"He has visitors."

 

"No one more important than you," Lance assured his niece as he pulled into the neighbor's drive. He carefully backed out turning his car around to face the opposite direction. There were two cars hugging the opposite side of the narrow road, close to the hillside. He usually parked there. This time, he maneuvered his car as close to the curb as he could get to allow cars to be able to pass. "I hate this road," he muttered coming to a stop right before the entrance to JC's garage. "Get out the passenger side, Kenz."

 

"I know how to walk in the road Uncle Lance."

 

"It's not you who worries me. It's the other car that will come around that turn," Lance said as he turned off the car and climbed from the car. He didn't spend too much time in the road, walking quickly behind his car, meeting Michael and McKenzie at the rear of his car. A wall blocked the view of JC's patio from the road.  He walked to the door in the wall and pressed buttons on the keypad. He heard the locks release and he pushed the door open.

 

"You just walk in to his house?" McKenzie asked as she went through the door. It was a patio that offered steps down a hill side or a path back along the wall where it opened up wider around the house. That path also led to a door which her uncle was walking toward.

 

"If the gate is open, sure," Lance shrugged coming to a stop at the door where he pressed the doorbell. He could hear voices inside and he wondered who JC had over.

 

"Maybe we should come back?" McKenzie's stomach flip flopped. She was nervous enough talking to JC, she didn't want to do it with an audience.

 

"Michael and I will entertain if we have to," Lance looked down at his niece. "There are plenty of places inside that you and JC can talk without being bothered." He looked back at the door when it opened. He wasn't expecting the person on the other side of the door. "Heather!"

 

"And JC said I wouldn't get to see you," Heather laughed as she hugged her brother's friend.

 

"It's been a long time!" Lance chuckled as the hug ended.

 

"Yes it has." Heather turned her attention to the other people with Lance. "Is this Michael?"

 

"It is. Michael this is JC's sister, Heather."

 

"Hi," Michael smiled and accepted her hug. "Nice to meet you."

 

"Yes. Yes." Heather smiled and looked at the teenager. Her eyes widened when she recognized the girl. "Is this McKenzie?"

 

"The one and only."

 

"How do you know who I am?" McKenzie asked, staring at JC's sister. She was trying to find the similarities between JC and his sister. It was then she remembered Melissa telling her JC had been adopted.

 

"You look exactly like your mom," Heather laughed. "Plus JC talks about you...a lot."

 

Lance grinned at the look on McKenzie's face. "We aren't interrupting are we?"

 

"Nah," Heather shook her head swatting her hand in front of her. "Just cooking dinner and depleting my brother's wine selection."

 

Lance laughed. "McKenzie needs to borrow him."

 

"Oh no," McKenzie spoke up, shaking her head. "I don't want to interrupt."

 

"Nonsense," Heather brushed off the girl's concerns. "He'll be happy to see you. Come on," she ushered them inside and shut the door. She couldn't wait to see her brother's face. She wished Rachel had been with them, but one half of the Bass women would do.

 

"Who's all here?" Lance asked hearing the talking and laughter coming from the kitchen.

 

"Everyone," Heather said. "Mom, Dad, Tyler, Sarah, me and Drew. We're visiting for the week. Sunny Florida for sunny California. I can send JC out here? You might get thrown to the wolves in the kitchen."

 

"She's already nervous enough," Lance scolded Heather.

 

"I was talking about you," Heather sent McKenzie a wink. "You know my mom loves you Lance."

 

"Just go get him." Lance chuckled.

 

Heather tipped her wine glass in his direction and made her way to the kitchen, a huge smile on her face.

 

"Who was at the door?" JC asked when his sister reappeared in the kitchen.

 

"Solicitors." Heather grinned. "They sure are better looking out here than they are in Florida."

 

"What?" JC stilled where he was cutting potatoes on the cutting board. "At the door? How'd they get in?" He hoped his security system wasn't on the fritz.

 

"They selling anything good?" Tyler asked as he stirred the pot on the stove.

 

"Oh yeah." She giggled at JC's face. He was not impressed. "Don't worry JC, you'll like it."

 

"Who was at the door Heather?"

 

"McKenzie." She had been right. The look on JC's face was amusing.

 

"What?" JC put the knife down and reached for the towel wiping his hands. "How did she get here?" He was fairly certain McKenzie didn't even know where he lived. He was positive she didn't know the code to get in. "Is she alone?" There were so many questions in his mind. Did she run away again? He paled thinking about how long it was to get to his house from hers. It wasn't walking distance. It was walking major highways.

 

"Relax." Heather said, her smile softening. "Lance and Michael are with her. She wants to talk to you. Poor girl looks so nervous. I figured it was best to send you out there instead of bringing her into the lion's den."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Karen asked her daughter. Her heart had caught at the mention of McKenzie.

 

"You know you can't wait to get your hands on her." Tyler chuckled.

 

"Your first grandkid..."

 

"Guys," JC said giving his brother and sister a look.

 

"Send Lance and Michael in to help cook," Tyler called as JC walked out the kitchen. "Why are we cooking again?"

 

"Because us woman beat you to JC's house from the airport." Sarah grinned from her spot at the bar. Heather took the seat next to her. "You got lost."

 

"I didn't get lost," Tyler muttered. "You just drive bat shit crazy."

 

"Perfect for LA."

 

JC left his family to argue about cooking and went to find McKenzie. He was shocked she had showed up at his house. He hadn't been expecting to hear from her. He had expected to talk with Rachel and get their relationship back on track. Then he would approach McKenzie and work on their relationship. But here McKenzie stood. In his living room with Lance and Michael on either side of her. Heather had been right. McKenzie looked nervous.

 

"Is everything okay?" JC asked with trepidation. McKenzie wouldn't meet his eyes. He bit back a frown. "Heather said you needed me?"

 

"I didn't know your family was visiting," Lance apologized.

 

JC brushed the apology aside. "It's alright." He looked at Lance who tilted his head toward his niece. He turned his attention to McKenzie and watched as Lance leaned down to whisper in her ear. Whatever Lance said to her caused her to take a deep breath and look up at him. There were tears in her eyes and his heart fell to his stomach. "Kenz." He was unable to stop himself from taking a step forward. He faltered after that initial step unsure if he should pull her into a hug like he wanted. Her tears broke his heart.

 

McKenzie stared at JC, her eyes filled with tears. It was as if she were frozen in place. She couldn't move. Her hand tightened around Lance's phone. She held it like a lifeline; had read the text message JC had sent over and over in the car ride to JC's. Now she could recite it word for word. ‘I love them.' Seeing his aborted attempt to move to her, she rushed forward.

 

JC barely had time to brace himself before McKenzie slammed into him. Her arms wrapped around his waist; her head buried into his chest. "Hey," he said quietly as she cried. He lifted his arms and hugged her as tightly as she held on to him. Lance and Michael slipped away; he paid them no attention. He concentrated on the girl in his arms. "Hey...come on now...shhh...it's okay." He whispered trying to stop her tears. "No?" He questioned when he felt her head shake back and forth.

 

"No," she mumbled against him. "It's not okay."

 

"Tell me what's wrong?" JC tried to loosen his hold, but McKenzie gripped him tighter. "Hey, I'm not going anywhere."

 

"You said you couldn't stay away."

 

"What?" JC asked confused unsure he heard right between the tears and the mumbling into his chest.

 

"You said," McKenzie lifted her head to look at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks unchecked. "You said you couldn't stay away. That's why you wouldn't let me go on Saturday." Saturday seemed like a lifetime ago.

 

"I did say that."

 

"Then why? Why would you just leave us?"

 

"Oh Kenz," JC's heart broke at her question.

 

"I didn't mean what I said on Wednesday. I swear. I didn't." McKenzie sobbed. "I don't hate you. I don't. I love you. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

 

"Sweetie..." There was nothing left of JC's heart. It was lying in pieces on the floor. Tears filled his eyes. It was his turn to crush her to him. He held her as tightly as he possibly could, ducking his head to rest his cheek on her head. "It's okay. It's okay."

 

"No it's not. Everything is all messed up." McKenzie continued crying. "It's all my fault. I just... I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you."

 

The words tore JC apart. Tears fell down his cheeks when he closed his eyes and he took a harrowing breath. "What's your fault Kenz?" He asked softly. "What do you think is your fault?"

 

"Everything."

 

JC laughed softly. "You're going to have to narrow it down but I can assure you everything is not your fault."

 

"You broke up with mom because of me. Didn't you? It was because I was a brat wasn't it? I was mean. I made you hate me..."

 

"Oh no no no," JC said immediately. He cupped her face with both hands so he could force her to look at him. "McKenzie, I do not hate you. That is absolutely not possible, okay?"

 

"But..."

 

"No," JC shook his head. "Erase that thought from your mind right now. I do not hate you. Oh Kenz, I could never hate you. I love you." He watched her eyes fill with more tears and brushed his thumbs over her cheeks, catching the tears. "Come here," he pulled her back in his arms, holding her tight. "I love you Kenzi. Nothing you do will ever change how I feel. No matter what happens."

 

"Then why did you break up with Mom?" McKenzie sniffed as she pulled away. She stared at JC, shocked to see that his eyes were red-rimmed and tear tracks on his cheeks.

 

"Believe it or not, I was trying to help you. Come on," JC placed a hand on her back and led her into the living room. "It wasn't my intention to break up with your mom. She completely ran right over me. By the time she let me talk, she was already off the phone.'

 

"So you didn't want to break up with her?"

 

"Absolutely not," JC shook his head. He looked at McKenzie. "I love your mother. I want her in my life for a very long time. I want you in my life. I had no idea what happened to your mom. I found out right before you did. If I had known, I would have done everything to help her. I loved her even back then."

 

"Why didn't you tell her?"

 

JC laughed softly. "That seems to be the million dollar question. I really don't have a good reason. I wish I did tell her. I wish I would have taken the chance and told her how I felt."

 

"If it hadn't been for me, you guys would have gotten together. Gotten married and had a bunch of kids."

 

"Then you wouldn't be here," JC said softly. He ducked his head, trying to meet her eyes. When she did, he told her, "And I wouldn't trade that for anything." He watched her flip open the soft phone case and enter in a pin number on the phone. It lit up and he saw his name across the top in a text message. He frowned, not remembering texting a long message to McKenzie.

 

"I don't hate you, JC," McKenzie whispered.

 

JC reached for the phone in McKenzie's hand and tilted it to where he could read the screen. It was the message he had sent Lance yesterday. "Is this Lance's phone?"

 

McKenzie nodded. "He showed this to me earlier."

"Everything I put there is true, Kenz. I love your mom. I love you. I need you both in my life. I would have married Rachel if I could. I would have been your father in a heartbeat."

 

"I don't hate you." McKenzie said again, referring to the final line in JC's text. "I really wanted you to be my father."

 

"I know Sweetie. I wish I was. I didn't break up with Rachel because of what happened on Wednesday. I know you weren't expecting all this. I wasn't either. I'm still trying to work things out myself. I just want to help you. To get you back to that girl who snookered me into buying way too many boxes of cookies." He smiled when he saw McKenzie fight off a smile. "To get you back to that girl on Saturday when we overtook your mom and Uncle Lance. Next time you tell him I'm a better teammate, do it so I can see his face." That finally got McKenzie to smile and his heart lightened.

 

"JC?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"What do you see when you look at me?" McKenzie's eyes dropped from JC's face. She stared down at her hands. Her uncle's phone had gone dark again, but she made no move to unlock it.

 

"What kind of question is that?"

 

McKenzie raised her head and looked at him. "Do you see him when you look at me?"

 

"I see your mom." JC smiled. "I met her when she was sixteen. I can't believe how much you look like her. You act like her too. The same facial expressions. The same mannerisms."

 

"You don't see him?"

 

"Sweetie, I don't even think of him. He has nothing to do with you. You are you and I wouldn't change that for anything."

 

McKenzie grinned at him. She sat Lance's phone on the cushion beside her and hugged JC.

 

"I told you," JC said as he hugged her. "I love you. That will never change no matter what."

 

"I love you too JC." She held on for a few moments longer before releasing him. Voices filtered in from the kitchen. The low rumble of conversation and laughter. "Is your family here?"

 

JC nodded. "My parents. My brother and sister and their spouses. Do you want to go and meet them?" He watched as McKenzie shook her head.

 

"Mel told me you were adopted. Is that true?"

 

"It's true." JC waited sensing McKenzie wasn't done.

 

"Do you know your mom and dad?" McKenzie asked softly.

 

"I do." JC said and he could tell the answer surprised her. "I know my biological mother. I lived with her until I was five."

 

"Then she just decided she didn't want you anymore? People can do that?" McKenzie was slightly horrified to learn that piece of information. She thought kids were adopted as babies. She thought they were in foster care and then adopted out. She didn't know parents could just give up their children at any point.

 

"My mother didn't have an easy life," JC explained. His adoption was not something he talked about with a lot of people. While it was publically known, he wasn't sure if he actually came out and discussed it during any interviews he's given over the years. "It was me and her. My biological father wasn't in the picture. I don't even know who he is. We lived in Maryland, right outside DC. We didn't have a lot of money. We moved around a lot. Sometimes we were homeless. She did the best she could, but she soon realized that I needed more."

 

"She gave you up."

 

JC nodded. "She had been in the foster care system. That's how she knew Roy and Karen. They fostered her at one point. She went to them. It took a lot for her to realize that. It took a lot for her to make such a huge sacrifice. In order for me to have a better life, she had to give me up. But I went to live with Roy and Karen. They adopted me because they didn't want me to end up the system."

 

"Do you still see your mom?" McKenzie asked. "Your real mom?"

 

"Sometimes. We don't have a real close relationship. But we do have a relationship. We talk a couple times a year."

 

"What about your dad?"

 

"I don't know who he is. I've never met him. I don't even know his name."

 

"Do you ever wonder about him?"

 

"No," JC answered honestly. "To me, my parents are in the kitchen. Roy is my dad and Karen is my mom. Tyler and Heather are my brother and sister. They are my family."

 

"I don't want to know who he is." McKenzie confessed looking down at her hands.

 

JC wished he didn't know who he was. It was just another name added to the long list of names of people who used him in one way or another. The entertainment business was a dark place. He hoped McKenzie never had any dreams of getting involved in it. "It's understandable."

 

"How can you understand? Wouldn't you want to know if you had a child?"

 

"I would." It was another honest answer. He wondered what exactly he should tell McKenzie. He didn't want to start down a path that wasn't appropriate. He wished Rachel was here to help him navigate the conversation. "Personally, I think he lost the right to have anything to do with you after what he did."

 

"Why don't you want to know who your dad is?"

 

"Because he was never part of my life. Even when I was still with my real mother. He wasn't there. Then Roy became my dad and that's all I needed. I was a son to him. I wasn't someone on the outside looking in. I was part of the family. The man who fathered me had nothing to do with me."

 

"Nature versus nurture." McKenzie whispered.

 

"What?"

 

"That's what Uncle Michael explained to me." McKenzie lifted her head and looked at him. "That just because his DNA made me, doesn't mean I'm like him. I am shaped by what I am around."

 

"I agree."

 

It felt as if things were finally settling in to place. McKenzie didn't feel lost and struggling to find out who she was. "Are you going to fix what happened between you and Mom?"

 

"As soon as I can."

 

"I have it on good authority that she's home alone tonight."

 

JC laughed out loud. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her to him. "If my family didn't just fly in to visit..."

 

"They don't want to see you happy?"

 

JC felt like a fish on a hook. There was nothing he could do but let McKenzie reel him in.

 

"Can you come to my meet on Monday?"

 

"That means I have to talk to your mom before then...now that reminds me of your Uncle Lance." He laughed as he shook his head. "I wouldn't miss it Kenz."

 

*~*

 

Rachel rinsed the wine glass before leaving it in the kitchen sink. She'd wash it tomorrow. In Mississippi she knew her mother gave a shudder at the thought of leaving dishes in the sink but she wasn't in the mood to wash a couple wine glasses and silverware. Melissa had drug her down out of the attic leaving the items strewn about. It was a mess she'd have to clean up before McKenzie came home. They had ordered Chinese and brainstormed on upcoming books. Rachel appreciated the distraction. They wanted to try and get ahead in the series so they weren't dictated by deadlines. That was fine by Rachel. She was all for work. The more the merrier. If she could keep her head buried in work, she wouldn't have time to think about JC.

 

With Melissa gone, the house had fallen silent once again. She hated the sound of silence. A way to combat the silence would be to turn on the television or music, but she wasn't in the mood for either. She had texted Lance earlier to check how McKenzie was doing.  Lance had sent her a selfie of him and McKenzie. McKenzie's smile was wide. It made her heart happy to see her daughter looking so happy. She was glad her daughter was having a good time with her uncles.

 

With a sigh, she turned off the kitchen light and decided to go to bed. Maybe she would find a rerun on TV that would send her off to sleep. If not, there was bound to be a book on her Kindle app that would do the trick. As she was turning off the lights, the door bell rang. A frown formed on her face. It wasn't all that late, only a little after nine, but she wasn't expecting anyone.  Moving to the front door, she flipped on the outside light as she looked out the peephole and her eyes widened. She pulled back and shook her head. She had to be seeing things. She shut one eye and looked through the peephole again.

 

JC.

 

Rachel turned the deadbolt and hesitated before she pulled open the door. Leaning her head on the door, she took a deep breath and blew it out. Standing up, she opened the door. Too late she realized what she might look like. Frumpy with her black leggings and oversized t-shirt. The messy hair, red-rimmed swollen eyes from all the crying she had been doing. Maybe she should have cleaned up before answering the door. Maybe she should have just talked to him through the door so he wouldn't have to see her. Maybe she shouldn't have answered it at all.

 

"Hey." JC shoved his hands into the front pocket of his jeans in order to stop himself from reaching out.

 

"JC. What are you doing here?" Rachel raised her wrist looking at her watch. She knew was time it was. It was a move to give her time to try to collect her thoughts.

 

"I was hopping we could talk?" JC hadn't planned on driving to Rachel's that night. Then McKenzie had mentioned it at the dinner table and he was sunk. Everyone had ganged up on him and wouldn't let up until he agreed to fix his relationship with Rachel. Immediately. That night. This time it was he had been effectively manipulated. He might have been able to put off his parents and Tyler and Heather. There was no way he could put off McKenzie. He was gone.

 

When Rachel opened her mouth, he quickly continued. "Because you got to talk on Wednesday night and didn't let me say anything. I'm beginning to think that runs in the Bass family. You and Lance say Stacy does it. But in the last couple of days I've been on the receiving end of it from not only you, but Lance as well."

 

"Lance?" Rachel repeated surprised.

 

JC nodded. "Can I come in?"

 

"Yeah," Rachel opened the door wider, and stepped aside, allowing JC to enter. She closed the door and when she turned around he was right there in front of her. "JC..."

 

"I told myself I wasn't going to do this first," JC lifted a hand and cupped her cheek. He watched as her eyes drifted shut at his touch and her body swayed into his. He leaned forward and brushed his lips across hers.

 

The kiss was soft at first, barely giving Rachel a taste. Then she was in his arms, held tight against his body. His lips parted hers and she was lost. The only thing she could do was cling to him. Her hands fisted in a mixture of his cotton t-shirt and the denim of his jeans as she fought for traction at his hips. Her body melted into his. Her mind was consumed solely by him - his touch, how he felt, the taste of his lips, his smell. When he broke the kiss her eyes remained closed as she drew in oxygen. Her heart raced. Her hands were still white knuckled in his clothing. She felt his breath ghost across her lips as they both drank the same air. She could hear his breathing was just as ragged as her own.  It took a few seconds for her eyes to focus when she opened them. Blue eyes stared back at her. Her breath hitched seeing the emotions swirling.

 

"I love you." JC's gaze was unwavering as he stared into Rachel's eyes. "I have loved you ever since I was that dorky 22 year old who didn't have the guts to tell you how I felt. These last couple of weeks have been everything to me because I have you in my life." Her eyes filled with tears. He shifted to cup her face and felt her hands tightened on his hips. Her hold pulled his t-shirt tight across his chest. Her eyes fluttered shut again when he placed his other hand on her cheek. When the tears spilled over he brushed them away with his thumbs. "Whatever we have to face in the future doesn't matter because my life is better with you. That smile you sent me outside the café a couple weeks ago? I'm just selfish enough to want that sent in my direction everyday."

 

"I smiled because I saw you. My heart was happy." Rachel said softly as she opened her eyes. "You looked up and saw me and smiled. When you smile at me, it feels like I am your whole world."

