Author's Chapter Notes:
I busted out a chapter within an hour of me having to leave for work ... definitely a record for me, hahaha.  It's finally picking up to where I want it - I hope you all don't hate me for the ending, but just know that it's not over yet, trust me!

As always, please read and review!

*Alisan*

"Get this," Justin said, breaking my blank stare at the mug of coffee in my hands. I looked up, waiting for him to resume what I was supposed to be getting, he leaning up against the counter and cradling his own mug, cell phone that had been on his ear only moments before now on the counter. "Now, because of me sleeping with Katie, she thinks we're together."

I raised an eyebrow, releasing my hands from the mug as I cracked my knuckles, studying his face. He didn't seem too bothered by it. "And that means ... what, exactly?"

"I don't know," he said, voice puzzled. "Normally, I'd be really freaked and tell them to never talk to me again, but she seemed ... different than what I dated. Maybe a weird different, but it was fun, nonetheless."

I didn't know if I bought what he said, the look on his face a little hesitant as he said it. "So you're going to go along with it?"

"For now, maybe," he nodded, setting the cup down and crossing the kitchen to sit across from me at the island. "Why?"

"You just ... didn't seem that interested yesterday."

"I liked her, San. And obviously with you and I never working, I need to move on, right? So that's what I'm gonna do," he said, the subject of he and I suddenly causing that familiar churn in my stomach that I hated so much. "No one is ever going to be you, but if I can't be with you, I've gotta be with someone who wants me, too."

I sighed deeply, shaking my head. "It's not like 99.9% of the population is better than me anyway," I shrugged, looking down and taking my mug, bringing the hot coffee to my mouth and hissing as it burned the roof of my mouth. "They're all better. I never understood how you chose me, anyway."

"Oh, c'mon, San," he said, agitated. "You know why I want you." He stopped, catching himself. "Wanted." When I shook my head at him, he shook his head, letting his eyes burn into mine so hard that I felt as if I looked away, he'd burn my skin away with his look. "You're amazing. You're the one woman who has never let me put myself on this pedestal. When I actually do, you're there to knock it out from underneath me and give that satisfied look when I land on my ass. You're the rare find that doesn't think much of herself, but if she'd actually open her eyes wide enough, she'd realize that everyone thinks she's as beautiful as I do. You're not the typical woman who is obsessed with her body. You know what you have and embrace it. You're funny as hell, sweet as ever, and you care about me. And in the five and a half years we've known each other, you haven't attempted to get in my pants. That I know of."

"Not like a man like you would argue with."

He raised an eyebrow, not getting me. "What?"

"If I knew it was easy to get into someone's pants like Katie did, then maybe I should pull some of her moves and get advice on how to do so."

"San -"

I got up, my mind whirling. Why was I upset about this? This was totally out of my mindframe. "I'm going to my room." Getting up, I grabbed onto my crutches, slowly hobbling towards the guest room as he sat there, stunned. I was stunned, too. It was definitely not the reaction I was aiming for, nor was it the response to him that I was aware would be coming out of my mouth. I reached forward, setting my crutches on the wall and hitting the stereo power button, hitting shuffle and letting the music play as I lay there, trying not to concentrate on what my mind was busy whirling about, letting the words of the music take me away ... though with what was being sung, it wasn't helping much. It was taking me back to the thoughts I had the other night, and now my mind was going haywire.

When we turn out the lights
The two of us alone together

"San?" Justin pushed open the door, a smirk on his face as he looked at me, lying on my back and staring at him, trying to sing softly to myself and ignore his gaze, eyes widening as he played himself onto Justin Timberlake yet again, the cocky smile forming as he crawled from the foot of the bed over to me, staring down at me with a smirk. "Backstreet Boys, huh?"
Something's just not right
But girl, you know that I would never
Ever let another touch
Come between the two of us
'Cause no one else will ever take your place

"It's not the Backstreet Boys," I mumbled, turning my head as I stared at the wall. "It's Joe."

"Same song, might as well be them," he said lightly. "You gonna tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm fine," I said, a grunt escaping my mouth as he put his weight on me, forehead against mine as he studied my face, looking for answers. "C'mon, J, you're heavy."

"So?" He grinned, voice near my ear now as he began to sing along, sending goosebumps all over my body.

No one else comes close ... to you
No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special, girl ... to me
And you'll always be eternally
Everytime I hold you near
You always say the words I long to hear
Girl, with just a touch
You can do so much
No one else comes close

I licked my lips, swallowing hard as the realization washed over me. I was falling in love with him. The one thing I tried to fight for so long had finally won the war, the little battles with my heart that I had succeeded in victoriously meant nothing. My heart was now standing atop of my chest with the flag, waving victory. The nights when all I could think about was he touching me, the smell of him, it was all part of my losing. Now, I was helplessly, hopelessly in love with him ... and there was nothing I could do about it.

He lifted up his head, holding himself up with his arms as he continued to sing to me, the unmistaken look in his eyes the same as they were the numerous times I tried to read him, and when he finally told me how he felt now looking back at me. I couldn't help myself, I needed to touch his face as he continued to sing to me, eyes dropping closed as I ran a finger along his chin and slowly up his jaw line to the chiseled section of his cheekbone, closing my eyes and sighing deeply.

I was in trouble.

And when I wake up to
The touch of your head on my shoulder
You're my dream come true
And girl you know I'll always treasure
Every kiss, and every day
I love you, girl
In every way
And I always will
'Cause in my eyes

Oh, baby
No one else comes close ... to you
No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special, girl ... to me
And you'll always be eternally
Every time I hold you near
You always say the words I long to hear
Girl, with just a touch
You can do so much

No one else comes close ...

I opened my eyes when I felt his breath close to my face, hand still cradling the side of his face and shifting when I felt the compromising position we were in: his legs overlapping mine, careful of my cast, hip to hip, nearly chest to chest, my breasts just barely grazing him. Leaning down, he slid a hand up to my cheek, caressing it with the back of his fingers. "San, I don't know what you want me to do," he said softly, eyes studying mine as I felt my breath hitch in my throat, the closeness of us bringing me to a place I hadn't been in a long time. "I don't know how you want me to feel, but I can't help that it's hard getting over you ..."

"I'm not a good person to be with," I said softly, slowly. "I'm not, I'm not your type."

"I don't have a type," he mumbled, eyes slowly traveling down to my mouth as I nervously licked my lips, his own tongue snaking out and licking his. "I have a preference, and I prefer you."

"Justin -"

"I want you, San. There hasn't been a doubt in my mind for so long, and that scares me ... but I want you. I want all of you: your heart, your smile, your body ... your undivided attention," he laughed, tipping my chin as I stared at his mouth. "I want your mouth on mine, I want your body against mine as I make love to you the way you deserve. I want to be able to rip your clothes from your body and not worry about what you're thinking ..."

I could only nod, eyes dropping closed once more as his hand continued it's gentle stroking against my cheek, once more licking my lips as I felt his hand slowly slide down my face to my collarbone, making it's way to the back of my neck. He was closer now, through half-lidded eyes, I managed to watch him lick his lips again, eyes on my mouth. Moments later, almost as if in slow motion, his mouth was against mine in the most heartwrenching kiss I could ever imagine.

I didn't stop him. That was another realization that occurred to me, realizing that I was not just falling in love with him, I was in love with him. I felt the way our mouths molded together perfectly, the way his body fit mine like a puzzle, how his tongue knew exactly what to do to drive me over the edge and wanting to rip his clothes off.

But I couldn't. We couldn't.

I felt his hand slowly go down towards my shirt, hiking it up so that he could slip a hand in, gripping my hip and he gently rocked against me. He wanted it as much as I did, but I knew I had to stop it. There was now another woman and this was wrong.

I always knew wrong would feel better than right eventually.

Chapter End Notes:
Song credit:

'No One Else Comes Close', Joe/Backstreet Boys


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story