Author's Chapter Notes:
Lots of reads and only one review. :(

"Ready to work hard?"

 

"Hey!" Rachel grinned when she recognized the voice. She dropped her bag on the floor of the rehearsal studio and pulled the choreographer into a hug. "Long time no see! How have you been?"

 

"Good," Wade Robson smiled, returning the hug. "I'll admit I was grateful when I heard you were doing this. I was afraid of who they'd stick me with."

 

Rachel laughed. "Thanks. I think. I can't believe they snagged you to do this, Mr. Big Time Choreographer."

 

"Well who better to teach you than the man who taught them?" He smirked.

 

"This is true," Rachel nodded turning to look at the four women gathered in the studio. "Hello," she smiled warmly. "Are you the Justin, Joey, Lance and Chris to my JC?"

 

"Hi, I'm Whitney," A tall girl with light ebony skin and brown hair pulled back in a tight pony tail smiled at her. "I'm your Chris."

 

"Great," Rachel shook her hand and introduced herself to the girls. There was Erin, a fair- skinned redhead who portrayed Justin. Danielle, a brunette, covered Lance and... "Hey! Meeghan!" She grinned at the young Asian with long black hair. "Are you my Joey?"

 

"I am," Meeghan grinned hugging the woman. "I can't believe you're doing this! When we had tryouts, they didn't tell us who we were performing with. It was a big secret. Now I can see why. Does JC know?"

 

Rachel shook her head as she looked at one of the members of her husband's musical group he had put together the end of last year. Last month they had spent filming their very first video. JC hoped to release the single soon. "I'm under a gag order. Which is driving him and Lance nuts."

 

"I can imagine," Wade laughed. "Not sure why they want to keep it some big secret. You've already been put at there as one of the performers. I'm pretty sure people can put two and two together."

 

"Maybe they think they won't. It's just me and I'm a country singer. Or it's just so simple to figure out people won't believe it."

 

"This isn't going to interrupt your tour is it?" Meeghan asked. She was worried this would interfere with Girl Radical - her first priority - but this had been an unbelievable opportunity.

 

"Slightly," Rachel said. The show, thankfully, fell on a night where she didn't have a concert. If that had been the case, she would have had to regretfully pass up the offer. "I start back on tour the first week in May. So the week before the show I'll be busy. Luckily, the dates are here in California."

 

"So this is going to severely hinder your off time with JC," Wade said. He had a lot of say in the choreography but his hands were still tied. They wanted dancing. They wanted NSYNC's dance. It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they only picked one song but they wanted a mash up. Someone higher up the chain than him thought it would be a great idea to mash up as many songs of they could.

 

"You don't know how much that saddens me," Rachel frowned thinking of the lost time. Once her Blown Away tour started back up in May it was nonstop for four months. Depending on how Girl Radical's single did and what fell their way would dictate when/if JC would join her and for how long.

 

"I still don't have any idea why you two don't have a dozen kids running around."

 

"With what time?" Rachel asked the choreographer. "First it was NSYNC, then he went solo, then it me. Our lives have been absolutely crazy."

 

"And it's about to get crazier," Wade told her. "At least for the next two months."

 

Rachel groaned. "Lay it on me, Wade. What's the damage? How much am I going to hate you?"

 

"A lot," Wade and passed out a packet of papers to the ladies. "Here is a list of the songs in the medley and what parts of the songs are going to be used."

 

"Jeesh," Erin said looking at the list. "Why didn't they just use them all?"

 

"No kidding," Rachel agreed. These were a lot. "Are you joking Wade? This isn't a medley. This is a cluster. Is there anyway we can change? Not that I don't think these are good songs, of course they are but... Do we really have to do 'Gone'? And 'God Must Have Spent?'"

 

"I don't think so. I think they are set on this list."

 

"I don't care how good of shape we are in, by the time we get to 'Pop' we are going to be dead. I know damn sure my voice won't be up to par by then with all the singing and dancing. It's gonna sound like crap. This makes me mad. I was looking forward to this too." She sighed shaking her head.

 

Wade waited for her to continue. She wasn't saying anything he hadn't brought in front of the writers himself. He wouldn't have even considered 'Gone'. To him, that wasn't a group song and the rumors surrounding that song weren't good. He was sure that was the start of the downfall of the group. As for 'God Must Have Spent', if they wanted a ballad, 'This I Promise You' was a bigger hit and a more popular one.

 

"What the hell!" Rachel exclaimed as she read over the lyrics. She looked at Wade. "Is this a joke?" She glared at the paper when Wade shook his head. He had wondered when she would notice "You're freakin' kidding me! Ninety percent of these are Justin's parts! They only pulled JC's 'No Strings Attached' verse and some of his harmonies. This is bullshit. This is crap Wade."

 

"I tried telling them that, Rachel. They are set on those songs and those versus."

 

"Then they can find someone else to sing because I'm not getting up there and partaking in this lie. Honoring NSYNC my ass," she muttered. "This is like honoring Justin's time in the group."

 

"Hey, calm down," Whitney stated. "It's not that big of a deal. They want to push the bigger name."

 

"There is no bigger name in the group," Rachel nailed Whitney with a glare. "If there wasn't a JC, Joey, Chris or Lance, there wouldn't be a Justin." She shook her head. "I knew this was too good to be true. They fed me a line and I fell right into it. God when did I become so damn naive?"

 

"What are you going to do?" Wade asked watching as Rachel picked up her bag. 'Looks like practice is over for the day,' he thought.

 

"Going to tell Mr. Klein where he can stick his "NSYNC" tribute," she shouldered her bag. "Because I'm not taking part in this garbage. And if this is what they are doing, I'll make sure JC is busy that night. He's been shit on too much with this JT versus JC crap. I'm not going to let it happen again."

 

"So what now?" Meeghan asked. She was shocked. Rachel had been around the group a lot; they all loved her. She was such a nice, sweet person; she didn't think Rachel had it in her to be that angry. But boy was she angry and JC came off as very protective of his wife. Their relationship was one she wished for her. They were still so in love; you could tell by the way they looked at each other, how they still held hands and found moments to touch each other; a caress of the arm there, a light touching of the back.

 

"I'm not sure," Wade stated turning back to the girls after Rachel left. "I don't want to be in Mr. Klein's shoes right now though. That girl can get angry if she feels JC has been wronged.

 

~*~

 

"I'm sorry but Mr. Klein is busy right now," Rebecca told the blonde singer standing in front of her desk. She could see the anger rolling off the woman. Her cheeks were stained red.

 

"Tell him it's pertinent to his Tribute Concert that he speaks with me immediately," Rachel was in no mood to be stonewalled by a secretary.

 

"I can let him know you stopped by and have him get in touch with you at his earliest convenience."

 

"That's a crap answer," Rachel glared at the woman. She wasn't mad at her but unfortunately for the woman, she was in her direct sight. "You know what, fine. You just tell Mr. Klein that he can find someone else for his concert because I'm not partaking in this sorry excuse for a tribute."

 

She didn't give the secretary time to reply. She spun on her heel and marched from the building garnering looks from the people that worked there. No doubt waiting until she was gone to start talking and whispering. She had no doubts there would be Twitter and Facebook posts made immediately. There were probably already some.

 

She pulled away from the office building, still angry. She couldn't go home. JC was there. If she went home, she'd unload everything on him and he wasn't supposed to know anything about it. Not that she cared anymore. She wasn't doing the concert; the gag order didn't apply anymore. Her phone blasted from the cup holder and she grabbed it with one hand, looking at the caller ID. She smiled. "Mrs. Fatone where have you been hiding."

 

"Under laundry and dirty diapers," her best friend Melissa Fatone replied. "I'm so sick of doing laundry. If I see anymore dirty clothes I'm gonna go crazy Rach. I'm gonna start screaming and run from the house. Joey will have to commit me and I'll wind up in a padded room filled with clothes that I fold and refold over and over."

 

"It's your fault for having kids... and Joey. You let Joey seduce you... you just popped out child number two and you're knocked up again. Have you heard of the word no?"

 

"I'm a sucker... he puts on this pout and sticks out his lip and then when that doesn't work he chews on his bottom lip and that goatee...."

 

Rachel heard Melissa's sigh through the phone and rolled her eyes. "That's really disgusting to hear on the phone, Mel."

 

"Like you're any better talking about JC. You practically have drool running down your chin every time you think about him. Damn skinny, bony man," Melissa muttered. "He's all bendy and shit..."

 

"Hey! Bendy is good. Why just last night he...."

 

"La la la la!" Melissa yelled into the phone.

 

Rachel giggled despite her anger. "Well how about I come over and save you from at least the dirty diapers? I really need to unleash."

 

"Is everything okay?" Melissa asked seriously, picking up on her friend's tone. "I'm not gonna have to kick JC's skinny ass am I? You know I will, not that it will be much of a fight."

 

"We're good, Mel. More than good, actually," Rachel smiled. Thinking of JC made some of her anger disappear. "I just need to talk and I can't talk to JC or Lance about this."

 

"Come on over," Melissa told her friend. "Little Caleb misses his Auntie Rachel." She mentioned her six month old son; her youngest child, Rachel's Godson. Caleb also had an older sister, Sofia, who was four.

 

"I miss him too. I'll be there in fifteen depending on traffic."

 

~*~

 

"You need a one of your own," Melissa told Rachel as she watched her best friend play with her son on the living room floor. "No, you need about four of your own. What the hell are you and JC waiting on?"

 

"Our lives to slow down," Rachel said nuzzling baby Caleb's stomach causing the baby to giggle.

 

Melissa laughed. "You'll be waiting forever then, Ms. Country Super Star." She snapped a picture of the scene in front of her posting it to her Twitter account. "I do love the fashion statement today. JC not giving you enough of a work out?"

 

Rachel snorted. She wore black yoga pants and a white t-shirt with running shoes. "I was set to start rehearsal today."

 

"For?"

 

Rachel looked toward the doorway, expecting Joey to walk in even though Melissa told he wasn't home. "I was slated to perform the NSYNC tribute."

 

Melissa shrieked causing little Caleb to start and stick out his lower lip. "Are you kidding me! That's awesome!"

 

"Shhh," Rachel cradled the baby too her. "Your mom's just a nut." She sat him between her outstretch legs and put a couple of his toys in front of her. "You can't tell anyone Mel. I'm under strict orders not to tell."

 

"You're able to keep this from JC and Lance?" Melissa whistled.

 

"It's not easy. They've tried everything they can think of to find out," she sighed. "Today was the first day of rehearsal."

 

"Oooo I can't wait to hear," Melissa clapped her hands. "What song are you doing? Are you dancing?"

 

"I quit."

 

"What!" Melissa screeched. "You quit! Why on earth would you do that for? You know how awesome that is? My God, the guys will be so excited! JC especially."

 

"It was crap Mel. I didn't get to pick the songs which I was okay with. But the songs they picked... it wasn't a NSYNC tribute. It was a fucking tribute to Justin." Rachel spat. "Their first mistake was picking so many songs and cramming them all together. Then they pulled Justin's verses! No joke Mel, they pulled eight songs and the only JC lines are the beginning of No Strings Attached. They even included Gone. I don't care if that song was on the album and released as a single. That was not a NSYNC song."

 

"Wow..." Melissa stated as she listened to Rachel. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Why would they pull only Justin's vocals?"

 

"One of the girls who plays Chris to my JC told me they are just going with the bigger name."

 

"Oh," Melissa grimaced. "Is she still breathing?" Melissa had heard Rachel's JC and Justin argument plenty times before. JC definitely had the better voice than Justin, but Justin was more marketable.

 

"Yeah," Rachel muttered shaking a rattle in front of Caleb, watching as his little arms reached for it. "What a stupid thing to say to me! It just pisses me off. Mr. Klein - the producer - nearly fell all over himself trying to get me to agree to do this. Then this shit gets pulled. They expect me to get up on stage and basically give the finger to my husband?"

 

"What are you going to do?"

 

"I went to the office, but couldn't get passed Mr. Klein's secretary. I had her pass on the message that he can take his concert and shove it where the sun don't shine."

 

Melissa giggled, "I bet he'll enjoy that message."

 

"I don't even fucking care. This will be the worst medley ever! You don't mash up that many songs. It's too messy. And they wanted us to dance to them all? Are you kidding me? By the time we get the Pop which is the final song, we'll be dead. I'll be croaking out the words. It just pisses me off. I was really excited to do this."

 

"I know," Melissa frowned. "This sucks. I was actually looking forward to attending and hearing what they did for the guys. You would have been awesome."

 

"Thanks," Rachel sighed. "I just don't get it. Mr. Klein kept telling me NSYNC was one of the biggest acts; they did this, they did that. And they turn it into honoring Justin. Like he was the star of the group. Like he singlehandedly carried the group. Like JC, Joey, Chris and Lance were his backup singers."

 

"Shit, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere without NSYNC first." Melissa looked up hearing the front door open and her husband walk through. "Hey baby."

 

"Hello," Joey smiled at his wife before his eyes dropped to the woman on the floor. "Hey... Rachel! Just the person I wanted to see. So there's this rumor going around that you're part of a concert and..." the words died on his lips when Rachel glared at him. "Damn, Lance didn't say you'd get this angry if I asked you."

 

"Not a good time, Honey," Melissa looked at her husband. She loved her husband, she did but sometimes he didn't know when to quit and with the mood Rachel was in... Joey probably wouldn't survive.

 

"Ah..." Joey nodded. "Hen party; no cocks allowed," He grinned when he spotted Caleb in front of Rachel. He picked him up, holding him above his head and rubbed his hair on his son's belly. "Let's say you and me go do manly things and leave these women to trash men?" Caleb cooed and his heart melted. "Yes, I know you'd much rather be in their gorgeous company. You'll have to tell your dear ole Dad just how you managed to snag the two most beautiful women in the world." He grinned when Caleb cooed again. "Trust me; you have the rest of your life to hear women trash talk men. It's their favorite past time. It's the one thing they are good at, well that and...."

 

Joey's voice trailed off as he walked from the room causing the woman to laugh. "And he's yours."

 

Melissa grinned stupidly. "Yes he is. I'm sorry Rachel. This sucks."

 

"I'm seriously thinking about telling JC not to go," Rachel said truthfully. "What's the point? Maybe it's a good thing. This was gonna take up the next two months rehearsing. Now I can spend those two months with JC."

 

"Yeah."

 

"Yeah," Rachel sighed. "But I really wanted to do this."

 

~*~

 

Rachel collapsed face down on the couch after she slid her shoes off. Her phone sat on the coffee table. She buried her face in the cushion groaning when she heard her phone going off. "Shut up." Her voice was muffled by the cushion. The ringing eventually stopped and she relaxed only to have her phone beep with a voicemail. The cushion depressed next to her and she felt a comporting hand on her back.

 

JC frowned as he stared down at his wife. He hadn't been expecting her to be home so early. She hadn't been sure how long this 'super secret' rehearsal was going to take. She had told him she didn't even know what she was singing yet. There were a lot of unknowns. There were a lot of secrets surrounding the tribute concert. Talking with people, he found out that no one knew who was performing for whom. It was all hush-hush. In all honesty, he wasn't sure why.

 

He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when Rachel's phone started going off. The tone blasted as the device vibrated on the table. He waited for Rachel to reach for it, but she didn't move. His frown deepened. Something was wrong. When Rachel's phone had fallen silent he tried speaking again only to be cut off by it ringing it again.

 

"Just throw it against the wall." Rachel mumbled. "It won't stop ringing."

 

"Maybe you should answer it," JC teased.

 

"I don't want to. I don't want to speak to them."

 

"Do you even know who it is?"

 

"No but I can guess."

 

"And what would your guess be?"

 

"My guess is probably my message was finally passed along and he didn't take too kindly to being told where he could stick his stupid concert."

 

"He who?" JC asked slowly wondering just what had happened in the time Rachel had left the house until now.

 

"Mr. Klein."

 

JC's eyes widened. "You told the executive producer he could stick the concert up his ass?"

 

"No," Rachel turned her head to the side; her cheek against the soft fabric of the couch. "I told his secretary to tell him what he could do with it."

 

"Oh well that makes it a little better," JC said exasperated. "What possessed you to do that!"

 

"I was mad."

 

"Obviously," JC rolled his eyes. "Am I allowed to know what happened or is that classified as well?"

 

"I don't even know what I can say or can't say," Rachel groaned and pushed herself into a sitting position next to her husband. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she sighed. "What a crappy day. I was looking forward to performing too."

 

"For who?" JC asked wrapping his arm around her shoulders. He leaned against the back of the couch, holding her against his side.

 

"Nice try," Rachel's giggle turned into a groan when her phone went off again. She leaned forward picking it up from the table, glancing at the caller ID before resuming her place snuggled into JC's side. She tapped the answer button and held it to her ear. "What?"

 

"Are you freaking crazy!"

 

Rachel sighed and dropped the phone to rest on her thigh while Megan ranted and raved. She wormed both her arms around JC and hugged him. She tightened her hold on him when he kissed the top of her head. A minute passed before she picked her phone up. "Are you finished?"

 

"No! What were you thinking?"

 

"I'm thinking I was pissed off."

 

"So you felt the need to drive all the way to the office and tell him that?"

 

"Would you rather I have tweeted it?" She grinned when she heard JC snort beside her.

 

"It's not funny, Rachel."

 

"I know it's not funny! I was looking forward to doing this damnit. It was gonna be fun! Then I finally saw the line up and realized it was a joke. I wasn't going to be associated with it."

 

"Well Mr. Klein would like to speak with you..."

 

"Tell him I'm busy," Rachel told her personal assistant. "JC and I have plans."

 

"Too late, I'm pulling into your drive right now," Megan smiled when she heard Rachel curse. "And your fans think you're cute and sweet."

 

"I am cute and sweet!"

 

"Just get your cute and sweet butt out here." Megan said before ending the call.

 

"She's getting awful cocky," Rachel mused as she stared at her phone. "I gotta go. I don't wanna." She hugged JC again releasing a sigh as she closed her eyes. "If I wasn't so angry, I'd cry."

 

"Hey," JC said softly tightening his hold on his wife. He rubbed her back comfortingly. "I'm sorry, Sweetie. I know how excited you were but if you have doubts then it's better to back out now."

 

"It's just the way... it's..." she sighed, "I wish I could explain this better. I wish I could tell you," she raised her head staring into JC's blue eyes, filled with concern. "I really hate not being able to say anything. You'd probably be able to solve the problem."

 

"You give me too much credit," he palmed her cheek sweeping his fingers gently across the smooth skin. "Whatever you decide, you know I'm behind you." He kissed her softly. "I love you."

 

"I love you too, JC."

 

~*~

 

"It seems we have a problem here," Mr. Klein stated when the door to his office closed leaving him with Rachel and Wade.

 

"Are you in trouble too?" Rachel whispered to Wade as they sat down in the chairs in front of Mr. Klein's desk.

 

"Only for letting you up and quit." Wade said.

 

"Sorry," she told him.

 

"Mrs. Chasez, what is the problem? When you agreed to do this, you were ecstatic about doing a tribute to NSYNC."

 

"That was before I found out it was a tribute to Justin Timberlake."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Mr. Klein, Wade showed me the song selection and frankly it sucks. The arrangement caters to Justin, showcasing his talents. Looking at that lists makes me think you think of NSYNC of Justin and The Other Guys. I want no part in that at all. JC, Lance, Joey and Chris worked just as hard."

 

"We don't think that at all Mrs. Chasez. We know very well how hard everyone in that group worked. Remove any one of the five from the equation and there is no NSYNC. Aside from the Justin angle, is there anything else?"

 

Rachel and Wade looked at each other.

 

"Yes Sir," Wade spoke. "The medley is a cluster. There are too many songs and they don't flow together at all."

 

Mr. Klein nodded as he thought. He didn't want to lose Rachel performing. If she pulled out and told JC the reasoning, JC was liable to boycott the show. It would create a domino effect leaving none of the members of NSYNC in attendance. "I'm not going to budge on the number of songs. Each performance has been mapped out and given a certain time frame. I don't want you guys to take those minutes and sing two songs. I want that array of NSYNC songs. But I will allow you the leeway to come up with a medley for the time frame using the songs you choose." He watched the two people in front of him smile at each other. "I want you two to come up with an arrangement by five pm today and show it to me. I have final approval."

 

~*~

 

Rachel stared at the line up of songs from the first version on the dry erase board mounted on one of the walls in the rehearsal room. After leaving Mr. Klein's office, she and Wade came back to the rehearsal room to get to work on a medley. Time was ticking. "First off..." she crossed a line through both Gone and God Must Have Spent. "Any problems?"

 

"Not a one," Wade commented, completely agreeing. "I was thinking we'd work this like a mini concert. Starts off fast, the middle is slow then ends big."

 

"I like that," Rachel nodded. She made a numbered list from one to eight. "Mr. Klein wants a lot of songs. We'll start with that and see how it works. I liked the whole beginning from the original starting off as marionettes on the strings."

 

"Yes, that gives a perfect starting point," Wade said as he watched Rachel write No Strings in the number one slot. "Keep it the same. With JC's verse and the chorus."

 

Rachel tapped the marker on her lips as she stared at the board. "What's missing from the first list is one of their older songs. They used God Must Have Spent but I was thinking more along the lines of either I Want You Back or Tearing Up My Heart. I'm leaning toward the first because Justin starts it off."

 

Wade smirked. "I like how you pointed that out."

 

"Well I just accused them of playing favorites. I can't very well do the same!"

 

"True. Then go with I Want You Back," in his mind he was already trying to think of transitions between the songs. "You can tack Tearing Up My Heart on the end of that. They already have a medley for those two songs."

 

Rachel nodded as she wrote the two early NSYNC songs into the slots number two and three. "Isn't the medley the other way though? It starts with Tearing and then goes into I Want You Back?"

 

"Not sure," he said pulling out his phone. "Let's look it up." He went into YouTube and searched for the medley, pulling up a video taken from the PopOdyssey Tour. When the music started he realized Rachel had been right. They mash up started with Tearing Up My Heart first before transistioning perfectly into I Want You Back. "You should get JC to grow his hair out again."

 

Rachel laughed as she watched the video. "They went all out on these moves didn't they," she giggled. "Wow..."

 

"Oh yeah," Wade laughed. "These two songs left a lot to be desired in the dance department. I think JC ran everywhere on stage," he commented as JC ran across the stage where they were going to be lifted in the air for the next song.

 

"He did; he had so much energy. He still does," she commented with a smile as the video ended. "When I'm on tour and JC's not with me, I watch old NSYNC videos on YouTube."

 

"Do you really?"

 

"Yup. It's not much of a secret. I tweet it out. Sometimes I share a video. So the next songs should be slow."

 

"Have one in mind?" Wade asked closing the video out. He smiled "This I Promise You," he spoke at the same time as Rachel, laughing. "I should have known." Rachel put the song down as the fourth song.

 

"In keeping with the slow theme, what other one? Slowing it down for two songs will give us a chance to catch out breaths for the three dance numbers."

 

"What slow songs do they have?" Wade asked. "Of course they have God Must Have Spent. There's Falling..."

 

"Which we can't do." Rachel interrupted. She saw his confused look. "JC wrote that song for me."

 

"Really? That I did not know. But that song was on Celebrity. You guys were together way before that."

 

"Ever the perfectionist JC didn't like the song. So it just sat in his notebook. When they were doing the writing for Celebrity he came across it again and cleaned it up some."

 

"How about I Thought She Knew?" Wade said as the song came to him. "That would be perfect since Joey and Chris are more prominent on it."

 

"Yeah," Rachel nodded as she wrote the song down as number five. "Three more. These are the obvious choices."

 

"Which ones?"

 

"Pop, Bye Bye Bye, and It's Gonna Be Me. Unless you can think of another one?" Rachel asked.

 

"No," Wade shook his hand. "Those three have to be in there. Those are by far their most popular songs. Now," he said coming to stand next to Rachel in front of the board. He stared at the songs. "Is this the order we want them in?"

 

"I think that all depends on what we are pulling from each song and how well the transitions can work. Why do I think this was the easy part?" Rachel looked at the songs then at Wade. "Now we have to choose lyrics and when to change to another song.

 

"Yeah this part is gonna suck." Wade agreed. "Erase the old list and move the new list to that side."

 

Rachel quickly erased the board and copied the new list before clearing the rest of the board giving them room to work with. "So the first song is always the easiest. Start off with the first verse and chorus."

 

Wade nodded, "We can pretty much do that for the first three songs." He watched as Rachel made notes. "Take the chorus in NSA and go into the beginning of I Want You Back."

 

"Okay," Rachel ran through the beginning of No Strings Attached in her head before singing the chorus. "Baby you're not the only one. You don't have to be afraid to fall in love. And I know that you've hurt in the past but if you want it here's my heart no strings attached. You're all I ever wanted, you're all I ever needed yeah so tell me what to do now cause I want you back. It's hard to say I'm sorry. It's hard to make the things I did undone. A lesson I've learned too well for sure. So don't hang up the phone now. I'm trying to figure out just what to do. I'm going crazy without you."

 

"Do it again with Tearing Up My Heart instead." He listened as Rachel sang No Strings Attached then went into the beginning of Tearing Up My Heart. "Skip the beginning and start with 'Baby I don't." He nodded as the transition sounded much better.

 

"The dances are going through my head."

 

"That's a good thing. Will make it easier to learn. Okay, now sing Heart chorus and into I Want You Back. Then do the opposite. Which one sounds better?" He asked once Rachel was finished.

 

"I think..." Rachel took a moment to run through the verses in her head. "Going purely on the songs and lyrics alone and not choreography.... NSA, I Want You Back, then Tearin' Up My Heart. So it would be 'If you want it here's my heart no strings attached. You're all I ever wanted. You're all I ever needed, yeah'. Then, 'When I want you back. Baby I don't understand, just why we can't be lovers. Things are getting out of hand.'"

 

"I don't know how that will work transitioning between NSA and I Want You Back like that unless you skip the opening and go right into Justin's verse."

"I was thinking, doing kind of a hard ending on NSA. The end dance move, I know JC's froze like this," She stood straight up with her feet together and her arms stretch up over her head. Her wrists were flopped forward and her head hung down. "We freeze, each of us mimicking one of their positions, maybe with our backs to the audience and do the beginning. On 'I want you back' turn around and go into the dance."

 

Wade pictured the moves in his mind to see how they would look together. Nodding, he smiled at Rachel. "Good."

 

"Well, we solved the first three songs..." Rachel looked at the clock on the wall. They had to be done before four in order to make it back to Mr. Klein's office.

 

"We better work faster."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: wallsex postsync originalcharacter marriedjc