Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm pretty sure I know where this is gonna go - I'm pleased with the ending, though not very sure if it'll be the ending just yet.  It depends on how I go with the next few chapters.  And yes, there will be a sequel.  Only because I can't part with these two characters just yet.  So, there can be two ways that the sequel can start: with them together or apart ... we'll see =]

Enjoy!

*Justin*

I was walking down a hospital hallway much like the one I had been walking in when Alisan was in the car accident, staring at a clock. I heard her call me and I remember running into the room as a doctor sat at her feet, pulling gloves on and pulling up her gown.

Of course, that was when I realized she was in labor.

My heart was pounding, palms sweaty as I approached her, she reaching her hand for me. I let her grip onto my hand tightly, feeling as if my fingers were to fall off if she even squeezed a bit more, she leaning her head into my arm as I leaned into the pillow beside her head, placing kisses on her neck as the doctor spoke to her then, telling her as soon as he prepped, he wanted her to begin pushing. To begin pushing and her baby boy would be in the world shortly.

I felt light headed; a baby boy? A baby?! Did this mean we were together?

I lifted my head, traveling down to our entwined hands. She was wearing an engagement ring and nothing else. My fingers, bare. Were we engaged? Why did I not know anything in this dream? Was she engaged to me? Having my baby? If it wasn't me, who was she with?

When the doctor cued her to push, I was instructed to hold her pillow up so she could keep her chin at her chest, gently coaching her through each contraction and push. For the most part, she was a little less loud than women I had seen on television giving birth, but there had been moments where her cries seemed a bit louder than usual. She pushed for twenty minutes, and as if I had blacked out, I opened my eyes and a little baby was resting in her arms, eyes open and blinking rapidly to the bright lights, small, delicate features and long, graceful hands.

"You have to call JC," she said, turning to look at me with tears in her eyes. Great. She was with JC. I knew that this was how it would happen. "... tell him he's an uncle again."

"A-again?"

"Of course, silly," she laughed, shaking her head and reaching for my hand, "Brianna and now your son."

My son. Alisan and I were together. I was engaged to her, I got her pregnant, and now, we were a family. She was a mommy, and I ... I was a daddy. I felt tears form in my eyes when I saw her holding him near, situating herself so she could feed him. Pushing back hair that was still slightly sticking to her forehead from the entire labor and birthing process, I placed my lips to her forehead, warm to her clammy skin. "You're beautiful," I said softly for only her to hear. "Beautiful and amazing and I'm so proud of you."

She turned her head, tired brown meeting my own tired ones. "Be proud of yourself, too, daddy; you helped make the most beautiful baby I have ever seen."

I grinned, leaning down and placing a kiss on his cheek before lifting my head to her mouth and kissing it firmly. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she said softly, head dropping back onto her pillow in exhaustion. "Call Jace. He's probably wondering what is going on after the frantic call you left him last night."

And almost just as quickly as my baby arrived, I was on the phone with JC, he overseas promoting. "You had him already? He's early! He was supposed to wait!"

I couldn't help but laugh at JC's disappointment of my son's early arrival. "You're still Uncle JC ... or Josh, whatever you want him to call you when he can actually spit your name out," I smiled, looking down at Alisan as she nursed him, eyes dropping slowly every so often. "He's beautiful, C. You should see him ..."

"Well, get Alisan's phone, take a picture and send it to me!"

"She's kind of indisposed right now," I laughed, JC cracking up on the other line. "When she's done, I will."

"Well, give me the stats! How tall, how much did he weigh?"

"I can't remember," I laughed, looking over at his incubator and reading it aloud to him, "Six pounds, nine ounces. Nineteen inches long."

"You name him yet?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "Jackson Riley." How did I know that and not anything else?

"Have you called the others? Your mom there? Her parents?"

"I haven't called them yet; she wanted me to call you first. And yes, they'll be in shortly. Alisan wanted privacy while she fed Jack."

"So we have another Timberlake in the world," JC laughed. "God, the world better watch out for this one. Not only is he a Timberlake, but he's also a Turner."

"J, will you take him, please?" Alisan's tired voice broke my attention from my conversation with JC, telling him I'd call him later so I could tend to my sleepy son. I promised a picture as soon as I got to her phone, and hung up shortly after. The others could wait.

When I took him into my arms, I felt at peace. A new beginning of innocence was staring up at me in an unfocused manner, his large blue eyes the exact replica of mine as a newborn (from photos that I had seen, anyway) and the peach fuzz that graced the top of his soft head was already slightly wavy. My first thought was 'That kid is gonna hate me when he gets old enough to realize just how much of a pain that hair is'. He had a slight olive complexion just like his mama, but everything else was me. All me. This was my son. I was a father.

And, before this, nothing topped my life other than winning Grammy's and seeing my music hit the number one spot. And I assumed finally landing Alisan. But this, right now, holding my son, would top everything from here on out. There would be nothing better than remembering the moment I first locked eyes with my new son, felt his tiny, graceful fingers wrap around mine and hold steadily as he yawned dramatically, tired from his long day.

"Look," Alisan said, breaking my attention from Jackson as she reached for the remote, my face in the corner of the small television. "They got it already?"

"I guess," I said, shrugging as I listened to the man talk. "They must have sent it out just as soon as he was born so rumors wouldn't fly."

"The music world has welcomed another addition to its family: Justin Timberlake and his fiancee, Alisan Turner, welcomed a healthy baby boy earlier this morning. Weighing in at six pounds, nine ounces, Jackson Riley Timberlake has already made an impression on the family with the likes of his father always wanting to be early for shows. Justin's publicist states that both mother and baby are doing extremely well and Justin is very excited to have become a father."

I looked over at Alisan, she looking back at me with a soft smile and half-closed eyes. I gave her a smile, laughing a bit at the look she was giving me, "what?"

"Nothing," she said quietly, still smiling. "Just watching you. I don't think you ever had to worry about becoming a father; you look natural. And amazing."

I grinned, looking down at the baby who was now asleep in my arms. "Nothing ever seemed quite as right as this does now."

This was the life I dreamed about.

I woke suddenly, the warmth against the side of my body signalling that Alisan had too, fallen asleep sometime (perhaps shortly) after me. She was lying on her side, legs tangled with one of my own, hands gripping one of mine, one below, one above my hand; how she had managed that was beyond me. In my dream, we were happier than I could have ever imagined ... I wanted that. I wanted her to realize that what I dreamt, could be a reality. She just had to face it and face her fears. We'd be beautiful together.

I closed my eyes, imagining what she had probably looked like pregnant in my dream. Obviously, she was covered by a gown and blankets so I didn't really pay attention to her stomach, rather the red bundle exiting out of her and into the world. I imagined she'd grow rather large: all women that carried Timberlake's seemed to have (especially Lisa, who carried three children and looked as if she were carrying a twenty pound watermelon underneath her top); become fuller in the breasts as I noticed in my dream (I am a man, I do look) and have that glow that people spoke about.

"Hey," she said softly, breaking me of my thoughts, "it's still dark. Go back to sleep."

"I could say the same for you," I said softly, feeling her releasing my hands, taking the opportunity to turn onto my side to face her. "Why'd you wake up?"

"You were grinding your teeth," she said softly, reaching forward and touching my jaw. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing, really," I said, shrugging and feeling my eyes become heavy once more. It was probably not even close to 3 AM yet. "Just woke up from a weird dream, is all."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to go further. "You want to tell me about it?"

"Nah," I said, giving her a tired smile. "It wasn't a bad one, just one that was ... off-the-wall."

"Okay," she smiled, leaning forward and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Go back to sleep. We'll go out to lunch and then you can go bust your ass for the next two days for your last show."

"And then we can go dancing?"

"And then we can go dancing," she nodded, smiling. "G'night, sleepy."

"Good night." I closed my eyes, willing sleep to come. But, some hours later, it still hadn't come. My dream was constantly on my mind and forever making me think. I realized long ago that if I had a lot on my mind and could not clear it, sleep would never come. Somehow, I had to clear it. I needed to put my mind elsewhere.

But where?

I felt movement from next to me, Alisan getting up slowly and placing a blanket . She opened the balcony doors, glancing back at me as I watched her through half-lidded eyes, she thinking I was still asleep as she let the door fall shut almost quietly with a gentle click, she turning around and leaning up against the rail watching the waves crash against the sand below. She looked at peace ... at home here.

Getting up slowly, scratching my head tiredly and reaching for the door, she turning as she heard me move behind her. "Hey," I said, voice raspy and full of sleep. Too bad I didn't get any of it. "What are you doing?"

"Couldn't sleep," she said softly, giving me a tired smile as she moved over slightly for room next to her. "Thought I'd catch the sun come up."

"That makes two of us on the not sleeping part," I said, leaning against the rail and putting my head on my hands that rested on the cherry wood. "Why couldn't you sleep?"

"You're a very restless person when you can't sleep," she laughed. "Tossing and turning, mumbling obsceneties under your breath ..."

"Sorry," I mumbled, feeling her hand touch my skin and rub it soothingly. "Today is going to be a hellish one," I mumbled, already mentally hating that I'd be in the dance studio and arena for at least sixteen hours, dancing and singing. She said nothing, just continued to rub my back, every so often kneading knots in my upper back. "Don't make me go ..."

"You know I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to do," she said softly, leaning her head into my shoulder, still gently rubbing. "I'm not like that."

"I know." And I did. But what if I was? What if I was trying to push her into something she really didn't want? You could love someone but not want to be with them, right? What if that's the case right now? What if she does love me, but doesn't want to be with me? Am I really going to push her into a relationship with me if that isn't what she wants? To love me, and hate me at the same time for forcing her to do this? "I can't do this," I said softly, suddenly. Pulling away, she looked at me, eyes wide in confusion. "I can't keep pushing you, I can't keep going on like there isn't something I'm waiting for an answer for. I can't keep playing around, trying to give you little ... kisses and physical contact, hoping to push you into saying you want to be with me. I'm not like that, I'm not going to force this upon you. I love you. God, do I love you ... but I can't ... I'm probably going to always love you, even if you don't love me forever ... but I can't be that person. I'm not going to be that person." She opened her mouth to speak, but I ignored her, walking back into the room and grabbing my phone and hotel key, closing the door behind me and leaving her behind.

I'd always be there, but this was something she had to do on her own. I couldn't do what I was doing and not feel horrible about it years, maybe even months down the line. That's not who I was, and it would never be. If she wanted to be with me, it'd be on her own free will.

As long as sunlight lights the sky
The light of love will be found with these eyes of mine
And I will shine that light for you
You're the only one I'll ever give this heart to
What I'm trying to say is, nothing will change this
There'll be no time you won't find me there
'Cause I will always be there
You will always have all my love

It'd be good for us, me being busy almost the rest of these two days before the show. She'd get to be on her own, think a little. Okay, I hoped she'd think a lot. I needed her to know that I was serious, but I also needed her to know what she wanted completely. She may have loved me, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to be with me.

That, I was okay with. For now. I don't know how long I'll be 'okay' with it, however; I hoped she'd make her mind up quickly and realize that I'm the best thing for her, the best thing to happen to her, the best damn thing ever.

On her own terms, of course.

Chapter End Notes:
Song Credit:

'That's When I'll Stop Loving You', *NSYNC


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story