Author's Chapter Notes:
Final chapter! I hope you've enjoyed the story!

"That was awesome!" Megan said as she caught up with Rachel as she came backstage. "You tore the place down!"

 

Rachel shook her head smiling. "Doubtful."

 

"Seriously!" Megan exclaimed. "Did you see how crazy everyone was going! I couldn't keep up with Twitter. It was going nuts with tweets about how great you were! You were trending! NSYNC was trending! JC was trending!" She turned from Rachel, grinning at the other ladies. "You guys nailed it! Just wait until you watch the video. It was definitely your best performance."

 

"Thanks!" Erin grinned, using a towel to wipe the sweat from her face.

 

"My heart is beating a thousand times per second," Meeghan pressed a hand over her heart. "It's gonna explode right out of my chest."

 

"It will take a few hours to come down from post show euphoric," Rachel told them. She gratefully accepted the white towel Megan handed her. She patted at her face, wondering just how bad her makeup was messed up. "After a show the guys would be up for hours."

 

"You couldn't have performed that any better," Wade came up and pulled Rachel into a hug.

 

"Oh," Rachel laughed surprised. "I stink!" But she hugged him back.

 

"You were awesome!" Wade broke the hug and pulled away as the other girls gathered around. He hugged them all. "I feel like a proud Papa right now."

 

"I'm sad that this is all over," Whitney frowned. "We're not going to be meeting up tomorrow go practice."

 

"I thought you'd be happy to get rid of me?" Wade teased.

 

"Well that goes without saying," Whitney grinned wrapping an arm around Danielle's shoulders. The five women had become friends over the last two months.

 

"When I get back into town, we'll have to go out and celebrate a successful night," Rachel told them. "I'm not just saying that either. It might be awhile but we'll definitely go out."

 

"You were amazing!" Mr. Klein's voice boomed causing everyone to turn and look. He pulled each of the five girls into a hug and shook Wade's hand. "I knew this would be a success the minute your name was brought up Mrs. Chasez."

 

"Thank you," Rachel smiled politely at the man. After the past week she had grown to dislike him. He was all over their rehearsals with remarks and wanting to change things and add things.

 

"We've already been hearing outstanding things about your performance. My PR department is already fielding calls to get in touch with you," he grinned seeing Rachel's confused look. "Everyone wants you to perform on their shows. I'm telling you, you were a big hit!"

 

"What shows?" Rachel asked slowly. Her mind was reeling. She was still trying to come down from the performance. She was beyond exhausted between rehearsals and her concerts. The only thing she knew about her schedule was she was flying out at an insane time in the morning for Washington State. Her concert tomorrow night was in Seattle.

 

"The Today Show, Good Morning America, Leno, Letterman!" Mr. Klein boosted. "They all want you ladies on their show."

 

Rachel looked at the four women, seeing the hopeful expressions on their faces at the thought of performing their routine on four of the biggest TV shows. She looked at Megan who was shaking her head. There was no way she could perform on any of those shows. Aside from The Tonight Show, the three other shows Mr. Klein mentioned were all broadcasted in New York. She didn't have time to fly cross country, do the shows and make it back for her concerts. She hated him for bringing it up in front of the girls. Now she was going to be the bad person.

 

"Mr. Klein, I hope you didn't tell anyone yes or even maybe," Rachel started off. She couldn't look at Whitney, Meeghan, Erin or Danielle. She didn't want to see their disappointed faces. "First off, you don't have the authority to book me for any appearance. Even my publicist doesn't have the authority. All appearances have to be cleared by me. And in case you have forgotten, my tour just started back up. I am on tour until the end of September. Tomorrow morning, before you're even out of bed, I will be on a flight to Washington for my concert tomorrow night. Then it's on to Oregon, Utah, Nevada and Texas. It is logistically impossible for me to be on any of those shows. Not to mention I have meet and greet with fans and local radio station interviews. I will not cancel on any of these people, most of all my fans who have spent their hard earned money to come and see me perform." She could see Mr. Klein's face turn red. From embarrassment or anger she wasn't sure. At this point she didn't care. "I'm sorry if it's going to make you look bad, but you'll have to call and cancel anything you slated me for." She turned away only to have a hand grip her arm.

 

JC nearly ran off the stage after they each spoke a few words about the honor they were given. The only reason he was happy to get on stage and talk was it meant they got to go backstage before retaking their seats. Going backstage meant he would be able to see Rachel. Excitement radiated from him and he couldn't wait to see her. The guys knew this, allowing him to walk first.

