December 23rd, 2011

He shifted nervously as he opened the car door for me.  The snow was coming down lightly, but just enough to make the roads and sidewalks a little slippery. 

“Here, I’ll hold you steady,” he said, with an heir of protectiveness as he linked his arm with mine. 

“Are you nervous?” I asked him. 

“It’s just been a long time,” he sighed. 

“You shouldn’t be – you should be excited,” I gave him a nudge. 

“I just can’t believe it’s been ten years since we did this.  Time sure flew,” he laughed gently as we made it up the front door. 

He rang the doorbell and we heard the scurrying of tiny feet across the wooden floor.  The front door flew open and we saw Brianna’s face, lit up to see the two of us. 

“Mom!  Dad!  Uncle JC and Aunt Emma are herrrrre!” she squealed.  We came in the door, shutting it behind us and shaking the snow off of our shoes. 

“You are getting so big Bri.  What are you now, sixteen?  Can you drive yet?”  JC picked her up. 

“I’m only ten!” she laughed, holding out her hands to emphasize the number ten.  He set her down and I handed her a wrapped package. 

“This is for you, sweetie,” I said.

She thanked us and scampered away as Joey approached, in his Santa Suit.  “Well, a ho-ho-hello to the lovers, here.”  He gave us each a hug.  “Everyone’s here, so come on in to the living room.”  We hung our coats on hooks in the hallway and made our way into the familiar living room, with the fireplace roaring.  Everyone greeted us and I settled on a place between Lance and JC on the sofa. 

“Who’s ready for Secret Santa?” Joey asked. 

“I get to go first this time,” Chris said, running up to sit on Joey’s lap.

“I love how we all are still sort of the same, even after all this time,” Lance laughed, watching Chris and Joey playfully bicker back and forth.  Justin snatched some cookies off of the side table. 

“No, those aren’t for you, Uncle Justin!” Bri shrieked.  “Those are for Santa!”

“But, Santa doesn’t come until Christmas Eve.  This is Bromas!” Justin said, emphatically. 

“Why don’t you pass everyone a cookie, hun?” Kelly asked. 

Bri nodded and took the plate of cookies around the room.  I took a peppermint cookie off the plate and saw that her eyes were glued to my stomach.  “Can I touch it?” she asked, in awe.

“Sure.  Here, give me your hand,” I said, guiding her small hand over.  “Right here, you feel that?”  She nodded with excitement.  “That’s the baby kicking.”  Her eyes lit up.

“Wow, do you know what you’re having?” she asked.

I nodded, “It’s a boy.”

“Oh, good.  I want a little boy cousin to play with,” she smiled. 

JC wrapped his arm around me and looked around the room at everyone.  He raised his glass, “A toast to the Bromas tradition.” 

 “Merry Bromas,” everyone cheered back. 


Completed
Whit1210 is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Bromas also liked 49 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: unrequited boyfriendj love tourj challenge celebrityj hotelj daddyjc lyrics brotherlylove celebritysync postsync originalcharacter christmas daddyjoey vacation