Author's Chapter Notes:

Annaleigh grows closer to JC, realizing they have something in common and meets his girlfriend, Bobbie, before getting a glimpse into the real world at the No Strings Attached release party.

(It's Christmas Eve!)

~14~

March 20, 2000
New York

“That was better, but you were still pitchy in some areas,” JC said as he removed his hands from the keyboard that sat in his lap. He looked up at her from the chair he was sitting at. “You’re not relaxed. You need to relax.”

“Shoot, who can relax when your album is this close to releasing?” Annaleigh asked, dropping her arms down by her sides, the sheet music in her hands—covered in her slanted, yet loopy writing—making a crinkling sound as it hit her thighs. She lifted her hand and held her forefinger and thumb apart, a small space between them. “Get real.”

JC chuckled, shaking his head. In fact, it was odd for Annaleigh to see any of them so calm, cool, and collected about it. Maybe it was because it wasn’t the first album they were releasing. But it was the first album they were releasing after the court case. Everyone and their mother was waiting to see what it was that *NSYNC was going to do free from his clutches.

She was excited to be a part of it, but every time she was asked about it, her words came out tight and forced. She didn’t want to give anything away, but was equally excited. Despite seeing everything happen day after day as it slowly came to fruition, every day was like she was being introduced to the music world all over again. She could do without the long days, though. She felt sluggish for a while with how little sleep she was getting through long days and the nerves that kept her up at night.

It didn’t come without reward, though. She quickly found out that the best thing about it all was that she loved performing. They played a show in Connecticut at a high school, and appeared on the Rose O’Donnell show to promote the new album and to announce that tour tickets were now on sale. She couldn’t wait to get home for a few days before the first night on tour. Everything was leading up to the first night of tour. Soon, they’d be flying out to Florida for the final month of the main event doing non-stop rehearsals, especially the last week of that month.

It was what the boys called Hell Week. Affectionately, according to Chris. That last week of rehearsals, they practically locked themselves into the rehearsal space doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and breathing rehearsals. Rumor had it, it got so bad, they even started singing every little thing that came out of their mouths.

She couldn’t wait.

And on the other hand, unsurprisingly to anyone she was sure, she was a nervous wreck.

“You don’t have Gloria’s range, you don’t have to try and match it,” JC said to her as she lowered herself down onto the corner of his bed.

“Thanks for that reminder,” Annaleigh commented. JC struck her with a pointed look, lifting an eyebrow.

“You know what I mean,” he said to her. “And you know I hate it when you talk about yourself like that. You’re better than you think you are.”

“Thanks, dad,” Annaleigh replied.

JC opened and closed his mouth for a moment before leaning back in his chair just slightly. He crossed his arms over his chest. Uh oh. He was going full-on dad mode with her. She was grateful that JC took the time to look out for her and help her feel like she had more than Lance to talk to about things, but there were other times where she hated it when he tried to fill in a fatherly role with her.

And not just her, she saw it with all the other members of NSYNC. When he wasn’t looking for a place to sleep, he was on top of things; making sure they were on schedule, that they were where they needed to be, and focused on whatever task they had at hand.

“Have you heard from him?” he asked.

“Who, my dad?” Annaleigh asked, brushing her hair out of her face, tucking a lock behind her ear. “No, he hasn’t returned my calls in a bit. Last I heard he was takin’ more shifts at the construction site, so…” She shrugged her shoulders.

“And your mom?” he asked. Annaleigh’s eyebrows twitched upwards. “Still nothing?”

“Is that a big surprise to you?” she asked. She shrugged her shoulders. “I’ve actually kind of stopped tryin’ so much. I left her a message about the first show, so I hope she goes.” JC made a humming sound, pursing his lips. “You were adopted, right?”

She watched JC still for a moment before he lifted his blue eyes. “How’d you know that?” he asked quietly.

“Lance told me,” Annaleigh replied. JC gave a slight nod of his head. “He only said something because he knew how my parents were. Don’ be mad at him.”

“I’m not,” JC insisted. He talked over her just slightly. It was like he was prepared for the comment. He gave a tight smile. “Really.”

“Did you ever know your biological parents?” she asked, tilting her head to the side. “If ya don’ mind my askin’.” JC looked like he wasn’t going to answer her, his eyes narrowing slightly before he raked his fingers through his hair, letting out a sigh.

