Author's Chapter Notes:
Changed my mind - If I Don't seems to have hit a wall mid-chapter, so I'm gonna give it a rest and see if I can get somewhere with it =] 

As always, please read and review!  And remember, Alisan is just basically the backing of the story, Justin in the foundation, so his parts will be more in-depth =]

*Alisan*

I slowly came to from sleeping, eyes still closed as I took a deep and painful breath. I felt as if I had gotten a real bad sunburn, body aching as if it had gone through it's own war. My hand hurt from clenching something warm and fleshy, and my leg felt elevated. What kind of sleeper was I, exactly? And why do I feel weird?

I opened my eyes, squinting as the light hurt them, they slowly adjusting to the violet lights. Violet? I definitely wasn't in my room. Where the hell was I? Turning my head slowly, I caught glimpse of Justin, it quite amusing. The man was sitting angled on a chair that barely held his six foot frame, he looking so uncomfortable there. Somehow, he managed to be gripping my hand as the other one stayed tucked between his legs. He had bags under his eyes, skin pale. He looked worse than I felt. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, I probably look worse than the two of them put together. Argh.

My head was beginning to hurt, the nurse walking in on perfect timing. It felt like a jackhammer above my eye, closing my eyes tightly to keep the light out.

"How are you feeling, Miss Turner?"

"My head hurts a lot," I mumbled, voice raspy from sleep. "And my whole body hurts."

"I'll check in with the doctor and see if I can get you more pain medication," she smiled, setting my chart back down at the foot of my bed as she exited the room. Justin was stirring now, feeling him release my hand as he stretched, hands over head and shirt slowly riding up his stomach, letting me catch glimpse of the body that so many women had longed for. God, he did have a body.

Why do these kind of thoughts come at the least opportune times?

"Hey," he said softly, bringing my attention back upward, slightly ashamed that I had been caught. When I looked up, he was still stretching. Maybe he hadn't caught me. "You doing okay?"

I nodded, trying to keep a yawn at bay as he looked over, the nurse coming in with the doctor in tow. "Headache, sore ..."

"That's why I'm here," he smiled, toying with the I.V. bag and the tube that was connected in my I.V., pulling out a syringe and connecting it to the tube. Almost immediately, I felt comfort once again. "Oh, my God," I mumbled, closing my eyes and letting the pain go away, "I think I need to take that home with me."

The doctor laughed, he patting my unbroken leg gently before checking my vitals and leaving the room. I turned to Justin, he studying me intently. "What?"

"Nothing," he said, shrugging. "Just thinking. You missed JC and your parents," he said softly, gesturing to the flowers that I had just now taken notice from. "The lilies are from your parents, roses from Jace. I sent them to my house to stay, while JC had to leave for New York. All three said that they love you and JC will call you when he lands. Your parents will be back tomorrow morning."

"How long have I been here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I seriously had no track of time.

"Almost two days," Justin sighed. "The first time you fell asleep when I was here, it was a good 14 hours. You've been in and out of sleep since they keep doping you up with medications. The doctor told your parents you may have to go in for surgery on your elbow. They might have to rebreak it."

I groaned, shaking my head. "Why?"

"They don't think the bone is going to fuse together properly," he said, running a hand through his hair. "They'll know once the specialist comes in. He told me that he should be here within a few hours. He was at another hospital. But if they don't need to, they think they'll be able to send you home within a day or two."

"Good," I mumbled. "I want to go home. I want to sleep in my own bed, and I want company."

"You have company," he said, a mock hurt tone. "I'm here."

"No, I meant sleeping with me," I frowned. "I don't like sleeping alone when I don't feel well."

"Well, I'm all yours until the healing process is over," he smiled. "I don't have to be back for tour practice for another two months. I'll still be around, but you'll have my undivided attention until then. Then, I'll be gone for a month. Blech."

"I still have to call work -"

"Alyssa did it."

"My stuff that was in the car -"

"Is at my house," he smiled. "Which, by the way, will be your home until you're back on your feet. I figured since I am staying to take care of you ... well, help you, I'll need to be around a place where I can go get some work done."

"Your house is better anyway."

"No, yours is. It's actually a home. Mine isn't as lived in as yours. Though, mine is bigger. And you know what they say about big houses?"

"Bigger taxes," I mumbled, Justin laughing. "It's true."

"I know. That's why it's funny. You sound so drunk right now."

"Can't help it."

"I know," he smiled, placing his head on the railing of the bed, eyes looking up and meeting mine. "It's cute. I don't think I've witnessed you ever drunk since you don't drink, and hearing you like this has made it all worthwhile."

"I'm glad my car accident worked for you."

"Me too."

"Argh," I swatted his head gently with my hand, shaking my head. "Shut up."

"Never," he sang, kissing my cheek once more. "Go back to sleep, drunk. Hopefully in another fourteen hours we'll have the answer as to whether or not you'll need surgery."

"Not."

"Not what?"

"Not needing surgery," I said, feeling sleepy once more. My God, I don't think I've ever slept this much ever. I heard Justin move,turning my head groggily and watching as he placed his head on the rail, looking at me. "Go home," I said softly, reaching up and touching his tired face. He had baggage that looked like he hadn't unpacked it since his touring started. "Go sleep in your nice, comfortable bed and come back when you're rested up."

"No," he shook his head the best he could against the railing, head bobbing up and down more than anything, "I don't care about how rested up I am. I've gone days without sleep and still functioned; I'm not leaving until you leave."

"Justin, I'll be fine," I said through a yawn, feeling him nuzzle his cheek into my hand, the stubble tickling my palm. "I appreciate you staying but really, I'm a big girl and I can tolerate being alone for the night."

"I'm still staying," he said softly, eyes traveling towards the door as the doctor entered, clipboard in hand. He sat up, straightening in his chair as I cast my eyes toward him, waiting for the news. "Hello, Dr. Gibson."

"Mr. Timberlake, Ms. Turner," he greeted, looking over at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, slightly achy still," I shrugged. "The medicine worked well."

"Good," he said, smiling. "Then it's doing it's job." He looked back down, smiling. "It seems as though your elbow will not need any surgery, and your femur only has a hairline fracture, so it will heal better on it's own. You'll need to be in a cast for your elbow 6-8 weeks and your leg 4-8. It depends on your healing process with your leg. I hope to have you released by tomorrow evening after we run a few more x-rays."

"Thank you, God," I couldn't help but mumble, both Justin and the doctor laughing. "No offense, just hate hospitals."

"As do I, and what do you know, I work here," the doctor smiled. "I'm gonna check some more patients and I'll let you get some sleep. Are you feeling any discomfort?"

"No," I said softly, shaking my head. "I feel all right."

"I think you may be the easiest accident patient I've ever dealt with," he smiled, turning his head as he heard his name being paged over the intercom. "If you need anything don't hesitate to buzz a nurse, okay?"

I nodded, turning back to Justin as his eyes seemed to drop slowly with every second that passed. "J," I laughed, dragging my pointer finger up and down his nose. "Why don't you go lie down in the extra bed over there? Or the pull out couch?"

"No," he mumbled, eyes now completely shut as he fought sleep, "stayherewithyou."

I laughed, giving up on fighting as I felt my eyes fall shut also. I had a feeling he and I would be sleeping the remainder of the week away.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story