Chapter Four

The boys had situated themselves in Justin’s living room sitting around the small square coffee table with a micro-waved pizza sitting in the middle, with paper plates and napkins.

JC put a small piece on Andrew’s plate warning him that it was hot and to not get burned before sitting down one edge of the couch. Justin had gone to the kitchen to get drinks bringing out a juice box for Andrew and a beer for himself and JC.

“A little early isn’t it?” JC questioned as he took the cold beer from Justin.

Justin popped the top open before taking a drink and looked back at JC, “it’s after 12” he explained with a shrug.

JC shook his head setting the beer on the table on a napkin before turning to look at Andrew who now had pizza sauce all over his face.

He chuckled before turning back to Justin, “How was the bar?” he questioned.

Justin shrugged, “Same as always” he explained, “People were extra cranky last night though, and I had to stop these two guys from getting into it over the one chick”

JC chuckled, “How’s your mom doin?” he questioned.

“She’s fine, trying to set me up with a different girl every weekend” Justin replied rolling his eyes as he took another drink of his beer.

“At least she can find girls that are interested” JC said, “Try getting a girl to go out with you with little man there hanging on your ever move”

“Andrew’s a chick magnet, what are you talking about?” Justin questioned with a smirk.

JC rolled his eyes before turning to look at his son again, who was trying to put the straw into the juice box, but his hands were covered in sauce and it wasn’t working out too well. JC sat up leaning forward to take the box from him, putting the straw into the hole and putting it back on the table. Andrew looked up at him with appreciative smile before drinking his juice.

“You should move on you know” Justin said watching his friend, “Kate would want you too”

JC rolled his eyes, “I don’t need anyone else, Andrew’s enough” he said.

Justin chuckled, “Yeah, we’ll see about that” he said before reaching over to take a piece of pizza from the plate and taking a bite.

JC remained quiet as Justin finished eating, watching Andrew.

“So when’s your next game lil buddy” Justin asked,

Andrew looked up at him, “Tuesdey…against the Sharks!” he said smiling, “Right dad?”

JC nodded, “That’s right, at 4:30” he said, “And you have the opening of that play on Thursday”

“Oh yeah!” Andrew said, “You gonna come unkle Justin?”

Justin smiled, “Of course I’ll be there” he said, “Maybe we’ll get some ice cream after ok?”

Andrew’s eyes got big and he smiled brightly, “Yeay!” he said.

Justin and JC laughed. A few minutes Andrew announced that he was done and JC helped him clean his hands before he convinced Justin to play some basketball with him. Justin finished his pizza before getting up and going with Andrew into the backyard where Justin had a small hoop and ball and the two started playing.

JC watched from the backyard, he knew that he needed to move on from Kate. He crossed his arms over his chest as he watched his son jump up and try to get the ball from Justin. His bright blue eyes getting bigger with each jump as he giggled that infectious giggle he got from his mom. He loved Kate a lot, and didn’t know if he could move on or if he even wanted to. He did know that he needed to find someone for Justin; he couldn’t keep living this way.

*

The girls decided to take their lunch back to Brooke’s to eat instead of sitting in the small restaurant. The reached Brooke’s house and situated themselves around the small dinning room table. Harlow sat in her usual chair on her booster seat trying her best to eat the large sandwich but every time she took a bite the condiments came out of the other end of the sandwich falling onto the paper plate.

Brooke watched her daughter with a smile as Harlow picked at the mayo covered condiments on the plate pouting.

“Dis is not working” Harlow pouted as she looked up at her mother.

Brooke shook her head with a giggle and looked at Izzie who was trying not to laugh.

“The sandwich is too big for you baby” Brooke said as she took a chip out of the bag that she and Izzie were sharing.

“How about you jus eat the Turkey” Brooke said as she opened up the sandwich and Harlow started to pick at the pieces of turkey that were inside.

They were quiet a few minutes as the three girls finished eating their lunch.

“So what are your plans for the rest of the weekend?” Brooke asked Izzie as she sipped her soda.

Elizabeth shrugged, “I didn’t really have anything planned” she said, “You?”

Brooke rolled her eyes, “Jus another night of Harlow and I” she said, “You’re welcome to join us”

Elizabeth looked down at her cell phone that was sitting on the table beside her place mat. She had been checking it all day to see if Johnny had called, but she no avail he hadn’t.

“Are you expecting a call?” Brooke asked,

Elizabeth looked up at her, “No” she said before putting a chip into her mouth and sat back against her seat.

Brooke watched her sister, they may have been step sisters but she knew her well enough to know when she was lying. Elizabeth was hoping Johnny would call, she would never admit that though. The sisters were quiet for a few minutes finishing their lunch before Elizabeth spoke up again.

“You know what,” she said and waited for Brooke to look at her “We should go out tonight”

Brooke made a face, “Are you crazy?” she asked,

“C’mon, we can leave Harlow with mom for a few hours” Elizabeth said, “I’ve been dying to go to this club that the girls at work were talking about”

“Which one?” questioned Brooke.

“Cryptic” Elizabeth replied, “They have a band ever Saturday night, c’mon we should go”

Brooke made a face looking at Harlow who was munching on some apple slices not really paying attention to the two women.

“When was the last time we went out like that?” Izzie questioned, “Jus the girls … c’mon … please” she smiled.

Brooke rolled her eyes, “Alright fine” she sighed, “You totally owe me for this”

Elizabeth smiled, “You won’t regret it,” she said, “I promise”

Brooke was hoping she was right.
Chapter End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com

Incomplete
Sassy Spacey is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked As Fate Would Have It also liked 190 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc