Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Photobucket

Chapter One - Brooke & Justin

Brooke Lewis was tired. She hadn’t slept well the night before because she’d gone to bed late, and she sure was paying for it today. Not to mention the store was absolutely dead today, that was just the icing on the cake. Thank God it was Friday. As she walked out of the mall the bright sun hit her eyes. She immediately reached into her oversized purse to fish out her sunglasses before she got a migraine. She found them before she found her car and sighed with relief when she put them on. She ventured more into the parking lot and finally found her small Honda Civic and unlocked it before getting in. She started it up and ventured out of the parking lot after finding her favourite radio station. She sang along to a few popular songs as she made her way a few blocks down the road to the elementary school. She quickly found a spot to park and shut it off. She stretched as she got out of the car and made her way to the junior kindergarten door to wait for Harlow.

Harlow, was Brooke’s bright, green-eyed baby girl. She just turned five a month ago, and was the absolute light of her life. She’d been an oopsie baby for Brooke back when she had first started college, but Brooke wouldn’t change anything for the world. Sure, her life had dramatically changed because of it, but she wasn’t going to. The door opened soon enough and Brooke scanned the group of little kids in their cute little jumpers and Dora the Explorer backpacks for her daughter. When she laid eyes on her, she smiled. Harlow caught her eye and immediately went running for her.

“Mommy!” She cried, launching herself at Brooke.
“Well hello there Princess.” Brooke smiled, picking up the little girl and hoisting her on her hip.
“Hi.” She smiled. Brooke kissed her forehead before waving to her teacher and turning around to walk towards the car.
“Did you have a good day at school baby?” Brooke asked softly while strapping Harlow into her car seat.
“I did!” She smiled excitedly. “I played with my friends Andrew and Molly in the sandbox!” She smiled.
“You did?” Brooke smiled as she finished up and then got in her seat, starting the car.
“Yup and we made a big castle! And Mrs. Murray took a picture of it!”
“Wow, that’s awesome baby” Brooke smiled.

They made their way home to their little apartment a few blocks away. Once they arrived, Brooke herded Harlow upstairs and sent to her to her room to change out of her school clothes while she sorted through the mail.

“Bill, bill, bill, Cosmo, bill…” She mumbled to herself. Harlow came running in a few minutes later.
“Mommy, can you turn on the TV please?” She asked softly. Brooke looked down at her little girl for a moment before nodding. She placed the mail on the counter for a moment and went to turn on the TV before going into her bedroom and changing out of her work clothes. Thank God it was Friday.

*

Justin Timberlake’s day was pretty much just getting started. He’d been out late last night at the bar he owned, Cryptic and basically had just managed to pull himself out of bed. He made his way across the tiled floor of the bathroom and took in his appearance in the mirror. He looked rough, there was no doubt about that. His mother always lectured him about staying out late but as usual he never listened. Why bother? It’s not like he had anything better to do then schmooze with the patrons and drink pretty much free booze whenever he wanted. He moved away from the mirror and headed down the stairs of his small house into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and reached for a bottle of Gatorade before heading to the porch clad only in his pajama bottoms and reaching for the paper. He was just settling on the couch when the phone rang. He groaned and reached over to pick it up.

“Hello?”
“Hey sweetie.”
“Hi Mom.” He rolled his eyes.
“You just get up?”
“No Mom.” He said slowly.
“You’re lying.”
“And you would know that how?” He challenged.
“Because I’m your mother…you remember what I said to you?”
“I know Mom. Staying up late solves nothing. I know. Anything else?” He said softly.
“No. I just called to check up on you. I’ll see you tonight at the Bar?”
“Yes ma’am. See you tonight.” He smiled. “Love you.”
“Love you too.”

Justin hung up the phone and sighed. His mother was part owner of the bar as well. Hence the ever growing pressure on his head to not ruin his reputation. She also liked being around so she could scout the girls for him. That was another thing. His mother was dying for grandchildren ever since his friend JC got custody of his little boy Andrew. Damn him. He stood up from the couch, tossing the phone aside. He stretched and looked at the time. 3:45pm. He might as well get in the shower now. Another night at the bar awaits.
Chapter End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc