Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for the comments! I've had such a horrible week, so coming here to read your wonderful reviews has definitely made my day a little brighter.

I think I’m going to throw up.

 

In fact, I know I’m going to throw up any minute now, if it takes Justin any longer to get down here. The waiting is killing me, and it’s taking all of my power not to get up and change my outfit for the sixth time. It’s pathetic, I know, but I just wanted to look good, you know? I want to look my best, without looking like I put too much effort into it. Because after last night, I really think this is going to work. We were kissing in my office for what felt like hours, until Randy came barging in with Stephen standing behind him and ruined that perfectly amazing make-out session. The look on Stephen’s face made the embarrassment all worth it, though, and I’m sure Justin felt the same way, based on the little smirk on his face when he politely said goodbye to me and walked out of the room, past Steve and Randy. Needless to say, Steve avoided me for the rest of the night and I was left alone to finish all of my paperwork in peace.

 

Then Gary, the owner of Blue Notes, appeared in my office right when I was about to leave, and we talked for about another hour about my promotion. I am now the official manager of Blue Notes Café, which includes a considerable pay raise and more flexible hours, so that I’m not stuck at the bar until 3 AM, like I was last night, trying to usher out all of the drunk men trying to finish off their fifteenth beer. I am beyond exhausted this morning, but the excitement for my day with Justin today is keeping me up and there is no way I am going to miss it just for a few extra hours of sleep.

 

I hear two loud knocks on my door right as the clock turns to 12:00, and I quickly glance over my appearance in the hall mirror as I stride over to the door. I pull it open, and try to contain the elation I feel when my eyes land on his smiling face. God, he’s gorgeous. He’s wearing a vintage shirt and dark jeans that fit him perfectly. And his hair is the perfect length where I could just run my fingers through it, and tug a little when he’s hitting the right spots, making my voice hurt with all of the screaming I’ve done.

 

“Hey,” he grins, the corner of his eyes crinkling a little bit as he pulls me out of my daze.

 

“Hey,” I repeat, blushing a little as I look away from his intense gaze. “Come on in. I just have to find my shoes.” I open the door wider and let him in before turning around to find my black flats. I take a deep breath and calm my nerves as I slip my feet into my shoes and grab my purse.

 

“So how was your night?” he asks with an impish smile. I can see the twinkle in his eyes, and know exactly what he’s referring to, but I decide to play innocent and shrug my shoulders.

 

“It was pretty good,” I answer. “I got promoted to manager.”

 

His eyes widen as he nods. “Congratulations. That’s awesome, Ellie.”

 

“Thank you. But I’m not so sure that the promotion is what made me feel so good,” I say coyly. He cocks his head to the side as he steps forward and smirks at me. My breath hitches in my throat when all of my senses are overwhelmed with his masculine smell, and my eyes flutter shut when his warm hand raises to cup my cheek.

 

“I think I have an idea,” he mumbles back and I open my eyes just a fraction to see his face hovering above mine, smiling at me. He leans forward and my eyes shut again, and his soft lips press against mine gently. And before I can deepen the kiss, he pulls away and my eyes fly open to look at him. He smiles and his thumb brushes over my bottom lip. “I don’t want to rush anything,” he mutters as he stares at my lips. He raises his eyes to look into mine and I feel my anxiety wash away when I see the tenderhearted look he’s giving me. “I have to make last night up to you.”

 

“Okay,” I say, because that’s the only thing I could possibly say to that kind of confession. I’m flattered by the fact that he feels he needs to apologize for what happened last night, and doesn’t assume that I’ve already forgiven him. Which I have, but that doesn’t matter. He nods and takes a step back as he shoves his hands into his pockets.

 

“You ready to go?”

 

“Yup,” I answer and follow him out of the door and down the hallway, towards the elevator. We settle into his dark blue car and drive off as he turns the radio on. “So do you have the song written already?”

 

“I do,” he nods as glances at me. “But I don’t really write down my lyrics.”

 

“What?” I give him a shocked look and he laughs and my stomach does a flip. “How is that possible?”

 

He shrugs modestly and smiles. “I don’t know. I just don’t like having it on paper because I feel like I have to stick to the words. Sometimes the words just come to me when I’m singing and the lyrics flow better that way. It’s weird, I know…”

 

“It’s not weird at all,” I shake my head. “It’s really impressive actually.”

 

“Thank you. So…you got a promotion last night, huh?”

 

“Mmhmm.”

 

“I guess that means I have to take you out for a celebratory dinner tonight,” he winks and I swear I feel myself fall even harder for him. “And don’t try to talk yourself out of this one. I won’t take no for an answer.”

 

“I guess I have no choice then,” I smile. He nods and focuses back on the road as we turn into a residential neighborhood. It’s just the kind of place where I would want to raise my family, I realize, as I see all of the kids playing in the front yards. We pull in front of a modestly sized brick home, where there are two small bicycles lying on the driveway next to a minivan. Justin smiles at me before climbing out of the car and walking around to my side, offering me a hand as I open the door. Two blurs of blonde, pink and blue come whizzing out of the front door and attach themselves to Justin’s legs when we step onto the sidewalk.

 

“Uncle Justin!” I hear a little girl squeal in delight, and I feel my heart swell as Justin kneels down low and scoops up the boy and girl into his arms.

 

“Hey guys. How are you?” he asks, ruffling the boy’s hair.

 

“Good,” the boy nods before he glances at me and then looks back at Justin. “Who’s that?”

 

“Why don’t you introduce yourself?” Justin urges, smiling at me as he stands back up. The little boy shuffles over to me with a shy smile as he holds his pudgy hand out to me.

 

“I’m Braeden. What’s your name?” he asks. I hold my own hand out and shake his hand gently as the little girl, who I assume is his sister, giggles as she holds on to Justin’s hand tightly.

 

“Nice to meet you Braeden. I’m Ellie.” Braeden smiles before turning back to Justin, who nods towards the front door. We start walking across the front yard and I look at Justin, who is still cradling the little girl in his arms as she rests her head on his shoulder and her arms are wrapped loosely around his neck.

 

“That was my godson,” he explains with a chuckle. “And this little princess here is Brianne, my goddaughter. Can you say hi to Ellie?”

 

She giggles when he tickles her side and sits up in his arms as her blue eyes survey me carefully. “Hi,” she says with a dimpled smile before burying her face back into Justin’s neck. He chuckles and brushes her hair out of her face before pressing a kiss to her forehead tenderly. Is it bad that I’m actually jealous of a five year old right now? The front door opens and a petite blonde woman smiles at us as Braeden runs past her, into the house.

 

“Hey Justin,” she greets us as she takes Brianne from his arms. Her eyes land on me and she smiles as she looks back at Justin.

 

“Kate, this is Ellie, a fellow music enthusiast. Kate is Matt’s wife,” Justin explains as he looks at me. I smile and nod as Kate invites us in, telling us that Matt is already in the basement. Justin nods and places his hand on my back as he leads me down the hallway and down a staircase. I hear a muffled beat as we move downstairs, and my eyes widen when I see all of the plaques and awards on the walls of the basement.

 

“What does Matt do?” I ask, turning to Justin as he stands behind me.

 

“He’s a producer. But he’s been trying to get his own record deal,” he answers as he gently knocks on a door and gestures for me to follow him. A certain poster on the wall catches my attention and I stop to stare at it for a second.

 

“Justin…were you in the Mickey Mouse Club with Matt?” I ask, completely dumbfounded. He hangs his head low and I see him blushing as he reluctantly nods.

 

“Yeah. That’s where I met him,” he shrugs before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the wall as I chuckle at his embarrassment. He opens the door and we enter into a dimly lit room with a switchboard lining the opposite wall and facing a large glass window that looks into the recording room. A dark-haired man turns around and grins when he sees me and Justin standing at the door.

 

“Hey man!” he says as he turns the music off and stands up, striding towards us and enveloping Justin in a hug.

 

“Hey. Matt, this is Ellie,” Justin introduces me as they pull away, and he wraps his arms around my shoulders.

 

“Hi Ellie. I’ve heard a lot about you,” Matt smiles as he looks back at Justin and the two men share a knowing look. I look up at Justin curiously, but he just smiles back at me before pulling a chair out for me to sit in. “Sit, girl. I want you to hear what we’ve come up with already.”

 

They both sit down in chairs in front of the switchboard and press a few buttons as they mumble quietly to each other. A slow, sensual drum beat fills the room and I begin nodding my head as a guitar riff starts to play. I can see Matt and Justin looking at me from the corner of my eyes, but I continue to stare down at my hands as I let the music flow over me. It’s a really great beat and base track, and I’m truly impressed with what they’ve created. The music comes to an abrupt end and I look up to see Justin staring at me with an unreadable expression.

 

“Wow…” I breathe. “It’s really good. Great even. I’m impressed.”

 

“Just wait ‘til you hear him sing,” Matt pipes up and I pull my eyes away from Justin, remembering that we aren’t alone in the room. He hits Justin’s arm and nods towards the recording booth as he presses a few more buttons on his switchboard.

 

“I need to warm up,” Justin says softly as he stands up and walks towards another door. “I’ll just be a minute,” he says to me before walking into another room, where I catch a glimpse of a piano. I nod quietly and sit back in my seat awkwardly as Matt continues to fidget with whatever he’s doing. The look Justin just gave me only confuses me even more, and the self-doubt starts to resurface as I try to analyze what just happened. It was like he suddenly didn’t want me here anymore, listening to his music. Maybe it’s too personal. He certainly didn’t look excited after the song finished playing.

 

“So,” Matt says suddenly, causing me to startle. I look up at him and see him smiling at me as he sits back in his chair with a writing pad in his lap. “Justin tells me you work at a bar downtown?”

 

“Yeah. I’m the manager at Blue Notes Café,” I nod as I hear the familiar sounds of a piano playing in the next room. “Have you heard of it?”

 

Matt nods as he adjusts the beanie on top of his head. “Yeah. I go there all the time, actually. I’ve never seen you though, I don’t think.”

 

“Well I mostly work behind the scenes, so I’m not on the floor a lot,” I shrug. We both look up when we hear Justin call out for Matt, and Matt excuses himself before entering into the piano room, leaving me all alone. A few seconds later, the door opens and Matt is standing there with an awkward smile on his face. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Um…I just have to work a little bit with Justin on warming up and stuff,” he says, looking down at his shoes. That’s when I learn that Matt is a horrible liar. “It’s going to take awhile. You could go upstairs and see what Kate and the kids are doing, if you wanted.”

 

“Sure,” I answer as I stand up and walk out of the room without another word. So that’s it, I guess. Justin realizes he doesn’t have the same feelings for me as I do for him. He regrets asking me here with him, and now he’s making me hang out with his friend’s wife as he comes up with a way to get rid of me. I walk up to the first floor landing and smile when I see Kate standing in the kitchen, trying to hold up both of her kids while simultaneously washing their hands.

 

“Hold still Braeden,” she huffs as her son squirms in her arms.

 

“Need some help?” I ask, rushing forward to catch Braeden before he falls out of her arms.

 

“Thank you,” she grins as she readjusts Brianne in her arms and finishes wiping off the colored marker off the little girl’s hands. “They got a little excited with their coloring today.”

 

“I can see that,” I laugh, seeing the marker on Braeden’s face as I help him scrub his hands.

 

“So what are you doing up here?” Kate asks as she rests Brianne on the counter and dries her hands.

 

“Um…well they needed to warm up or something, so I was kicked out.”

 

Kate laughs and shakes her head as she carries Brianne back to the floor. “Don’t be offended or anything. Matt and Justin have always been private with their music. They don’t like sharing it with anyone unless it’s truly perfect, which it never is in their ears. You wouldn’t believe how many times Matt has kicked me out because the key was off, even though I wouldn’t have been able to tell you if it was slapping me in the face. I’m sure they’ll have it fixed soon.”

 

“Mommy, can I go outside and play?” Brianne asks, tugging on her mother’s shirt.

 

“Not right now, sweetie. I have to finish the laundry, so I can’t watch you,” Kate shakes her head and I smile when I see Brianne pout.

 

“I can watch her,” I suggest. “The boys will probably be working for awhile.”

 

“You don’t have to…”

 

“No, don’t worry. It’s no problem at all,” I shake my head as I let Brianne take my hand and pull me out towards the backyard. Braeden comes running behind us and the two siblings run off towards the swing set as I trudge along after them. I sit down in the swinging bench under a huge oak tree and wrap my jacket around my body tighter as the cool December weather hits me. I’m intently watching the two kids play and don’t notice Justin until he comes around and sits down next to me. I turn to him and smile softly before looking back at the kids. I guess this is where he tells me he’s going to take me back home.

 

“Hey…” he says, nudging me with his elbow. “I was wondering where you’d run off to. What are you doing out here?”

 

“Just watching your beautiful godchildren,” I answer with a smile. “Are we leaving now?”

 

“Um…if you want to. I was kind of hoping you’d come down and listen to the song.”

 

“Oh…you still want me to?” I can’t hide the shock in my voice as I turn back to look at him. He gives me an odd look as he nods, before offering me a warm smile.

 

“Of course. I wouldn’t have asked you here if I hadn’t,” he chuckles. “Why would you think I wouldn’t?”

 

I shrug my shoulders and look down at my feet as we begin to swing back and forth. “I don’t know. You were acting kind of weird downstairs.” He stands up suddenly and holds his hand out to me, giving me a pointed look.

 

“Come on girl. Let’s go record a song,” he grins. I take his hand and he smiles before turning back to the two kids, whom I now notice have stopped running around and are peering at us over the little tower at the top of their swing set. “Come on you nosy kids.” They slide down the slide and come over to us with impish smiles as we head inside.

 

“I’m tired,” Brianne yawns as she shuffles her feet, slowly walking next to me.

 

“Time for a nap?” Justin asks, leaning forward to grin at his goddaughter. She shakes her head stubbornly and he chuckles, shaking his head at her as she walks into the house and immediately curls up on the couch. We go back downstairs and Justin tells me to sit down as he walks into the recording booth. I watch him stand behind the music stand and put on his headphones as he talks to Matt about where to start the track. The beat they played for me before begins, and I watch, mesmerized as Justin closes his eyes and starts to sing.

 

A vision of you girl, across the room

A club full of people, all I see is you

You're making eyes, you realise that I'm watching you

It's so hard to believe you could peek at me from across the room

I've been tryin' to push up next to you all night

But I gotta wait for a moment, for me that's right

And I don't wanna sound like those other guys

But what if I never have another chance to, to tell you

Just how you make me feel

And I just gotta let you know

My eyes are glued to him as his eyes open and he gazes at me with a smirk, teasing me with his words and the sway of his body as he sings. I suddenly feel a lot warmer, and I know it has nothing to do with the temperature of the room.

You're softly killing me, with just your mere words 'hello'

This may sound a bit crazy, but lately I just wanted you to know

You strangely seduce me, with just the way you say hello

This may sound quite forward, but honey

Is there somewhere we can go?

Normally I just can't believe, I don't act this wild

But there's something about, the way you smile at me

I feel like a child

And when you said 'hi', I almost lost my mind from the sound of you

I can tell you're kind, you wanna go out of sight

But you don't wanna be rude

Girl I've been tryin to push up next to you all night

But I gotta wait for a moment, for me that's right

And I don't wanna sound like those other guys

But what if I never have another chance to, to tell you

Just how you make me feel

And I just gotta let you know

You're softly killing me, with just you're mere words 'hello'

This may sound a bit crazy, but lately I just wanted you to know

You strangely seduce me, with just the way you say 'hello'

This may sound quite forward, but honey

Is there somewhere we can go?

 

The song ends and I feel like time stops with how slow everything seems to move afterwards. I really have no words right now. I’m feeling way too many emotions at the same time, ranging from shock to utter want for him. He takes his headphones off and finally looks away from me as he heads out of the recording booth. The door opens and he steps through, smiling apprehensively as he sits down in the chair next to me and Matt makes some lame excuse, quickly shuffling out of the room.

 

“So…” Justin chuckles, scratching the back of his head as he swivels his chair around to face me.

 

“I love it,” I beam proudly, nodding my head as I smile at him. “It’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard before.”

 

He blushes and looks away from my gaze. “Thank you. I’m glad you liked it…’cause I kind of wrote it about you.”

 

“Really?” I ask, although I’m not really that shocked. The way he was looking at me as he sang was a pretty good clue, even if he hadn’t intended it to be about me.

 

“Yeah. I wrote it awhile ago, actually. A few months ago when you were seeing that guy.”

 

“What guy?” I haven’t even remotely looked at any other man in any sexual or more than friendly way since I’ve met Justin. Okay…so maybe there was that one guy who I tried to go on a few dates with, but only because I was convinced I could get over Justin if my mind was occupied by another man. Obviously, that plan did not end so well. “Oh…Nick?”

 

Justin shrugs as he leans back in the chair and peers at me. “Sure.”

 

“I wasn’t seeing him. We went to dinner, twice I think. So lame,” I shake my head disappointedly as a small smile spreads across his handsome face. God I just want to grab him and demand that he take me right now against the wall. “Honestly…I was only seeing him because I thought he would get my mind off of you.” I feel my cheeks flush as he slides his chair closer to me and our knees hit.

 

“Yeah? How’d that work out?” He’s staring right at me, and his tongue peeks out to lick his lips real slow. He’s such a fucking tease. And I love it.