 

He didn't have to search long. Those yellow pants she wore made her stand out. Her back was to him and he grinned widely. The view from this angle was even more delicious. She definitely wore them better than he ever could. His opinion though, was severely biased. His easy manner was gone in a flash when he saw the man she had been talking to grab her arm as she turned away. His hands fisted in anger.

 

"Don't cause a scene," Joey's voice filtered into JC's left ear. "Even more than there already is," Joey murmured seeing the people milling about backstage staring in Rachel's direction.

 

"You might want to release the hold you have on her arm," Wade spoke lowly, meeting JC's eyes; they were flashing in anger. "Because in about two seconds you're gonna have one angry man giving you more problems than you could ever imagine."

 

Rachel gasped and spun on her heel. A smile broke out when she saw JC and the rest of NSYNC walking toward her. Judging by the look on their faces, she knew they saw a little of what had happened. Trying not to make it a big deal she started walking toward JC. It only took two steps before she was swept up in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck, laughing as he swung her around.

 

"You... Were simply amazing," JC spoke holding her tight some of his anger dissipating as he held his wife. "I am completely shocked and speechless. I'm not even sure what I said at the podium afterward. I'm sure I babbled on about how great you were and how much I love you."

 

Rachel threw her head back and laughed. "There is nothing wrong with that." She met his shining blue eyes and gave him a bright smile before she leaned forward and kissed him.

 

Keeping one arm around her to secure her against him, he used his free hand to pick up the medallion. He smiled as he held it in his fingers and rubbed his thumb across the front. "Nice touch."

 

"I was so worried it would get caught in my shirt when I took it off," she tucked her chin to look down at the necklace in her husband's hand.

 

JC laid the necklace back down then cupped the side of Rachel's head, threading his fingers through her hair, a mass of loose curls. With her head still lowered, he placed a kiss on her hairline, feeling her hold on him tighten.

 

"Come on; come on," Joey grumbled good-naturedly. "Break it up already. We know you're disgustingly in love."

 

Rachel laughed as she released JC only to be swept up by Lance. "You were ah-mazing!" Lance told his sister as he hugged her tight. "I hate to be every other act that follows you tonight."

 

"I'm sure they will be just as good."

 

"Sweetheart, you weren't even in the same stratosphere as good," Joey stated when it was his turn to hug. "Melissa couldn't sit still through the whole performance. I thought she was gonna be a crazy fan and storm the stage."

 

"I would have killed her," Rachel stated as turned to Chris. She was stunned when he placed his hands on her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. "You're insane," she chuckled when he released her.

 

"He's dead if he does it again," JC sent Chris a look. The older man just laughed at him and hugged Rachel.

 

"After that performance I don't mind all the reunion talks," Chris told her. "It's definitely all worth it." He grinned. "I have a huge question to ask you."

 

"Oh boy," Lance muttered.

 

"You think you can hook me up with tickets to your show in Florida?"

 

Rachel laughed out loud, hugging Chris again, kissing his cheek. "Front row center for you."

 

"Yes!" Chris fist pumped.

 

"I think you should definitely think about making this a career," Justin winked as he pulled her into a hug. "You definitely got the talent for it."

 

"Really? You think so?" She smiled. "Nah, it's just something I like to do in my spare time. I'm not all that good."

 

Justin laughed loudly as he released her. "All those people out there are just wishing they had half your talent."

 

"Out there?" Chris echoed. "How about back here? I'd like to have half of it."

 

"Where'd you get those moves, Girl?" Justin nudged her with his hip. "I thought for sure you'd dance like Lance seeing how you share the same genes."

 

"I don't try to control you. Look into my eyes and I'll own you," Joey sang, grinning when Justin and Chris joined. "With them moves like Chasez. She's got the moves like Chasez. She's got the mooooooooves... like Chasez."

 

Rachel groaned holding her head in her hands. She felt her face burning with embarrassment. "I haven't missed any of you at all."

 

"Lies. All lies," Chris grinned. "You can't get enough of us. You missed us like crazy, me especially."

 

"You're right," Rachel told him with a smile, patting his cheek. "There were times when I couldn't go to sleep at night and I'd watch videos of you on my phone mourning how much I missed you."

 

"I knew it!" Chris wrapped his arm around Rachel's shoulder pulling her to his side. "It's been me all along hasn't it? Come on, you don't have to lie anymore. We can sneak out of here and ride off into the sunset."