“I don’t normally talk about this,” he said quietly.

“Why not?” she asked.

“But, I think it could help you figure some things out with your parents,” JC continued as if she hadn’t said anything. “I just don’t want this getting around, y’know? Not that I’m ashamed…” He put his hands up in the air, briefly closing his eyes. “Just promise me, please?”

“Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye,” Annaleigh replied as she drew an X over chest before pressing hr index and middle finger together, kissing the tips. “Promise.”

JC carefully set the keyboard down onto the ground, leaning it up against his cluttered desk. “I knew my mom,” he replied, slowly nodding his head. “Until I was about…5 years old. I remember she would make chocolate chip pancakes every Wednesday morning as a ‘pick me up’ during the week, and she would sing along to the songs on the radio—even if she didn’t know all the words. But, she knew the situation we were in at the time wasn’t the best and I think that’s something that makes her not only a wonderful person, but a wonderful mother. She knew she couldn’t keep me in that situation so she decided that allowing another family to raise me was the best thing for me.”

Annaleigh watched as JC turned his head to the side. A muscle in his jaw twitched as he swallowed thickly. “I don’t think she’d ever want me to think of it as her giving me up, and I don’t want to think of it that way, either. She just put me in a better situation with someone she trusted. My parents, Roy and Karen, were her own foster parents a moment in her life. They graciously took me in—and I could still see her, my biological mom. It was an open adoption so I could see her whenever she wanted to visit.”

“You know, I always thought she truly showed how much she loved me by taking me out of our current situation and putting me in a better one. Roy and Karen had always been so loving and supportive of what I did and now I have a brother and a sister—Tyler and Heather—and I love them to death. You see, my mom loved me more than I think could ever comprehend when she decided that what was best for me and for her was for her to go off on her own and to turn her life around.”

Silence stretched between the two of them. “JC,” Annaleigh said quietly, “I—“

“So, a part of me thinks that your mom leaving, and cutting contact with you, despite how hard it had to have been for your mom, and for your dad, and for you,” JC continued, setting his attention back on her, “she had to love you a whole lot to choose to take herself out of the equation. As for never returning your calls, I know it hurts but maybe it’s what she has to do to settle and turn her life around.”

Annaleigh sucked her teeth with her tongue, her jaw setting. She didn’t know how to feel about thought-bomb he had just dropped on her. She was surprised it didn’t blow her to pieces, but it did leave her feeling breathless, just a tad lightheaded, a ringing in her ears, and a little bit of pain. Or at least that’s how she’d describe it if anyone asked. Friend or not, in this town she had been told so many times that if you showed any sign of weakness, people would jump on it like a pack of hyenas.

“Anyway, that’s just my thoughts,” JC said with a shrug. He cleared his throat, before passing his thumb under his nose. “I don’t want to…tell you how to feel or anything.”

“Josh.” JC blinked, lifting his eyebrows in a silent question. “I’m sorry. And thanks.”

“Don’t apologize, I’m not,” JC replied, twisting his mouth to the side. He gave her a hint of a smile. “And you’re welcome.”

“You didn’t say anything about your dad,” Annaleigh pointed out.

“That’s because I don’t know how he is, I don’t know where he is, and I don’t care to know either of those things,” JC replied dismissively as he picked up the keyboard again.

“You never thought about it?” she asked.

JC chuckled. “I’ve had the opportunity,” he muttered. He used a hand and brushed his hair off his forehead, rocking the keyboard back and forth as he shifted his knees. “Tell you what; the day I decide to go and look for my dad, is the day I volunteer to help you find your mom. Whenever you decide to take that into your own hands.”

Annaleigh smiled. “Deal,’ she replied.

“Ok, now let’s get back to work,” JC said, returning to his serious disposition. “Now, on the second verse—you were the one always on my side, always standing by, seeing me through—that part, on the ‘through’ you’re singing it a bit too high.” He then started singing the song, showing her what he was trying to get out of her.

“Ok, I’ll try again,” Annaleigh agreed, nodding her head. She lifted the sheet music and JC started playing the opening lines to the second verse of Music of My Heart. “You were the one always on my side.”

“Always on my side,” JC sang the repeated line (one that originally went to Justin).

