Conversation hotter than a fireman engulfed

Sweeping through my body causing temperatures to smoke

Every second passing makes it hard for me to cope

So come to me

So come to me

Walking with my fingers and I’m creeping down real slow

Reaching for the places that no one could ever go

Pushing me to ecstasy, you touch my very soul

So come to me

So come to me, yea  

 

He sighed softly to himself as he drummed his fingers on his knees in the backseat of the cab.  He was headed downtown to Justin’s apartment and dreading it.  It had been five weeks since he had last seen her, but she still haunted him.  He had told himself that he needed to forget her and everything that had transpired between them.  That, however, was easier said than done as the memories of her flooded his mind.  The scent of her hair, the taste of her lips, and the sounds of her breaths – these memories would not free him.

 

**

 

He shifted his weight from leg to leg as he fidgeted nervously in the elevator.  He knew that seeing her was inevitable and the longer it waited the harder it would be.  Nothing would happen.  Nothing could happen.  His throat tightened as the elevator opened and he headed to the apartment door.  He heard the muffled jazz music and the murmurs of the other party guests chatting inside as he knocked.   He tightened his grip on the neck of the wine bottle he had brought as a present as he waited for the door to open before him.  He heard the tapping of heels heading towards him and the click of the lock as the door slowly opened.  Their eyes met and he stood frozen in place, the mere sight of her rendering him speechless.  She looked like she was about to say something, when Justin walked over to the doorway.

 

“Jace,” he grinned, “You made it!”  J.C. nodded as he handed him the bottle of wine.  Justin ushered him into the apartment, as Rory closed the door and locked it behind them.  Justin pointed out who was there and what was being served as such.  J.C. nodded, trying to ignore the distracting presence of her behind them.  He jumped as he felt her squeezing his bicep.

 

 “Oh,” she put her arms out, “I’ll take your coat.”  He slid his jacket off and handed it to her.  His eyes followed her as she disappeared into the entryway closet for a moment.   

**

The party had died down hours later, as the music still played softly and the crowd had slowly shrunk.  He had enjoyed the conversations he had had with acquaintances and friendly strangers, but her presence was an unwelcome distraction.  She had, almost noticeably, remained distant from him all evening.  In fact, he was sure that she had not even given him so much as a glance all night since his arrival.  Anytime they had crossed paths she had somehow excused herself and headed away in the opposite direction.  In return, he had found the nearest drink.  He felt relieved and rejected at the same time, as he watched her converse with some friends and laugh at one of Justin’s jokes.  She tossed her hair back and glanced at him, just for a moment, but once they had made eye contact his mind wandered back to the last time they had seen each other. 

 

“Rory?”  He stared at her with astonishment, pulling back. 

She leaned her head back and cocked her head to the side.  She seemed to be studying his face, waiting to read his reaction.  “Aurora,” she corrected him, as she placed her hand on his cheek, running her thumb over it gently.   She leaned in and kissed him roughly and then slid off the bed.  Without saying anything else she dressed herself and dashed out of the hotel room, leaving him bewildered and alone with the reality of what had transpired.   

 

The side effects of his drunken haze had set in so he stood up and headed into the entry closet to retrieve his jacket.  He was just about to take his coat off the hanger when the door slowly opened.  He sucked in a breath as she stood before him, closing the door behind her.  They stood in silence as she slowly backed up against the door, clearly rethinking whatever it was that had brought her there in that moment.  He looked away from her, trying to suppress the burning passion that seemed to be slowly poisoning his judgment. 

 

“I…,” she trailed, her cheeks flushing slightly as she took a timid step forward.  His eyes met hers and all at once his desire overpowered his logic.  He reached out and pressed his palms against her shoulders, pushing her against the wall as she let out a short gasp. 

 

“Did you want something?” he whispered, finding confidence in his buzzed state as he leaned into her. 

 

She placed her hand on his chest and pushed him back playfully.  “Check your pocket, Josh.”  With that, she slipped out of the closet

 

He slid his jacket on and headed out, saying his goodbyes and thanking Justin for hosting.  As he made his way back to the elevator he slid his hands into his pockets, finding a small card on his right side.  145 83rd and 2nd Avenue.  His heart began to race as he made his way downstairs.  He had lost all control and had no hesitation as he hailed a taxi and gave the driver the address. 

 

**

 

The cab pulled over to the side of the street as it slowed down to a stop.  J.C. looked out the window, puzzled.  “This is it,” the driver said.  He looked out the window with confusion, but paid his fare and slipped out of the car.  His eyes wandered down the sidewalk, seeing where the hotel was.  There was nothing commercial in sight besides a small café down across the street and a few stores that were closed this time of night.  Building 145, as it turned out, was a small apartment building.  Her place? 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair oral girlontop wank boyfriendj love blindfold cheaterj roughsex hotelj jealous triangles lyrics breakupj hotel postsync originalcharacter callgirl