 

JC rolled his eyes and he pulled his wife away from his friend. "Get real, Chris."

 

Chris gave a huge sigh, placing a hand over his heart. "I'll wait until you're strong enough to leave this dork."

 

"Like that will ever happen," Joey snorted staring at JC and Rachel. "How the hell did you manage to keep that a secret?"

 

"It wasn't easy," Rachel turned her head from JC to stare at the guys. She felt a hand at the small of her back and she pressed herself against it. "There were many times I almost spilled the beans but caught myself just in time. It was definitely hard not to mention Wade. That would have given it away for sure."

 

"Where is that fucker?" Justin asked. He hadn't seen the man in a few years.

 

"Over there with the girls," she nodded toward Erin, Whitney, Danielle and Meeghan. "Come and meet them before we go back out."

 

"If you need help getting out of those pants, let me know." Chris grinned eying the yellow pants up and down.

 

"Knock it off," Lance said slapping the back of Chris's head.

 

"I'll keep your offer in mind," Rachel laughed as the group descended on Wade and the girls. Hugs and compliments were exchanged between the guys and the girls. While Wade got hand shakes, bro hugs and vulgar remarks. As they settled into conversation, Rachel noticed Megan trying to catch her eye. "I'll be right back," she ran a hand down JC's back in a comforting gesture before making her way to her personal assistant. "What's up?"

 

"Mr. Klein is pissed," Megan stated once her boss came over.

 

"What else am I supposed to do, Megan? You know very well I can't go on any of those shows. It's not possible. I can't be in two places at once." She rubbed her temples feeling the beginning of a headache.

 

"Word on the street is he's already booked you on Letterman and The Today Show."

 

"Who does he think he is?" Rachel bristled. "You can't just go and agree to things for me. JC's not even allowed to!"

 

That brought a smile to Megan's face.

 

"What did he expect me to do? Cancel my concerts this week, my sold out concerts to appease him and what he wanted?" Rachel pressed her palms into her face before dragging her fingers back through her hair or trying too. There was so much hairspray in her hair from when she styled it before the show. Then on top of it being flung around on stage it was in a knotted mess. Her fingers tangled into the strands leaving the heels of her palms on her forehead.

 

"I know Rachel. I've had a lot of people get a hold of me wanting you to talk to them; wanting you guys to perform on their show. But unless they wait a couple months until your tour makes it to the East Coast, you can't do it."

 

"This sucks Megan," Rachel sighed. "He had to bring it up in front of them. You saw their faces. They looked ecstatic at the thought of performing on The Today Show and Jay Leno. And here I am having to be the bitch and say no. I would do all those shows in a heartbeat with them." She raised her head to look at Megan. "I feel really bad because they deserve recognition too and they won't get it."

 

JC looked over and frowned seeing the tension in Rachel's body. He wished her could see her face, but she had her back to him. Megan's face was drawn in and serious listening to whatever his wife was saying. Excusing himself from the group he made his way toward Rachel placing his hands on her shoulders. "Are you okay?" He spoke softly in her ear.

 

"I'll go and make sure everything is taken care of," Megan gave Rachel a small smile. With a short look to JC, she walked away, leaving husband and wife alone.

 

Rachel closed her eyes, leaning back against JC as he kneaded her shoulders. "That feels so good. Keep it up and I'll melt into a puddle on the floor right here."

 

JC pressed a kiss to her temple. He moved his hands up and down her upper arms before he felt her move. When she faced him, he saw the haggard, almost defeated expression. Gone was excited, care free, happy that he saw on stage. "What's going on? What happened?"

 

Rachel reached for JC's hands as she backed up, letting her body rest against the wall. She pulled him closer to her wanting him near. "I swear JC; this has probably been one of the best experiences or one of the worst. I'm beginning to think I was used for some ulterior motive. Like I wasn't the best person for the job just the best one that could get you noticed and take you places. This is the first time I've been used and let me tell you," she met his gaze. "It sucks."

 

Listening to Rachel talk and explain about Mr. Klein, JC felt his anger returning. It pissed him off seeing his wife this depressed. It was the last thing she should be after the performance she just gave. It especially made him angry that he hadn't been around to see what was happening and put a stop to it. No one messed with her. Her happiness was always placed above his. He cupped her jaw when she lowered her head and lifted it, staring into her green eyes. "You were by far the best person to do this. What you just did out there... wow! No one else would have put forth the effort you did. You learned dance routines to six songs in two months. You just put on a mini concert while all the artists only got one song or a mash up of two. You sang eight of our songs. I am so proud of you."

