Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reviews and enjoy the chapter!

It had been three days and Soleil hadn't heard a word from JC. No call, no text, no instant message. Nada. She was worried and wondered what the deal was.

Yes, there had been times where they had gone longer without talking, but that was when JC had gotten real busy and given her a head's up. He had promised that he would communicate with her every day or at least every other day, while she filmed her movie. To have this promise now broken was kinda of bizarre to Soleil. He had never broken a promise before. JC was the type who who only made a promise if he could keep it.

She picked up her cell phone and decided to try calling him again. Once again he didn't answer, which was to be expected.

 Hello, you've reached JC! I'm unable to speak now, but once I'm able to I'll hit you back up. So leave a message and have a great day!

She sighed not bothering to leave another message. She'd left ten already and knew another one wouldn't matter.

Soleil really hoped nothing was wrong and that he'd have a good reason for being MIA. She was worried something bad had happened, but she knew the odds were higher that he was just being a zombie in the studio and unable to reach her yet.

Just as Soleil was going to put her phone down, she heard her ringtone go off. She flipped it open and saw that Sandrine was the caller.

"Hey, San." She greeted her twin sister.

"Soleil! Hey, I've got good news. Guess where I am?"

"Umm..Vegas?" Sandrine chuckled. "No, but try again."

"Umm..New York?"

"Nope. Where are you?" Soleil was surprised by the question. Her sister knew she was in Atlanta.

"Atlanta..duh." Sandrine chuckled again.

"I know. That's where I am too!"

"You mean you're here? Like you came to Atlanta to see me?"

"You know it, sis." Soleil smiled and was happy that now she'd at least have a visitor.

"Awesome. So when will you get to come see me on set?" Sandrine laughed just outside her sister's trailer door and knocked on it.

"Hold on, someone's at my door." Soleil moved over to the trailer door and revealed her sister.

"Surprise!" Sandrine exclaimed and shut her phone. Soleil laughed and quickly shut her phone, giving her sister a big hug.

"You little sneak!" Sandrine squeezed her sister tight and then stepped into the trailer with her.

"Well you know me...I love surprising people." Soleil nodded and motioned her sister to take a seat at the table.

"So how long will you be here?" Sandrine looked at her sister with a grin.

"Indefinitely." Soleil was a little taken aback. "You mean you can stay here for awhile and not have to head back?"

Sandrine nodded her head and Soleil then took a seat across from her sister.

"Yeah, I mean....I'm not too busy with work right now and I'd rather be out here supporting my sister as she becomes a star." Soleil grinned.

"Aww...thanks, San. We'll see how much my star rises."

Sandrine hadn't spoken to Soleil until now in the past three days and she knew her sister had to have had some kind of suspicion about JC. She figured now was the time she could inquire.

Sandrine clapped her hands together and sighed. "So...how are things with you and JC? Has he figured out when he's going to visit you yet?"

Soleil sighed. "Well..he's suppose to visit me this coming weekend. That's what we discussed last time we talked. Though I haven't gotten a hold of him in three days. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Sandrine tried to hold back a smile and looked at her sister curiously. "Oh..oh really? Hmm..maybe he just got caught up in his work or something."

Soleil nodded. "That's my thought, but it's still weird. He told me I wouldn't go more than a day without hearing from him."

"Yeah..well sometimes things come up." Sandrine simply stated. She knew that things had definitely come up. She had made this whole JC being MIA episode possible. Her guilt was still non-existent. She also had no plans of caving in and telling the truth.

"I suppose.." Soleil frowned a little. "I just wanna hear his voice or get an "I love you" text message or something."

Sandrine reached for her sister's hand and gave it a gentle rub trying to comfort her. She knew Soleil had a tendency to worry and get wrapped up in a man like a love sick puppy.

"I'm sure you'll hear from him soon. If not...then maybe he's off hooking up with someone else."

Soleil pulled her hand away fro Sandrine's and gave her a glare. "Now come on...not funny."

Sandrine chuckled. "Sorry. I was just trying to lighten the mood."

"Well you didn't."

"Yeah well...you can still never be too sure about those popstar types wiith the hollywood life."

"Sandrine. Please. You came here to visit me. When you're visitng me, I'd rather you not talk about how you doubt that JC is a wonderful boyfriend for me. I've had to deal with your skepticism for 10 months now and it's getting real old."

Sandrine sighed. "Alright...alright. I'm sorry. We should just party it up here in Atlanta when you're not filming. Do sisterly things and stuff."

Soleil smiled. "That would actually be great." Then she gave her sister a serious look. "But just promise me that you won't make anymore cracks at JC."

Sandrine hated when Soleil looked at her with a death stare. It almost made her want to fess up everything, but she held her ground and just kept her lips zipped.

"Sandrine, you promise?" Soleil questioned, after not getting an immediate response.

"Ugh...fine. Yeah, I promise, but can I just say one thing before it goes into effect?" Soleil rolled her eyes and nodded.

"I think JC is gay. There's photos of him traipsing around with that little boy toy Chace from Gossip Girls. I mean the tabloids are starting to pick up on it and everything."

Soleil rolled her eyes again. "Seriously? Why do you have to say this shit, San?"

" 'Cause what if it's true? I mean have you seen photos of them? Do you know how much they've been hanging out? I mean it seems like they're taking their love affair all over the country and not scared to let the paparazzi snap photos."

Soleil just didn't get it. When had her sister gotten so negative and skeptical about her love life. Oh yeah..that's right! When she and JC had started dating ten months ago. Before then, Soleil and Sandrine had no problem discussing guys and they rarely had negative conversations. In fact, Sandrine had liked all of Soleil's past boyfriends. She had even thought that Soleil would marry one of them and had been happy at the thought. Yet, now in a relationship that Sandrine seemed to disapprove of, Soleil found talking to her sister to be like a piece of work. Half the time she made a joke about JC or some kind of criticism. None of them were valid in Soleil's opinion, but still. It was all unnecessary. Didn't Sandrine see that she was happy with JC? It appeared that she couldn't see it yet. Soleil loved her sister. She really really did, but something was going to have to change.

"San! So what...he can be friends with a guy and not have it mean anything. I mean I'm not fucking all my friends that are girls. It's ludicrous." Sandrine said irritated.

Sandrine then pulled out something from the messenger bag she had with her. It was a copy of The Globe. She flipped it open to the page with the JC and Chace article. She then layed it out on the table for her sister to see.

"Look!" Sandrine pointed the one photo of JC and Chace from an Oscar party. The photo was one that looked like they were on a date. Their body language was a little "gay" in it.

Soleil sighed and looked at the magazine and let her eyes land on the photo that her sister thought was the most "suggestive".

"Yeah, they're at Elton John's Oscar Party. Jace told me he was going to it. No big deal."

Sandrine laughed. "No big deal! Soleil, look at how close they are. JC has his arm around Chace's chair."

"So that's all one needs to do to be gay?" Soleil questioned dryly.

"Well he'd have to fuck a guy, but looking at all the photos of them, I wouldn't be surprised if JC and Chace have been fucking for months."

"SANDRINE VIRGINIE LANDRY!" Soleil yelled her sister's full name in frustration.

"What? Jeez..So, you don't gotta use my whole name! I'm just trying to give you my opinion."

"Well you don't have to come here to visit me, if you're going to just shove a magazine in my face and believe my boyfriend is gay!"

Sandrine sighed. "Yeah, I know. I really shouldn't have brought the magazine and even speculated the thought. Ugh....but seriously, I just get a bad vibe with the whole thing. I mean...what if you're his beard?"

Soleil noticed her sister's voice soften and she was a little thankful for a semi-apology, but she still wasn't keen on her sister's suggestions.

"I understand you're looking out for me, but I just don't think JC would play me that way."

"Well of course you wouldn't...'cause maybe he's just playing you that well."

Soleil sighed. "But..he's an animal in bed. I mean the way he makes love to me is not the way a gay man would make love to a woman."

"Maybe he's got practice? You know...just 'cause you're gay doesn't mean you still can't play with the opposite sex."

Soleil actually laughed at that remark. "That was so messed up, San. Where did you come up with that?"

"I don't know...too much MTV, I guess."

Soleil lifted the magazine off the table and closed it. She then handed it back to Sandrine.

"Here...put your filth back in your bag."

Sandrine laughed and slid the magazine back into her bag. "Okay, it's gone and out of your sight, but that still doesn't mean your man ain't a flaming homosexual."

Soleil groaned and then bit her lip. She could cuss her sister out right about now, but she knew if she did that she'd get way more drama during her sister's visit and she didn't want that.

 

JC and his brother were hanging out in JC's pad in the Hollywood Hills. The two had been spending the past two days together. Tyler could tell that something was wrong with his older brother, but JC wasn't being real good at giving him any information.

"JC, come on, bro. I've seen you not looking like yourself the past two days. You really need to tell me what's up." Tyler spoke from the recliner he was sitting in, watching JC's big screen television.

JC layed on the couch, watching the television as well. "I'm not in the sharing mood."

"Well....can I ask you one question?"

"You just did. That's your one question. Now you're done." JC smirked like a smart ass.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Seriously, man. Just one question?"

JC sighed and waved his hand for Tyler to shoot out his question.

"Did something happen between you and Soleil?" JC froze a little at her name and then cringed.

Tyler saw his brother's reaction and knew that was a yes to his question.

"Alright...so what happened? Just talk to me."

"I don't feel like talking. Soleil and I are over. That's it. I've got nothing else to say." JC said, hoping to get his brother off the subject and off his back.

Tyler was surprised at JC's words. He surely didn't see that one coming. He really liked Soleil and had seen how happy JC and Soleil made each other. Tyler was almost convinced they would end up married one day if the cards were played right.

"Really? That sucks ass, bro. I really really liked Soleil. I thought you two were happy."

"Me too." JC sighed and then reached for the remote turning off the television.

"I'm going to head up and take a nap. You just do whatever, Ty. Maybe you can go to the grocery store and get me some milk and stuff."

Tyler just nodded and watched his brother retreat upstairs. He hadn't missed the forlorn look on JC's face and how his eyes lacked their luster.

"Poor guy. This just doesn't make sense though..." Ty told himself.

He stood up from the recliner and then walked into JC's kitchen. He opened the fridge and the freezer to see what JC might need from the store. After making his assessment, Tyler went over to the counter to scribble down some items on a piece of paper. That's when he noticed JC's cell phone was laying on the counter.

He saw a missed call signal. It was the one from Soleil trying to call earlier that day. Tyler found that out seeing Soleil's number and the time.

"Ugh...it must be real bad if he's ignoring her calls now." Tyler said and then saw that JC's voicemail box was filled with messages and none of them had been listened to.

"Damn..he really hasn't been answering his phone!" Tyler shook his head and knew this was odd behavior and it had to deal with this "break up" that JC declared.

Tyler normally wouldn't make it his business to listen to messages on his brother's phone, but seeing how many messages there were alarmed him. So he hit 8876 in as the password when he was prompted for one. He laughed, his brother being so predictable and sucking at making a harder one.

Then the voicemails began to play and Tyler listened with his full attention.

Hey, Jace. It's Soleil. Sorry we didn't get to chat last night. Hope to hear from you later.

Jace! It's Soleil. I haven't heard from you yet, but I'll be waiting for a phone call. I love you.

Baby! Hey! So I guess you went MIA yesterday. What's going on with you? Busy in the studio? Hmm..well you just be sure to call me back ASAP. I love you, Joshy!

Tyler laughed at the nickname, knowing JC would cringe at it.

Hey, Josh. Soli, here. Duh. If you're still making music like a crazy, then be sure to make a song about me. Well, I guess you're still busy so just call me, text me, or something when you can. Bye!

Oh where oh where can my handsome boyfriend be? Well obviously not with me and holed up somewhere. You liked that one, Jace. I know you did. Anyways...it's now day two and I haven't heard from you. Please just let me know everything's okay. I love you! Just holla back, baby.

Josh! Hey! I know I just left a message a couple hours ago, but I thought I'd just try again. I see you're still MIA. Well just call me when you can. Later, baby!

Tyler was finding this whole thing ridiculous, but smiled as he continued to listen.

Chasexy? Please bring sexyback! I miss my sexy boy. Just call me, text me, or IM me. I love you.

Hey! I just wrapped up with filming for the night. I'll be up for another hour or two, so please call me if you can. I just wanna hear your voice and know you're still alive. Love you!

Jace, hey! You're probably thinking I'm a freak with the messages, but it's not my fault you're not callig me or contacting me in any way. It's now been three days and I just am worried. You promised you wouldn't go this long without talking to me. Well..I got to go to hair and make-up. Later, baby.

Then the final message played. It having been from that morning.

So how many messages now? Ten, I think? Well whatever...doesn't matter. What matters is I haven't heard back from you yet and I don't know why. Joshua Scott, do I need to call up your mom and tell her you're ignoring me? Yeah...I don't think you'd like that. So please just CALL ME, baby. I'm about to go shoot the first scene of the day and I know I'll suck 'cause my mind is so focused on you and wondering why you are being MIA. Well I hope you're alright and won't keep me wondering much longer. I love you, Jace. Just give me a sign. Got to go now. Bye.

Tyler sighed after he went through all the messages and they seemed to have a re-occurring theme. Soleil was just missing JC and worried since she hadn't heard back from him. None of the messages alluded to the fact that the couple had broken up. What JC told him didn't make sense, if Soleil was still giving JC love-filled messages.

"What the fuck is going on, bro?" Tyler flipped his brother's phone shut and layed it back on the counter.

"You're going to listen to these messages, oh yes you will,bro." Tyler said with defiance, out loud to himself. "As soon as I get your scrawny ass some food."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Any feedback would be appreciated ;]


Incomplete
Jorie611 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Sunrise, Sunset also liked 206 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story