“Always standing by, seeing me through. You were the song that always made me sing. I'm singing this for you.” Annaleigh got to her feet as she sang, starting to pace back and forth. “Everywhere I go I think of where I've been. And of the one who knew me better than anyone ever will again.”

“Good,” JC said with a nod of his head, ending the chord he was holding out on the keyboard. “It was better.”

“Not perfect, eh?” Annaleigh asked with a smirk. JC chuckled as he heard a knock on his hotel room door. He got to his feet and crossed the room, the frayed ends of his jeans pants legs dragging on the floor. She heard a click and the door was open.

“Well, doesn’t this look cozy.”

Annaleigh lowered the sheet music in her hand and over at the blonde haired girl standing in the doorway of the hotel room, gazing upon her. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows lifted upwards, exaggerating the arch that was already in place on her forehead.

“Bobbie.” A bright smile blossomed on JC’s face. “What are you doing here?” He enveloped the girl in a tight hug before kissing her. She giggled against his lips, kissing him back with much enthusiasm.

I think I’m going to see my lunch again. Annaleigh felt her upper lip curl as she watched “Bobbie’s” arms loop around JC’s neck as she pressed herself harder against him. Not that that’s really a bad thing. Joey had made lunch that day and he certainly could give her cooking skills a run for her money. With how quickly they all wolfed it down, she did want some more. Hiking an eyebrow, Annaleigh lifted a fist to her mouth and very loudly let out a cough.

“Sorry.” JC blushed as he pulled away from the girl he was kissing on, keeping an arm looped around her thin waist. “Bobbie, this is Annaleigh Carr, our new bass player. Annaleigh, this is my girlfriend, Bobbie Thomas.”

“It’s mighty nice to meet ya,” Annaleigh said, offering her hand towards the older woman.

“Oh, she’s cute,” Bobbie said with a bright smile as she took Annaleigh’s hand, gently shaking it. “It’s no wonder everyone’s talking about her.”

Cute.

Annaleigh wasn’t sure whether or not to be offended. She had a baby face, she knew that, but it did get to be annoying to be 17 years old and still look like a 12-year-old. There was some positives to it. Like for a while after the “age limit” she could still order off the Kids’ Menu at restaurants. But at a time where she wanted to be seen as older, it got annoying. She was surprised Bobbie didn’t go as far as patting her on the head with her coo of greeting.

“I came out to LA for work and decided to drop by and surprise you,” Bobbie replied. She threw her arms up in the air as if she was shouting ‘ta da’ as she jumped out of a cake. “Surprise, Joshie! My magazine is covering the album release tomorrow and I wanted o show my support.”

“Bobbie! You’re amazing.” JC kissed her on the cheek. Bobbie lifted her eyebrows before shifting her gaze over towards Annaleigh. JC broke out of whatever trance he was in, motioning towards her. “Yeah, she’s been a great addition to the group,” JC said, giving Bobbie a kiss on the cheek before giving Annaleigh a pointed look, “no matter how much she thinks she’s messing up.”

“Your positivity does not go unnoticed,” Annaleigh replied, waving her hand in the air.

“One of the many things I like about you, baby,” Bobbie said, reaching out a finger to tap the end of his nose. “So, Anna L—“

Annaleigh,” Annaleigh instantly corrected her. “It’s easy t’remember. Anna rhymes with sauna.”

“That’s cute,” Bobbie said with a bright smile. “Annaleigh.” She paused to make sure she pronounced the name correctly—Annaleigh nodded—and looped an arm around her boyfriend’s shoulders. ”I hope JC has helped you feel at home. He’s always had a comfortable air about him.”

Comfortable enough to practically jump the minute you set your moon eyes on him? Annaleigh pressed her lips together, her last line of defense in blurting out those words. If you want respect, you have to give it. Her dad had told her that so many times and she liked to think she did a good job of holding herself up to those words.

Plus, after having gone through being the town gossip for so long, having to dodge the negative words like bullets, she tried hard not to judge anyone else on how they acted, their personality, or what they had personally gone through in their lives. In a world that could be on your side one minute, and then against you one second later, it was only fair.

“Yeah, JC’s great,” Annaleigh replied. “He’s been helpin’ me with this song.”

“We’re trying to convince her to sing Music of My Heart with us on tour,” JC explained to Bobbie as he brushed a strand of her hair out of her face. “We’re rehearsing the song just in case. She’s a good singer, a few lessons here and there wouldn’t hurt.”

“You’re too sweet, Joshie,” Bobbie cooed before giving JC a kiss on the cheek. “And you have a great voice to boot. If anyone could help her, you could.” She then turned towards Annaleigh. “I heard a little bit outside the door, it was really good. You’re very talented.”

“I thank ya kindly,” Annaleigh said with a smile. “I’ll just leave you two alone.”

“Same time tomorrow, Ace?” JC asked.

“Ace?” Bobbie asked, her eyebrows lifting.

“I’ve been called that for years,” Annaleigh replied, waving her hand in the air. “Name from my best friend, my initials are A.C.C., whichever reason you wanna pick.” She brushed her hair out of her face with her shoulder, speaking to JC. “Depends on what time, I have school first thing in the morning while y’all are doin’ your promo stuff.” She wrinkled her nose, sticking out her tongue.

“Just let me know, maybe we can squeeze it in during all the stuff we have to do,” JC replied. Annaleigh gave a nod of her head, rolling the sheet music in her hand into a tube, tapping it against her palm as she turned towards the door. “So how are you, how’s work?”

“I’ll let you know as soon as I return from the bathroom,” Bobbie replied, placing a hand on JC’s chest, playing with the button of his shirt.

 “I’ll get going,” Annaleigh said, waving the sheet music towards the door.  “I need to eat something, anyway. Everyone’s eating in my suite if you want to join. If I don’t go now, Joey will be followin’ me around the room sighing in despair every five seconds.” She turned around the in the doorway and gave him a smile. “I was thinking about having breakfast for dinner. Fixin’ to make some chocolate chip pancakes. What do you think?”

JC smiled.

“I was hoping I could take you out tonight,” Bobbie said as she stepped out into the hallway. “Catch up and fill each other in our lives. I’m not in New York for long.”

“I’m on good authority t’know that my chocolate chip pancakes make a pretty good desert as well,” Annaleigh said with a wink. “Powdered sugar, whipped cream, chocolate fudge. I’ll make sure Chris and Joey don’t eat it all.”

“Thanks, Ace,” JC replied before kissing Bobbie on the cheek.

“Anytime.”




March 21, 2000
No Strings Attached Release Party
Manhattan, New York

“I’m just saying I don’t understand why the need for clowns,” Gabriel said as he brushed glitter and confetti from his hair. He had to shout over the loud music as he and Annaleigh made their way into Laura Belle—the location for *NSYNC’s album release party.

“You know as well as I do at this point that they have to outdo themselves at every turn,” Annaleigh replied, tightly gripping the black clutch in one hand, using the other to gently pat her hair, checking to see that it was still holding up—despite having a whole can practically used on her alone—after walking the red carpet, taking pictures of their arrival.

It already looked like the party was in full swing and wasn’t going to be slowing down anytime soon. Mimes and clowns worked the crowds, trying to keep them entertained. Glitter or confetti would shower down over the crowd and the arrivals periodically.

“Well this certainly looks like it’s going to be a rager,” Gabriel commented, shaking his head from side to side. “I think I’ll be leaking glitter for a week straight.”

“Aww, that ain’t too bad,” Annaleigh replied, waving her hand in the air. She took a step back to look him up and down. A light gray button down shirt under a black vest, dark pants, and shiny dark shoes. “It adds a nice touch to your outfit.”

“Hmm, yeah, only a girl would say that,” he commented with a teasing smile.

“That don’t mean no nevermind,” she said, waving her hand in the air. Nevertheless she reached her hand up to brush the excess loose glitter from her hair and off her shoulders. She hooked her thumb under the strap of her black dress, bringing some relief of the pressure digging her bra strap into her shoulder. “Ok, how do I look? The top isn’t too revealing is it?”

She motioned towards the upper half of her black dress. She had her hesitations about wearing it herself, but Johanna, Tracy, and Monica never let her down. The solid black material was woven into a diamond like patter over her chest where a nude colored material sat underneath. It was a pretty tasteful dress, but Annaleigh couldn’t help but wonder what her dad would say when he saw it.

“Aw, I’m not the best to ask this question,” Gabriel said with an over exaggerated groan. “Especially now. We already got our pictures taken.” His upper lip curled just slightly as he adjusted the collar of his shirt. “I hate dressing up.”

“You think I do?” Annaleigh asked with a laugh, planting a hand on her hip. “Shoot, t-shirt, sweats, and a nice book are all I need for a night in.”

“Oh, but you wouldn’t look nearly as good as you do now,” Wade said with an easy going smile as he walked up to the two of them. He angled his head in Gabriel’s direction. “That goes to you, too, of course.”

Gabriel laughed. “Of course,” he replied, sliding his hands into his pants pockets. “I appreciate the sentiment.”

“Thank you,” Annaleigh said to Wade.

He blinked in surprise. “No sarcastic comment?” he asked. “I’m shocked.”

“I’m not,” Annaleigh said with a smile before holding her hand out to Gabriel. “You just won me five bucks.” Gabriel clicked his tongue as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out his wallet and removed the dollar bill before handing it to her.

“You couldn’t have waited five minutes, dude?” Gabriel asked as Annaleigh slipped the five dollars into her clutch purse, snapping it shut with a smug smile.

Wade shrugged. “Call it like I see it,” he replied before stepping past the two of them.

“Hey,” Annaleigh said, reaching out and grabbing his shoulder. She gave him a smile. “Seriously, Wade. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Wade replied, returning her smile and leaning forward just slightly in a small bow.

“That guy has it bad for you,” Gabriel said under his breath as he watched Wade head into the party. He laughed. “Like, obviously so.”

“Gee, I hadn’ noticed,” Annaleigh replied, grasping his arm as he stuck his elbow out towards her.

“It’s not as bad as this one guy who was trying to get my mom’s attention,” Gabriel said as he lead the way inside the building, taking slow steps down the stairs. “He’d do a lot for me; pick me up after school, take me to baseball games, buy me stuff all until she told him that under no circumstances would she go out with him—because she noticed what he was doing. Then it all stopped.”

“He gave you attention just to try and court her?” Annaleigh asked. She clicked her tongue, shaking her head. “That’s not how we do things where I’m from. I’m sorry.”

“I’m not,” Gabriel replied with a smirk. “I think we went to about ten games, and he always gave me money for stuff to buy. Once I caught on, I just kept the money.” His lips parted into a grin. “I saved about $120. Used some of it to buy my mom flowers.” He shook his hair out of his face. “Y’see, my mom looks for guys who’re compatible with me as well as herself.”

“She sounds like a smart woman,” Annaleigh commented.

“She is,” Gabriel replied, reaching for the door handle. He pulled it open and a burst of hot air hit the two of them followed a split second by a loud pumping blast of music. “Come on, let’s find the guys. Congratulate ‘em.”

“They’re over there.” Annaleigh pointed her index finger, where a solid black ring sat, indicating the far side of the room. “I can see Joey’s hair.” She stood on the tips of her cowboy boots. “Shoot. Doesn’ seem to be a way over there.”

“Easiest way to move through a crowd is to go along with them,” Gabriel pointed out. “We’re going to have to dance our way through. I learned all my moves from my mom, so you can watch me make an embarrassment out of myself.”

“I think you’ve been around Joey too much,” Annaleigh said with a laugh. “Just the thought of it is already making me tired.” She pulled her hand from his elbow and fanned herself. She was sure with all the body heat it was going to get worse closer to the center of the room. “I’m going to need some energy. I’m going to get a soda first.”

“Alright, cool,” Gabriel replied with a nod of his head. “Just make sure you keep an eye on it all night and if you put it down, just order another one.” Annaleigh gave him an odd look. “Just trust me.”

“Ok,” she replied. Whatever. Annaleigh made her way around the outskirts of the party to find herself a free bartender to get her a soda. She hummed along to the music that was playing, bopping to the beat. She carefully sidestepped the party goers, trying not to get in their pictures, and be blinded by the bright flash of their disposable cameras. She was sure Joey had his video camera in hand, recording everything.

“What can I get you, little girl?” the bartender asked, leaning across the damp dark wood top to be heard.

Annaleigh bristled at the name, and felt her face heat up more than it already felt due to how warm the building was. Hearing a cackle, she turned her head to see Wade leaning up against the bar, talking to a brunette, who had her glitter nail polish covered fingers stroking his arm.