 

Rachel buried her face into JC's chest then wormed her arms around his waist. "Maybe I just needed to hear that," she mumbled against his chest.

 

"Then I will tell you that over and over," JC whispered wrapping his arms around her, holding her tightly. "I love you so much."

 

"I was so nervous to be singing those songs with you guys right there...with you right there."

 

"Sweetheart, you sang those songs better than we ever did," JC murmured in her ear. He rubbed his hands up and down her back.

 

Rachel chuckled and picked her head up off JC's chest. "Not hardly. I think I did okay."

 

"Okay?" JC repeated. "You were better than okay!"

 

"I was pretty good, huh?"

 

JC rolled his eyes wrapping an arm around her shoulders. He held her to his side walking them back to the group.

 

"When are we gonna see you shake your booty like that again?" Chris asked.

 

"I wanna know if she gets to keep the pants." Joey said, eying the article of clothing.

 

"Why you want to borrow 'em?" Rachel quipped, drawing laughter. She felt a little better after being able to vent to JC, to get things off her chest that she hadn't been able to tell him. She wrapped her arm around his waist, smiling when she felt him hug her to him and place a kiss on the side of her head.

 

"He couldn't get his big ole butt in them," Justin laughed.

 

"Shit they wouldn't make it past my thighs."

 

"Maybe you should stop sampling the recipes on your show," Lance grinned.

 

"Melissa is perfectly happy with the way I look."

 

"Obviously since she's knocked up again."

 

"What can I say," Joey grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. "She can't keep her hands off of me."

 

"From what I hear, you're a horny toad," Rachel grinned. She wrapped her arm across JC's stomach, clasping her fingers together hugging him.

 

"What do you say we blow this joint, go out and really give the gossip columns something to talk about?"

 

Everyone exchanged looks at Justin's question, shrugging their shoulders. Sounded perfect to them.

 

"Can you leave? Are you finished?" Lance asked his sister.

 

"I have to take a few photos yet then I'm good," Rachel told them. She scanned the backstage area, seeing the rest of the girls getting set up with the photographer. "It shouldn't take too long. I'll send Megan out to get the others."

 

"So this man of yours," Chris asked Lance slyly as Rachel parted ways with them to join the other girls for photographs. "He is old enough to get in to clubs and drink right?"

 

Lance rolled his eyes. "Aren't you getting too old for clubs? You want us to find a bingo hall instead?"

 

"Hey!" Chris yelled. "I call a mean I-29."

 

Joey laughed placing his arm around Chris's shoulders, "I bet his O's are pretty nasty too."

 

"How do you know anything about my O's?" Chris wiggled his eyebrows. "You been in my bedroom?"

 

"Oh gross," Joey shoved Chris away.

 

"Do the pose how you ended the performance," the photographer told the ladies.

 

"Ragged breathing and all?" Erin asked, causing them to laugh.

 

"Nothing sexy about heavy breathing and sweaty unless it's in the bedroom," Whitney said, striking the pose the photographer wanted.

 

"Come on," Justin told the guys, nodding his head in the direction of the girls as they finished. "Let's take a photo with our mini's and get out of here."

 

"What are you doing?" Rachel asked confused seeing the guys walk up and stand next to each of them.

 

"Taking a photo," Lance said as he stood next to Danielle.

 

"How are we doing this?" Chris asked.

 

"Have I told you recently how much I love you?" Rachel smiled at JC as the rest of the guys were clowning around with different positions.

 

JC grinned and wrapped his arms around her, spinning her across his body and dipped her. "No; but I know." He didn't give her a chance to respond before he kissed her. The photographer quickly snapped the picture; a small smile on his face at the couple so clearly in love.

 

"I am not doing that," Joey stated as his friends kissed. "No offense," he said looking at Meeghan. "Mel would have my balls in a vice..."

 

"She'd have to remove them from her purse first"

 

Joey punched Chris in the arm that started a ruckus. It ended with Joey in a headlock and Justin on Chris's back trying to lock in some sort of sleeper hold.

 

"And here I thought they'd grown up," Rachel looked at the three shaking her head as Lance moved to stand with her and JC. She wrapped an arm around each of the men; the two most important men in her life.

 

"Some things never change."


Completed
TeamChasez is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked NSYNC Tribute also liked 50 other stories.
This story is part of the series, NSYNC Tribute. The next story in the series is Joy Ride.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: wallsex postsync originalcharacter marriedjc