I Just Wanted You To Know by lroberts


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


 

 

In every person's life, there are people that cannot be forgotten. Seemingly without trying, that person will be cemented in someone's mind, and never let go. They will be at the back of someone's conscience for life, always ready to be called to the front and act as a source of comfort.

Yet, despite being an anchor for someone, most never know it. They continue on with their lives without realizing that someone they probably don't know is the way they are because of that one special person.

And sometimes, with a little help from fate, that fixation, that constant need is mutual.


 The soft music of the violinist ebbed its way in and out of the crowd that mingled in the large hall. Large glass windows let moonlight pour into the room, casting eerie shadows across the room.

One woman stood silently in front of these windows peering blankly through the clear glass. Her light brown hair was swept into a low bun; a pearl necklace adorned her otherwise bare neck. Oblivious to the rest of the party, she leaned against an empty wall and sipped her champagne quietly.

Across the room, a bored man scanned the guests, wondering about their history. He was always doing that; instead of introducing himself, he'd always sit back and hypothesize about their jobs and families. Many thought he came off as passive and arrogantly separate, when in fact, he was just curious.

His blue eyes fell on a woman standing alone next to the huge French windows that overlooked that forest beside his home. Her eyes were empty of emotion as she stared, deep in thought.

A vision of you girl across the moon
A club full of people all I see is you
Your vacant eyes


Justin Timberlake was intrigued. He'd already memorized the curves her body and the way the light freckles were dusted across her nose.
Even as she turned and stared at him, Justin found he could not look away. The empty look in her eyes was gone, replaced with one of questioning amusement.

You realize that I'm watching you
It's so hard to believe you could weaken me
From across the room


Amber Barnes tried to ignore the stare that drilled into her back as she turned away. She'd always been level headed around the celebrities she'd met, but he was the only one that made her mouth run dry and make her knees go weak. Maybe it was the way his cobalt eyes seemed to take in every detail with just a single glance. Perhaps it was the way his lips always had a slight upward curve to them, always ready to smile. Whatever it was, Justin Timberlake had found his own place in the depths of Amber's mind.

I've been trying to push up next to you all night
But I've got to wait for a moment
For me that's right


As she turned away, Justin stood. Sat down again. Stood again. No, he chided himself, wait for a bit. You'll come off as desperate, or too confident, or…He sat back in his chair, sighing heavily.

And I don't want to sound
Like those other guys but
What if I never have another chance
To tell you just how you make me feel


She'd probably laugh at me, he thought. I bet she gets that kind of stuff all of the time. He raised his eyes again, daring to look in her direction once more. She had struck up a conversation with a woman standing to her right. As she laughed softly, Justin felt his heart flutter in his chest. Steeling his resolve, he jumped from his chair and strode quickly to her side. I'll never see her again. I have to talk to her before she leaves.

And I just gotta let you know
You're softly killing me
With your mere words hello


Justin lightly tapped the woman's shoulder, sucking in his breath as she turned and stared at him. Whoever she'd been talking with had disappeared leaving them in relative privacy.

“Hello,” she said, not quite meeting his eyes.

He felt his knees weaken; his heart either stopped or beat double-time. He couldn't tell, not with her close enough to kiss.

This may sound a bit crazy but
Lately I just wanted you to know
You strangely seduce me


Something about her made him want to spill his heart. He wanted to tell her how her voice affected him. He wanted her to know exactly what her eyes did to him.

Just the way you say hello
This may sound quite forward
But honey, is there somewhere we can go?



Justin felt his mouth moving and heard his voice, but it wasn't him. The whole moment was ethereal; he couldn't quite control what he did. It was like this strange woman made him completely helpless.

“I know this is going to sound strange, but do you want to go somewhere?”

Lonely, I can't believe I don't ask just why?
But there's something about
The way you smile at me
I feel like a child


Amber almost fell over. This couldn't be happening. She must have imagined his voice. He was still over in his chair across the room.

But he wasn't. The sheepish smile that graced his lips was proof enough. She felt like a little girl when she stared into his eyes. This had to be real.

How could this be real?

And when you said hi
I almost lost my mind
From the sound of you


She heard him clear his throat; looking up from her feet, she watched him open his mouth to try again.

“Hi,” was all he said.

One simple word nearly made her faint. She was dying to let him know what she was thinking. Maybe if he knew what he did to me, he'd…he'd…leave. He'd leave, and I'd never see him again. Amber knew she didn't want that.

I can tell your kind
You can give a sign but
You don't wanna be rude


Behind her eyes, Justin saw some internal battle. He knew women like her. It was a battle between self-respect and longing.

If only he knew.

Both man and woman went home that night without ever formally introducing themselves. They never saw each other again.

At least…not in the flesh.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki