Author's Chapter Notes:
Very disappointed in the reviews vs. reads. Do you guys just not like it?

"You remember how I said I was excited to do this?" Rachel had her hands on her hips, chest heaving. A bead of sweat dripped off her chin and she pulled her t-shirt up, wiping her face. Attractive she knew but there wasn't anyone she wanted to impress standing in the hot rehearsal room with her. The other girls were just as sweaty. Wade was grinning at her. She glared at him.

 

"Not excited anymore?"

 

"I want to claw your eyes out with your fingers after I rip your arms from your body for all the pain you're putting me through."

 

A grimaced crossed Wade's face at the image Rachel painted. "Man... what happened to that sweet, shy, innocent sister I met?"

 

"You can't hang out with five men and come out on the other side still sweet and innocent."

 

"True." Wade laughed. "I'm sure you learned a lot of things you wished you didn't."

 

"I learned were Joey hid his porn stash; which was everywhere." The very first tour the group went out on; they were all stuffed onto one bus. Five guys on one bus. It was messy, crowed, and stunk. With them being so busy she tried to at least keep it somewhat clean and tried to rid the bus of the smelly, sweaty, masculine smell. It had been a losing battle. JC and Lance were the neatest of the bunch. She learned early to deal with the smell.

 

When the No Strings Attached Tour rolled around they were much better off money wise and purchased another bus. Justin and Chris were on one together. Her, JC, Joey and Lance were on the other. It was still crowded on their bus, especially with the assortment of animals Lance always had. When Joey's wife - then girlfriend - Melissa toured with them forget about having any room. The first time Melissa had toured, Lance volunteered to stay on the other bus. It had lasted one night when Chris woke up with Dirk, Lance's ferret, in bed with him. The reenactment Lance and Justin gave that morning at breakfast had them all rolling on the ground in laughter. JC, Rachel remembered, hadn't been able to stop giggling even after the topic switched. One of the things Rachel loved about him was the sound of his giggling. The smallest thing could set him off. It was infectious. When she heard it she couldn't help but laugh along with him.

 

"I knew it had to be Joey who was the bad influence. I knew it couldn't have been JC. Those teeny bopper magazines had him pegged as the sweet, romantic one. Those couldn't have been a lie."

 

Rachel snorted. "Yeah. They always printed the truth or as much truth as the guys told them."

 

"I have a question," Whitney after she took a long drink of water. Her muscles were aching. They'd been rehearsing for three weeks now. The first week had been brutal. She'd spent many nights that first week soaking her body in the hottest bath water she could stand. Now there was just a wonderful burn and her body was getting more tone. By the time the concert rolled around, her body would look fabulous. 'Just in time for beach weather.' She thought with a smile.

 

"What's up?"

 

"I was into the whole boy band craze and I've always wondered what the story behind JC's Leo necklace was? I don't remember seeing anything about it. He always had it on."

 

"I gave him that," Rachel smiled fondly as she remembered the silver medallion JC wore around his neck for years. "When we were in Germany the guys all went to have their signs read. I don't remember what made them do that. I think it was on a whim. Something they saw and said 'sure, why not'. The astrologist told JC he was a lion; proud and majestic. That he would be the 'star of the stage'. How the fire of a Leo was brilliant and intense. His biggest strength was his playful and loving nature but his weakness was a need for approval."

 

"Star of the stage," Wade mused. "That fits C."

 

"The whole reading fit JC. Except," she smiled wryly. "When she told him, relationship wise, to stay away from a Taurus. That was a big swing and miss on her end. Well they loved performing in Europe but they really wanted to make it big here in the States. They'd were famous as famous can be in Europe with the screaming girls, being mobbed. But when they came back home they could walk through the airport without a stare. Go to the mall. JC and I started dating not too long after we came back to the States for good. I'll spare the details but he was nervous after the first single dropped; how it would be perceived, what if they just saw them has a Backstreet knockoff. What if no one liked them? Just on and on and on..."

 

"Sounds like him." Wade commented again.

 

"That whole 'need for approval' weakness?" Meeghan questioned. She found it fascinating learning about her 'boss' when he was younger.

 

"Exactly," Rachel nodded. "I found that necklace in Orlando. Melissa, Joey's girlfriend at the time now his wife, and I were shopping and I came across it. I bought it and gave it to him that night; spinning a tale of what the Astrologist said. I reminded him of the weakness she had spoken about and told him he always had my approval. If he ever forgot, the necklace was a reminder."

 

Awww," Danielle gave a happy sigh. "That is so romantic."

 

"And he never took it off?" Whitney asked, loving the story.

 

"Well he did," Erin said. "He doesn't wear it now."

 

Rachel looked at the four girls in front of her, each staring at her rapt with attention waiting for her to finish. She looked down at her hand to the rings twinkling back at her from her left hand. Raising her head she sent them a smile. "He took it off when we got married." Her smile softened as she remembered the day.

 

Flashback

 

"What are you doing?" Rachel asked her husband. She smiled at the adjective. Her husband! It was finally official. After all the planning, invitations, seating arrangements, it was over. She frowned.

 

"Hey," JC's hand faltered as he loosened his tie. "What was that look? You're supposed to be happy today."

 

"I am happy," she sent him a brilliant smile. "Trust me, JC; there isn't a word that describes just how happy I am right now."

 

"Then why the frown?"

 

She gave a half laugh. "I'm sort of sad it's all over. After the months of planning that it's all over. I almost want to do it all over again."

 

JC cupped his wife's jaw. "You can get married every day for the rest of your life as long as it's to me."

 

"Of course," Rachel stared into her husband's bright blue eyes. She palmed his cheek; her engagement ring sparkled in the sunlight. Its mate sat proudly next to it. "I don't want to marry anyone else." She kissed him softly. "I love you."

 

"I love you," JC kissed her again. Longer this time hoping to convey just how much he loved her in a kiss. It was impossible of course. You couldn't measure how much he loved her.

 

"You want to explain what you're doing getting undressed?" Rachel asked after the kiss. She fingered his tie, now loose. "Need I remind you that I am not going to go along with 'we just had a quickie on the way from the church'. My family will never speak to me again."

 

JC laughed shaking his head. He reached up undoing the top two buttons of his white shirt. "That sounds like something Chris would do." His fingers worked at the knot on the black cord behind his neck. His eyes never strayed from Rachel's as he was finally able to free the necklace. He could read the questions in her eyes. The medallion was warm in his hand. He almost felt naked without it around his neck. It had been a staple for him for the last five years. Since Rachel had presented it to him he'd never taken it off.

 

"It didn't break did it?" Rachel asked running her finger over the lion. Over the five years, they had to replace the black cord numerous times. It would get worn and frayed. She would cut the worn part off and retie the necklace around JC's neck until the cord was too small.

 

"No," he met his wife's eyes again; those beautiful green eyes could stare all the way to his soul. This woman knew him the best; better than the guys, better than any member of his family. She knew all his secrets and fears; hopes and dreams. His life was so entangled with hers there was no untangling them. They were fused together. If they were ever separated, they'd never be whole again; at least he wouldn't. "You gave this to me five years ago and told me that no matter what, I always had your approval."

 

"That's still true today," Rachel told him slightly confused as to where he was going with this.

 

"Well I'm taking it off today. Retiring it because I got a better reminder," he held up his left hand showing her the silver ring proudly displayed on his ring finger. He was already used to the weight and feel of the metal. On the drive over, his thumb brushed back and forth on the smooth underside. "With this ring, I know I got your approval. I'm center stage in your life."

 

"That is so romantic!" Erin gushed. "JC have a brother?"

 

"Happily married." Rachel grinned at the girl.

 

"What did you do after he told you that?" Meeghan asked, thirsty for more.

 

"Become a blubbering mess and cried all over him." Rachel said as they all laughed.

 

"Why aren't there little JC's and little Rachel's running around?

 

"With his crazy schedule then mine?" Rachel shook her head. "No time," she didn't tell that was the reason she was taking a break after the Blown Away tour ended in September. She hadn't made the announcement yet; was planning on dropping it in the week leading up to the final leg. Caleb Fatone's birth had really got them thinking and talking; realizing their lives were never going to slow down. Neither wanted to wait any longer but she had her tour to deal with. She had a doctor's appointment in a couple weeks to remove the IUD she had in place. If she got pregnant right now, she'd be five months when her tour ended. Both she and JC were okay with that. The announcement of her taking a break would come as a shock but she was ready to get off the road and be with her husband and start a family. She couldn't wait to have little JC's and little Rachel's.

 

"So," Rachel asked looking at Wade. "You gonna kill us for another hour? If so lets get started. I have the sudden urge to go home to my husband."

 

"Thank you for rubbing it in that you are getting some on a regular basis."

 

"I wasn't even talking about that!" Rachel laughed even as a blush crossed her face, tingeing her cheeks red. "Besides you have put a hurt on my body these past three weeks that all I have been able to do is go home and collapse on the couch in pain."

 

"Poor C," Wade grinned. "How about this..."

 

~*~

 

"Hey! You're home early," JC looked up from the keyboard. He'd been working out lyrics in his head. He wasn't sure what direction the song would go; country or pop. When Rachel started singing he wrote a lot of songs for her and with her. He used to be all about pop until then. The music world thought he was a much better country writer because seven of Rachel's number one hits were either written by him or the both of them. He was proud of every award he won with NSYNC but he held the awards Rachel won for his songs close to his heart. They were special.

 

Now that he's gotten the girl group put together, when he writes he isn't sure who the song will go to. Songwriting is funny; the words can be put into any group. It's the music that decides the genre. There has been instances where he's started off writing a song with his wife in mind and only when put to music realizing the song wasn't country at all.

 

Even though Rachel was taking a break from touring and putting out music, he wasn't going to stop writing for her. They hadn't discussed what would happen after they completed their family, if she would start touring again or hang it up. That was something they would discuss when the time got closer. He hoped she continued to sing; her voice was too beautiful to waste. Of course she said the same thing about him.

 

"The warden let us go for good behavior," Rachel grinned sitting down next to him. She had taken to calling Wade 'The warden' so she wouldn't slip up and call him his real name. If that slipped out the ruse would be over and JC would know what was up immediately.

 

"Really?" JC matched his wife's grin.

 

"Not really; he actually let us go because he found out I've been so damn worn out and hurting you haven't gotten laid recently." She giggled at the shocked look on JC's face.

 

"You did not..." his eyes narrowed as his wife continued to chuckle as if she had just said the world's funniest joke. He pounced on her, knocking her to her back on the couch. She shrieked as he started tickling her sides.

 

"No!" Rachel gasped, twisting and turning her body trying to move away from her husband's hand. "Stop," she gasped in between bouts of laughter. "JaaaaayCeeeeee!"

 

"You like announcing my sexual frustrations?" He caught her hands as they were on a course with his own sides and held them down with his. She was now effectively trapped.

 

"They are my sexual frustrations too," Rachel gulped in oxygen. The good thing about JC using his hands to hold hers was that he wasn't tickling her anymore. She considered that a win, especially since that put him laid out atop her. This was always a delicious position to be in.

 

JC saw Rachel smile and raised an eyebrow at her. "What are you smiling about? You're trapped."

 

"I know," she pressed her hips up, the movement so slight with JC's weight pressing her down. She grinned mischievously when she saw JC's eyes darken. "No complaints from me."

 

JC grinned slowly as he worked his legs between Rachel's. The new position allowed his hips to press more firmly against her center especially when she moved her legs to wrap around his waist. "No complaints huh?"

 

"Not a one," Rachel stared up at him, her expression open. "You don't see me trying to escape, do you? I'm right where I want to be. You're just not where I want you to be."

 

"You don't want me right here?" On the last word he thrust against her, causing Rachel to release a moan and her eyes to flutter close. When she opened her eyes, JC saw her eyes had darkened to a jade color.

 

"You're not kissing me." The look he sent her melted her heart. How she loved this man!

 

"Oh, well," the grin was slow in forming on JC's face. His blue eyes twinkled as he leaned down. Instead of taking her lips, he placed a kiss the tip of her nose. When she tried to claim his lips, he moved, chuckling softly as he placed kisses on her neck.

 

"Lance called on my way home."

 

"You're seriously bringing your bother up now?" JC mumbled against her neck as he suckled lightly, carefully not to leave a mark.

 

"He wanted us to do his radio show," Rachel moaned and arched her back when JC kissed the skin where her neck met shoulder.

 

"And," JC smiled against the spot. The first kiss caused her to arc against him. The second kiss... He grinned feeling her legs tighten around him.

 

"Told him..." she tilted her head back giving JC better access as he kissed his way to the other side. "Told him... I... you... JC..." she bite her lip feeling JC trace her ear with his tongue.

 

"In your twin speak I'm sure he understood," he smiled placing feather light kisses along her cheek bone. He kissed each closed eye lid. He loved the fact that he made her incoherent with only a couple kisses. Pulling away he watched her eyes flutter open. Her green eyes full of lust and desire and love. "What did he say?"

 

"What did who say?"

 

JC grinned. "Lance."

 

"Lance called?" She tried to clear her head to follow JC but it was useless. Her brain wasn't cooperating.

 

"I love you," JC chuckled as he leaned down. All thoughts vanished when he captured her mouth this time, his tongue sweeping inside swallowing her declaration of love.

 

~*~

 

JC fingers ran up and down his wife's naked spine. Her head rested on his chest, directly over his heart. Their legs entwined beneath the small throw he had pulled down from the back of the couch to cover the lower half of their nakedness. Clothes were scattered. One of their shirts, his he thought, was beneath his head, but he wasn't too sure. Rachel's hand was also lying on his chest. Her thumb moved back and forth. When he felt her snuggle deeper into his side he reached for the throw pulling it up over her back. "Better?" He murmured kissing the top of her head.

 

Rachel hummed in answer. Her eyes were closed as she listened to JC's heartbeat finally back into its regular beat. A smile curved onto her lips thinking how the beat was fast and irregular not to long ago. It was so relaxing to lay on the couch with JC. No phones were ringing. The television was off. It was quiet; peaceful. This was something that wasn't going to happen very often for the next foreseeable future. "I wish we could lay here forever."

 

JC stopped his caresses to wrap both his arms around Rachel hugging her to him. "We can't lay here forever but we can lay here until seven tomorrow. That gives us..." his eyes flickered to the clock on the wall. "Fourteen hours. That's a lot of time."

 

"Mmm, not so much when you stop and think about it. Sometimes, I wish I had turned this concert down."

 

"What? Why?"

 

"Because it's cutting into my time to spend with you. End of next week I have ACM stuff then the ACMs in Vegas. Then I'll be even busier because I have to start rehearsing for the tour and then going on tour...I'm complaining," she sighed. "I just miss you."

 

"I'm right here," he placed his knuckle beneath her chin and lifted her head. He kissed her softly, fully. "And I'll be with you in Vegas and with you on your tour as much as I can be. I'll always be right here...with you."

 

A lump rose in her throat at JC's words. She buried her face in his neck. When she wormed her arms around him, he turned on his side and pulled her tight against his body. "You're gonna make me cry."

 

JC laughed hugging her tighter. "Don't cry, Baby," he crooned in her ear running his hands up and down her back. Their faces were barely inches apart. It wouldn't take much movement on either of their parts to seal their lips together in a kiss.

 

Rachel moved in first, but it wasn't for a kiss. She touched their foreheads together. "I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you."

 

"You're never gonna have to find out," he whispered. With a slight tilt of his head, he brushed his lips across hers in a whisper of a kiss. "I'm always gonna be here. There's no place else I'd rather be than with you."

 

Rachel brought her hands up to cradle his face. Her right hand was trapped between his cheek and the couch but she moved her left fingers over his free cheek; the beginnings of stubble starting to appear breaking up the smoothness. Her thumbs ran over his lips, shivering when his tongue snaked out swiping against the pads. Her lips replaced her thumbs as she softly pressed her lips to his.

 

The kisses were slow and unhurried. Neither person rushed; content on letting their love shine through their kissing. Sometimes their tongues would lazily meet when their mouths parted. A long stroke there, a short here. A complete sweep followed by a teasing stroke before retreating.

 

Hands caressed naked backs lovingly; drawing patterns in the skin slowly warmed by desire. Their bodies pressed tight against each other from chest to hip; their legs tangled. Hard against soft. Quiet moans escaped, mixing together in hot breaths. JC shifted and in one fluid movement, he eased inside his wife again. This time the pace was slow and undemanding. Their movements measured and unhurried; letting the fire slowly build from within.

 

Soft cries of release were swallowed as the movements slowed. Their bodies were slick with a thin layer of sweat. Two hearts pounded rapidly against chests; their beats synced after so many years together. Blue eyes met green.

 

"Never stop looking at me like that," Rachel whispered staring into her husband's eyes as he leaned over her.

 

"Like what?"

 

"Like I am your whole world." She moved her hands from his back around his waist and up his chest where she cradled his face with her palms. Tears gathered in her eyes as JC's expression softened.

 

JC lowered his head, kissing his wife, trying to project all the love he felt for her. "I will never stop looking at you like that because you are my whole world."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: wallsex postsync originalcharacter marriedjc