 

“Not so good,” I shake my head as I stare back at him. His hand reaches up to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, and as he does so, he leans in and our lips meet in a fiery kiss. I’m practically clawing and crawling myself into his lap, and his hands are like fire against my body as he pulls me out of my chair. I finally pull my lips away to breathe, and pant softly as our foreheads rest against one another.

 

“Let’s get out of here,” he whispers, his deep blue eyes dancing mischievously as he licks his lips again. Oh god, yes please. I’ll go anywhere, as long as you’re there and we need as little amount of clothing as possible. I nod wordlessly and he places his hands on my hips before pushing me up to stand up off his lap. My knees are wobbly and I can hardly stand the anticipation of what’s coming next.

 

Or rather who’s coming next.

 

============================

 

I’m lost.

 

Not in the literal, don’t know my location, kind of lost, or the kind where I’m stuck on a scary island because a plane crashed. But I really have no fucking idea what I’m going to do. At least at Matt’s, I was able to hide behind the microphone and not have to deal with how fucking nervous Ellie makes me. But now…we’re sitting in my car and I’m horny as shit, and all I want to do is take her back to my place and lock ourselves in…but I can’t. I can’t rush something like this. I don’t want her to think I only want to fuck her.

 

But God, do I ever want to. My jaw almost hit the floor when she opened her door this morning, looking all sexy in her tight sweater and jeans. And I was this close to just pushing her back into her apartment and dragging her into her bedroom. But I held myself back, and then we went to Matt’s and I got all nervous again. Scared that my song about her would scare her away, and then I had a minor freak out and hid in Matt’s piano room. Luckily, he beat some sense into me, and I convinced her to come back down. The look on her face when she heard the song was enough for me to quit my teaching career and chase after my dream to be a musician, just as long as she looks at me like that every day.

 

“Where are we going?” I hear her ask through my panic-induced haze, and I blink slowly before turning to look at her smiling at me.

 

“Um…” Shit, where are we going? I was just driving, to be honest. “Are you hungry?”

 

“Yeah,” she nods and I sigh, relieved that I can now wine and dine her a little. Treat her to a good dinner before the dessert part comes up, if you catch my drift.

 

“Do you like Italian? I know this really good place nearby.”

 

“I love Italian,” she answers and I smile when she leans back in her chair and closes her eyes peacefully.

 

“Are you tired?”

 

Her honey-colored eyes open and she shakes her head, but I catch the yawn that she quickly hides behind her hand. “No.”

 

“Liar,” I chuckle as she blushes.

 

“Okay…just a little. I didn’t get much sleep last night,” she confesses as I pull into a little strip mall and park the car. “My boss kept me back until three to finish cleaning up. But I’m not that tired. I promise.” I give her an unconvinced look, and she just smiles back at me before turning towards the car door and climbing out, giving me a perfect view of her butt. I follow her lead and meet her on the sidewalk, where I proceed to lead her towards the restaurant with my hand on her lower back. We walk through the doors and look around curiously when we see that the whole dining area has been cleared away for a dance floor and I turn to a waitress who is busy folding napkins into some sort of animal.

 

“Excuse me, miss. Is the restaurant not open?”

 

“Only for another thirty minutes. We have a wedding party tonight,” she explains as she shakes her head. “But you can still order take-out.” I look at Ellie and she just shrugs her shoulders as she reaches for a menu.

 

“We can do that,” she nods as she skims over the menu in her hands. We order our food and wait for a few minutes while it’s getting ready, and I invite Ellie back to my apartment for dinner.

 

“I have an unopened bottle of wine at home,” I grin, waggling my eyebrows at her as she laughs, shaking her head at my playful banter. I love her laugh. Her whole face lights up when she thinks something’s funny, and I like to think that she thinks I’m pretty funny. I mean, I think I’m pretty hilarious.

 

“Sounds perfect,” she smiles as she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. The waitress approaches us with our food, and after a minor scuffle about who’s paying for what, we finally leave after I’ve pretty much shoved my credit card into the waitress’s face and blocked Ellie from doing the same. It was a pretty victorious moment. She pretends to act all huffy as we walk to the car, but I know she secretly loves it. What girl wouldn’t want to be treated to dinner? The car ride home is pretty quiet as we both just listen and sing along to the radio as I drive down the busy highway. We get into my apartment and the first thing I do is warm up the food as Ellie sits down on the floor to play with my new Boxer puppy. She looks so fucking adorable, laughing and giggling as the dog jumps on top of her and licks her face. There’s nothing I love more than a girl who isn’t afraid to get some dog slobber on her.

