they were driving through hills on a test drive. The car handled beautifully and his girlfriend looked smoking hot in the driver seat.


He was really hoping she bought it just for the hotness factor but he didn't want to give too much input. He wanted it to be her decision.


Of course as soon as they got back to the dealership and the courteous sales manager left them alone to talk she was asking his thoughts. "Should I get it?"


Hell yes. "That is your decision. It's a big purchase."


She grinned--excitement oozing from from her pores. She was so damn cute. He wanted to squeeze her.


But he didn't.


"I want it," she whispered like it was top secret. "Will you drive it?"


That was silly question! Hell yes he'd drive it! "Of course, if you want me to."


"Ok. Let's get this and get on the road."


Thirty minutes later he was following her back to his house so they could drop of his black Carrera. Why did he feel like the old girl had been ousted for something newer and shinier. This had been a pricey car when he'd bought it a few years before! And he took excellent care of it!


Oh well. It didn't matter. The Maserati was hers and it was down right sexy. He'd had a half chub since they'd stepped into the dealership. Not because of the car but because of her with the car.  He had half a mind to drag her into the house and have his way with her before they got on the road.


He parked in the driveway and hopped out to switch their small suitcase (yes, they'd packed lightly and shared a bag) from his car to hers.


She'd got out too and was heading straight for him. He could see she was reaching for him and automatically dropped the hold on the LV keepall just before her delicate hands slid around his waist. She looked up at him with that look girls give when they wanted reassurance--wide eyed and expectant. He brushed a wave of hair from her cheek and embraced her, holding her lightly.


"Do you think less of me for my impulse buy?"


"Absolutely not." It was the truth. He leaned forward and dipped his chin to kiss her sweetly. "I'm really looking forward to our little getaway."


"'Me too! Let's go!" She chuckled with excitement while hopping away from him, moving around to the passenger side of the new luxury car. "You're driving."  She announced.


He didn't question it. Instead he put the bag in the back and got behind the wheel.



Once Ellie realized it would be after dark by the time they got in to town, she called and checked them in to the penthouse at The Citizen hotel in downtown Sacramento. It was near the Capitol building and one of the nicer places to stay in the city.


It's where she always stayed when she visited her mom--at least since she could afford it anyway. So basically since she'd married James. Not surprisingly, he'd never stayed with her. He'd visited Northern California with her only one time and thanks to the private jet there was no need to stay the night.


She was thankful for that now because she enjoyed staying at this particular hotel and it was left untainted.


When they stopped for gas and a quick bathroom break, Ellie decided she better go ahead and let her mom know they were heading her way. So she headed to the back of the travel stop to use the facilities and then pulled out her phone while she looked for a drink. When her mom didn't answer she left her a quick message that they would see her tomorrow and left it at that.


Taking two bottles of water to the checkout, she nearly dropped them when she got to the cashier. Staring at her from the counter was an old picture of her and James on the cover of Star magazine with the headline Media mogul settles divorce quietly out of court. Inset was a much smaller and recent photo of Ellie walking beside JC on the street outside Sur restaurant.


"Motherfucker," she cursed softly at the site. Then she picked up the magazine and bought it.


She knew she shouldn't give the rag mag her money but at the same time she wanted to know what it said.


The male cashier looked at her questionably as she paid cash for her items. She was thankful the place was pretty empty and no one was in line behind her. He obviously recognized that it was her on the cover of the magazine, as he did several takes between her and the glossy cover.


She grabbed her change and got the heck out of there.


JC was clueless as he was just finishing gassing up.


"Are you ready to drive yet?" He called out to her and she boisterously shook her head no, her subtle brown waves swooshing against her cheeks from the movement.


His brow furrowed. He could obviously tell something was wrong.


He popped his head in the car as Ellie was already falling back into the lux passenger seat. Even in the midst of her sudden stupor she managed to take a quick moment to appreciate the fine leather and its distinct scent.


"What's wrong?" His blue eyes probed in conjunction with his words.


"I'll tell you when you come back."  She knew he had yet to go inside and use the bathroom.


He pulled the cap down farther on his head and said "I'll be right back" before shutting the door and leaving her alone.


Ellie immediately sank deeper into the seat and flipped to the article. As she began reading, her stomach began to sour. It was worse than she thought.


A lot worse.


When JC finally slipped back into the driver's seat of her frivolous--and now somewhat regretful--purchase, she was damn near freaking out although managing to hold it in quite well.



JC saw the magazine spread on her lap and immediately put two and two together.  Plus it had been hard to miss at the check stand.


Damn tabloids.


It'd been a long time since he'd been on a cover. Of course he realized his name wasn't mentioned--on the outside anyway.


"So how bad is it?" He asked.


"Bad enough to make me regret buying this car."  


She said it just as the purr of the engine rumbled to life.  Guilt suddenly shadowed the enjoyment he'd got out of driving it for the past three hours.


Oh well.


"How so?"


Carefully he pulled away from the gas pump and headed back toward the highway. Even on a bumpy country road the Maserati handled like nothing he'd ever drove before--like a panther creeping out onto the tundra--skilled precision and perfection.


"I'm afraid I'm going to hear from James' attorney. This article has details that are not public. This was all supposed to be confidential. If he thinks I talked I'm in big trouble."


JC was surprised at how calm she was considering the seriousness of the words she was speaking.


"Who would've talked?" He immediately asked.


Ellie was shrugging and shaking her head at the same time. "I made Daphne sign a confidentiality agreement and she really only knows very little. Unless she was snooping, which she could have." She paused briefly and continued. "Jill knows some of the financial details. Obviously my financial advisor. I can't imagine any of them speaking to the press. They have reputations to uphold."


"Well you know I would never..." He didn't feel like she was accusing him but he still felt he needed to say it.


"Oh JC."  She grabbed his arm and locked eyes with him--stone-faced. "I know you would never."


"You don't think Gabby could have somehow got ahold of privileged information?"


"I sure as hell hope not. If that's the case, I'm screwed."


He reached for her hand and squeezed. "Don't worry. We'll get to the bottom of this... and whatever happens I am here for you. I promise."

Incomplete
BrandyRae is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked The Good Neighbor also liked 363 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral love hotel boyfriendjc postsync showersex originalcharacter jc producerjc boyrfriendjc