 

"You are." JC whispered. "You are." He held her head in place with his hands on her cheeks and brushed her lips against hers. Once... twice... "You mean everything to me. You. Kenzi. You two are my whole world."

 

"JC, I..."

 

"Shhh," he whispered and kissed her again.

 

"I can't think when you do that," Rachel whispered against his lips.

 

"Good." JC settled his lips on hers once more. "I never wanted to break up with you." He told her when the kiss ended. "I thought about it... briefly...  I wanted to do what was best for McKenzie. I wanted to help her.  I wanted to help you."

 

Rachel let her head fall forward to rest her forehead on his chest. She finally released the hold she had on his hips and wrapped her arms around his waist. His arms wrapped around her and she let herself be held. "When you hold me like this," she sighed and turned her head to the side feeling his arms tighten around her. "I thought it would be better for you if we broke up. You didn't ask for all this...."

 

JC cut her off. "Being without you is not better for me. Not even close."

 

"Breaking up with me is not helping me." Rachel countered.

 

JC gave an aborted laugh, a smile growing on his face. "Then we agree that no matter what happens, we'll face it together?"

 

"I like the sound of that." Rachel lifted her head and ran her hands back to the front of his body. She splayed them on his chest, running them up his chest to his neck where she brushed her thumb across the stubble on his cheek. Running her tongue across her bottom lip, she saw his eyes darken as they followed the movement. She leaned closer, until she was a whisper away. Noses touched; breaths mixed. "Stay?" She whispered so softly it barely made a sound.

 

"Never leaving."

 

This time it was Rachel who pressed her lips to his. As they kissed, one of her hands moved across the side of his head to the back. Her fingers carded through his hair. Her other hand slid down to rest on his chest. She ran her tongue on the bottom of his lip. When his lips parted, she took control. Her tongue swept in, stroking his, seeking his taste. He tasted of mint like he had brushed his teeth before he came over. Her hand moved up his arm to his shoulder blade. When she took a step back, she pressed against his shoulder so he'd moved with her. Two more steps and she was against the wall next to the front door. JC's body pressing against her. When her back hit the wall, he took over the kiss. His tongue entered her mouth, teasing, searching. Her fingers tightened in his shoulder

 

JC placed a hand on the wall next to Rachel's head. He broke the kiss and trailed his nose across her cheek. His breath brushed her cheek. Rachel tilted her head to the side and shivered when JC's lips kissed the skin behind her ear. Her hands were back twisting in his shirt at his waist. It was that hold she used to keep him against her. She needn't bother. He kept his hips pressed to hers.

 

It took her a minute to realize the vibration against her hip was not an effect of what JC was doing to her body. "JC..." She whispered, trying to get his attention. He hummed against her neck. That time the vibration was from her. "Phone..." she murmured as JC's lips returned to hers. "Your phone..."

 

"What?" JC asked as he changed the angle of the kiss. He took advantage of her parted lips. His tongue stroked hers and he groaned when her lips closed around his tongue and sucked. His hips surged forward, pressing harder into her, letting her feel exactly what the kisses were doing to him.

 

"Phone, JC," Rachel murmured feeling the vibration again.

 

JC lifted his head, staring at Rachel. Her pupils were blown wide, her lips were swollen. Her breaths coming out heavy. "What's wrong?" He asked and then felt the vibration on his leg. "Oh..." His face heated as he blushed. He pulled back slightly so he could reach in to his pocket and withdraw his phone intending to turn it off.  The screen lit up with the movement showing a missed call and text messages. Lots of messages.

 

Lance.

 

"What's wrong?" Rachel asked, seeing his face. She looked at the screen seeing her brother's name. "Why's he texting you?" She paled. She started patting her legs. No pockets. She didn't have her phone. "Is something wrong with McKenzie? She's staying with him tonight."

 

JC unlocked his phone and opened his text messages. He was glad he didn't send the vulgar message he'd thought about sending after effectively being cock-blocked. It hadn't been Lance sending him messages. It was McKenzie.

 

‘Well????????'

 

Then came a photo of McKenzie holding a handful of popcorn to her mouth, which was wide with a smile mimicking a Michael Jackson meme from the Internet.

 

‘Did you fix it? Are you and mom back together again?'

 

*waiting*

 

The next message was a GIF. It took him a couple times through to realize it was flipping through photos. In the photos were Lance and McKenzie in various positions. One photo had them with their heads resting on a hand. Another was the same position but their other arm was lifted to mimic looking at a watch. Another had them leaned back against the back of the couch, their head leaned back staring at the ceiling, their arms flopped at their sides.

 

The next message was also a photo. This time it was a photo of a skeleton sitting on a bench with the caption ‘Waiting for JC to make up with Mom'. He snorted.

 

"What's funny? What's going on?"

 

‘Mom's not answering her phone.'

 

‘You didn't mess up did you???'

 

 

‘Please tell me you didn't mess up.'

 

JC looked up from the phone to meet Rachel's eyes. "It's not Lance."

 

"What?" Rachel asked, then glanced down when JC turned his phone toward her. Her eyebrows nearly hit the roof when she read the messages. "McKenzie? Kenzi is texting you?" She frowned. "I thought... but... she..." she sighed. "Why do I get the feeling that I've been manipulated again?"

 

"You haven't been manipulated." He tucked his fingers under Rachel's chin, tilting her head up.  He kissed her softly. "I have."

 

"I'm missing something."

 

"That's my fault. You distracted me." He kissed her again.

 

"JC..." Rachel murmured against his lips.

 

His phone vibrated in his hand and he sighed. This time McKenzie had sent him a GIF of SpongeBob biting his fingernails. He had a feeling she wasn't going to stop until he responded.

 

"What's going on?"

 

"Kenzie came to see me tonight." JC saw Rachel's eyes widen in surprise. "We had a long talk," He couldn't stop the smile from forming thinking about it. "We're good."

 

"Really?"

 

"Really." JC raised his hand, brushing his knuckles across her cheek. "She is one spectacular girl. You did an amazing job raising her."

 

"I'm sort of shocked." Rachel heard JC's phone vibrate again and looked at it, but she couldn't see the screen.

 

"She wants me to come to her track meet on Monday."

Rachel couldn't help but smile at JC, seeing the wide smile on his face.

 

"I told her I was going to fix us, she manipulated me in to doing it tonight." JC explained how his family is in town and how McKenzie, Lance, and Michael had stayed for dinner. Then how during dinner, they all ganged up on him until he finally left.

 

"I told you Lance was a bad influence on her." Rachel laughed. She dropped her eyes when his phone vibrated again. "Your adoring fan awaits."

 

‘Uncle Lance said you had no balls.'

 

"She did not!" Rachel gasped taking the phone from his hand, staring at the message. "I'm gonna kill him. It's not funny!"

 

JC laughed even harder and took his phone back. He tapped the button on the screen to open the camera. "Let's put them out of their misery." He pulled Rachel into his side and held his phone up snapping a selfie. He sent the photo and typed out a message. ‘Hey Uncle Lance, fuck off.'

 

"JC!" Rachel gasped, slapping his shoulder. "Don't send that to her!"

 

"I didn't tell her to tell him to fuck off. I told him to fuck off. You know damn well he's sitting next to her."

 

‘Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!'

 

‘I knew you would be able to fix it!!'

 

‘Aunt Heather said we're meeting for lunch tomorrow.'

 

"Aunt Heather?" Rachel questioned, staring at JC.

 

"I'm gonna kill her." JC muttered and backed out of Lance's message. He had tried to send a text to his sister, but Rachel put a hand over his before the message could be sent.

 

"Yell at her tomorrow." She slipped the phone from his grasp and pulled her brother's messages back up. Her fingers quickly moved across the keyboard as she typed out a message. ‘If Uncle Lance doesn't want Aunt Stacy to find out just who sent Keagan and Kellen the slime that resulted in Kellen getting his hair cut not to mention Aunt Stacy having to get her dining room chairs reupholstered, he'll confiscate his phone.'

 

‘Uncle Lance said that's blackmail.'

 

‘Uncle Lance isn't the keeper of your cell phone at the moment.'

 

‘Byeeeee!!!!!'

 

"Who sent the slime?" JC asked as Rachel pressed the button on the side of his phone, sending the screen into blackness.

 

"No one knows. It's a family mystery. No one has fessed up."

 

"And face Stacy's wrath? I wouldn't either."

 

"I'm understanding enough to know you have family in town," Rachel said softly, meeting his eyes. "But I'm just selfish enough to ask you to stay."

 

"Try and get rid of me." JC kissed her lightly.

 

Rachel slid his phone in his pocket and took his hand. Making sure the front door was locked, she led him through the house. The lights were already off since she had been heading to bed before the door bell rang. Nerves built in her stomach when they entered her bedroom. JC's hand squeezed hers and she turned around to look at him.

 

"I love you," JC settled his hand on her hips, drawing her to him.

 

"I love you." Rachel wrapped her arms around his neck as he dipped his head. His lips met hers in a soft, slow, sensual kiss. It was nothing like the deep consuming kiss downstairs, but it still filled every inch of her soul. Her hand threaded through the hair on the back of his head and she opened her mouth to him.

 

The fire built quickly. Her body yearned for more. She needed more. Dropping her hands to his waist, she fingered the hem of his t-shirt before slipping beneath the fabric. The skin was warm to the touch and she felt him shiver. Running her hands up his sides, she pushed the shirt up his body until he grabbed the hem and tore it over his head. Free of the barrier, her hands ran unbridled over the skin. Searching. Seeking. Exploring. Through the smattering of chest hair, she found his nipples and she ran her fingers over them. Her hands moved down his chest over his stomach. His muscles ripple at her touch.

 

JC groaned into her mouth when she clutched the belt loops of his jeans and pulled him hard against her. He broke the kiss and ran his lips over her cheek to her ear. He nibbled on the shell and felt her shiver. His arms wound around her waist, his hands pressed into her back, holding her tight against him. He kissed the spot behind her ear and felt her gasp. Fisting his hands in her shirt, he drew the fabric up until Rachel leaned back in his arms and reached for the shirt. His breath stuttered as she drew the shirt up over her hand and dropped it forgotten on the floor. His hands pressed against the hot skin on her back and his lips moved to her collar bone.

 

With a quick flick of his wrist, her bra was undone. Then it was skin on skin as he held her tight against him while he kissed her again. Her tongue stroked and teased and drew him into her mouth where she teased him some more, sucking lightly. His moan was swallowed by her. His hands moved around to her stomach. He could feel her muscles quivering beneath his touch. He cupped her breasts in each hand, running his thumbs over the nipples, teasing them in to taunt peaks.

 

"JC..." Rachel broke the kiss with a whisper and that allowed him to drop his head, taking one nipple in his mouth. He lavished the nipple with his tongue, while he continued using his hand on its twin. He kneaded and caressed, rolled the nipple between his thumb and forefinger, scraping a nail over it. Her fingers threaded into his hair in an almost painful hold as she held him to her breast. "God JC..."

 

Her moans and whimpers spurred him on as he switched breasts, giving it the same attention as he did the first. Hands cupped his neck and guided his head up and back to her lips. Those same hands broke the fevered kiss, holding him back. Their lips were a whisper away from each other. Their hot breaths mixed. His dick was pressing hard against his zipper and he struggled not to dive right back in. His eyes opened and met hers.

 

"I want you to lay me down and make love to me." He felt each movement of her lips against his. Felt her breath on his lips. "I want to feel you over me... all around me... in me. I..." Her gaze faltered and she looked down before she met his gaze when his hands circled her wrists. "I've wanted this - you - for so long..."

 

"God yes," JC whispered before capturing her lips again. He walked her backward until her knees hit the bed. Before he laid her down, he dipped his fingers beneath the waistband of her leggings and pushed them down. His hands trailed down her legs as he moved the material to her ankles where she stepped out of them. "You're beautiful," he said when she laid down on the bed. He stood, staring at her. To his delight he saw the blush cover her face and down her chest. "Every time you blush from now on, I'm gonna remember that it's not just your face."

 

Rachel's face flamed even hotter, embarrassed. She sat up and grabbed his hand. "That could get us in to trouble..."

His eyes drank her in. "I'm going to have a hard time keeping my hands off you from now on."

"It's a good thing I don't want them off me."

 

JC groaned and cupped the back of her head giving her a hard kiss before he stood back up. After toeing off his shoes, he reached for the button of his jeans. Once the zipper was down he pushed the denim over his hips. Not once did his gaze waver from Rachel. When he was completely naked he crawled up onto the bed and moved over her. He pressed his body against hers feeling nothing but skin on skin. "I can't get enough of you."

 

"Good," Rachel whispered staring up into his eyes. She parted her legs, allowing him to settle against her. His dick pressed into her pelvis and she shifted her hips causing JC to hiss and close his eyes.

 

JC lowered his head, taking a nipple into his mouth. His action caused Rachel to moan lightly and tilt her head back. He lavished her breasts until she was squirming beneath him. Keeping her lips on his body, he traced his way down her stomach. He settled between her legs and placed kisses on the creases of her thighs. He could smell her musk and felt his dick pulse, wanting to slide in to her right then.

 

Rachel ran her fingers through his hair as her legs parted further, opening herself up to him. "You don't have to..."

 

"Oh baby, I want to..." he whispered. He ran a finger over her folds, slick with her excitement. He circled her entrance and slowly pressed a single digit inside of her tight heat. He groaned feeling the muscles contract on him. He leaned down and licked up her center drawing a breathy moan from her. Working his finger in and out of her, he set sights on her clit. Flattening his tongue he licked over it, causing her breath to hitch.

 

"Jay....Cee..." she breathed, clenching her eyes shut. The fingers of one hand twisted in his hair while her other fingers clutched at the pillow beneath her head.

 

JC quit teasing and licked her clit in short strokes. He added a second finger, sinking deep. His dick gave a twitch. She continued to squirm as he brought her close to orgasm. Dipping his free hand beneath her thigh, he placed his hand on her hip. Fingers soon grabbed his and he spread his fingers allowing her to thread their together. He held them tight as he moved his fingers and tongue faster. Her breath was coming out faster and he knew she was close. Removing his fingers, he copied the same position as his other arm.  He straightened his tongue, burying it inside her as deep as it could go. Sneaking a peak at her, he knew he would never forget how she looked - her back arched, her head tossed back, her lips parted in a silent shout. Closing his eyes, he doubled his efforts. He moved his tongue over her clit faster and faster. Her hips moved against his face, seeking a rhythm they hadn't danced to yet. He closed his mouth over her clit and sucked.

 

Rachel's orgasm burst forth. She came with a cry. Her fingers gripped his hair, holding his face to her as he continued to lick her clit; his movements soft and gentle as he worked her through her orgasm. She pushed him away when she became too sensitive; her body spasmed with every touch. She sucked in oxygen. Her heart beat wildly in her chest. Feeling kisses being pressed to her stomach, she opened her eyes and looked down, meeting JC's sparkling blue ones. "Come here," she said and guided him back to her lips. As they kissed she felt his dick pressed against her thigh. "Please," she whispered against his lips, shifting so he would settle between her legs.

 

"Are you okay?" JC asked, pushing up on his elbows.

 

"Better than okay," Rachel smiled at him and drew him back into a kiss. She shifted her hips, rubbing against him. His hips shot forward, pressing his dick against her. He groaned. "I need you..." she whispered. She turned her head to the side and reached a hand out, but she couldn't quite reach the bedside table from where she lay in the bed. "I'm on the pill but with what's going on this past week, I've missed days..."

 

JC leaned down and kissed her. When he broke the kiss he twisted the top half of his body of her and reached for the bedside drawer. His fingers just reached the handle and he pulled it open. Inside was an unopened box of condoms. Sliding his finger in the flap, he opened the box and withdrew a strip.

 

"Setting a lofty goal for yourself." Rachel teased when JC moved back to her with the condoms in hand.

 

JC laughed as he tore off one square packet and tossed the others aside. "Trust me," he said as he sat back on his haunches. "It's not gonna take us long to go through that box."

 

Rachel blushed at the look he sent her. It filled every recess in her body; warmed her. When he was sheathed he settled back over her. She cupped his face again, staring into his eyes. "I love you JC. I don't even have the words to describe how I feel about you."

 

"If it's anything close to how I feel about you, I know exactly how you feel." He kissed her. "I love you." He fisted his dick and positioned himself outside her entrance. He groaned when he slid in to her. Hands reached for him and he lowered himself over her letting Rachel wrap her arms around him. A moan filtered out when her hips moved and he sank deeper in to her. He buried his face in her neck.

 

Rachel's fingernails dug into his shoulders as she clutched him to her. She clenched her muscles around him causing him to press his hips into her. She dipped her hands beneath his arms and ran them down his back, then trailing them up his sides. Her fingers nails scratched lightly at his skin. She rolled her hips and was rewarded when JC moved his.

 

JC picked his head up, bracing himself on his elbows on either side of her head. His hips moved in small movements. The motion so slight he barely moved inside of her, but he could feel her clenching around him. The tip of his nose moved across her cheek. His lips were parted, releasing hot air. He reached her mouth, giving her a teasing kiss; lips brushed across hers so light he couldn't be certain they even met. They held the position, breathing the same hot air as he pulled from her body and slowly sank back in. Their breathily moans mixed.

 

"God... JC..." She traced her hands back down his sides, clutching his hips, pulling him in harder and faster. Her groan was swallowed by him when he finally pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was hot. It was filthy. Tongues met and fought. They both tried to control the kiss. Neither wanted to give in. Her hands stayed on his hips, following his movement as he rocked in to her. "Fuck..." she broke the kiss and tilted her head back. She bit her bottom lip as pleasure rolled through her.

 

JC moved to her neck that was revealed to him when she arched back. He covered every inch of skin with kisses. When he got to the skin behind her ear, her fingers clenched his hips harder sure to leave marks. He trailed his lips down, nibbling at her collar bone. Her moans and little gasps spurred him on. His hips moved faster; hers rising to meet him. They settled into a rhythm. It was faster than he liked, but he had been waiting a long time for this moment. There would be plenty of other times when they could go for slow.

 

He latched onto her breast, drawing a nipple into his mouth as he sucked and licked. He cupped her other breast, rolling the nipple around between his thumb and forefinger. When he pinched it, Rachel arched into him. A hand went into his hair, fingers carding through the short strands to the back of his head. She pressed him against her breast, her breath hitching. He let the nipple fall from his mouth and sat back. Her hands fell from his body to the bed. He watched her fingers clench and unclench in the sheet beneath her. Her head was still tilted back with her eyes closed. The bottom lip was still drawn beneath her teeth. He groaned at the picture she made and snapped his hips forward. Gripping her raised knees with his hands, he tilted his head back and bit back a moan. His breath came out in heavy grunts. His heart was beating fast, pumping wildly in his chest. He opened his eyes when he felt a hand on his chest and looked down seeing Rachel staring at him. Her pupils were blown wide. He fell forward catching himself on his hands and captured her lips again. Her legs wrapped around his waist and he moaned into the kiss. "Shit..." The word escaped when he felt the familiar pull. He clenched his eyes shut and buried his face in her neck once again.

 

"JC..." Rachel whispered. Her arms wrapped around him, hugging him to her. She dropped her feet back to the bed and met him thrust for thrust.

 

"I can't..." JC turned his head when he felt Rachel's face turn toward him seeking his lips. He kissed her hard, teeth mashing. He rose up onto an elbow, working his hand behind her neck.

 

"JC..." she moaned, her hand clutching at the sweat slick skin on his back. "I need..." and then she was there. Her orgasm hit her and she came with a cry of release.

 

Rachel clenched around him hard. He slammed into her twice more before he was coming with a shout, shooting into the condom separating them. He collapsed on top of her, breathing heavily. She welcomed his weight, keeping her arms around him, holding him to her body.

 

"That makes me wish I was fifteen years younger so I could do that again."

 

Rachel laughed at his words and held him tighter. "It will happen sooner than you think."

"Not as soon as I want it to." He heard her snort in laughter and lifted his head, grinning down at her. "I love you." He brushed back the few strands of hair from her face that had come lose from her bun.

 

"I love you," she lifted her head and kissed him softly. Her hands cupped either side of his face, keeping him from breaking the kiss.

 

"Hold that thought," JC whispered against her lips. He kissed her again because she was there and pushed himself up from the bed. With a hand holding the condom in place, he went into the bathroom to clean up. Tossing the condom in the trash can, he washed his hands. When he returned to the bedroom, Rachel was waiting under the covers. He smiled when she met his gaze. Crawling under the covers he turned to pull her into his arms, but she was already there snuggling into his side like it was made for her.

 

To him, it was.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: unrequited missionary love daddyjc postsync originalcharacter jc joey lance unclel