 

“Todd,” I say in a stern voice and frown when he turns to look at me, and then focuses back on the attention Ellie is giving him. She laughs and sticks her tongue out at me as she struggles to stand back up on her feet.

 

“Looks like someone likes me more than his owner,” she teases as she walks to the sink and washes her hands.

 

“Only because you’re the first female he’s seen in his house. He’s kind of hormonal like that,” I shrug as I scowl down at Todd, who is now sitting at my feet and looking up at me with his big brown eyes. Tough luck bud, you lost your chance for a treat when you chose the lady over me. The oven starts beeping and I move to get the food out as I ask Ellie to grab the bottle of wine out of the fridge.

 

“Oooh!” she exclaims and I look up from her chicken marsala to see her holding a bottle of whipped cream in her hands. “I love this stuff! I used to just spray it in my mouth for dessert when I was little.”

 

I’m frozen in place, bent over the counter with my face staring at her as she tilts her head back and shakes the can. I can hardly believe what I’m seeing when she aims the bottle into her mouth and sprays the sweet cream into her open mouth. Oh god…thank god I’m wearing jeans. I think I just came a little in my pants….

 

“Uh…” I stutter, completely shocked and turned on at the same time. I don’t think we’ll last through dinner. She brings her head back down and licks her lips real slow, catching the traces of whipped cream that sprayed a little on to her face. I pretty much black out when she takes her finger, wipes away the extra amount that accumulated on the tip of the can, and sticks her finger into her mouth. All I can do is stare as she moans a little and sucks on her finger.

 

“Yum,” she winks and I shake my head at her, trying to clear my head. “I haven’t done that since I was a kid. I forget how much fun it is.”

 

“I…I think I have ice cream, if you want some later,” I mutter as I finish plating out dinner and focus my eyes on anything but her honey-colored eyes and soft smirk.

 

“And chocolate syrup?” I turn to look at her, and see the twinkle in her eyes, and immediately know she was deliberately teasing me this whole time.

 

“Girl, you better watch yourself,” I warn as I carry our two plates towards my little dining table. She sits down and pours the wine into two glasses as I sit down across from her

 

“This is the first time I’ve been in your apartment,” she remarks as she finishes pouring our drinks. She looks around the room and nods her head in approval as her eyes turn back to look at me. “I like it.”

 

“Thanks. My mother helped decorate. There’s no way I’d be able to do all that myself.” She nods and smiles at me as I hold up my wine glass. “Here’s to a very enjoyable day and delicious dinner. Thank you for coming with me, Ellie.”

 

“Thank you for inviting me. I haven’t had such a relaxing time in months,” she nods as she brings the glass down to her lips after softly hitting it against mine. After dinner, we move to my couch with our wine glasses and a re-run of Friends on the TV. She’s all snuggled up next to my side and my arm is loosely draped around her shoulders as we watch TV and I could honestly be happy just relaxing with her every night for the rest of my life. A few minutes into it, I realize how tired she’s getting and notice her eyelids getting heavier.

 

“You should lie down,” I say, stroking her arm and she raises her head off my shoulder to look at me.

 

“I’m comfy here,” she smiles and I just smile back, nodding my head. How could I say no to that smile? After a few more minutes, I notice her breathing is much slower and I realize she’s completely asleep, so I gently maneuver our bodies so that she’s lying on the couch as I cover her with a blanket and turn the TV off. I contemplate waking her up, but she looks so beautiful and peaceful, I figure she can wake-up and leave whenever she wants to later on. I unwillingly walk into my bedroom and cast her one last look before shutting the door quietly.

 

It looks like tonight is going to be another lonely one again, except for the fact that I feel so content and happy, compared to my usual depressed mood. Now I know the feelings I have for Ellie are mutual, and that makes me feel so much more confident. Especially with that little whipped cream stunt she pulled earlier, I know she can take it just as much as she can dish it, which certainly helps in the foreplay department. I swear to god, we could just have verbal foreplay and be ready for each other. The conversation over dinner was enough to let me know that we won’t be lacking anything in that department. I don’t have to try so hard to win her affection, and I can be myself around her. I haven’t felt this good about a girl in a long time, and I plan on making this relationship last. No matter how hard I have to work for it, because I just have a feeling that it’s worth it.

 

She’s worth it.

Chapter End Notes:
Song Lyrics are from JT's "Just Wanted You to Know"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story