“Do you have any Mountain Dew, sir?” Annaleigh shouted back. “It’s my favorite.”

“Coming right up.”

“Come on, Wade, just one more dance,” the girl said, tossing her hair over her shoulder. “You promised me a few dances ago.”

“Keeping count, huh, Theresa?” Wade asked with a grin. “And if I were to ask you to get something after, like ice cream, would you count down the hours?”

“Every second,” she replied with a giggle, removing her hand from his arm, placing it on the curve of her waist. “It’s just one dance. You aren’t too shy are you? A great choreographer like yourself? Impossible..”

“Oh, p-lease,” Annaleigh muttered, rolling her eyes. Wade and Theresa looked over at her and Annaleigh quickly realized just how quiet it was between song changes. D’oh! “Annnd, I said that out loud.” She reached for her glass of soda the bartender returned with, gave the bartender a smile and made a hasty exit, walking away as fast as she could. The smile of amusement on Wade’s face burned in her mind.

..

.

Annaleigh flipped her phone shut and slid it into her purse. She turned on her bar stool as she waited for her ordered beverage watching the patrons dance and have a good time as they celebrated. This was one of the best parties she had ever been to. She, Gabriel, Joey  and Chris danced crazily to the music that was playing, and Lance, Justin and JC introduced her to some of the other singers and music producers in attendance.

She knew for sure she was going to be tired the next day, let alone the next week. Tomorrow the boys were heading out to Toronto, Canada for interviews with MuchMusic and a press conference at HMV. Then on the 24th, they’d be announcing the  the first leg of the No Strings Attached tour starting off in Biloxi, Mississippi, before the boys then headed to Nickelodeon’s All That, and then the Oscars to perform “Music of My Heart”, an interview on The View, maybe a Good Morning America appearance and by the end of the week’s time figure out how the first week sales for the album was.

Her brain was tired just thinking about it. But, it was just one step closer to going on tour.

Annaleigh slipped her boots off her feet mentally cursing herself for not insisting on wearing flats that night, and massaged her sore feet with her thumbs. “Awwwww,” she sighed happily as she momentarily relieved the pain with the pressure she pressed onto the soles of her feet.

“Classic rookie mistake,” Theresa commented as she lowered herself onto the empty seat next to her. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and crossed one long, smooth leg over the other. Grasping the straps to her dress, she adjusted them before leaning her elbow on the counter. “Always bring a pair of backup shoes. I mean, your boots are cute, but…”

“Gabe’s letting me use his extras,” Annaleigh replied with a shrug of her shoulders. “He’s gone to get them.”

“How sweet,” Theresa replied with a smile. “He’s really waiting on you hand and foot isn’t he?” She reached out a hand and flicked a lock of Annaleigh’s hair off her shoulder. “You make a cute couple.”

“Don’t come half cocked,” Annaleigh said with a laugh of disbelief. Theresa gave her a confused look. “Gabe and I are just friends.”

“Like you and Wade are,” she commented. She tried to pass it off as an off-hand comment, but Annaleigh zeroed in on the fact that she said that remark as more of a statement than a question. “So, I have nothing to worry about with you then? Good. Because you don’t have a shot with Wade compared to me.”

A hand flew to Annaleigh’s chest. “And me without any pearls to clutch,” she said in a mock-shock tone. “We just work together, that’s all.”

“That better be all,” Theresa said.

Annaleigh tilted her head back, looking up at the disco ball covered ceiling. “We’re not even friends,” she said to her. “We just work together, that’s all. I don’t even see him that often, anyway. Believe you me.”

Theresa tilted her head to the side. “Good,” she said, her smile widening just slightly. “Then we have nothing else to talk about, here.” She turned on her seat and grabbed my glass of soda, lifting the straw to her lips. “It’s kind of a good thing, too. You and Gabriel kind of look alike. I mean, I know you’re from the south but…where exactly?” She winked. “Enjoy the party.” She took a long sip and smacked her red lips as she got to her feet, disappearing into the crowd.

Chapter End Notes:

 

I'm going to make a New Year's resolution that I update more often. I've been missing writing about these boys. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers unrequited sequel love nsasync jealous brotherlylove originalcharacter bestfriendl tourl